Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:22:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash rehearsing together?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash rehearsing together?  (Read 10466 times)
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« on: February 16, 2006, 01:18:51 PM »

Posted by "Auteur" at the velvet rope. He seems to be a long time member there as he has over 1000 posts. Take it for what it's worth.

http://velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=747797&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=3

As long as there's a new G'N'R thread going, I might as well share:

Yesterday, I got it on impeccable authority that original G'N'R is rehearsing again. I don't know if that means Izzy, Steven Adler, etc., but it definitely means Axl and Slash. Of course, even if it's hapening now, it still may never 'happen' in the public realm - and that's still my bet - but this is only the second time I've ever claimed to have really meaningful insider dope on the VR, and I was right the first time - I'm not jerking anyone's chain here...

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 01:20:44 PM »

This was then added by a member with over 1700 posts...I dunno what this is worth...

"i've just heard this morning from a fairly credible source that the rehearsals are indeed moving along and there is talk of replacing the leads on chinese democracy with slash... "

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
Origen
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 01:21:24 PM »

drool Doubt it though ?hihi

I think it would be cool if they were hanging out or jamming together behind the public eye.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 01:21:58 PM »

wow, this rumor just won't die huh? Undecided

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 01:22:57 PM »

It would be cool if Slash replaced Buckethead at lead guitar, even if only for a live performance or two.
Origen
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 01:23:01 PM »

This was then added by a member with over 1700 posts...I dunno what this is worth...

"i've just heard this morning from a fairly credible source that the rehearsals are indeed moving along and there is talk of replacing the leads on chinese democracy with slash... "

Now that is deffiantly not going to happen.

I can believe they were hanging out but there is no way that only Slash is going to rejoin GnR and just leave VR suddenly.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 01:26:28 PM »

Good Lord.  I have been a hard-core fan since 87 and I have NEVER seen so many rumors about this band.  CD coming out, the reunion rumors.  Friggin crazy. confused

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 01:30:05 PM »

lol id love for slash to return. but its not gonna happen....hes making dance music now with Velvet Rollerskaters Disco

html sucks
shaun
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 01:34:37 PM »

Maybe Axl is coming to terms with the fact that GnR isn't quite GnR without Slash. Maybe the new GnR will feature Slash on the old GnR songs and Robin on the new material or maybe Axl has said to Slash, you can join GnR only if you learn all the parts Buckethead has devised for the new album  Grin
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 01:35:47 PM »

It would sound MIND BLOWING with Slash. His guitar tone is unique. The man is a genius. Definitely better than Buckethead.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
shaun
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 01:36:42 PM »

It would sound MIND BLOWING with Slash. His guitar tone is unique. The man is a genius. Definitely better than Buckethead.

not better, just different
RichardNixon
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 01:40:56 PM »

If Slash came back on board--fine, cool...but leave Finck and Fortus. And if Slash is back with the band, what does that mean for VR and "Libertad" as well as the rest of the nu-GN'R?

My ideal GN'R for '06:

Axl
Slash
Robin
Richard
Tommy
Brain
Dizzy
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 01:42:09 PM »

Duff instead of Tommy... Axl -Slash -Duff, the "magic three" should be reunited... with Richard, Robin, Dizzy and Brain of the new band, we would have the best GN'R line-up ever.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
madagas
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 01:44:22 PM »

I'm with tricky Dick.....Duff?? Nice guy but isn't fit to hold Tommy's jock. rofl
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 01:45:35 PM »

I wouldn't want to see Tommy given the shaft in favour of Duff; he's given a hell of a lot to the band. I'd agree that the current lineup + Slash would be fantastic to see live; just imagine Fortus and Slash on stage together...  drool

SG
Origen
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 01:46:14 PM »

I'm with tricky Dick.....Duff?? Nice guy but isn't fit to hold Tommy's jock. rofl

Tommy isn't a patch on Duff. Duff is a great musician and has really got his life on track since going clean, I would want Duff back just as much as Slash.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 01:46:41 PM »

"Take it for what it's worth....................................."
shaun
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 01:47:37 PM »

I wouldn't want to see Tommy given the shaft in favour of Duff; he's given a hell of a lot to the band. I'd agree that the current lineup + Slash would be fantastic to see live; just imagine Fortus and Slash on stage together...  drool

SG

Tommy should stay. Duff can fill in when Tommy's off [ill_broken-down_etc]
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 01:49:01 PM »

I think Slash is more important to the Guns N' Roses image and franchise than Duff is. This is not a slurr on Duff's musical abilities because he is a very talented musician but Slash has a more prominent role in the Guns N' Roses image and is essential to the GN'R name
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 01:49:59 PM »

Duff instead of Tommy... Axl -Slash -Duff, the "magic three" should be reunited... with Richard, Robin, Dizzy and Brain of the new band, we would have the best GN'R line-up ever.

I would pick Matt over Brain, I have never really like him or his drum tone, even when he was with Primus

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: