Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:25:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Howard Stern plays IRS by Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Howard Stern plays IRS by Guns N' Roses  (Read 12097 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2006, 02:19:43 PM »

I normally am not one to do this...but I feel damn proud. Good to hear BP sent Howard this too. Check my history...I sent this in to Stern as well. I knew he would play it! They played Oh My God before anyone...and they played IRS.

And to the dude who said Stern isn't a fan is mistaken. Robin is actually a bigger fan but I digress. Stern as talked very highly of Axl in the past and even had a chapter about Axl in his first book Private Parts. When Stern came down on Axl later it was for the same reasons half of the people in here did. That doesn't mean he doesnt know good music when he hears it, and he certaintly will always say what he feels. And he dug IRS.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2006, 02:21:16 PM »

maybe the song has been released for radio use? Howard Stern didnt say that it was a leak or anything of the sort

are you even reading the threads?

A board member sent it to the stern show AND mangement are pissed that it's in our hands.  Roll Eyes

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2006, 02:25:20 PM »

I normally am not one to do this...but I feel damn proud. Good to hear BP sent Howard this too. Check my history...I sent this in to Stern as well. I knew he would play it! They played Oh My God before anyone...and they played IRS.

And to the dude who said Stern isn't a fan is mistaken. Robin is actually a bigger fan but I digress. Stern as talked very highly of Axl in the past and even had a chapter about Axl in his first book Private Parts. When Stern came down on Axl later it was for the same reasons half of the people in here did. That doesn't mean he doesnt know good music when he hears it, and he certaintly will always say what he feels. And he dug IRS.

he sounded kinda luke warm about it to me.  Funny how NOBODY in the studio had a clue what was going on with GNR though.  Stern didn't even know if Axl was the lead singer!!!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2006, 02:49:45 PM »

The news even reached The Howard Stern Show this morning. Howard had the clip on his ?page? "Who is the lead singer of the New Guns N? Roses", Robyn says "What new Guns N Roses?". Howard "There is a new song on my page it says Guns N? Roses I.R.S.". Artie explains that they got a new guitarist. Howard: "How that guy go from so cool to being such a douche?". Robin Quivers: "It?s called drugs". He plays opening to I.R.S. & Robin says "Who is this" .. Howard says "It?s Guns N? Roses?. During the song Howard pauses & says "It seems like they are trying to put his voice all the way in the back in the mix." Howard says the song is good but they are confused about the quality & don?t know why his voice isn?t mixed correctly.

http://www.gunsnroses.us/news/article.php3?id_article=18

-BP? I basically wrote down everything
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:15:47 PM by BP » Logged

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2006, 02:51:56 PM »

WCCC in Hartford played it at 1pm and said they will play it again this afternoon.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2006, 02:52:06 PM »

The news even reached The Howard Stern Show this morning. Howard had the clip on his ?page? "Who is the lead singer of the New Guns N? Roses", Robyn says "What new Guns N Roses?". Howard "There is a new song on my page it says Guns N? Roses I.R.S.". Artie explains that they got a new guitarist. "How that guy go from so cool to being such a douche?". Robin Quivers: "It?s called drugs". He plays opening to I.R.S. & Robin says "Who is this" .. Howard says "It?s Guns N? Roses?. During the song Howard pauses & says "It seems like they are trying to put his voice all the way in the back in the mix." Howard says the song is good but they are confused about the quality & don?t know why his voice isn?t mixed correctly.

-BP? I basically wrote down everything
Thanks BP. ?Howards replies will make alot of his fans curious of the new GNR. ?

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2006, 02:52:25 PM »

HAHA Thanks BP

Howard is a douche

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2006, 03:01:48 PM »

Robin's a moron. Axl being "difficult" (a.k.a. a douche) has absolutely NOTHING to do with drugs. Do some research b1tch. It's his perfectionism mixed in with healthy doses of paranoia, ambition and a general "not playing by the rules" attitude. Roll Eyes

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
BP
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2006, 03:02:48 PM »

it was also played on 95.9 The WRAT today...? I heard heard Rockin' Robyn make a big deal of it.? O wait.. actually she played 'Better' the but cut version of course.

-BP

ps. yes robin can get annoying

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2006, 03:06:35 PM »

The first thing that came to mind is how pissed Axl is going to be.  I love that people are sending these clips out...but I want Chinese Democracy damn it!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2006, 03:13:43 PM »

Some of you forget Stern is a comedy show. Its not CNN. In the context and knowing that like the rest of the world, no one knows shit about GNR and the latest outside of us GNR geeks.

The only douches are the ones taking a comedy show so fucking seriously. The day before Howard had another chick riding his custom sybian. Then a dude flossed his teeth with a pubic hair left on it. Go call Wolfgang Blitzer ya tight wads.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
BP
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2006, 03:18:03 PM »

Some of you forget Stern is a comedy show. Its not CNN. In the context and knowing that like the rest of the world, no one knows shit about GNR and the latest outside of us GNR geeks.

The only douches are the ones taking a comedy show so fucking seriously. The day before Howard had another chick riding his custom sybian. Then a dude flossed his teeth with a pubic hair left on it. Go call Wolfgang Blitzer ya tight wads.

lol....  the sybian rocks!!!  Jenna Jameson was the first to ride it.  hey i'm a HUGE fan of the show. but I do disagree that it is soley a comedy show. they attack some big issues at times. a lot of good comes out of the show & its huge press for anybody.  I"m not offended in the least of his comments.  -BP

JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2006, 03:39:14 PM »

The news even reached The Howard Stern Show this morning. Howard had the clip on his ?page? "Who is the lead singer of the New Guns N? Roses", Robyn says "What new Guns N Roses?". Howard "There is a new song on my page it says Guns N? Roses I.R.S.". Artie explains that they got a new guitarist. Howard: "How that guy go from so cool to being such a douche?". Robin Quivers: "It?s called drugs". He plays opening to I.R.S. & Robin says "Who is this" .. Howard says "It?s Guns N? Roses?. During the song Howard pauses & says "It seems like they are trying to put his voice all the way in the back in the mix." Howard says the song is good but they are confused about the quality & don?t know why his voice isn?t mixed correctly.

-BP  I basically wrote down everything

See this is why I think people crossed a line.  Howard makes no mention that its a DEMO.....

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2006, 03:43:31 PM »

See this is why I think people crossed a line.  Howard makes no mention that its a DEMO.....

Yeah, that was my concern too...BUT, it was just a two minute tease.  I doubt anyone said "WOW THAT SUCKED" from it, who knows who even heard it, it was towards the end of the show.  For a demo it sounds pretty good too (not like the first version we got).

For all the buzz its going to generate, its a good trade off for the quality of song only  being a demo.  The pros outweight the cons in the end.  People who want to find out more will eventually learn its a demo.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2006, 03:49:17 PM »

yeah  this is what EVERYONE should keep in mind ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BP
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2006, 04:19:09 PM »

in the context of things..? it was more excitement than anything.? some are taking comments & making them negative...? but the excitement of guns n roses was there

this was free promotion to millions of a new band existing...? i dont even think he played 2 minutes of it. they may talk about it again.

come here... we're talking the king of all media... no shanty rock jock & not a stupid eddie trunk show
-bp
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 04:22:06 PM by BP » Logged

rainX
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2006, 04:28:44 PM »

nice job getting it to howard, bp

what a kick ass day.

GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2006, 04:33:05 PM »

Why didnt Merck call Mysteron to call Howard and ask him to cut the IRS song from the show's replay? smoking
BP
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2006, 04:40:24 PM »

I have the replay right here... recorded all in its original quality... but it's useless to cut it because we can't play the song lol & they didnt talk about it much so.... 
Gary got sick today on the show & screwed things up... it was supposed to be announced differently I think. thats why it was a little unclear. I'll contact him  again.

-BP

SLCPUNK
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2006, 04:41:22 PM »

They seemed more confused more then anything...............
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: