Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:27:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album  (Read 57316 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2006, 06:04:47 PM »

In my college rock history course, our teacher, who run's a nationally syndicated rock show (or contributes to) for NPR, told us that whenever you hear of solo efforts by bandmembers, the rule of thumb is:  the band is on major hiatus or done.  Well, it looks like Weiland is working on a solo album and movie, Sorum is working on a side album, and news regarding the VR follow-up is drying up.  If Come on, Come in was any indication (pretty generic, bad song), they may not be creating well together at this point.

In addition, reading certain forums, speculation among insiders is that baby steps are beginning to be taken towards the long awaited reunion.  It is all wild speculation at this point, but people in the know are starting to drop hints that there is indeed something in the works.  Take it for what it is worth, and keep in mind there is a long road ahead, and many steps to be taken before they pull this off.  Also, there are many friends of both camps in the profession (Steven Tyler, etc) that really would love and push for the band to make up.

Two things come to mind, and make this MAYBE more possible at this time.  First, the reaching out to each other by both Slash and Axl, and the media almost acting as counselors to help them reach out and make-up; and the fact that Axl said he is speaking with Izzy.  Secondly, I think CD is either done, or the band has tabled it, as the current members have all been busy with other projects themselves.

I really see no information here that warrants the comunity's attention. I think either this thread should be retitled, Reunion Discussion, or, better, locked up. Why stir up the community with what is tantamount to overspeculation.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2006, 06:09:31 PM »

someone else said about people wanting Axl and CD to fail, will go through all lengths to put curves in the road, when Axl makes any type of statement or is scene.
I said that, and it looks like there's some kind of a shadow war going on between the Axl and the Slash/Duff factions. This Halfin character is a friend/associate of Slash, and maybe he threw that bone out there to antagonize Axl's fanbase. Also the trial is coming up, so we probably haven't heard the last of the propaganda. Its really disgusting. These fucking games need to stop. I just wish Axl would release a great album and shut these peoples mouths for good.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2006, 06:10:31 PM »

This thread is starting to remind me of being on one of those damn tea cups at disneyland,spinning round and round till we all get off and puke from the dizzyness.

Apparently something was said , mentioned , by whoever, bottom line is IMO , it is like someone else said about people wanting Axl and CD to fail, will go through all lengths to put curves in the road, when Axl makes any type of statement or is scene.

AT the end of the day, the only truths I hold to are

1) Axl said we would hear music this year(cd, single whatever something

2)THe members of the band hae been completely loyal throughout,(maybe I can get alil insite tonight with richard, though Im actually goin more just to see him rock out and perform, but if we have a moment to chat ,a few questions wouldnt hurt I guess)

3) I tend to just not bother with BS rumors and speculation , cuse time and time again, it turns out to be just that, and I have better things to do.

Ask him if he is planning on doing any work with Richard Butler this year, or if he has plans to work with Love Split again (great band)!!

I personally like the love spit love stuff myself, Ill keep it in mind.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2006, 06:12:42 PM »

What I notice is that whenever a sign of CD release appeares on the horizon, some with "insider ?" contacts start reunion rumours. Why is that?  Huh
Because certain people want Axl to fail with CD, and whenever something positive happens concerning a rumour/Axl appearance,etc., they have to put out disinformation.

Seems so...
But why is that? a certain people that want Axl and GNR to fail. Could be they will be put at a disadvantage by the CD release. And They know the power and effect of CD and tell what's gonna happen with the release. Who are they?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2006, 06:21:16 PM »

Who are they?
Well, its obviously ex-members, people associated with those members, various fake 'insiders' spewing propoganda, and even certain segments of the GNR fanbase. Some people only want GNR to be remembered for what they did in the past. Axl being a huge success with a critically acclaimed album is not in those peoples best interest. So they will do whatever is necessary to prevent anything positive from ever happening. Sadly, it seems to be working, and Axl is playing their game. Cmon Axl: GET IN THE RING!!

elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2006, 06:24:41 PM »

Who are they?
Well, its obviously ex-members, people associated with those members, various fake 'insiders' spewing propoganda, and even certain segments of the GNR fanbase. Some people only want GNR to be remembered for what they did in the past. Axl being a huge success with a critically acclaimed album is not in those peoples best interest. So they will do whatever is necessary to prevent anything positive from ever happening. Sadly, it seems to be working, and Axl is playing their game. Cmon Axl: GET IN THE RING!!
Wow, you act tremendously knowledgable for someone who knows as little as anyone else...

SG
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2006, 06:27:40 PM »

Concerning Jungle, I assume the new band will continue playing it.
Yes, but I also assume they will play alot of new material. If not, he wont be earning any of my money during a possible tour. I'm not interested in another 'AFD rehash starts now' tour.

Something tells me Axl doesn't give a shit if he doesn't get any of your money.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
HellRevisited
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2006, 06:34:12 PM »

This is my first post here & I just love reunion rumours! I totally hope they're true.
& I hafta wonder a few things,like:
 ?Why do people think VR can't/won't break up?all the members ' previous bands broke up-& personally,I don't think VR is one of the strongest bands any of these guys have been in & it never struck me as a permanent band anyway.
 ?Why do people talk about Dizzy Reed like he's got fuck all to do with the original Gn'R anyway?just cos he lived up the street from the hell house?who gives a shit?God,I hate that guy.
Code:
? Has anyone else noticed the similarities between the Adler's Appetite controversy & the Gn'R contoversy?AA fighting other over rights to the band name,Gn'R fighting over rights to the bands name.guy whose name is part of the bands name(Adler/Rose) firing/chasing away the rest of the band.
 ? 'but they've all said so many mean things about each other-they'll never get within a million feet of each other again' ?oh please.these guys beat the living crap outta each other all the time when they were a band,called each other names,banged each others women,stole each others drugs,peed in each others beds,wrote bitchy songs about each other.they're wierd & dysfunctional,it's no big deal.
 ? ?Hell,it's probably not even true that they haven't spoken in so long,they've just been messin with us all along. smoking
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2006, 06:45:29 PM »

SAUL HUDSON ET. AL. VS. W. AXL ROSE

Filing Date: 04/29/2004
Case Type: Contract - Tortious Interference (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

05/04/2006 at 08:30 am in department WEB at 1725 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Final Status Conference (and OSC re: defendant's failure toappear at the hearing date of7/12/05*Jury Trial: 5/16/06)

05/16/2006 at 08:30 am in department WEB at 1725 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Jury Trial (TIME ESTIMATE 5-7 DAYS)

Trial got postponed to MAY now instead of MARCH and it looks like Slash asked for the postponement.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2006, 06:55:44 PM »

SAUL HUDSON ET. AL. VS. W. AXL ROSE

Filing Date: 04/29/2004
Case Type: Contract - Tortious Interference (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

05/04/2006 at 08:30 am in department WEB at 1725 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Final Status Conference (and OSC re: defendant's failure toappear at the hearing date of7/12/05*Jury Trial: 5/16/06)

05/16/2006 at 08:30 am in department WEB at 1725 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Jury Trial (TIME ESTIMATE 5-7 DAYS)

Trial got postponed to MAY now instead of MARCH and it looks like Slash asked for the postponement.

I'm starting to think that eventually this will be settled out of court.

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2006, 06:57:38 PM »

And the ONLY way GNR reunites is if the judge on this upcoming trial is just as sick of all the bullshit as we are and MAKES them reunite hihi rofl
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2006, 07:13:24 PM »

There is no way this all happened today. All because of the original post.. or is there something I'm missing? =/

People are just getting their hopes up in terms of a reunion. Aint happening. If this whole thread is just about this then it should be locked. 10 pages in one day for this!?  Roll Eyes

I like the way James called out fans who don't want GN'R to be anything but what they were in the past. You guys need to move on.

gnrevolution.com
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2006, 07:19:16 PM »

Just in: Axl leaves Guns N Roses and joins Velvet Revolver!  Shocked 

Not going to happen.  But then again never say never.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #193 on: February 08, 2006, 07:42:54 PM »

In my college rock history course, our teacher, who run's a nationally syndicated rock show (or contributes to) for NPR, told us that whenever you hear of solo efforts by bandmembers, the rule of thumb is:? the band is on major hiatus or done.? Well, it looks like Weiland is working on a solo album and movie, Sorum is working on a side album, and news regarding the VR follow-up is drying up.? If Come on, Come in was any indication (pretty generic, bad song), they may not be creating well together at this point.

In addition, reading certain forums, speculation among insiders is that baby steps are beginning to be taken towards the long awaited reunion.? It is all wild speculation at this point, but people in the know are starting to drop hints that there is indeed something in the works.? Take it for what it is worth, and keep in mind there is a long road ahead, and many steps to be taken before they pull this off.? Also, there are many friends of both camps in the profession (Steven Tyler, etc) that really would love and push for the band to make up.

Two things come to mind, and make this MAYBE more possible at this time.? First, the reaching out to each other by both Slash and Axl, and the media almost acting as counselors to help them reach out and make-up; and the fact that Axl said he is speaking with Izzy.? Secondly, I think CD is either done, or the band has tabled it, as the current members have all been busy with other projects themselves.

I really see no information here that warrants the comunity's attention. I think either this thread should be retitled, Reunion Discussion, or, better, locked up. Why stir up the community with what is tantamount to overspeculation.

OK Vector, then why is Yahoo running with the story today?  Yep, I am a total liar with an agenda (I am not directing that at you, but at the attitude on the board that things are either black or white--I tend to think they are grey--no one is right or wrong on this one yet, therefore speculation on the board is positive and exciting for the fans)

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/060208/340/g3b78.html&e=l_news_dm

Download Metallica
(Wednesday February 08, 2006 12:31 AM)

Metallica have confirmed they will play the Download Festival in the UK this summer, as rumours abound that the original Guns N' Roses are planning to reform for the event.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2006, 07:44:44 PM »

I like the way James called out fans who don't want GN'R to be anything but what they were in the past. You guys need to move on.
I know quite a few of us have had disagreements, and some of us dont like certain people here, but its time for the core members of this forum to shovel the shit(fake insiders, people who insult Axl for no reason, people who's only purpose is to insult HTGTH members,rumour starters, etc.) to the curb. Its went on long enough.
 Yes, AFD is the greatest album ever. Yes, GNR 87-91 is the greatest band ever. Yes, Axl has been an asshole at times. We get it. If you're not interested in CD, and you're sole intention is bragging about the past, take Jack's brilliant advice: MOVE ON. There's nothing left in the GNR world for you, its languishing in the past. Go build a time machine and relive it. If your intention is insulting Axl constantly for no reason, there are plenty of other forums(Motley Crue, Metallica,etc.) that will welcome you with open arms. If you're interested in insulting fellow forum members, go to mygnr. They get off on that kind of shit there. You can be a valuable member of their community.
 If we would all start ignoring the types of people I've just described, it would allow normal discussion among HTGTH members, without having to defend ourselves from the various insults, discuss bullshit rumours, or be a tool for the propaganda.

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: February 08, 2006, 07:48:40 PM »

I know quite a few of us have had disagreements, and some of us dont like certain people here, but its time for the core members of this forum to shovel the shit(fake insiders, people who insult Axl for no reason, people who's only purpose is to insult HTGTH members,rumour starters, etc.) to the curb. Its went on long enough.
 Yes, AFD is the greatest album ever. Yes, GNR 87-91 is the greatest band ever. Yes, Axl has been an asshole at times. We get it. If you're not interested in CD, and you're sole intention is bragging about the past, take Jack's brilliant advice: MOVE ON. There's nothing left in the GNR world for you, its languishing in the past. Go build a time machine and relive it. If your intention is insulting Axl constantly for no reason, there are plenty of other forums(Motley Crue, Metallica,etc.) that will welcome you with open arms. If you're interested in insulting fellow forum members, go to mygnr. They get off on that kind of shit there. You can be a valuable member of their community.
 If we would all start ignoring the types of people I've just described, it would allow normal discussion among HTGTH members, without having to defend ourselves from the various insults, discuss bullshit rumours, or be a tool for the propaganda.

great post ok

but you know what I have found that is cheaper and not as consuming as building a time machine?

people who want to relive 1987 and old GNR...just go see VR.  I can guarantee you after you do that you will better understand why Axl said music has to evolve peace
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #196 on: February 08, 2006, 07:58:44 PM »

Who are they?

mmm.. sounds as warrantable as the suggestion that the media are trying to bring Axl down

I personally dont buy into any of Axls paranoid feelings of persecution. The situation he finds himself in is entirely of his own making

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #197 on: February 08, 2006, 08:04:36 PM »

In my college rock history course, our teacher, who run's a nationally syndicated rock show (or contributes to) for NPR, told us that whenever you hear of solo efforts by bandmembers, the rule of thumb is:  the band is on major hiatus or done.  Well, it looks like Weiland is working on a solo album and movie, Sorum is working on a side album, and news regarding the VR follow-up is drying up.  If Come on, Come in was any indication (pretty generic, bad song), they may not be creating well together at this point.

In addition, reading certain forums, speculation among insiders is that baby steps are beginning to be taken towards the long awaited reunion.  It is all wild speculation at this point, but people in the know are starting to drop hints that there is indeed something in the works.  Take it for what it is worth, and keep in mind there is a long road ahead, and many steps to be taken before they pull this off.  Also, there are many friends of both camps in the profession (Steven Tyler, etc) that really would love and push for the band to make up.

Two things come to mind, and make this MAYBE more possible at this time.  First, the reaching out to each other by both Slash and Axl, and the media almost acting as counselors to help them reach out and make-up; and the fact that Axl said he is speaking with Izzy.  Secondly, I think CD is either done, or the band has tabled it, as the current members have all been busy with other projects themselves.

OK Vector, then why is Yahoo running with the story today?  Yep, I am a total liar with an agenda (I am not directing that at you, but at the attitude on the board that things are either black or white--I tend to think they are grey--no one is right or wrong on this one yet, therefore speculation on the board is positive and exciting for the fans)

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/060208/340/g3b78.html&e=l_news_dm

Download Metallica

Metallica have confirmed they will play the Download Festival in the UK this summer, as rumours abound that the original Guns N' Roses are planning to reform for the event.

LOL. Because as the article clearly says, Halfin had the news on his site for a couple of blinks of the eye, but alas, it is gone.  Anything else?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #198 on: February 08, 2006, 08:15:22 PM »

Who are they?

mmm.. sounds as warrantable as the suggestion that the media are trying to bring Axl down

I personally dont buy into any of Axls paranoid feelings of persecution. The situation he finds himself in is entirely of his own making
Cmon Jimmy! You know I will be the first to say that there's no media conspiracy against Axl. But what goes on among the different factions of old GNR, infighting among different segments of the fanbase, fake insiders riling up the fanbase, etc., is reaching a breaking point, and is much more serious than any supposed media conspiracy.
 One example is Slash's remarks of CD coming in March. What purpose did that serve? He's no longer in GNR, so he shouldnt give a damn what month or year the album comes out. It was clearly an attempt at riling up Axl's fanbase, and it worked.
 While I wouldnt discredit everything Ross Halfin has said in the past, his reunion comments were uncalled for, and since it now looks like they were clearly false, there must have been some sort of an agenda behind it.
 What purpose for the latest trial delay? I'll tell you the purpose. It keeps the status quo going. As long as this trial keeps being delayed, there isnt likely to be any new GNR release. They know that.
 Last, but definitely not least, is the fake insider shit. These people need to be banished from the GNR communities, because there only intention is starting trouble.

I know I'm ranting, but I get sick and tired of these various people fucking with us. It seems to happen more frequently than it used to.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #199 on: February 08, 2006, 08:22:03 PM »

In my college rock history course, our teacher, who run's a nationally syndicated rock show (or contributes to) for NPR, told us that whenever you hear of solo efforts by bandmembers, the rule of thumb is:? the band is on major hiatus or done.? Well, it looks like Weiland is working on a solo album and movie, Sorum is working on a side album, and news regarding the VR follow-up is drying up.? If Come on, Come in was any indication (pretty generic, bad song), they may not be creating well together at this point.

In addition, reading certain forums, speculation among insiders is that baby steps are beginning to be taken towards the long awaited reunion.? It is all wild speculation at this point, but people in the know are starting to drop hints that there is indeed something in the works.? Take it for what it is worth, and keep in mind there is a long road ahead, and many steps to be taken before they pull this off.? Also, there are many friends of both camps in the profession (Steven Tyler, etc) that really would love and push for the band to make up.

Two things come to mind, and make this MAYBE more possible at this time.? First, the reaching out to each other by both Slash and Axl, and the media almost acting as counselors to help them reach out and make-up; and the fact that Axl said he is speaking with Izzy.? Secondly, I think CD is either done, or the band has tabled it, as the current members have all been busy with other projects themselves.

OK Vector, then why is Yahoo running with the story today?? Yep, I am a total liar with an agenda (I am not directing that at you, but at the attitude on the board that things are either black or white--I tend to think they are grey--no one is right or wrong on this one yet, therefore speculation on the board is positive and exciting for the fans)

Download Metallica

LOL. Because as the article clearly says, Halfin had the news on his site for a couple of blinks of the eye, but alas, it is gone.? Anything else?

I really don't want to get in a pissing match. ?But, in my defense this was posted on yahoo today. ? ?I always have respected your posts Vector, even if I don't always agree. ?

It's real tough to critisize people for getting excited about this, when it is posted on yahoo and other online sites; and then mentioned by Ian Astbury who works with Matt Sorum and is his former bandmate in the Cult.

I am not in the new GNR or old GNR camp--I am just excited that it seems that there are things happening, and my favorite band is in the news. ?I have no clue what is true or not, but I hope we see GNR this year!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: