Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:24:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Greatest "rock star" since Axl - Biggest, ROCK band today?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greatest "rock star" since Axl - Biggest, ROCK band today?  (Read 12882 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 10:54:54 PM »

green day it is

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 11:03:27 PM »

I'm going to go with Marilyn Manson. He pretty much fulfilled all the obligations for obtaining rock star status.

I absolutely agree. You can argue about his songs and moves, but he's one hell of a rockstar.

Yes, Manson is a true/larger-than-life rock star. I'd say him.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
josh85
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 08:35:45 PM »

i just stumbled accross this thread and it appears a lot of you guys have mis-read it, i'm assuming you thought it said who's the biggist cockstar cos thats the only reason i can think of that anyone would put liam gallagher.

he's nothing more than the untallented and mildly boring half of a rock fraternity that hasn't had anything interesting to say since 'whats the story' came out. don't encourage this goon or we'll be putting up with shit oasis albums for another decade.

the great rock and roll front men of our time have to be antony keidis and dave grohl. they're both in monster bands and you know they've been fucked up more times than we've had hot dinners. liam gallagher wouldn't even be fit to lick they're rizzla or flick their foil!
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 08:56:31 PM »

You said since GNR. Keidis was already in Rock's upper echelon before GNR imploded.

Dave Grohl's not even the biggest rockstar in his own band. That title would belong to Taylor Hawkins, the drummer.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
josh85
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 09:09:20 PM »

keidis was never in the upper echelons of rock stardom when axl was about, RHCP were still a relitively small band, they had some sucess off of the back of BSSM but i doubt they were even in the top 20 grossing bands.

and just because taylor hawkins has a bigger ego doesn't mean he's a bigger rockstar.
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 09:30:06 PM »

keidis was never in the upper echelons of rock stardom when axl was about, RHCP were still a relitively small band, they had some sucess off of the back of BSSM but i doubt they were even in the top 20 grossing bands.

and just because taylor hawkins has a bigger ego doesn't mean he's a bigger rockstar.

Sorry, but you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Some success of the back of BSSM? Some? Off the back? What?

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 09:48:07 PM »

I'm going to go with Marilyn Manson. He pretty much fulfilled all the obligations for obtaining rock star status.

I absolutely agree. You can argue about his songs and moves, but he's one hell of a rockstar.

yea as far as being badass its gotta be Manson, but if u dont count that then definitely Bono, U2 is huge right now.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 02:02:01 PM »

Sorry, but you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Some success of the back of BSSM? Some? Off the back? What?

You're right.  RHCP popularity has improved steadily since BSSM.  The new album coming out will prove this.

Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 02:38:09 PM »

I think i just might have to say Pete Doherty.

Sex, drugs, trouble and rock n?roll.

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 03:37:15 PM »

Marilyn Manson  and if we talk about  a modern metal God would be Phil Anselmo from Pantera, Superjoint Ritual and Down   smoking

If the world would end today... Wink
Megaguns
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2006, 07:55:39 AM »

james blunt    hihi  rofl
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2006, 08:10:53 AM »

Bono isnt a rock star, bellends.

prancing about on stage, and then immediatlely attending some world peace meeting aint about bein a fookin rock star.  :
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2006, 02:36:07 PM »

Marilyn Manson  and if we talk about  a modern metal God would be Phil Anselmo from Pantera, Superjoint Ritual and Down   smoking

+1

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2006, 02:49:14 PM »

chilis were never a huge band until californication.so get your facts right.
i would say the chilis probably still arent in the top  grossing bands.they will be after this album though unless something goes seriously wrong

green day are shit

and hawkins wants to be a rock star.grohl is.

he was the drummer for alanis morissette and then went to the foos,i dont think i need to give you grohls track record.whoever siad he is a bigger rock star is wrong.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »

i would say the chilis probably still arent in the top? grossing bands.they will be after this album though unless something goes seriously wrong

green day are shit

he was the drummer for alanis morissette and then went to the foos,i dont think i need to give you grohls track record.whoever siad he is a bigger rock star is wrong.

Are you all from Europe or something?

grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Div5Unaxdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM6GTXw1_D0&search=liam%20gallagher%20oasis%20fight%20noel%20reporters

part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeI-rMYgWQg&search=liam%20trl

part 2  - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P5_ah121uk&search=liam%20trl

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2006, 07:14:48 PM »

i would say the chilis probably still arent in the top? grossing bands.they will be after this album though unless something goes seriously wrong

green day are shit

Right confused, and what part of the world do you live in?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2006, 10:00:44 PM »

I dont know but I consider SYSTEM OF A DOWN, as the most interesting band nowadays  since they came out... definitely they have the rock star attitude... but also they make excellent albums...
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 09:28:51 AM »

yes they do.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 06:12:48 PM »

Dave Grohl?? PLEEEEAAASSEEE!?!?  I'm talking about ROCK STARS!!  How can you even mention him in the same breath as Axl, Manson, DLR, the guys from the Crue, Ozzy etc....you CAN'T!!!  FF were a post grunge flash in the pan..and how is Grohl Rock n' Roll at all??  Maybe its just me, but he'll always be the drummer from Nirvana, not the lead singer of Foo Fighters.  I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but....thats not the answer I was expecting.

I don't think Bono is a "rock star" either.  Biggest frontman out there right now, yes...but not a ROCK star.

I'm sticking with my answer - nobody.  No one has come close to talking the talk and walking the way the way Axl and the way SOME of the rockers of the 80s early 90s did it.  Kid Rock, Eminem, those types of dudes...all acts. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: