Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:31:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think the recent Axl public appearances mean anything about a CD release?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think the recent Axl public appearances mean anything about a CD release?  (Read 6821 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 08:28:32 PM »

My personal opinion, I'd be SHOCKED, like REALLY BLOWN AWAY, if CD isn't released before the end of this summer.

I really wouldn't be..

I would be blown away shocked if we did see it by the end of the summer.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 08:44:41 PM »

Is it true that Axl played CD in that club in NY? So its finished? Those lucky dudes that worked there heard it. I think Axl is building a profile b4 the release.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Origen
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 08:52:33 PM »

I think Axl is building a profile b4 the release.

Dirty old man hanging around stripjoints?  hihi
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 08:54:27 PM by Origen » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 08:54:56 PM »

My personal opinion, I'd be SHOCKED, like REALLY BLOWN AWAY, if CD isn't released before the end of this summer.

I really wouldn't be..

I would be blown away shocked if we did see it by the end of the summer.

hahah yeah me too.
I will be blown away shocked when I see it, even if it will be in 10 years, lol.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 08:55:19 PM »

It is funny. When a band previews an album for the studio (ie: A&R guys) they usually do it in the studio from the original tapes, or now adays, off their computer software.

If CD is on an actual disk, with an actual tracklist, that tells me it came from a mixing studio.

This could be huge news...

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 08:58:31 PM »

It is funny. When a band previews an album for the studio (ie: A&R guys) they usually do it in the studio from the original tapes, or now adays, off their computer software.

If CD is on an actual disk, with an actual tracklist, that tells me it came from a mixing studio.

If it is true, is this the closest its ever been to being release?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 09:07:29 PM »

peace

I read something that it was ready in 98, but for some reason it never happened. I'm pretty sure I heard in an Axl interview that he said the label told him that he should go back and work on it some more.

I never believed in the strip club thing in 03.

I didn't want to say anything because I know people are going to flame it... When HTGTH was down I did a search of GNR sites and under GNRONLINE.COM the text (not on the site itself) said news expected May 2006. I just looked again and its not there. It could be nothing though.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 09:09:14 PM by misterID » Logged

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 09:09:18 PM »

peace

I don't think it really means anything.
he probably had some tracks on a burned cd. might not even have been the finished cuts.
don't forget, he played some songs at a strip bar in Vegas a few years back!

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 09:12:07 PM »

peace

I read something that it was ready in 98, but for some reason it never happened. I'm pretty sure I heard in an Axl interview that he said the label told him that he should go back and work on it some more.

I never believed in the strip club thing in 03.

I didn't want to say anything because I know people are going to flame it... When HTGTH was down I did a search of GNR sites and under GNRONLINE.COM the text (not on the site itself) said news expected May 2006. I just looked again and its not there. It could be nothing though.

it usually does that on google when you search for GNR. it usually says "News expected (insert 3 months ahead)May 2006" on the official site listing. next month it will most likely say June 2006.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »

Damn... rant

I don't know, man. I got a really funny feeling that CD is finished. There was a report on the radio about it and I tried to get on this site to see if anyone else heard about it, which made me search for a GNR site...

I think Axl having the tracks on a CD is really big news.

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 09:46:43 PM »

Any comments Mysteron?

Would be appreciated,

Thanks man

Fuck All Y'all
DontDamnMe
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2006, 10:05:53 PM »

I think it is odd Slash keeps repeating the March date.  Slash has a good thing going now with VR and it would be ridiculous for him to put his rep on the line by making such public proclamations without solid evidence to back it up.  Plus, Slash knows better than any of us, how Axl operates.  I don't think it is impossible for a March release.  We really have no earthly idea how far along the project is.   After all, its been worked on for years, it can't be that far from hitting shelves.  Just my two cents...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2006, 10:38:27 PM »

Hey guys, didn't U2 do something very similar to this about a month before 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' was released?

Nope, U2 were having band photos taken about a month before the album was due to be released and Edge just so happened to have a finished copy of the new album on him at the time...

I wasn't referring to that. I meant when they played the album to a select group of people in NY. I remember hearing something about that before the album was released.

Megaguns
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2006, 06:58:41 AM »

I think it is odd Slash keeps repeating the March date.? Slash has a good thing going now with VR and it would be ridiculous for him to put his rep on the line by making such public proclamations without solid evidence to back it up.? Plus, Slash knows better than any of us, how Axl operates.? I don't think it is impossible for a March release.? We really have no earthly idea how far along the project is.? ?After all, its been worked on for years, it can't be that far from hitting shelves.? Just my two cents...
If axl want to sell heaps of records, an album without alot of hype or pre release stuff is good, If it suddenly gets sprung on us, most ppl would but it rather than wait to DL it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: