Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:38:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R not headlining "rock day" at RIR
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R not headlining "rock day" at RIR  (Read 3762 times)
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: February 10, 2006, 07:09:25 PM »

Hi there! I'm from Portugal, this is my first post, but I'm a daily reader of the forum. This where I check almost everyday for Guns' news Wink
I'm posting here today to let you know that it was released today the name of the band that will headline the rock day at Rock In Rio Lisbon 2006 and it was NOT Guns N' Roses as we all expected... I'm terribly disappointed with this, I was one of many people that bought the ticket for the 2004 edition, thinking that they was doing his comeback show. But I guess that after what happened, the organization didn't want to risk the band again, maybe afraid another change of mind...
Anyway, there are 5 days at RIR and we only know two headlines, so I guess there's still a (tiny) hope.
Sorry for the news, I couldn't be more disappointed than you are...
Cheers

Edit: Changed subject. /jarmo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 07:14:13 PM by jarmo » Logged
badapple81
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 07:13:30 PM »

I've been checking out the RIR site each day to see if GN'R would be listed and I'm really disappointed to see they haven't been. I mean they could still be listed but I can't see GN'R doing anything else but headlining.. just wouldn't be normal!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 07:30:16 PM »

what does it mean that gnr aren?t headlining rock day? i mean can`t they headline any other days?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Chief
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 07:43:47 PM »

yea i think if they happen to be playing and work things out, they will headline one of the days for sure!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 07:49:16 PM »

what does it mean that gnr aren?t headlining rock day? i mean can`t they headline any other days?

It means that RIR has one day per music style. For example, in 2004, Metallica headlined the metal day, Britney headlined the pop day, Foo Fighters (in replacement of GNR) headlined the havy rock day, Sting headlined the soft rock day and so on...
The thing is, I don't think that there's even the little chance of GNR playing there not being headliners.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 07:55:51 PM »

There are still lots of chances for them to play there...

I don't think Axl will pass this...

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 08:04:52 PM »

It means that RIR has one day per music style. For example, in 2004, Metallica headlined the metal day, Britney headlined the pop day, Foo Fighters (in replacement of GNR) headlined the havy rock day, Sting headlined the soft rock day and so on...
The thing is, I don't think that there's even the little chance of GNR playing there not being headliners.

I remember the thread about some guy mastering some "new" material of GNR ( someone posted the picture here ) and the guy wrote something like: "Guns N Roses - Unrelesed - Universal - Metal"

MAYBE the new songs are more "rock n roll" and Guns could headline the Metal Day... and those rumors about Guns in Ozzfest just make more credible this couse Ozzfest is more Metal than all these festivals

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 08:06:30 PM »

Honestly, why does GNR have to "head-line" at RIR? ?Talk about a guy and a band that could seriously up-stage a headliner! ?Axl and company would do fine as headliners, non-headliners, or just by making a cameo surprise appearance, who knows...but yeah, of course we'd all like to see them be the main attraction. ? beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 08:08:27 PM »

Honestly, why does GNR have to "head-line" at RIR?  Talk about a guy and a band that could seriously up-stage a headliner!  Axl and company would do fine as headliners, non-headliners, or just by making a cameo surprise appearance, who knows...but yeah, of course we'd all like to see them be the main attraction.   beer

Yeah sure, Axl would happily play under Metallica, RHCP, Maiden and any other band or artist out there...  Roll Eyes

saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 08:11:19 PM »

o well, ROger Waters is playing at RIR, WOOT!!!
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 08:14:43 PM »

I remember the thread about some guy mastering some "new" material of GNR ( someone posted the picture here ) and the guy wrote something like: "Guns N Roses - Unrelesed - Universal - Metal"

MAYBE the new songs are more "rock n roll" and Guns could headline the Metal Day... and those rumors about Guns in Ozzfest just make more credible this couse Ozzfest is more Metal than all these festivals

That's really the only possibility I see here (they headlining the metal day), because otherwise... I don't see it happening. Axl going there to support Red Hot or Mettalica? No chance...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 08:36:15 PM »

Headlining the "rock day" or the "metal day" is not important. What is important is headlining, and playing. It's to be there just one night. Anyway, I don't think GN'R will headline the "metal day" simply because it's not a metal band. But as soon as they play at Rio, I'll be happy.

Playing at Rock in Rio is a HUGE opportunity...I mean....this is the biggest festival in the world.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 08:41:14 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
badapple81
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 11:55:06 PM »

Would you guys just be happy to see GN'R perform or would you rather them not perform and perform at another festival if it meant being openers not headliners?

They can still headline another day.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »

Would you guys just be happy to see GN'R perform or would you rather them not perform and perform at another festival if it meant being openers not headliners?

They can still headline another day.

yeah!
its early in the year, and most summerfestivals dont give out theyr Big Bands before spring... Im happy with any GNR activity! even just a statement..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
WARose
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 03:55:29 PM »

are there any "non musical style" days at rio?    and is there an official site?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 04:29:09 PM »

are there any "non musical style" days at rio?    and is there an official site?
Yeah: http://rockinrio-lisboa.sapo.pt/ (there's an english version there)

And I can't see any mention to a specific day being for only one musical style.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 04:32:29 PM »

There are still lots of chances for them to play there...

I don't think Axl will pass this...

well if he does pass it up then all that "i can't play my favorite show because of BH" stuff was just BS
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 04:35:07 PM »

^^  don't think you can say that...it was relatively short notice that fuckhead, I mean buckethead quit
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2006, 04:36:32 PM »

^^? don't think you can say that...it was relatively short notice that fuckhead, I mean buckethead quit

I've had this debate or argument so many times so I'll let it go...  Lets just hope he plays his favorite show in the country he loves so much...
WARose
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2006, 04:41:49 PM »

Yeah: http://rockinrio-lisboa.sapo.pt/ (there's an english version there)

And I can't see any mention to a specific day being for only one musical style.

and where?s all this talk about the "rock day" etc from???   Huh

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: