Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 05:01:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album  (Read 57320 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2006, 02:40:03 PM »

Gimme a fucking break. Rampant speculation by the insiders?? Before you ramble on anymore, show proof and sources. The only "rampant speculation" taking place is in a couple threads here. Dont give this 'some guy who knows Weiland' bullshit. Name some of these insiders, and how you would know the insiders are speculating when the insiders aren't saying shit? If you cant produce that, then this thread should be locked.

Ian Astbury & Ross Halfin are planted firmly, smack dab in the middle of the industry.

You cant seriously believe what Ross said when he has said stuff in the past about gnr that turned out to be false. He just posts whatever he hears no matter if its true or not.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2006, 02:40:51 PM »

Do you really believe that? You think Matt would blow a miniscule chance at being involved in a GNR reunion by running his mouth about it? If he talked to Ian about a Cult tour, he just told him he had prior commitments. Matt's not gonna leak info about a GNR reunion. He isnt that stupid.

You SURE he isn't that stupid?  I mean, it IS Matt we're talking about....? ?rofl

I kid...I kid...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2006, 02:41:30 PM »

Some of you take some this too seriously, and go straight to an argumentative stance. ?It's kind of weird. ?I would just say this, and then I think I'm done getting pelted for speculating: ?all we have right now are rumours, and no one has said anything more or less. ? There are many possibilities, and it's fairly exciting IMHO, at the least I am hoping we get the CD and some live shows this year. ?At least one of the two happening, in whatever form, seems like it is most likely is going to happen. ?Things sure seem much brighter than they did during 2005.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2006, 02:44:42 PM »

In my college rock history course, our teacher, who run's a nationally syndicated rock show (or contributes to) for NPR, told us that whenever you hear of solo efforts by bandmembers, the rule of thumb is:  the band is on major hiatus or done.  Well, it looks like Weiland is working on a solo album and movie, Sorum is working on a side album, and news regarding the VR follow-up is drying up.  If Come on, Come in was any indication (pretty generic, bad song), they may not be creating well together at this point.

In addition, reading certain forums, speculation among insiders is that baby steps are beginning to be taken towards the long awaited reunion.  It is all wild speculation at this point, but people in the know are starting to drop hints that there is indeed something in the works.  Take it for what it is worth, and keep in mind there is a long road ahead, and many steps to be taken before they pull this off.  Also, there are many friends of both camps in the profession (Steven Tyler, etc) that really would love and push for the band to make up.

2+2=5.

and

"Insiders"

and

"Take it for what it's worth"

=

Bullshit du jour.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

Minneapolisnewsman, you post things like i know this guy that knows weiland and insinuate that you have other inside sources when you really don't. Of course people are gonna heavily question you about producing sources.

neilh666
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2006, 02:47:59 PM »

I think its highly likley that Ian would have rung Matt at some point this last month when the Cult announced they we doing some shows. ?That's a far more likely source for Ian's info. ?If they are genuinely friends Matt may have let him in on the gossip hence Iain prefixing it as a rumour.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2006, 02:51:41 PM »

Nice post THELONIOUS PUNK

everything else about him is unpredictable.

It doesn't seem to me that unpredictable.  Smiley

I really doubt a reunion is likely and I don't buy the "many factors' line. Besides all the other comments that have been made, a reunion would upstage the new GNR's forthcoming album, and why would Axl want to do that after such a long wait? And second, a reunion would leave Tommy, Robin, Richard, and the rest out in the cold. It is hard to imagine that Axl would do that after saying they were the best band he has played with.

IMO If Axl were ever to consider a reunion with old friends that would be to finalize the CD promotion and the new band. And/Or to help sanctuary, maybe. I mean he's the leader of the fucking band. He made the band from scratch and a scrunch.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2006, 02:52:08 PM »

I love how Ross Halfin's name get's dragged thru the mud, when he is a known industry insider (probably the top Rock photog in the business), but you kneel and piss yourselves at the feet of a mysterious message board poster named "Mysteron" who might, maybe, be kind of connected to Sanctuaries UK office.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2006, 02:52:39 PM »

no one has said anything more or less.
If you had said this in the first post, it wouldnt have turned into a six page thread. The title of this thread gives new meaning to the term 'false advertising'. It wasn't a bunch of insiders speculating, it was YOU speculating. Nothing wrong with fan speculation, but call it that and dont claim something that just isn't true. When I first woke up and seen this thread, and seen how much activity was going on, I actually thought some insiders might have leaked some information. Of course, nothing like that happened. Its pure rehash from the download festival thread.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »

I think its highly likley that Ian would have rung Matt at some point this last month when the Cult announced they we doing some shows. ?That's a far more likely source for Ian's info. ?If they are genuinely friends Matt may have let him in on the gossip hence Iain prefixing it as a rumour.

Highly Likely? Based on what?

See, that's the point. ?Based on speculation doesn't make it highly likely. ?

It's a possibility, but, given the information we have, no more likely than the alternate possibility (and, actually, IMHO, quite a bit less likely...since, if it were from Matt, I'm assuming it would have been said in confidence, all things considered, and I doubt Ian would betray that confidence on a message board...but again,that's speculation) that he's just making an off the cuff comment based on the same things we've heard/read.

Together again,
SADIS
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2006, 02:53:05 PM »

Mysteron

I asked it twice in different posts. Please tell us what you know about this reunion talk cause it's getting out of hand...... since you should be able to simply put down this rumour if it ain't true.

So, for the last time; true or false?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2006, 02:56:21 PM »

Yes that is Ian posting on the Cult forum. He was careful to say "rumor". He has had contact with Matt but for whatever reason Matt wont be playing, or so it seems, since they are auditioning other drummers now.

I didnt post the link originally as evidence that a re-union is happening. I just have to wonder why Ian would even mention it if it was complete bullshit.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2006, 02:56:26 PM »

Mysteron

I asked it twice in different posts. Please tell us what you know about this reunion talk cause it's getting out of hand...... since you should be able to simply put down this rumour if it ain't true.

Mysteron hasn't logged onto the board since Jan 25th.... ?I don't think you're going to get much out of him. Smiley ?Probably away on Holiday or something....

Together again,
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2006, 02:58:04 PM »

Mysteron hasn't logged onto the board since Jan 25th.... ?I don't think you're going to get much out of him. Smiley ?Probably away on Holiday or something....

Rumor has it he is auditioning to replace Matt Sorum as The Cults drummer hihi

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2006, 03:00:21 PM »

Rumor has it he is auditioning to replace Matt Sorum as The Cults drummer hihi
Rumor?? are you kidding? Its a fact. All the insiders have been speculating about it. hihi

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2006, 03:01:26 PM »

Mysteron

I'm here, but not responding to this rumour

I'd suggest asking one of the VR camp about it. They'll point you in the right direction
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2006, 03:02:22 PM »

Yes that is Ian posting on the Cult forum. He was careful to say "rumor". He has had contact with Matt but for whatever reason Matt wont be playing, or so it seems, since they are auditioning other drummers now.

I didnt post the link originally as evidence that a re-union is happening. I just have to wonder why Ian would even mention it if it was complete bullshit.

He was shooting the shit and mentioned a rumor he heard, maybe? ?Knowing what I know about Ian, I just can't even fathom that he would say it if it was part of a conversation with Matt. ?He'd know it was on the QT, if that were the case, and I don't think he'd break that confidence. ?Just MHO, of course. ?

And I doubt he had any inkling of the shitstorm that one phrase would cause. Smiley

Poor Ian!

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2006, 03:03:12 PM »

Mysteron

I'd suggest asking one of the VR camp about it. They'll point you in the right direction

LOL......
That just opened the door to wild speculation
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2006, 03:04:09 PM »

[

HA! Your profile said you hadn't been active since Jan! You big stealthy hider!

Smiley

Are you saying the rumor started somewhere in the VR camp? ?Interesting......

Any suggestions on who one might want to contact in the VR camp, specifically?  I'm assuming NOT the band members...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 03:05:56 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
SADIS
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2006, 03:05:41 PM »

Mysteron

I don't wanna be an ass but you can shoot this one down very easy and quickly....and yet you don't. So either you don't know shit or something is going on.....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: