Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:18:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A Request / Management: "do not mention the songs ..."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Request / Management: "do not mention the songs ..."  (Read 22415 times)
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2006, 10:46:36 AM »

Maybe u should make Merck understand that they don't own the Internet...? Wink

You're right. ?They don't own
The entire internet.
The songs, though, they do.

Splash

/Mike
i think he was referring to the part that we couldn't even discuss the new songs!

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2006, 10:49:26 AM »

Like Jim and AG said, things have gotten a little too out of hand and I don't see how discussion can be stopped. I guess all we can do is delete all the links to the songs, which we've done since the beginning anyway (well, since the first one among us logged in and saw the situation).

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2006, 11:08:19 AM »

There was a leak?!  Huh

Seriously , for fucks sake .. this is all getting out of hand ... I mean the GNR band/project/community should not be treated like fucking Area 51 , we are NOT some kinda experiment in secrecy .. are we?!

The fucking songs leaked and they can only blame themselves. Dont blame starving rapid fans hungry for new material from their favorite band , blame whoever leaked the cd-r to mike piazza.

Blame your fucking selves , managment , for NO communication , NO website , NO updates (however small and insignificant) , NO concrete lineup of band members thats public knowledge , NO explaination for Philly and that 2002 tour ... NOTHING.

And also , blame yourselves , mangement and members of GNR for shit like "soon" , "very soon" , "hairs breadth" , "next time I'm in chicago" etc etc ....

We're starving for material and last nite we were rationed out a snack and we gobbled it up ... what does anyone expect? Merck and band members just CANT put themselves in our place , they've HEARD this music a zillion times unlike us.

They should just be thankfull we heard it and loved it and atleast use our reactions as a measuring stick to see how strong the material is.

Chinese Democracy? Fuck that , call it "Area 51 revisited"

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2006, 11:10:53 AM »

read that book and learn his job. That's all I want to say.

I've read that book, but it didn't say anything about Chinese Democracy demos...

Merc might've read it as well.
I think Merck should read that book

read that book and learn his job. That's all I want to say.

look, we're all talking aboug gnr and are all exited ... i think GNR management is doing just fine.
media talks about axl even when he does not say anything at a random party. i think gnr managemnt knows where they're going.

anythinggoes
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2006, 11:11:49 AM »

There was a leak?!? Huh

Seriously , for fucks sake .. this is all getting out of hand ... I mean the GNR band/project/community should not be treated like fucking Area 51 , we are NOT some kinda experiment in secrecy .. are we?!

The fucking songs leaked and they can only blame themselves. Dont blame starving rapid fans hungry for new material from their favorite band , blame whoever leaked the cd-r to mike piazza.

Blame your fucking selves , managment , for NO communication , NO website , NO updates (however small and insignificant) , NO concrete lineup of band members thats public knowledge , NO explaination for Philly and that 2002 tour ... NOTHING.

And also , blame yourselves , mangement and members of GNR for shit like "soon" , "very soon" , "hairs breadth" , "next time I'm in chicago" etc etc ....

We're starving for material and last nite we were rationed out a snack and we gobbled it up ... what does anyone expect? Merck and band members just CANT put themselves in our place , they've HEARD this music a zillion times unlike us.

They should just be thankfull we heard it and loved it and atleast use our reactions as a measuring stick to see how strong the material is.

you forgot to blame Canada  hihi
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2006, 11:13:09 AM »

I believer Mysteron is correct.

People should stop sharing the leaked links. Look this guy doesn't have to post here and confirm some Guns N' Roses news with us. He could simply say fuck it and fuck those people. But he posts here even when its not a secure environment and sometimes he gets huge backlash.

He's just respecting Guns N' Roses management, and more important the bands interest. If they got some plan mapped out this could fuck up their potential plans or what not.

Now am I saint ? No yes I downloaded the IRS demo and I think its cool, am I going to share it no. I'll probably delete it soon.

However I am pleased with the song and the other demo Better.

No way the discussion can end of this unfortunately. It's like the 4th of July fireworks, it just exploded and well yikes.

Anyways we should respect Mysteron, and how he provides us info from time to time when really he doesn't have to thats what I am trying to say.

--Jimmy

Fuck All Y'all
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2006, 11:24:20 AM »

There was a leak?!  Huh

Agreed 100 percent.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2006, 11:29:11 AM »

People should stop sharing the leaked links. Look this guy doesn't have to post here and confirm some Guns N' Roses news with us. He could simply say fuck it and fuck those people. But he posts here even when its not a secure environment and sometimes he gets huge backlash.

He's just respecting Guns N' Roses management, and more important the bands interest. If they got some plan mapped out this could fuck up their potential plans or what not.

Now am I saint ? No yes I downloaded the IRS demo and I think its cool, am I going to share it no. I'll probably delete it soon.

No way the discussion can end of this unfortunately. It's like the 4th of July fireworks, it just exploded and well yikes.

Anyways we should respect Mysteron, and how he provides us info from time to time when really he doesn't have to thats what I am trying to say.

--Jimmy

Hey Jimmy did you download the songs? Are you gonna keep'em? hmmmm?

Well then why shouldn't other fans get to hear them too?

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2006, 11:30:35 AM »

OH MY GOD GUYS , BE CAREFULL!!

I just went to the grocery store and I was blasting IRS and Better on my trucks stereo (sounds awesome through the R/T's infinity 8 speaker system and my two 10 inch subs btw) and the cops pulled me over ... I was like "umm , did I do something wrong officer?"  .. when I noticed the "cop" car was all black , the "cop" was dressed all in black with big black sunglasses on .. without saying a word he went around to the passenger side opened the door , reached in and took the cd from my stereo , snapped it in half , flashed some flashlight device at my eye's/face and waled away without saying anything.

I feel kinda dizzy now and I think I need a nap , my memory .. fading ... ahhhhhh  nervous

The coverup starts now!!!

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2006, 11:32:11 AM »

I can totally see where management is coming from...but management has to understand...this isn't a regular circumstance..this whole thing with GNR...   We have been starved for material and we have been teased so to speak...Starting a tour and promoting something that has never been released.   Even before the tour the album was being talked about and was being worked on.   It's been long, long road for us so naturally we are going to listen to what we can.   I know it sucks for GNR but it sucks for us too.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
blackpainter
Opening Act

An HC, as always!!

« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2006, 11:46:54 AM »

I just wander how could these stuff leak? From Whom the demos come out? And why one of them is cut.
Anyway if Axl(or his management) asks to delete those stuff, fans can do nothing but delete.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2006, 11:47:29 AM »

I aint deleting shit.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2006, 11:50:05 AM »

The leaks are for people like us, though.  Honestly, we're the fan base.   I don't think anyone else who's not a hardcore fan even knows or cares.   This is all I ever ask for - just a little taste.  I'm not kidding you - I've listened to IRS probably 15 times already - I love it.

People at work make fun of me because I always tell them "When Chinese Democracy is released, I'm taking the day off."  These leaks just prove why. 

I love it!!!
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2006, 11:59:46 AM »

If management really cared enough to try and contain in any kind of way these demos (removing discussion of them is never going to happen though, y'know) then Axl should just release a statement. A vague release date. Something to hold onto.

Not just a slap on the wrist by management that actually holds no sway with the vast majority of people that post here.

Just saying 'oh...the leak, yeah...don't listen to them. In fact, don't even talk about them. Delete everything!" is bollocks.

A bit of communication with the fans wouldn't do any fucking harm.

People seem to have missed the fact that, while Axl has been spotted all over the place recently, he still hasn't said anything with any substance to the fans since...Buckethead left? I don't know.

Anyway, my point is that a simple 'request' phrased like that achieves nothing, and I'm sure management know it.

Also, telling people to not whinge is pretty condescending to a dedicated forum that have been, in majority, very loyal.

It's not showing much respect.

I'm not saying fight it. The files aren't even uploaded, or linked to, here anyway. I'm just saying that management (whoever that is at the moment...) need to communicate a bit better if they expect something back.

Still...Respect their wishes.

Agree 100% with you.

A little statement wouldn't hurt at all to the loyal fans who have been supporting him and hopeful of new studio material for the last 13 years.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2006, 12:02:09 PM »

There was a leak?!  Huh

Absolutely. Fuck them. 13 years of silence, what exactly do they think fans will do if offered something new.

Management should embrace the leak b/c it is giving axl some incredible publicity. Even Howard Stern liked the song. Seriously, I cannot understand this deny and cover mentality with this band. They are sitting on a terrific album, just let the public hear it.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
CAFC Nick
VIP

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2006, 12:03:04 PM »

To quote The bloke from kidNAPSTER on Futurama

"The internet is about freedom of speech and stealing other people's ideas"

Get used to it Sanctuary  hihi
CAFC Nick
VIP

« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2006, 12:05:21 PM »

They are sitting on a terrific album, just let the public hear it.

They can also make a shitload of money off this album so fucking release it....please?... peace
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2006, 12:07:06 PM »

--Jimmy

Hey Jimmy did you download the songs? Are you gonna keep'em? hmmmm?

Well then why shouldn't other fans get to hear them too?

Management told us to stop.

And I respect Mysteron

Fuck All Y'all
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2006, 12:11:45 PM »

OH MY GOD GUYS , BE CAREFULL!!

I just went to the grocery store and I was blasting IRS and Better on my trucks stereo (sounds awesome through the R/T's infinity 8 speaker system and my two 10 inch subs btw) and the cops pulled me over ... I was like "umm , did I do something wrong officer?"? .. when I noticed the "cop" car was all black , the "cop" was dressed all in black with big black sunglasses on .. without saying a word he went around to the passenger side opened the door , reached in and took the cd from my stereo , snapped it in half , flashed some flashlight device at my eye's/face and waled away without saying anything.

I feel kinda dizzy now and I think I need a nap , my memory .. fading ... ahhhhhh? nervous

The coverup starts now!!!

rofl rofl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2006, 12:12:33 PM »

Management told us to stop.

And I respect Mysteron

As do I.

but......did you delete them? Are you listening to them?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: