Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 05:16:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album  (Read 57329 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2006, 01:59:01 PM »

I'm dying to see how this all unfolds. what time is the download announcement tommorrow?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2006, 01:59:35 PM »

Gimme a fucking break. Rampant speculation by the insiders?? Before you ramble on anymore, show proof and sources. The only "rampant speculation" taking place is in a couple threads here. Dont give this 'some guy who knows Weiland' bullshit. Name some of these insiders, and how you would know the insiders are speculating when the insiders aren't saying shit? If you cant produce that, then this thread should be locked.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2006, 02:01:04 PM »

Thanks for the info re: CC Pilferk. Sometimes my "friends" over there like to give me a hard time because they know I love GN'R- but I'm pretty sure the description I gave was accurate as of 2003 or so- but perhaps a lot of that has changed with the reorganization. That being said... as you so well described... CC, and anyone else for that matter will look at the bottom line... and the bottom line for new GN'R remains very weak... not even a new album could revive them UNLESS it's KICK A$$- and sometimes it takes the public months/years (see AFD) to determine that. Axl would not be looking at enticing venues if he were to launch a US tour with the new band.

Maybe Axl's given up touring in the US (something I've advised for several years even though I'm American). The man is loved internationally....

Axl would have a tough time in arenas in the US without the original line-up.  I think it is nothing about the music or the new guy's, but more about how Axl handled the last tour, and the MTV thing.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2006, 02:01:39 PM »

You can't?
Naa. Not as late as Wednesday, 25 January 2006.  I hear merck is an insider without "   ".

There have not been, outside of this board, rumors like this in the past nine years.

I'm not sure about now but there were. Roll Eyes

Besides, haven't you been turning the same phrase for ages?
I've seen your posts about the reunion rumours you heard.
madagas
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2006, 02:03:11 PM »

Maoaxl, clear channel's concert division is now called Live Nation-fyi
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2006, 02:03:29 PM »

Gimme a fucking break. Rampant speculation by the insiders?? Before you ramble on anymore, show proof and sources. The only "rampant speculation" taking place is in a couple threads here. Dont give this 'some guy who knows Weiland' bullshit. Name some of these insiders, and how you would know the insiders are speculating when the insiders aren't saying shit? If you cant produce that, then this thread should be locked.

Ian Astbury & Ross Halfin are planted firmly, smack dab in the middle of the industry.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2006, 02:05:14 PM »

You can't?
Naa. Not as late as Wednesday, 25 January 2006.? I hear merck is an insider without "? ?".

There have not been, outside of this board, rumors like this in the past nine years.

I'm not sure about now but there were. Roll Eyes

Besides, haven't you been turning the same phrase for ages?
I've seen your posts about the reunion rumours you heard.

I've just said, in the past, that it is a logical conclusion and never posted a date.  Moreover, I have know for quite some time that Axl and Izzy still had conversations.  Nothing dramatic, like now with singers and rock photographers stating that it might happen. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2006, 02:07:33 PM »

Thanks for the info re: CC Pilferk. Sometimes my "friends" over there like to give me a hard time because they know I love GN'R- but I'm pretty sure the description I gave was accurate as of 2003 or so- but perhaps a lot of that has changed with the reorganization. That being said... as you so well described... CC, and anyone else for that matter will look at the bottom line... and the bottom line for new GN'R remains very weak... not even a new album could revive them UNLESS it's KICK A$$- and sometimes it takes the public months/years (see AFD) to determine that. Axl would not be looking at enticing venues if he were to launch a US tour with the new band.

Maybe Axl's given up touring in the US (something I've advised for several years even though I'm American). The man is loved internationally....

In '03, it was absolutely accurate (especially early into '03, just after the tour failed in Dec '02). ?GnR probably couldn't have paid CC to promote them. ?But things change...conflicts are resolved...and, in this case, leadership changes (as did most of the concert unit with the spin off). ?That's not to say there isn't some remaining bitterness...but nothing that CC wouldn't work out or ignore if there was a pile of cash to be made. ?That's just the way CC is.....everything is forgiven if there is enough $$ in the pile. ?Not sure if that's as true on Axl's side.

And yes..the bottom line IS weak at this point...they'd be doing theaters for sure. ?But I don't think it would take years or months for CD to gain momentum. ?The GnR name, alone, would buy it some consideration for play lists, etc, and consideration for shelf space (not to mention purchase) out in the marketplace. ?I DO think Axl will start abroad and come BACK to the US. ?That'll give the album time to generate buzz and build the band momentum for a US tour...assuming it's good.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2006, 02:09:10 PM »

Last time I checked, Ian Astbury wasn't an insider. Ross Halfin didnt offer up 'rampant speculation'. It was one sentence. If thats what you consider rampant speculation, then you should delete the first post in the thread, or edit out the parts where you state there's all this insider speculation going on. That's clearly a false statement.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2006, 02:11:17 PM »

like now with singers and rock photographers stating that it might happen.

What singers and what rock photographers STATE anything now? Or am I missing something? Huh
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2006, 02:18:08 PM »

Pilferk, Kujo just posted it. It apparently was confirmed that the poster was Ian.Now, granted it could be bullshit. Falcon??? It is the Cult's official site. Undecided

http://thecult.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=196&highlight=

It was indeed Ian, no bullshit.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2006, 02:18:59 PM »

Ian Astbury & Ross Halfin are planted firmly, smack dab in the middle of the industry.

Ian said it was a rumor. ?I'm not sure he would have phrased it as such if he had some sort of actual confirmation from Matt. ?In any event, we don't know the "source" of his statment...could be the same "sources" we're already talking about. ?We'll have to wait and see if he responds to the request for more info.

Halfin has been wrong at least once in the past. ?In addition, he was PISSED OFF after the last round of emails he got from GnR fans about CD being finished. ?Industry stalwart or not, his credibility is suspect, to say the least. ?Not to mention...he could just be having a go at the GnR fans who burned him (or rather, his email) before. ?Or not. ?But we do know he pulled the statement down pretty quick, for one reason or another.

Together again,
madagas
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2006, 02:20:55 PM »

Maoaxl, first of all, I don't think anything will happen. However, I do think it is just as likely that Slash could come in for some studio work and small tour/a few appearances with Axl as it is for a full blown reunion. If we have been shown one thing with Mr Rose, it is ANYTHING is possible. Outside of his one predictable trait-not releasing music!-everything else about him is unpredictable. I think Slash would be great as a role player-just coming in for some solo's. Plus, it would make the album more marketable if he was involved-even in the smallest manner. peace
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2006, 02:23:57 PM »

Ian said it was a rumor. ?I'm not sure he would have phrased it as such if he had some sort of actual confirmation from Matt. ?In any event, we don't know the "source" of his statment...could be the same "sources" we're already talking about. ?We'll have to wait and see if he responds to the request for more info.

I don't expect Ian to answer any more "general" questions, none regarding any off hand Slash/Axl comment.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2006, 02:25:31 PM »

outsider speculation:

Axl is hanging at his favourite Vegas strip club with Izzy.
Slash & Duff are writing songs for the next VR album.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2006, 02:28:04 PM »

Dude you had no idea about the Ian Astbury post until an hour or so ago so don't use that as your source.

And Halfin is far from hugely credible. He said he hasn't talked to Axl in ages when his first GnR "news" popped up months ago. And his current brainstorm only lasted a day on his site before he removed it.

Who's this "guy" that knows weiland?

neilh666
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2006, 02:31:09 PM »

Last time I checked, Ian Astbury wasn't an insider.

Obviously this scenario would never happen

Matts phone rings..

Matt: ?Hi Matt here

Ian: Hi Matt its Ian Astbury

Matt: Hi Ian

Ian: Matt - me and and Billy are taking the Cult on the road do you fancy playing the drums for us.

Matt: ?I would love to but I might be playing with GnR, Slash is talking to Axl this week, and if that doesn't happen then we will probably record a Velvet Revolver album when Scott can fit it in. So thanks for asking but I can't really commit this summer.

Based on (the real) Ian's quote we can assume a conversation along these lines probably took place. ?But that isn't insider knowledge... obviously... smoking
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 02:33:36 PM by neilh666 » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2006, 02:31:49 PM »

I don't expect Ian to answer any more "general" questions, none regarding any off hand Slash/Axl comment.

I don't expect him to, either.

But unless he does....we'll never really know what the "source" of that comment is...which means we don't know, really, how credible it is. ?He could very well be talking off the cuff, having heard the same sorts of stuff we're hearing, rather than having heard anything from Matt.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2006, 02:35:08 PM »

Matts phone rings..

Ian: Matt - me and and Billy are taking the Cult on the road do you fancy playing the drums for us.

Matt: ?I would love to but I might be playing with GnR, Slash is talking to Axl this week, and if that doesn't happen then we will probably record a Velvet Revolver album when Scott can fit it. So thanks for asking but I can't really commit this summer.

Based on (the real) Ian's quote we can assume a conversation along these lines took place. ?But that isn't insider knowledge... obviously... smoking

No, actually, we can't.  That MIGHT be what happened.  What MIGHT also have happened is Ian heard the same stuff we've been hearing/reading and made the comment off the cuff based on that.

It's just as likely as your above "conversation".

If the above conversation had taken place, I would ASSUME that maybe he wouldn't call the reunion a rumor.  But again, you know what they say about assumptions.....

Together again,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »

Last time I checked, Ian Astbury wasn't an insider.

Matts phone rings..

Matt: ?I would love to but I might be playing with GnR, Slash is talking to Axl this week, and if that doesn't happen then we will probably record a Velvet Revolver album when Scott can fit it in. So thanks for asking but I can't really commit this summer.

Based on (the real) Ian's quote we can assume a conversation along these lines probably took place. ?But that isn't insider knowledge... obviously... smoking

Do you really believe that? You think Matt would blow a miniscule chance at being involved in a GNR reunion by running his mouth about it? If he talked to Ian about a Cult tour, he just told him he had prior commitments. Matt's not gonna leak info about a GNR reunion. He isnt that stupid.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: