Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:32:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think the recent Axl public appearances mean anything about a CD release?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think the recent Axl public appearances mean anything about a CD release?  (Read 6823 times)
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 13, 2006, 05:17:41 PM »

On the one hand, they are just sightings of Axl at a few clubs/parties. But part of me thinks that there has to be some reason behind the fact that Axl has been seen in public more times in the last month than basically the past 10 years.

Do you think that these sightings have anything to do with the possibility of CD being finished and a release date coming up, or is it just Axl having a good time and deciding to go to some places where the press will see him for once?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 05:20:24 PM »

Yes , it means chinse democracy starts now. Duh.  peace

badapple81
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 05:22:41 PM »

Well if he played the album then it must be ready... those few unfinished songs mustn't have been for the final 13 for CD.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 05:23:54 PM »

Yes, it's comin' out bitches, yes!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 05:27:35 PM »

at least it`s meaning that he feels comfortable being in public again.....    but hell yeah...

CHINESE DEMOCARCY STARTS NOW!!! hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 05:28:39 PM »

Probably just took a few days off to party around his Birthday
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 05:34:06 PM »

For him to play anything in public means he must be 100% pleased with it and to play the whole CD is awesome, lets just hope those rumours are true...

yeah, but he played some songs at a strip club in 2003. so this doesn?t mean anything in matter of his conviction of his material....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Sam
Headliner

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Dizzy Reed"

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 05:35:55 PM »

Do you think that these sightings have anything to do with the possibility of CD being finished and a release date coming up, or is it just Axl having a good time and deciding to go to some places where the press will see him for once?

I bet its finished. I hope he's jsut grabbing some publicity to work up towards the release date.

"Tell me what you're gonna believe"
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 05:39:04 PM »

I'd say one of two things: he's just enjoying partying it up a little in NYC for his b-day or he's in town to do business w/ Merck, and party it up a little......either way, at least the positive feedback he's getting from NYC may give him some confidence that people still want to hear his music, blah, blah, blah
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 05:41:04 PM »

yeah, but he played some songs at a strip club in 2003. so this doesn?t mean anything in matter of his conviction of his material....
Again it was just a rumour.

This time it is confirmed by Mysteron and he is with his bandmates. Grin
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 05:43:11 PM »

i dont think its a coincedance that the world's famous recluse is all of a sudden all over the place, especially after what he said at the korn tour party and  amid all these damn album rumors such as the slash article etc...

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 05:44:14 PM »

So Axl walks around with a copy of CD in his hand? nervous Strange how someone who's had it locked in a vault is now doing that. Too bad more info about that night hasn't come out. Does anyone really think he played the whole album? Its far more likely that a few demos were played. Maybe Axl just walks around with the Trunk/Piazza CD. hihi

Origen
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 05:46:54 PM »

So Axl walks around with a copy of CD in his hand? nervous

Read it again and it says he sent his driver back to his house for a copy of the album  hihi
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 05:49:36 PM »

So Axl walks around with a copy of CD in his hand? nervous Strange how someone who's had it locked in a vault is now doing that. Too bad more info about that night hasn't come out. Does anyone really think he played the whole album? Its far more likely that a few demos were played. Maybe Axl just walks around with the Trunk/Piazza CD. hihi

It was most probably the entire thing, for a number of reasons! Before the UYI albums were released Axl drove around with them, to see how they sounded on car stereo systems..... i dont think he was very pleased with the outcome if i recall correctly! Also if you read the report about the nightclub it says that Axl had to dispatch one of his bodygaurds to go and get the CD, no doubt it was locked away somewhere.

Jonx
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 05:55:20 PM »

It was most probably the entire thing, for a number of reasons! Before the UYI albums were released Axl drove around with them, to see how they sounded on car stereo systems..... i dont think he was very pleased with the outcome if i recall correctly! Also if you read the report about the nightclub it says that Axl had to dispatch one of his bodygaurds to go and get the CD, no doubt it was locked away somewhere.

Jonx
Yeah Jonx, I remember how he previewed the Illusions albums for different people. Played them in his stereo, and gave demos to select groups of people. Remember how Dont Cry demo leaked on the radio in L.A., and Axl was gonna sue to make them stop playing it? I just find it hard to believe he would play the entire album like that, unless it is truly finished and a release announcement is imminent. Hey guys, didn't U2 do something very similar to this about a month before 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' was released?

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 06:08:29 PM »

Good question, but tough to say.  I honestly don't know.  Like I've said in a few other threads today, I can't help but feel there is this energy going around that just feels like something is about to explode, and in a BIG way.  But that could be the mexican I had for lunch Wink

I think CD is done (or JUST about finished).  If it wasn't his birthday I would say something is DEF up...but maybe his buds and Merk just invited him out to NYC for a good time, stippers and VS models (what guy would pass that up).

Playing CD at the club doesn't really tell us much either...were they ruff cuts? were the songs 100% complete or were they of an IRS quality.  Would Axl play them either way?

My personal opinion, I'd be SHOCKED, like REALLY BLOWN AWAY, if CD isn't released before the end of this summer.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 06:29:02 PM »

I really, really hope so  peace
Chief
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 06:35:22 PM »

its a good sign to me that's for sure. i don't think that he had a copy of the whole cd with him personally , just some songs.. but that's just my speculation.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 07:22:33 PM »

Hey guys, didn't U2 do something very similar to this about a month before 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' was released?

Nope, U2 were having band photos taken about a month before the album was due to be released and Edge just so happened to have a finished copy of the new album on him at the time...

Needless to say, the album was stolen, and within a matter of hours, the full U2 album was available on the internet just shy of a month from release.

My personal opinion, I'd be SHOCKED, like REALLY BLOWN AWAY, if CD isn't released before the end of this summer.

I really wouldn't be..

I believe that's the deadline Axl is shooting for in regards to finishing the actual recording of the album: April/May/June.

If we dont hear any inside rumors, or tidbits about the album going to mixing/production before the middle of May, I think the waiting game will continue into the early fall..

Axl said they have 26 tracks NEARLY complete, with "nearly" being the key word, plus 6 others that still need a fair bit of work.

As much as we'd like to give Axl the benefit of the doubt, and think his recording habits have maybe accelerated a tad since the RS article came out, I just dont see that being so..If anything, with completion around the corner, I wouldnt be shocked if he was working on the album even less frequently...

Alot of emphasis towards Gn'R's relevance this year will be primarily dependent on the Summer months...

Axl knows he has to capitolize on the Summer...it's just a matter of if he will kick shit into overdrive or still drive this band with his foot on the break.. Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 07:44:10 PM »

these appearences must have something to do with an upcoming record release.  he even stated it himself at the korn party

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: