Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:55:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album  (Read 57315 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2006, 04:20:57 PM »

Its CD or bust, with a bigger chance of the sun going supernova then seeing a GNR reunion.

True That.

he's just sick to death of answering every internet rumor firestorm.

That would be my assumption.  But somebody from that camp has to do it.

Warren
« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2006, 04:27:59 PM »

Insiders or no insiders, rumors or no rumors, speculation or not, there is one thing at least for sure : most of Guns N'Roses fans want a reunion.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 04:29:56 PM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2006, 04:38:57 PM »

Insiders or no insiders, rumors or no rumors, speculation or not, there is one thing at least for sure : most of Guns N'Roses fans want a reunion.
If Axl cant release CD, then he can cram a reunion up his ass. I dont care about hearing Jungle performed for the millionth time. Been there, done that. Besides, a reunion would contradict every statement he has ever made. How can he bury AFD if Slash is 'up his ass' on a reunion tour? The only thing that could ever make a reunion relevant is if they recorded a followup to UYI.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2006, 04:49:30 PM »

Its CD or bust, with a bigger chance of the sun going supernova then seeing a GNR reunion.

True That.

That would be my assumption.  But somebody from that camp has to do it.

Does he? All we are is fan-created, fan based communities-we're not entertainment weekly or rolling stone. we act like just b/c we're an online community of fans merck needs to share information with us- he doesnt.

Having said that, I think being less vague and engaging the online community would help in appeasing a fanbase which will buy and promote anything his client releases, but that's business strategy not obligation on his part. especially when some of the rumors seems so utterly contradictory to everything thats gone on with axl rose the last decade.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Warren
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2006, 04:50:55 PM »

First a reunion, and then a new album.

Concerning Jungle, I assume the new band will continue playing it. If they ever tour again.
badapple81
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2006, 04:52:25 PM »

Personally I don't want a reunion without Axl releasing Chinese Democracy first. I have stuck with, defended and kept faith with Axl too long and been waiting for Chinese Democracy for too long. I want him to stick to his guns and go through with it and I think he will.

In saying that, if Axl releases an album under the Guns N' Roses name, I can't help but feel a reunion would without a doubt never happen. I mean I can't imagine "Okay Slash we'll do some GN'R stuff but first let me release my GN'R stuff".
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2006, 04:53:06 PM »

True That.

That would be my assumption.? But somebody from that camp has to do it.

Does he? All we are is fan-created, fan based communities-we're not entertainment weekly or rolling stone. we act like just b/c we're an online community of fans merck needs to share information with us- he doesnt.

Having said that, I think being less vague and engaging the online community would help in appeasing a fanbase which will buy and promote anything his client releases, but that's business strategy not obligation on his part. especially when some of the rumors seems so utterly contradictory to everything thats gone on with axl rose the last decade.

So, you believe we should get no information from the GNR camp? ?Some of us die-hards in the online community might think differently.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2006, 04:57:24 PM »

Concerning Jungle, I assume the new band will continue playing it.
Yes, but I also assume they will play alot of new material. If not, he wont be earning any of my money during a possible tour. I'm not interested in another 'AFD rehash starts now' tour.

Warren
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2006, 05:00:01 PM »

Concerning Jungle, I assume the new band will continue playing it.
Yes, but I also assume they will play alot of new material. If not, he wont be earning any of my money during a possible tour. I'm not interested in another 'AFD rehash starts now' tour.
Don't worry man, you'll get the silkworms. hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2006, 05:10:48 PM »

32 songs are more than enough for a full concert. Wink

What I notice is that whenever a sign of CD release appeares on the horizon, some with "insider ?" contacts start reunion rumours. Why is that?  Huh

And it could be that Merck isnt saying anything because something is moving with the current incarnation of guns

As a fan of 2002 lineup, I can't rule out this possibility. Of course I should be happy if they found an impressive newcomer. Wait, maybe that's what M88 hinted at. Maybe they had an audition.

I don't. I'm not into some uncles' alumni meeting.
Chinese Democracy will be what most of music fans want. Mark my words. smoking
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2006, 05:15:02 PM »

So, you believe we should get no information from the GNR camp?  Some of us die-hards in the online community might think differently.

Not what i said-i think we should get information because having a good dialogue with the online community is smart from a business perspective-being interactive with the fanbase shows that you care, and makes them more willing to promote the band thru street teams and word of mouth to other people-however, i dont believe merck is obliged to give us information if he feels it's not in his or his client's interest. he's the manager, he can give info or stay silent at his own prerogative-but i personally think it would be smarter to say something rather than be silent. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 05:17:47 PM by NickNasty06: Vengeance » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2006, 05:15:48 PM »

I don't. I'm not into some uncles' alumni meeting.
Chinese Democracy will be what most of music fans want. Mark my words. smoking

A brave assumption. ?I would be willing to bet that most music fans will be willing to see the people who made GNR GNR. ?The original guys are what made the band the legend that is GNR. ?I would like to see CD is well, but you're painting with a very broad brush.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2006, 05:16:33 PM »

So, you believe we should get no information from the GNR camp?? Some of us die-hards in the online community might think differently.

Not what i said-i think we should get information because having a good dialogue with the online community is smart from a business perspective-being interactive with the fanbase shows that you care, and makes them more willing to promote the band thru street teams and word of mouth to other people-however, i dont believe merck is obliged to give us information if he feels it's not in his or his client's interest. he's the manager, he can give info or stay silent at his own prerogative.?

OK, I see your point. ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2006, 05:17:24 PM »

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done"

Axl, January 13th, 2006.

Do you think "we" means him and Slash?

Personally I don't think so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2006, 05:22:37 PM »

What I notice is that whenever a sign of CD release appeares on the horizon, some with "insider ?" contacts start reunion rumours. Why is that?? Huh
Because certain people want Axl to fail with CD, and whenever something positive happens concerning a rumour/Axl appearance,etc., they have to put out disinformation.

ppbebe, what M88 was referring to as top secret was Slash being back in the band. His crony Axl Rose Child let the cat out of the bag at another forum. If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2006, 05:26:07 PM »

What I notice is that whenever a sign of CD release appeares on the horizon, some with "insider ?" contacts start reunion rumours. Why is that?  Huh
Because certain people want Axl to fail with CD, and whenever something positive happens concerning a rumour/Axl appearance,etc., they have to put out disinformation.

ppbebe, what M88 was referring to as top secret was Slash being back in the band. His crony Axl Rose Child let the cat out of the bag at another forum. If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

I remember ARC at that other forum....this was actally rumored there a reunion and he started it?  I have been away from the GNR forums for awhile.   Totally agree with your statement.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2006, 05:34:28 PM »

There is no such thing as a 'rumour'. 99,9% of the rumours on here are just "thoughts" or "things people want to hear themselves" so they make things up from there computer. They call it a rumour???

No way...... you could only call it a 'rumour' if allot of newspapers are reporting that a reunion is likely if axl looseliply, none or less wouldn't deny it with words. But that is not the case. A reunion will not happen, look at the post jarmo made. Axl gave an interview none or less a few weeks ago.

People just make shit up based on nothing but wishfull thinking. You shouldn't even call it a rumour.

I suggest every so called "rumour" topic on here should have a "wishfull thinking" tag on it in the future Then it would be actually right

And insiders my ass.

The only insiders are Merck, axl and de bandmembers.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 05:37:32 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2006, 05:35:20 PM »

actually i don?t believe it was really them.... this is the internet(a big garbage can... hihi)..... one can?t knowif it was indeed them or just some bullshitters. i think bullshitters, because maddy wouldn?t tell it to any forum...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2006, 05:36:22 PM »

I remember ARC at that other forum....this was actally rumored there a reunion and he started it?? I have been away from the GNR forums for awhile.? ?Totally agree with your statement.
A guy named Madagascar88 did an interview with Dizzy, and Dizzy told him some top secret info and he bragged to this forum about it. He said he couldnt tell anybody, but he told some mygnr rejects, and they started bragging about it here also. Said something HUGE would happen in 2 weeks. We're past that deadline, so he extended it a few months. hihi Axl Rose Child told some other forum the other day that Slash was back in GNR, and someone else at that forum also said he was told the same thing by M88. Basically, just a couple of losers trying to get attention. Also, M88 admitted to fabricating parts of that interview, but for some reason, I'm the only person who remembers him saying that. DTJ, welcome back to the soap opera! hihi

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2006, 05:36:46 PM »

There is no such thing as a 'rumour'. 99,9% of the rumours on here are just "thoughts" or "things people want to hear themselves" so they make things up from there computer. They call it a rumour???

No way, you could only call it a 'rumour' if allot of newspapers are reporting that a reunion is likely if axl looseliply, none or less wouldn't deny it with words. But that is not the case. A reunion will not happen, look at the post jarmo made. Axl gave an interview none or less a few weeks ago.

People just make shit up based on nothing but wishfull thinking. You shouldn't even call it a rumour.

I suggest every so called "rumour" on here should be called "wishfull thinking" Then it would be actually a right rumour.

And insiders my ass.

The only insiders are Merck, axl and de bandmembers.

well news papers are actually reporting it....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: