Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:04:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland VS Sebastian Bach
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland VS Sebastian Bach  (Read 11261 times)
head-off elephant
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: February 07, 2006, 06:28:24 PM »

As Seb was in the running for the job, would VR have been better or worse with bach up front  Grin

*discuss*
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 06:48:20 PM »

I think if they made a straight-up aggresive hard rock record in the vein of GN'R's and Skid Row's heavier tunes, or even like Trouble on Duff's Believe In Me album, I think that Baz would've made a perfect fit with the band.

And with Baz's pipes they could've easily been belting out other GN'R classics apart from Brownstone and Its So Easy. Whereas Scott kinda limits them there.
For example, has anyone heard Bach singing Paradise City with Camp Freddy? I think he even gives Axl a run for his money there!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
head-off elephant
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 06:59:45 PM »

Ive seen bach twice in the last 12 months, and boy does he still rock.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 07:29:40 PM »

I don't want a Guns N' Roses - Axl + Bach, I want something new. Bach would've given them a cover band persona whereas Scott takes them in a new direction.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 07:42:26 PM »

To me, Scott made them more of an alternative rock band, which is not necessarily a bad thing, and Baz would've taken them down a more hair-metal path.

I still think Baz would've made a great VR frontman, it just would've been different.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 08:27:15 PM »

Bach is cool and all but it would have been a complete joke to have him frontthis band.. Scott is kicking ass and taking names........

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 08:35:12 PM »

I've never understood why us fans can't have both. VR is great & it's cool to have my GNR guys still making new, interesting music. But, I don't understand why they can't hook up with Bach once in awhile & play GNR show. Not like whole tours or anything, but just a festival or a show at some LA club or something. That would rule, as Bach kind of is the standard for hard rock vocalists, just don't let him write the songs.  peace

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 11:28:47 PM »

I like Scott better than Bach.

Fuck 'Em All.
badapple81
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 08:23:52 AM »

To me, Scott made them more of an alternative rock band, which is not necessarily a bad thing, and Baz would've taken them down a more hair-metal path.

I still think Baz would've made a great VR frontman, it just would've been different.

Yes I agree both of them would have taken the music in totally different directions.

I prefer Bach to Scott personally. It would have been interesting to hear how the music sounded should Bach have joined. I am only a fan of a few VR tracks, generally the faster temp killer riff songs like Sucker Train Blues, Do It For The Kids and Dirty Little Thing. I hear Scott's influence in songs like Spectacle, Superhuman, Illegal i Song etc. and am not really a fan. In saying that, I think those songs are still a bar above most stuff the Stone Temple Pilots did. VR is an interesting morph between the Slash, Duff & Matt and then Scott's influences.
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 12:28:14 PM »

I was never Scott's greatest fan,  yet, I'd take Scott over Bach any time.
Bach is kinda  like Adler in a way.
Apparently,   he likes to party and have sex with teens after shows and I don't think they wanted that.
After all, he is their friend and there has to be a reason they didn't take him.
I think they were looking for someone more mature who could writte songs about something serious.
Remember,   non of our trio wasn't in the band before with crappy lyrics and I doubt they wanted that now.
Plus,   now after a year and a half,  I can say that CONTRABAND grew on me.
After first 6 months,  I kinda like it ok
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 12:54:48 PM »

I think Bach, Skid Row and most "hair metal" bands are looked upon as jokes by most people.  Only a few bands got out of that era with a halfway decent rep (GNR of course, maybe Crue?).  I think it would have been a big mistake for them to go in that direction.  Its like when I see ads promoting a Warrant, Ratt, Cinderella tour...it just makes me laugh my ass off.

I hate to think Slash and Duff would do this, but I really believe it was more of a marketing decision then a music decision.  They looked at Audio Slave and saw a bunch of talented musicians with a well known singer from a pretty popular band (when they were big at least) and the success they had and said "lets do the same".  Sadly, Audioslave is MUCH better then VR.

THEY SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH JOSH TODD!!! Sad

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 03:46:18 PM »

I don't think you could've realistically wanted much better than Scott and Contraband. Scott seemed to capture instant respect from the band, something Bach probably didn't. Contraband may not stand up to 70s-80s rock like Aerosmith, Van Halen, Crue, GN'R, but compared to today it's unusually solid.

GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 04:04:07 PM »

I think Bach, Skid Row and most "hair metal" bands are looked upon as jokes by most people.? Only a few bands got out of that era with a halfway decent rep (GNR of course, maybe Crue?).? I think it would have been a big mistake for them to go in that direction.? Its like when I see ads promoting a Warrant, Ratt, Cinderella tour...it just makes me laugh my ass off.

I hate to think Slash and Duff would do this, but I really believe it was more of a marketing decision then a music decision.? They looked at Audio Slave and saw a bunch of talented musicians with a well known singer from a pretty popular band (when they were big at least) and the success they had and said "lets do the same".? Sadly, Audioslave is MUCH better then VR.

THEY SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH JOSH TODD!!! Sad

Well actually,  there was an discussion here before when someone mentioned Motleys being huge like GNR...
Not that it matters,  though,  the person who said that Motleys were unheard of outside USA was very right.
Sure people heard the name,  though,  songs and videos got very little to non airplay in Europe.
Tommy Lee got far more attention due to escapades with Pamela Anderson and H.  Locklear... Smiley
Biggest US bands in Europe in the 90's were GNR,  Nirvana,  Smashing Pumpkins,  Metallica,  Soundgarden and Aerosmith.
The rest were relativly unheard off.
HellRevisited
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 06:49:27 PM »

I agree with their choice of Scott being a marketing decision(but hey,it did work)
& about Bach,Duff said in an interview that they sounded like Skid Row when Bas was singing.He does have an extremely recognizable voice.
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 02:29:15 PM »

When I heard they were thinking of Weiland and Bach, I'll admit I wanted Bach

Obviously, the band members heard something we didn't and chose Scott for whatever reason.

As they said, we didn't want to sound like Skid Row.

Can't argue with the end result.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 06:53:15 PM »

Bach would have been heavier and more rocking!!!  peace
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 07:38:41 PM »

As they said, we didn't want to sound like Skid Row.

They obviously much preferred to sound like STP instead... hihi

moreblack
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 03:57:14 AM »

actually they like to sound more like VR from what I've heard.

Scott Weiland: "Man, I won't steer clear of shit. If I won't steer clear of wearing a fucking Nazi uniform coming into Europe, you think I'm going to steer clear of 'Fall to Pieces at Ozzfest?"
SourBaby
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 10:28:11 AM »

Bach sucks.... Plus Scott was my childhood hero (one of them)

"You Can Use Your Illusion Let it take you where it may, we live and learn but then sometimes it's best to walk away"
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 03:15:46 PM »

I don't think VR would still exist if Bach was the singer. His personality seems too wild for the other band guys to deal with. Reminds them, of Axl, maybe? Scott seems like the right personality to keep them going and keep them respected without getting into some war of words with Axl or the Crue like Bach probably would've gotten them into.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: