Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:21:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A Request / Management: "do not mention the songs ..."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Request / Management: "do not mention the songs ..."  (Read 22358 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2006, 12:14:50 PM »

*UPDATE*

MY MP3 folder just got deleted. Disapeared , gone!  nervous

When I goto it all I see is a picture of a big garbage can and written on the garbage can is "Feel better now , homefuck?!"

What the hell is going on?!

nervous

peace

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2006, 12:15:48 PM »

rofl rofl

we should call mulder and scully for that

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

Management told us to stop.

And I respect Mysteron

As do I.

but......did you delete them? Are you listening to them?

Im pretty sure they didnt mean it that way. I think they just meant dont post links to the songs on the net and stuff like that.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2006, 12:23:47 PM »

And I respect Mysteron

As do I.

Im pretty sure they didnt mean it that way. I think they just meant dont post links to the songs on the net and stuff like that.

I am sharing them with whomever asks. It is my duty as a fan and member of this community.

No offense but if I Abide by management's wishes, I deprive people of pleasure.

Since I plan to buy the album and any singles, they are not losing revenue b/c of me.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 01:13:06 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2006, 12:27:02 PM »

^ Bingo

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2006, 12:30:45 PM »

And I respect Mysteron

As do I.

I am sharing them with whomever asks. It is my duty as a fan and member of this community.

No offense but if I imbide by management's wishes, I deprive people of pleasure.

Since I plan to buy the album and any singles, they are not losing revenue b/c of me.

Ditto, But Chineseblues what makes you so special that you get to listen to the tracks but people who were sleeping or out last night don't get to? I mean they are prolly just as big of GnR fans as everyone else right?

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2006, 12:37:11 PM »

I hope you've read the new rule, no more requests for the 2 demos.

Every request will be deleted...

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2006, 12:39:07 PM »

And I respect Mysteron

As do I.

No offense but if I imbide by management's wishes, I deprive people of pleasure.

Ditto, But Chineseblues what makes you so special that you get to listen to the tracks but people who were sleeping or out last night don't get to? I mean they are prolly just as big of GnR fans as everyone else right?

Im not saying its right or wrong. I was just pointing out what they probably meant. Sheesh get a grip people  Roll Eyes
anythinggoes
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2006, 12:46:04 PM »

A Request / Management: "do not mention the songs ..."

this title reminds me of Falwty Towers when the Germans visit "dont mention the war" well you bloody started it" ahh classic

well i guess we wont be seeing TWAT tonight nevermind ive had more excitement than i can cope with
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2006, 12:55:54 PM »

Hears a deal, I won't mention the songs if management explains what the fuck happened at the Philly show, 2002

Being I was ducking flying chairs and all and waisted 6 hours of my life for that
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2006, 12:57:33 PM »

Hears a deal, I won't mention the songs if management explains what the fuck happened at the Philly show, 2002

Being I was ducking flying chairs and all and waisted 6 hours of my life for that

rofl rofl rofl

Just imagine what people at the riot show of 1991 would have been through lol.

html sucks
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2006, 01:00:14 PM »

Im not saying its right or wrong. I was just pointing out what they probably meant. Sheesh get a grip people? Roll Eyes

Dude, I'm not trying to be an ass, but, put yourself in other's shoes. What if you didn't manage to get the songs? You can bet your ass you would want someone to be nice and ignore Managements request. Am I right?

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2006, 01:02:19 PM »

Im not saying its right or wrong. I was just pointing out what they probably meant. Sheesh get a grip people  Roll Eyes

Dude, I'm not trying to be an ass, but, put yourself in other's shoes. What if you didn't manage to get the songs? You can bet your ass you would want someone to be nice and ignore Managements request. Am I right?

Of course id get it. I never said management were right I was just correcting what you said they were saying. Im pretty sure they dont mind the fans spreading it around to each other via email and such, just not out in the open, which I agree with them on that. I myself have been helping people get the songs via email and such just not out in the open....
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2006, 01:02:24 PM »

rofl rofl rofl

Just imagine what people at the riot show of 1991 would have been through lol.

I think it's a perfectly reasnoable request......and since it's not gonna happen on their end........ hihi
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2006, 01:03:57 PM »

ok. So blabbermouth runs a story about it, splat supposedly ran a story on it, Howard Stern played it. This forum has been going crazy since yesterday about the song. And now everyone is supposed to pretend none of this ever happened. I'm sorry. I read every word, all 14 pages of the other thread. I was so excited about "the thing we're not supposed to talk about" I was shaking. I have heard "the thing we're not supposed to talk about". I am even more excited. Like alot of people here, I have been a fan for a long time. I have followed every rumor, every supposed story, for years. The day this CD hits I will be at the door of my closest music store to buy it. I will most likely buy several, just for the hell of it. So one song leaks out. No one is looking to make a profit from it. No one has said, "yeah, I'll give you the link for $5.". This is just alot of excited people who want to hear something new. Things have been going down since Axl made an appearance at that party with Korn, then he was spotted three days in a row, then there's a story about him offering to PLAY Chinese Democracy if a club stays open all night. Now this. So why all the secrets? The man himself in theory played the whole CD to a small group of people. Why the hell can't the rest of us have one song? This has gotten big. Really big. And this time I don't think it can be stopped. And I really hope it's not stopped. I hope this leads where alot of people are hoping it leads, to Chinese Democracy.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2006, 01:07:26 PM »

Im not saying its right or wrong. I was just pointing out what they probably meant. Sheesh get a grip people? Roll Eyes

Of course id get it. I never said management were right I was just correcting what you said they were saying. Im pretty sure they dont mind the fans spreading it around to each other via email and such, just not out in the open, which I agree with them on that. I myself have been helping people get the songs via email and such just not out in the open....

Ah, see I think that they don't want it out there at all. Like, wait for the album, no downloading kinda thing. They wanna erase this leak's existence, which means sharing of any kind. beer

Like I said, I never meant to be a jerk, just saying it's not right to say "here look what i got." hihi "Ahh it sounds sooo freaking awesome." hihi "To bad you don't have it and I'm not gonna let you hear it. nana-nana-nana" Tongue

EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2006, 01:12:05 PM »

You know, I can see them not wanting the link spread around, but acting like it never happened and not talking about it....WTF is that?  I guess they don't like us to get excited about their band.  This seems so absurd.  Plus, why should we do something for "management"?  What have they ever done for us?
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2006, 01:22:12 PM »

okay, let me preface this response by saying i haven't read this whole thread, nor have i even come CLOSE to reading all of the leak-related threads, so if i'm repeating something that's already been brought up, forgive me.

a band that has been in the process of making an album for 13 YEARS and has made allusions time and again to the album being released "soon" (or occasionally, "soon is not the word") and even now, when there have been fairly widespread rumors that the album is complete, has not announced a release date or even the fact that the album is, in fact, coming out this year ("you will hear music this year" is NOT the same as "chinese democracy will be out this year.") can't seriously expect its fanbase to ignore leaked tracks that COULD possibly end up being as close as we come to hearing the record, and at the very least could be the closest we come to hearing finished versions of these songs. sure, right now we're being told "soon, soon, soon" but it's been a broken record for going on a decade now and who knows how much music has come and gone (hopefully NOT deleted forever!) in that time that the GNR fanbase may never hear. i know i personally would KILL to have "IRS quality" demos of the tracks that were laid down with slash and duff prior to their departure, but chances are, we never will. so forgive us, the loyal fans, if we can't resist clicking the mouse to hear new music from a band that has released ONE new song in the past decade. want to stop us? i know i could be stopped with one simple statement: "chinese democracy will be released xx/xx/2006" a simple release date and i will refuse to click any further leak links. i can't imagine i'm the only one.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2006, 01:56:30 PM »

I just burned it to CD................... hihi

But don't mention that to anybody..................
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2006, 01:58:18 PM »

I just burned it to CD................... hihi

But don't mention that to anybody..................

And he is putting on Ebay. hihi

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: