Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:17:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Met a band member? Post your story here
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Met a band member? Post your story here  (Read 8748 times)
Lesa
Headliner

« on: February 01, 2004, 03:00:51 AM »

Has any one ever met any one in Guns N Roses ?

Old or new line up .

I was able to meet Axl Rose back in 1991 .  

Can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 04:17:15 AM »

tell us about it!

i never have and i guess i never will... being at the oslo gig in 93 is the closest i got, unless i'll be closer to the stage at the lisbon gig... Tongue

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 08:18:15 PM »

has anyone here ever met axl. As much as i would love to, it strikes me as though under any gn'r situation he can be a real asshole, but meet him when he is just going about his day to day life he is cool. this is only from people i have spoken to or heard about that meet him.
if u have met him can u tell us what he was like, and what circumstances u met him under.
i was hopeful in 2002 when i spoke to someone that deals with gnr booking agent in the uk that i know, but he said the demand to get near axl is so high it was impossible, all i wanted was live like a suicide autographed, but apparently it was gonna cause a lot of hassle.
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 08:23:06 PM »

I would really like to meet him too
I have so many questins to ask..... rofl

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 09:38:14 PM »

Madison did met him on 2002! She?s an administrator of mygnr.com, and posts here sometimes.

All I remember is that she says he told her that "Catcher in The Rye" may be the third single. He also revealed to her the name of the first single, but she says that won?t pass this information to anyone until that previously not ever mentioned name appears somewhere.

I also have a friend that used to work for Universal, and met Axl Rose on RIRIII backstage. This friend gave the AFD booklet folded, so Axl could sign it on page 10 (the one with a good white space to someone autograph it) without seeing page 11, where we can find a pic of the old band.

When he handed it to Axl, the first thing Mr.Rose did was to unfold the booklet, take a very angry faced look at that photo, then at my friend (who thought for an instant that would be killed right there) and some seconds after... signed it quickly and gave back to him.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 09:43:08 PM »

I also have a friend that used to work for Universal, and met Axl Rose on RIRIII backstage. This friend gave the AFD booklet folded, so Axl could sign it on page 10 (the one with a good white space to someone autograph it) without seeing page 11, where we can find a pic of the old band.

When he handed it to Axl, the first thing Mr.Rose did was to unfold the booklet, take a very angry faced look at that photo, then at my friend (who thought for an instant that would be killed right there) and some seconds after... signed it quickly and gave back to him.

He He your friend must have shaked from terror when Axl saw that photo.I would have asked for apologise quickly fearing the he would make his big-fat bodyguard kick my fucking ass!!!! hihi

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
kockstar99
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 11:18:14 PM »

she says that won?t pass this information to anyone until that previously not ever mentioned name appears somewhere.

hahaha sure!!!! thats rich... i dont belive that shit for one second... maybe she met him but for her to say that he told her something but she wont tell anyone is crazy... if it was some big ass secret why would Axl tell some big eyed fan??? she doesnt have any idea...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 02:49:13 AM »

Well my teenage girlfriend in the 90's. She was with a lot of friends (not a big mass) waiting for guns to arrive at the airport in norway. The members rolled the limosine window down said hello, gave hugs etc

who they wanted was axl:

What maybe was him was a car window 1\4 down and a hand with the middle finger in the air (thats nice) then the window rolled up and the car drived off.

The female fans told the papers axl was a fuck but was still pleased.

My (x) girl thought i was veeery jealous Roll Eyes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Rounder
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 05:25:34 AM »

I met Axl as I posted several months ago.  He was in a bar named "Rock Inn" in Iwakuni, Japan.

It is a small rock bar near a U.S. military base.  He seemed very friendly. I remember him drinking a couple of shot of Jagermeister.
kockstar99
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 08:03:48 AM »

I met Axl as I posted several months ago.  He was in a bar named "Rock Inn" in Iwakuni, Japan.

It is a small rock bar near a U.S. military base.  He seemed very friendly. I remember him drinking a couple of shot of Jagermeister.

are you serious?? near the MCAS??? near hiroshima?? thats prob why he was there... to visit Hiroshima..
What year was that??
Did you talk to him???
Annie
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 09:21:57 AM »

i visited hiroshima back in 1990 and it was one of the most profoundly spiritual experiences  i have ever had. i mean the way the enitire city has been rebuilt makes you really believe in God. i felt so much love from the japanese people i saw in the Peace park for having the courage to go there.  My greatest dream is to meet axl Rose and tell him to his face that he is a total babe and an absolute genius! Wink love
Christine
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 09:40:27 AM »

Embarrassed
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 12:04:43 PM by Christine » Logged

HMMMMM
FrancisFarmer
Headliner

Stay like Francis Farmer, but only her first part of life!

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2004, 06:37:58 PM »

He does however have a bit of a bad temper at times when you piss him off.  Which I am sure is normal for most.

All in all I think he is a complicated but wonderful guy.    

That was also my experience when I spoke with him. But that was my own fault.  rofl   nervous  rofl

Francis Farmer
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2004, 11:30:20 PM »

uh, can some of you people give more details?
kockstar99
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2004, 02:58:31 AM »

That was also my experience when I spoke with him. But that was my own fault.  rofl   nervous  rofl

Francis Farmer

Id love to hear this story... What did you do???
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2004, 08:36:03 AM »

Francis Farmer

Id love to hear this story... What did you do???

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=4147;start=msg71208#msg71208

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2004, 11:32:03 AM »

I'd love to meet him, simply because there's so much shit been spoken about him over the years, and I'd like to see what the man himself is actually like. I reckon he's probably an okay guy, and it's just the press that's made him out to be some kind of monster in order to sell a few more copies of their newspapers and magazines.

Anyway, I'd tell him that Madagascar's the best song he's ever done, and tell him to keep pressing on with Chinese Democracy and ignore all the whingers who want him to get together with Slash and the others. I mean, they have their band, he has his band, and neither of them would be happy in the same band... and we want all of 'em to be happy, right?

SG
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 09:17:49 AM »

This is a post I have often thought about putting on here but have never got round too because it is such a sore point for me.

I had the major honour of meeting Axl in 1993 after their concert in Milton Keynes and he let me have a photo taken with him, not because I was more special than anyone else it was just that I had a friend who worked on the security and managed to get backstage. This photo obviously was gonna be treasured forever, however I got attacked by a bunch of gay rights campaigners outside the venue who were there protesting against GnR and especially Axl. A friend of mine decided to start abusing them and two of them set upon him and me. My mate was okay but seeing as I was only 17 at the time I didnt get off so lightly and got a good fucking kicking. This was bad but the fact that they smashed my camera up and I lost the one photo that I pretty much ever wanted. I know that people will think why the fuck has he put this up on here today, its just that I was looking at my scar from that night this morning and I was wandering if I would ever get a chance to meet Axl again. Which led me on to my question about whether any of you lot have met Axl and if so what was he like because he was so nice and polite even though he was only stood there for about 30 seconds to a minute.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 03:17:47 PM »

Why would gay rights activist kick your ass? That doesnt sound like the ones you see on TV

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2004, 04:27:26 AM »

You tell me! I was only 17 I didnt really think about whether they were mild mannered or nutters. As I posted previously the dude who I was with started abusing them and it went from there! I guess whoever you are in life if you start getting called a fucking faggot and wanker then it may test your resolve. Needless to say this bloke wasnt much of a friend after that episode

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: