Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:18:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash rehearsing together?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash rehearsing together?  (Read 10450 times)
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 01:52:23 PM »

Duff instead of Tommy... Axl -Slash -Duff, the "magic three" should be reunited... with Richard, Robin, Dizzy and Brain of the new band, we would have the best GN'R line-up ever.

I agree with you, but Izzy to me is a key to the old GNR sound and lyrics. Believe me.

//JK
Origen
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 01:53:24 PM »

Duff instead of Tommy... Axl -Slash -Duff, the "magic three" should be reunited... with Richard, Robin, Dizzy and Brain of the new band, we would have the best GN'R line-up ever.

I would pick Matt over Brain, I have never really like him or his drum tone, even when he was with Primus

John Freese should never of left.
RichardNixon
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 01:58:02 PM »

It would be a real shitty thing to do if the whole CD project was scrapped for a reunion. They need a new guitar player, so bring in Slash, but the rest of the guys deserve to stay.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 02:02:04 PM »

I would pick Matt over Brain, I have never really like him or his drum tone, even when he was with Primus

He's amazing. A Perfect Circle Kicks. Check out "The Noose" the drums kick ass an that track ok

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 02:02:39 PM »

lol , management probably started this false rumor to take talk away from the "leaks" ... lmfao.

I'm kidding , I think. Thats what the MIB's tell me to say.

//JK75
VIP

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 02:03:13 PM »

Tommy is the only new member to have been with Axl unconditionally since 1998. Robin left for awhile. Tommy deserves to be involved. Slash is definitely very important to the brand and would be huge if he contributes to the final product and tours.

Tommy is my fav band member from the current line up, I agree with you. But I would prefer the 1991 line up over the current one 100%. If Duff doesn't want to come back then keep Tommy. ?hihi

Well... but to be realistic I think this whole rumour is not possible now. And I say now, beacuse from the latest nice comments from Slash about Axl and viceversa, and that Axl's statement on the RS interview that he has been talkin' to Izzy, I think a reunion is closer now. It could happen but after CD release and tour... even after another two albums if Axl got that amount of material as he said.

About Slash re-recording lead guitar parts on CD. I seriously don't think so. ?If it would be possible, do you think Slash would be sayin' that CD will be out on march ?

And after all this time, I would prefer Slash keeps out of CD project. Just imagine that would be an excuse for another year delay... ?rant

//JK
//JK75
VIP

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 02:05:58 PM »

I agree about Josh Freese he's an awesome drumer, one of the best right now, but he's busy with NIN right now, and I hope Trent keep him !!!   hihi

//JK
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 02:13:09 PM »

sound like wishful thinking to me
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 02:27:45 PM »

Exactly my thoughts! Josh Freese is the best drummer out there for GN'R
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2006, 02:29:31 PM »

Wishful thinking? It would be fucked up! I want Axl to prove everyone worong. All the fucking doubters. I would be so fucking proud of Axl. I have followed him on this entire journey, and IRS and Better made me a believer again of Axl's genius. Slash better stay the fuck away from Chinese Democracy. I am serious. Axl should never let Slash come crawling back. He made his choice and he should have to live with it. This is Axl's time. And its high time he puts people in their place.

Release CD as is...fuck waiting longer for this non believer to weasel his way back into the fold.

But you know what? I will take this as rumor bullshit. It can't happen. It would be wrong.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 03:32:20 PM »

You know, for nearly nine years there was never any chance of seeing Bret Hart back in the WWE. Now, he's coming to Wrestlemania...

I've said for a long time that we will see Axl, Duff and Slash back onstage together...

Hopefully sooner rather than later.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 03:39:39 PM »

well if this is true then CD is indded coming in march hihi hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pdj79
Headliner

Rockin' the cowbell since '79!!!

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 03:45:24 PM »

Same here.  I want to hear You Could Be Mine played proper again, dammit.  Just once I'd like to hear the intro played with power AND precision.  Of course, if I had my druthers and millions of dollars, I'd say get Dave Grohl...that man turns anything to gold when he sits behind the kit.

Josh

There's something very 'Spinal Tap' about all this.  - Slash
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2006, 03:47:38 PM »

Same here.? I want to hear You Could Be Mine played proper again, dammit.? Just once I'd like to hear the intro played with power AND precision.? Of course, if I had my druthers and millions of dollars, I'd say get Dave Grohl...that man turns anything to gold when he sits behind the kit.

Josh

LOLOL rofl

that's funny, it'd be a cold day in hell before Mr.Grohl played for GnR i think

Origen
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2006, 03:50:04 PM »

If they were rehearsing 2 questions I really wanna know:

1. What were they rehearsing for ? (Download Festival perhaps)

2. What were they rehearsing/jamming on ? (Imagine seeing a video of them rehearsing Jungle or Civil War together? drool)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2006, 03:51:05 PM »

If they were rehearsing 2 questions I really wanna know:

1. What were they rehearsing for ? (Download Festival perhaps)

2. What were they rehearsing/jamming on (Imagine seeing a video of them rehearsing Jungle or Civil War together  drool)

maybe axl is teaching slash how to play better..... hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2006, 03:51:40 PM »

Best Line-up, or who I would like to see play together.

Axl
Slash
Tommy
Richard
Brain
Dizzy

I don't get anything from Robin and Pittman.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2006, 03:53:45 PM »

Are you serious?  With how Matt talked about Axl on the VH1 special, he's better off left alone.  And it show's he has no clue about good music when he ripped November Rain. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2006, 03:59:48 PM »

Axl
Slash
Tommy
Richard
Brain
Dizzy

OK, Ill play

Axl
Slash
Duff
Izzy
Brain

Yea, I'm old school.  I would like to see the current incarnation of GNR to tour as The Axl Rose Band for support of CD. ok

//JK75
VIP

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2006, 04:15:23 PM »

Axl
Slash
Tommy
Richard
Brain
Dizzy

OK, Ill play

Axl
Slash
Duff
Izzy
Brain

Yea, I'm old school.? I would like to see the current incarnation of GNR to tour as The Axl Rose Band for support of CD. ok

I agree.. I can?t understand why some people put Richard Fortus (over Izzy) on their "dream line up" he was the last one in joining GNR, no one had heard a note he played (at least in the studio material) and his past as a musician is pop asshole music... why is he better than Slash, Izzy or even Gilby ? because they think he looks cool ? Fuck up !

For the drummer slot, I have no preference, I like Matt in the UYI era, and Adler on AFD (not now, he's fucked up) but I don't care about Brain either, I don't have anything against him but I would prefer Matt over him. I agree, like I said before, Josh is the better man out there... but again, he's busy !  Smiley

//JK
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: