Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:22:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Met a band member? Post your story here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Met a band member? Post your story here  (Read 7993 times)
head-off elephant
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2006, 07:30:28 PM »

I met Slash at the freddie mercury tribute concert at wembley, and duff during his solo uk tour (believe in me)

Both were V cool  Grin
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2006, 08:34:06 PM »

- I met Izzy, very cool.
- I discussed with Gilby by e-mail, very cool.
- I discussed with Richard Fortus by e-mail, very cool.

They were all nice. peace

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2006, 09:22:28 PM »

- I met Izzy, very cool.
- I discussed with Gilby by e-mail, very cool.
- I discussed with Richard Fortus by e-mail, very cool.

They were all nice. peace
You're not gonna tell us all about that thrilling lunch you had with Buckethead? hihi

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2006, 09:23:39 PM »

You're not gonna tell us all about that thrilling lunch you had with Buckethead? hihi

No, because he had lunch with Herbie...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2006, 12:15:44 AM »

To date, I had met basically the entire origional lineup back in 87 at The Sundance show on LI, when I was 17, sinc ethen Ive met richard bout 3 times(will hang out again weds night at don hills), dizzy, 3 times, tommy 2 times. All great guys, and it helps I live in NYC and these guys frequently come and play at clubs.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2006, 12:20:48 AM »

I met Duff at the 2nd VR show in Sydney. Seems pretty cool. Very fuckin skinny

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2006, 02:25:30 AM »

met slash in the early 90's at cbgbs.. He was just hanging out drinking at the bar and I was at the bar too.. I was pretty fucking drunk by the time I realised he was there.... Quite the mob around him, but he was real down to earth and fit in quite nicely, plus the place was dark.. Said a few words saying how much I loved his playing since he was sitting right near me,, As I said earlier though I was smashed so I didn't talk to him the way I would have sober, I could barely keep my head up.. He was dressed pretty basic like a regular dude, denim jacket, converse sneakers and blue jeans...
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2006, 10:12:54 AM »

I got in line behind Robin Finck at Starbucks in the Hard Rock Hotel the morning after GNR's first performance there in 2001. Luckily I was carrying my ticket stub in my wallet, and he signed it for me.
william
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2006, 10:22:22 AM »

I was fortunate enough to meet Tommy 2X. Met him at the Bowery Ballroom when he opened for Jesse Malin. He was hanging out at the bar upstairs with a friend and i approached him, introduced myself, shook his hand and told him I was looking forward to the show, dropped that I was a huge GNR fan and was floored by the 12/05/02 gig at MSG. He was very appreciative, I told him I was chomping at the bit for the new GNR record, his repost was nothing written in stone but look for it around the fall of 2004 (obviously this never came to fruition). Introduced him to my fiance, then told him i appreciated him taking the time to talk w/me but i know your busy so i'll let you go, play a great show. My fiance actually shot the shit w/him for about 15 minutes after the show at the downstairs bar (he was just hanging out talking to the peeps). My fiance is more a fan of old school punk and new wave. She mentioned to Tommy the large amount of money I paid for 1st row tickets to the MSG show and his repost was he felt bad that a true GNR fan had to pay so much for 1st row tickets. Second time we (my fiance and I) met Tommy was at the Mercury Lounge in NYC when he played w/ACS. Had a cocktail at the bar w/him but couldnt really shoot the shit as there were so many people interupting to say hello to him. He was kind enough though to take a picture w/Jennifer. ****Met Dizzy Reed when he performed at The Kings Club on Long Island w/Hookers & Blow. He was a flipping trip. I caught him as he entered the club (which was practically empty--it was a late show on a weeknight). Intoduced myself & Jennifer. Asked him how the band was doing. He was pulled away to do an interview. When he returned, he went strait to the bar. Jennifer, I & a female assistant of his (i forget her name, but a cool bird nonetheless) started drinking and just talked music and shot the shit. Great show BTW, they did a cover of Cheap Trick's "Surrender" that was ace. Dizzy was very cool, was in very good spirits considering he had told me they had just driven to Long Island from MA.***Was very fortunate to meet Richard at CBGB's when he performed w/"Pisser". Caught him as he walked in and introduced myself (very short guy BTW). Let him be as he just arrived and obviously had to prepare for the show. Saw him hanging alone backstage, had to use the mens room anyway so I figured on my way to the mens room, I would have to pass him anyway. Re-Introduced myself, mentioned that i was at the MSG gig and told him i saw him w/the Furs late 90's at Jones Beach when the Furs opened for the B52's and the GoGo's. Mentioned to him that we had a mutual friend (Jazjme). Wished him a good show then let him be. Didnt berade him w/GNR ?'s ala when is the record dropping. I did mention I was a huge fan, his repost was when the record comes out, it will be worth the wait. That was good enough for me. Great show BTW. Jaz took some great shots which can be seen on thenewguns.com ***Met Gilby when he played The Downtown in Farmingdale, NY (LI) briefly. He was setting up and I introduced myself, told him i was a big fan and was looking forward to the show. He was very busy at the time so I thanked him for taking the time to shake my hand and talk w/me for a minute. He in turn thanked me. Pretty good show, i didnt like the fact that the drummer of his band said some disparaging remarks between songs about Axl. Gilby in turn made it clear that he like's Axl.***Hope to meet the rest of the band obviously (new GNR members preferably, would love to shoot the shit w/Robin & Chris)*** ?
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2006, 11:24:40 AM »

I know Jarmo. Does that count? Tongue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2006, 12:04:06 PM »

No, especially since you never met me. As far as I remember.....  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2006, 12:32:18 PM »

This thread has come up many times before and I can never help but mention it. I met Axl very briefly at Milton Keynes Bowl in England in 1993. It was the shows when Izzy came back to play when Gilby was injured. As I have said before it was the most amazing moment of my life! I just wish I had been a bit older instead of a star struck 18 year old. He was so pleasant and cool though! I would love to get the chance again when they tour next!

that incident would have gutted me also - poor you.  you deserve to meet him again and get another pic for sure.

I met slash and gilby on slash's '95 snakepit tour.  ended up backstage with the band and he was super-cool, signing stuff, joking around and happy to have pics taken.  we also got let into the venue early after we left slash and the band to it before the gig and got a lovely centre front row position against the barrier and took some GREAT close-ups of slash and the guys.  gilby was really cool also.  I was 17 and meeting slash was incredible after years of loving that band waiting for them to tour in scotland....
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2006, 02:21:18 PM »

No, especially since you never met me. As far as I remember.....? Tongue

/jarmo

Awww, you say that everytime there is vodka involved Tongue
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2006, 03:05:50 PM »

Never came close to meeting anyone...and to be honest, I don't think I would want to.  If I had a bad experience it would really tarnish the music for me.  Its the same with pro athletes or movie stars.   I think MOST of the time they are never going to meet your expectations.  I "met" harrison ford once, growing up he was one of my all time favorite actors (han solo, indiana jones etc...).  But hes SUCH a huge stand offish prick in real life that it really bummed me out for a while (and so have all of his shitty movies since Air Force 1).
If I met Axl and he was a HUGE dick to me, it would really effect how much I love the music....it'd be impossible to not match the music to that experience.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Elrothiel
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2006, 11:55:37 AM »

I know what you mean HannaHat... that would be a real crushing, annihilating blow to the back of the head! Although, I have to say, everybody have dayz when they're just in a really shitty mood all day for no reason, but if I met Axl and he was a dick to me, I wouldn't let it get to me! I'd just think that either I had been incredibly annoying (which I wouldn't), or that he was just in a really shitty mood that day! Although if he started having a go at me, I'd probably tell him off! Grin I don't take crap from anyone! Not even Axl!

I can imagine it'd probably be quite a funny situation actually! hihi
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2006, 02:32:00 AM »

Axl Rose moved into my basement a few months ago. Yesterday I caught him playing checkers against himself. Right now he's watching the video for Garden Of Eden, with great enthusiasm.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2006, 02:36:50 AM »

Axl Rose moved into my basement a few months ago. Yesterday I caught him playing checkers against himself.

Who won?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2006, 02:49:01 AM »

No one beats Axl at checkers. Not even Axl.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2006, 03:41:16 AM »

I met Axl Rose back stage at RIRV and he let me listen to the first track on CD! I told the whole board, everyone flipped out.. some didn't believe but since it was coming out the next week anyways I wasn't worried.. for my proof was coming soon enough.

Then I woke up.  no

gnrevolution.com
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2006, 04:27:59 AM »

Why you gotta be lame!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: