Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:33:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  were the leaks intended by managament to promote CD?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: were the leaks intended by managament to promote CD?  (Read 11089 times)
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 02:28:21 PM »

good thing jarmo transferred to a faster server yesterday... or he didn't... either way, things are very smooth now.

they didnt change servers , but merck gave them more bandwidth so they can track our disscussions. Everything we say is being logged and tracked by the MIB's ... I'm sure they are collecting IP's and home addresses right this minute ...

Be right back , theres a loud knock on my door.? nervous

I love this cynical jokes !!!  hihi very very funny   ok

//JK
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 02:29:47 PM »

good thing jarmo transferred to a faster server yesterday... or he didn't... either way, things are very smooth now.

they didnt change servers , but merck gave them more bandwidth so they can track our disscussions. Everything we say is being logged and tracked by the MIB's ... I'm sure they are collecting IP's and home addresses right this minute ...

Be right back , theres a loud knock on my door.  nervous

I love this cynical jokes !!!  hihi very very funny   ok

You outta be with me when I'm drinking.  hihi   beer

SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 02:36:57 PM »

The leak is intentional without a doubt - a studio version of a song we have already heard and half a track

Pretty obvious, but atleast they are starting the promo - the songs do good better each time i hear them...

hahahahahahahahahaha   rofl

I swear , do half of you guys even read the threads before posting in them?

The title of the thread was in question form.

He answered.

Pretty straight forward.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 02:41:36 PM »

The leak is intentional without a doubt - a studio version of a song we have already heard and half a track

Pretty obvious, but atleast they are starting the promo - the songs do good better each time i hear them...

He answered.

Pretty straight forward.

How anyone could think these leaks were intentional after management requesting they be removed the SECOND they FOUND OUT there WAS a leak is beyond me. BEYOND!!

*groan*

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 02:42:44 PM »

He answered.

Pretty straight forward.

How anyone could think these leaks were intentional after management requesting they be removed the SECOND they FOUND OUT there WAS a leak is beyond me. BEYOND!!

*groan*

i wonder how comfortable Eddie Trunk is sitting right now.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 02:44:35 PM »

He answered.

Pretty straight forward.

*groan*

I'm sure the GNR MIB's have paid him a visit.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 02:45:59 PM »

He answered.

Pretty straight forward.

*groan*

Think Mr. Burns and his legion of lawyers.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 02:51:07 PM »

He answered.

Pretty straight forward.

*groan*

Think Mr. Burns and his legion of lawyers.

Axl is Burns , Merck is smithers! hahaha

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 02:52:36 PM »

I remember the same hype happened last April witht the IRS leak.  When the leak happened, most everyone assumed that CD would be right behind it.  I am very hopeful for a 06 release, but I'm also realistic.  This has happened before, and I'll wait for an official statement.

I totally agree here....this has happened before.  I don't believe a song leak has anything to do with the release.   When IRS leaked on the forums it was just a leak and nothing more...no secret conspiracy or plan for the album release.   

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2006, 03:05:53 PM »

Exactly.  Tongue I guess this leak and that leak were not intentional.

However this time the sound quality is not terrible like that of the last time, they are less strict to some extent.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 03:09:43 PM »

3 demo songs? I only got 2

IRS and Better

The 3rd one is the best , TWAT .. too bad you missed it.

Newb.

TWAT is amazing, I think its going to be GNR's best song ever.

i was told that the so called TWAT release wasnt really GN'R

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 03:11:15 PM »

In my humble opinion, whoever had these tracks felt a little sorry for the fans when Axl played CD to some random club owners and decided to share a little of the joy with us.

Here today...ready to rock
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 03:28:13 PM »

When Interscope gets ready to promote and release the first Guns N' Roses studio album consisting of original material in, what is it now, 15 years? It is not going to be by leaking clips of, or demos of songs that may or may not sound like the album versions to people who are already looking for any little piece of information they can get their hand on. It's going to be a full blown media marketing campaign, attempting to reach those who need to be informed of the new GN'R, as well as everybody else. That is, unless someone in the Interscope marketing department just got fired.
Origen
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2006, 03:40:15 PM »

who is this 'Merck' -? what's it look like? where's it from? is it an insider?

Merck Mercuriadis: the highest paid director in Sanctuary earned ?1,250,000 last year:

If his job is the same then I still prefer Doug Goldstein he really got the GnR name everywhere during the Illusion tour.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2006, 03:50:29 PM »

If managment were going to do a leak they would use a polished track-not demos. But perhaps with radio stations picking this up, they will be persuaded to get off their ass and speed up the promotional process for the ACTUAL finished album.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2006, 03:54:37 PM »

I was just talking with someone at my job and that management could have leaked this to get all the hype stirred up for GNR but ofcourse they cannot let that be known so they make all the forums pull it and say that had nothing to do with it.  But look at all the hype even if the album isn't released it still gets people talking about GNR and axl and puts GNR as at the topic of convo.   Just saying.   So I am on the fence part of me believes that maybe this is a stunt by management and then another part of me believes that someone got it and released it.   

Anyone think we will get the next part of Better?

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2006, 04:05:50 PM »

no way that they leaked it intentionally....   keep in mind that it`s an old demo....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

This whole thing seems strange to me.  I know the management is asking people not to pass these leaks around, but the whole thing is weird.  They leaked a better version of a song that was already leaked, and leaked a little over a minute of a brand new studio track that sounds great.  If the leak didn't come from inside the camp, wouldn't we have heard the full version of Better?
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2006, 07:17:51 PM »

"people will hear music this year"

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2006, 07:49:09 PM »

NO THEY WEREN'T. Why? Cause the Guns N' Roses Managment treats us like shit. And I dont want to hear ohhh Merch confirms or doesnt confirm rumors.. Bullshit. Anyone can do that. How about they give us what every other band in the world has... communication.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: