Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:39:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A Request / Management: "do not mention the songs ..."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Request / Management: "do not mention the songs ..."  (Read 22364 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2006, 01:58:58 PM »

I just burned it to CD................... hihi

But don't mention that to anybody..................

ad move , beware the men in black!

agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2006, 02:07:25 PM »

okay, let me preface this response by saying i haven't read this whole thread, nor have i even come CLOSE to reading all of the leak-related threads, so if i'm repeating something that's already been brought up, forgive me.

a band that has been in the process of making an album for 13 YEARS and has made allusions time and again to the album being released "soon" (or occasionally, "soon is not the word") and even now, when there have been fairly widespread rumors that the album is complete, has not announced a release date or even the fact that the album is, in fact, coming out this year ("you will hear music this year" is NOT the same as "chinese democracy will be out this year.") can't seriously expect its fanbase to ignore leaked tracks that COULD possibly end up being as close as we come to hearing the record, and at the very least could be the closest we come to hearing finished versions of these songs. sure, right now we're being told "soon, soon, soon" but it's been a broken record for going on a decade now and who knows how much music has come and gone (hopefully NOT deleted forever!) in that time that the GNR fanbase may never hear. i know i personally would KILL to have "IRS quality" demos of the tracks that were laid down with slash and duff prior to their departure, but chances are, we never will. so forgive us, the loyal fans, if we can't resist clicking the mouse to hear new music from a band that has released ONE new song in the past decade. want to stop us? i know i could be stopped with one simple statement: "chinese democracy will be released xx/xx/2006" a simple release date and i will refuse to click any further leak links. i can't imagine i'm the only one.

you said it all! Axl does whatever he wants and doesn't seem to care about the fans, he doesn't show up for shows, cancels tours, delays the album forever, and still we are here hanging on, waiting for the new album to come out. getting these leaked songs will surely NOT stop me from buying the new album (if it ever comes out), i swear i'll be the first in line to buy it, i'll arrive a week earlier in the store, pre-order it, all of that.
I guess nothing would make me not wanting to listen to these leaked songs, even if they gave me a release date, i'll only believe the album will be released when i have it playing in my stereo!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2006, 02:32:33 PM »

I just burned it to CD................... hihi

But don't mention that to anybody..................

ad move , beware the men in black!

Come and get me..........

I'll be the one with the loud music and the windows down..............
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2006, 03:10:30 PM »

I would be more sympathetic to management and Axl if he'd been aggressively protecting this stuff every second of his life... but as soon as he's cavalier enough with it to blast it at a strip club and NYC nightclubs and let his driver cruise around with it in the glove compartment... fvck it... he can't be THAT concerned about it... we're better fans of his than any of those mindless tarts he was partying with the other night... we're ALL going to buy CD Merck.... chill.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2006, 03:11:53 PM »

This seems like a normal request. We get little/no information about the CD for years and then we are expected to make these songs vanish. Someone should tell Gn'R management that Al Gore invented the internet and therefore only he can control what goes on there.

Who outside of the hardcore Gn'R fans cares about these songs?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2006, 03:15:36 PM »

when I noticed the "cop" car was all black , the "cop" was dressed all in black with big black sunglasses on ..

Ha ha, come to think of it I have seen a few black helicopters flying overhead today ...

I get the point about taking the links down. But seriously now, did the band's management actually have the balls to say that people shouldn't even talk about these songs? Boy, that takes a lot of NERVE to say something that imbecilic to GNR fans. I guess we should have expected it, though, since we have been treated like garbage for 14 and a half years.

One new song in all that time, Axl. One new song ...

SEE YOU NEXT SUMMER, INDEED.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2006, 03:16:10 PM »

we're ALL going to buy CD Merck.... chill.

beer  ain't that the truth.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2006, 03:25:08 PM »

You need to be extremely stupid when the band/management asks you to stop mentioning them and you keep on doing it...

This is considered extremely stupid?   nervous
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2006, 03:32:57 PM »

You need to be extremely stupid when the band/management asks you to stop mentioning them and you keep on doing it...

Well, as I have already said, I understand that it's gotten out of hand, but if the artist doesn't want it out there, you should respect their wishes... cause it could turn against you. Wouldn't you feel extremely stupid if THAT happened?

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2006, 03:36:05 PM »

Well, as I have already said, I understand that it's gotten out of hand, but if the artist doesn't want it out there, you should respect their wishes... cause it could turn against you. Wouldn't you feel extremely stupid if THAT happened?

How could The artist turn against anybody?I could see it if the artist actualy did something for the fansBut Guns haven't done shit for their fans in years.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2006, 03:36:21 PM »

when I noticed the "cop" car was all black , the "cop" was dressed all in black with big black sunglasses on ..

Ha ha, come to think of it I have seen a few black helicopters flying overhead today ...

I get the point about taking the links down. But seriously now, did the band's management actually have the balls to say that people shouldn't even talk about these songs? Boy, that takes a lot of NERVE to say something that imbecilic to GNR fans. I guess we should have expected it, though, since we have been treated like garbage for 14 and a half years.

One new song in all that time, Axl. One new song ...

SEE YOU NEXT SUMMER, INDEED.

My understanding of the request was to simply remove all the links to places where you can download.  I don't think it was DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE SONG and pretend it never existed - just don't make it so easily accessable.

This isn't 1984 - big brother isn't watcing.  Or...is he???

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2006, 03:42:04 PM »

I respect Mysterons wishes so I won't be sending IRS around or anything. It's a cool song, also I want Mysteron posting here and answering our questions, I don't think its wise to piss off the dude or dudette. He seems to type like a dude so I will say hes a dude.

peace

Fuck All Y'all
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2006, 03:45:48 PM »

I respect Mysterons wishes so I won't be sending IRS around or anything. It's a cool song, also I want Mysteron posting here and answering our questions, I don't think its wise to piss off the dude or dudette. He seems to type like a dude so I will say hes a dude.

peace

Sometimes, it's best not to assume. Some girls are rough.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2006, 03:55:52 PM »

Huh
It's the management/ GNR camp who is requesting this and Mysteron is the messenger to my understanding.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2006, 04:17:54 PM »

I would be more sympathetic to management and Axl if he'd been aggressively protecting this stuff every second of his life... but as soon as he's cavalier enough with it to blast it at a strip club and NYC nightclubs and let his driver cruise around with it in the glove compartment... fvck it... he can't be THAT concerned about it... we're better fans of his than any of those mindless tarts he was partying with the other night... we're ALL going to buy CD Merck.... chill.

I thought this very thing too.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2006, 04:53:08 PM »

Well that is what Sanctuary are doing here. They can't be seen to be sitting back and letting this happen, can they? How would you feel if you were the artist?

How would I feel? I'd feel fucking ecstatic that anyone still cared enough to create such a big to-do after all the years of silence. I'd feel vindicated that even the pricks on Blabbermouth et. al. are begrudgingly giving the tracks their due.

And I'd be elated that the biggest (albeit overrated) radio personality in the world played a clip on his show. Too bad this leak didn't happen sooner, when Stern was still on traditional broadcast airwaves with a bigger audience.

This is the best free publicity the band could have asked for, especially coming after Axl's increased public profile.

And due to the huge interest in these tracks and the fact that nearly everyone's going to buy the CD at this point, the leaks don't equate to lost revenue.

So, if management or anyone else can't live with that... take Axl's advise from I.R.S., call the FBI, cuz all they bother with these days is copyright infringement anyways, joke of a bought-off law enforcement agency that they are.

christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2006, 04:55:14 PM »

Again. If it wasn't supposed to be "out there", then why the hell would he bribe a club to stay open with the CD? We get one song, that we have already heard. Just better quality. Some a$$ club got to hear the whole CD. So now it will get turned against us? Because we have loyaly waited for years, hear one song, share it, and then get told not to. Now we'll go back to playing the "it's not finished yet, they have to add the kazoo solo". And no, I wouldn't feel stupid if this whole thing backfired. THEY would be the stupid ones.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2006, 05:09:25 PM »

I hope it's clear that pretty much everyone who has posted or viewed this forum over the past 24 hours will buy a copy of anything Axl puts out on the first day of release. Hell, half the people will probably buy 2 copies!

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2006, 05:14:14 PM »

peace

Yeah, I like him too, but do you really think he doesn't want all the real gnr fans to hear the music dude. Sometimes people just say what they gotta say when they are asked by someone in power to do it. Mysteron obviously knows someone he can get gnr info from, so out of respect for that dude he is just REQUESTING we stop sharing the file. I don't think Mysteron will lose any sleep if you share the songs. I think we all deserve to hear these new tunes, I am happy I got too. peace
McDuff
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2006, 05:34:27 PM »

I won't post links to the songs on here,but there is no way in hell that someone is gonna stop me from sharing the songs with other GN'R fans,if you don't have the songs contact me and you'll get them ok
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: