Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:25:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shark Island singer insults Axl
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shark Island singer insults Axl  (Read 6871 times)
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 08:22:15 AM »

Many of my friends dislike guns n roses because they say axl roses voice is annoying. i really dont understand how they find such a great voice annoying when they all listen to that grunting shit like trivium and all the other wannabe bands with crappy names.

About 6/7 years ago when i was about 10, I didn't really like GNR (hadn't heard much stuff) and also because I thought Axl's voice was annoying. But if you sit and listen to an album it will change your mind.

Get your friends to sit through AFD and their opinions will definitely change.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2006, 09:19:02 AM »

who's Richard Black? and Who is Shark Island? Isn't that an exhibit in Vegas?

Shark Island were a band from LA in the 80's that never got anywhere. Axl and Traci Guns played Led Zepplins Rock N' Roll with em at least once. And prob a few more songs.

peace

I believe it was only Rock N' Roll and it was in 1985.

stilt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2006, 01:41:23 PM »

Heres the entire quote from melodirock.com:

I'm not sure if you want to comment on this - but I hope you do - but it is well known that several other artists mirrored their look and their stage antics on yours. I already mentioned what a huge reputation the band had as a live act, but the big draw card was your charismatic performance as frontman.
It seems to be a well known fact among followers of the scene at the time that Guns N Roses frontman Axl Rose would come and see you guys perform every week and 'borrowed' a lot of your moves - from your moves to even your stage rap and song delivery.
There are other examples, but Axl seems to be the best known.
Is this correct and what impact did it have upon you to see other bands getting famous off something which you more or less perfected?
You know I have always tried to avoid this topic because I never wanted to sound like a sniveling bitter victim, and I largely kept my mouth shut. But every so often however, the topic continues to rear its ugly head. But then again avoiding the subject never did any good.
Let me tell you a story; in the early days I was influenced by the pioneers of this music, but I was getting it together. I soon learned if I continued to copy them, people wouldn't take me seriously. I evolved and became my unique self. I have never systematically copied a single artist except jokingly or on Halloween.

What happened in my instance however, was quite a different story.
I was being copied all right?sometimes by down right impersonators, it was creepy.
I could see their point, they figured it was working for us, so why not them.
Regardless of how you felt about the band it was hard to ignore us. I suppose wearing nothing but an American flag or a paper jumpsuit with duct tape hasn't caught on yet, but was pretty original?a little too ahead of its time I guess.
I would wear pajamas on stage just for fun?soon there after I'd see some our friends and followers wearing pajamas.
I use to have these bike shorts that I decided to wear onstage, then it seemed bike shorts were the rage in L.A. I don't think it was a coincidence.
What I'm talking about is copying someone' essence. When art is involved, that is not cool; it's a form of plagiarism.
And I give a horse' ass about 'imitation is the best form of flattery'. I don't need to be flattered.

Many Popular bands and personalities came to see Shark Island, that's a fact, and many took elements home with them for their stage show or album covers, or wardrobe?oh well, I'm flattered?nothing that could have altered the path of my career.
But that good-for-nothing Axl Rose, he' really a piece of work for the dregs.
As far as I'm concerned he's never done anything original in his life. Him and his cronies would come every week and watch the show.
One day before GnR's debut, I went to his place?as I walked in I saw a video of me playing on his TV and on top was a stack of VHS tapes all labeled Shark Island with dates and times. I remember being mortified, it was obvious he was studying my shtick, and I knew there was nothing I could do, being their album was about to be released, and he'd cap on the press get the credit.
My many years of developing, and refining my craft and years of modern dance were up for grabs by this fool and a video camcorder.
I remember some people telling me about him acting like me, but I never worried much on a count that we were all in the same boat.
Then came Welcome To The Jungle, I though I was looking in the mirror, or the videos on Axl's TV.
You said 'borrowed' earlier well that implies a payback. What burns me up even more is in his heyday he never so much as mentioned Shark Island or Richard Black in all his press. Which, by the way, could have helped us at no cost to him; he never even threw us a bone.
Now, truth be told, I couldn't possibly care less. That's all old crap and it does me no good now, besides, I am nothing like I was back then, and I'd look like a fool to try.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2006, 04:30:48 PM »

I just laughed when I read this.

Feature Interview: Shark Island frontman Richard Black
Shark Island vocalist Richard Black breaks his long silence in this exclusive melodicrock.com interview.

And finally on Guns N Roses frontman Axl Rose: "...he' really a piece of work for the dregs. As far as I'm concerned he's never done anything original in his life."

That sounds interesting if its true.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2006, 05:02:19 PM »

Heres the entire quote from melodirock.com:

I'm not sure if you want to comment on this - but I hope you do - but it is well known that several other artists mirrored their look and their stage antics on yours. I already mentioned what a huge reputation the band had as a live act, but the big draw card was your charismatic performance as frontman.
It seems to be a well known fact among followers of the scene at the time that Guns N Roses frontman Axl Rose would come and see you guys perform every week and 'borrowed' a lot of your moves - from your moves to even your stage rap and song delivery.
There are other examples, but Axl seems to be the best known.
Is this correct and what impact did it have upon you to see other bands getting famous off something which you more or less perfected?
You know I have always tried to avoid this topic because I never wanted to sound like a sniveling bitter victim, and I largely kept my mouth shut. But every so often however, the topic continues to rear its ugly head. But then again avoiding the subject never did any good.
Let me tell you a story; in the early days I was influenced by the pioneers of this music, but I was getting it together. I soon learned if I continued to copy them, people wouldn't take me seriously. I evolved and became my unique self. I have never systematically copied a single artist except jokingly or on Halloween.

What happened in my instance however, was quite a different story.
I was being copied all right?sometimes by down right impersonators, it was creepy.
I could see their point, they figured it was working for us, so why not them.
Regardless of how you felt about the band it was hard to ignore us. I suppose wearing nothing but an American flag or a paper jumpsuit with duct tape hasn't caught on yet, but was pretty original?a little too ahead of its time I guess.
I would wear pajamas on stage just for fun?soon there after I'd see some our friends and followers wearing pajamas.
I use to have these bike shorts that I decided to wear onstage, then it seemed bike shorts were the rage in L.A. I don't think it was a coincidence.
What I'm talking about is copying someone' essence. When art is involved, that is not cool; it's a form of plagiarism.
And I give a horse' ass about 'imitation is the best form of flattery'. I don't need to be flattered.

Many Popular bands and personalities came to see Shark Island, that's a fact, and many took elements home with them for their stage show or album covers, or wardrobe?oh well, I'm flattered?nothing that could have altered the path of my career.
But that good-for-nothing Axl Rose, he' really a piece of work for the dregs.
As far as I'm concerned he's never done anything original in his life. Him and his cronies would come every week and watch the show.
One day before GnR's debut, I went to his place?as I walked in I saw a video of me playing on his TV and on top was a stack of VHS tapes all labeled Shark Island with dates and times. I remember being mortified, it was obvious he was studying my shtick, and I knew there was nothing I could do, being their album was about to be released, and he'd cap on the press get the credit.
My many years of developing, and refining my craft and years of modern dance were up for grabs by this fool and a video camcorder.
I remember some people telling me about him acting like me, but I never worried much on a count that we were all in the same boat.
Then came Welcome To The Jungle, I though I was looking in the mirror, or the videos on Axl's TV.
You said 'borrowed' earlier well that implies a payback. What burns me up even more is in his heyday he never so much as mentioned Shark Island or Richard Black in all his press. Which, by the way, could have helped us at no cost to him; he never even threw us a bone.
Now, truth be told, I couldn't possibly care less. That's all old crap and it does me no good now, besides, I am nothing like I was back then, and I'd look like a fool to try.

yeah axl stole his style, etc.....     fuckhead!!!  at least he isn`t still tryin to get back in contact with axl like traci guns...

this was a really annoying read...

what`s indeed true is that axl`s moves onstage, etc changed after '83....  there is this vid from hollywood rose i think where he?s dancing different to how he did it in gnr......

but if this guy is "the original"........ why didn`t he became popular? i guess because he was really great in what he did....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2006, 05:50:39 PM »

Shark Island were a band from LA in the 80's that never got anywhere. Axl and Traci Guns played Led Zepplins Rock N' Roll with em at least once. And prob a few more songs.

peace

Was that the only time the played together?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2006, 06:26:21 PM »

peace

peace

Yes from my knowledge...

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2006, 06:54:19 PM »

peace

peace

Yes from my knowledge...

yeah but axl watched every show they did..........................

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2006, 06:56:13 PM »

Awwwww.........Richard Black, don't be bitter cause someone did it better than you.

It does fascinate me, many years later, to see what GNR was in the years prior to the release of AFD. As a kid, I always just assumed GNR was born into the SCOM video. But to now know all the work & studying it took from the band to get that classic AFD era look & sound is quite something. And thankfully, Axl never picked up on the pajama's!

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2006, 08:30:37 PM »

.....And Slash wore a top hat like Joe Perry and smoked a cigarette onstage like Keith Richards.

..and let's not mention that especially when Appetite came out, Izzy WAS Keith Richards in every sense of the word. Even now years later, when me and my dad watch an old Gn'R concert, we still call Izzy little Keith Tongue

I doubt it's true, but even if it is, who fuckin' cares..

It's not like your gunna love Appetite any less Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2006, 10:46:40 PM »

there are people out there that just feel what axl does is fucked up... Rich poor famous or a nobody everyone is entitled to their opinion.. I doubt he's looking for publicity since no one gives a fuck either way
Except Axl sings in key. Roll Eyes

So what if Axl stole a few stage moves from this tool, the man had lyrical talent and great charisma, I think that matters more anyway.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 10:53:23 PM by Gunner80? » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2006, 02:51:13 AM »

Awwwww.........Richard Black, don't be bitter cause someone did it better than you.

It does fascinate me, many years later, to see what GNR was in the years prior to the release of AFD. As a kid, I always just assumed GNR was born into the SCOM video. But to now know all the work & studying it took from the band to get that classic AFD era look & sound is quite something. And thankfully, Axl never picked up on the pajama's!

yeah, but if that guy is claiming the bike pants he should be ashamed

sounds like some bitter whining little bitch to me

Axl was 100% original and besides it was a lot more than clothes and stage moves - he had gravitas and burning soul that can't be bought, sold or borrowed - he was the real deal no doubt

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
McDuff
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2006, 04:14:03 AM »

richard black
suck my sack
your a hack
so go back
with your lack
of musical nack

I think you have just written a hit song hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2006, 04:36:55 AM »

there are people out there that just feel what axl does is fucked up... Rich poor famous or a nobody everyone is entitled to their opinion.. I doubt he's looking for publicity since no one gives a fuck either way
Except Axl sings in key. Roll Eyes

So what if Axl stole a few stage moves from this tool, the man had lyrical talent and great charisma, I think that matters more anyway.

I wouldn't know I never even heard of that guy.. I think gnr took a lot of ideas with dress from hanoi rocks personally
Goldie
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006, 06:30:39 AM »

I always find it amusing how these "wannabes" can trash talk to some idiotic media person, but I bet they wouldn't have the balls to say it to Axl's face. So many people have trashed Axl and no one has bothered to back their shit up. Well, Axl has proven he's the best because kids are still buying his albums and no one has heard from these other people.

Axl Rocks!
Elrothiel
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006, 06:56:18 PM »

Richard Black? Who?

hihi

If I wasn't in such a good mood, I'd start yelling about this unknown asshole insulting Axl. I often start shouting at people if they insult Axl....

If they know me, they either only do it to wind me up, or not at all because they know I'll fly off the handle and most likely hit someone....  smoking ok
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2006, 08:13:54 PM »

And finally on Guns N Roses frontman Axl Rose: "...he' really a piece of work for the dregs. As far as I'm concerned he's never done anything original in his life."

Roll Eyes? ?.....? Richard Black is a simple stoner who can't be accepted by the show business to date, he just hates Axl cuz Axl does know how to kiss in the ass ALWAYS, i once heard that Richard Black used to sell his ugly body (like a gay whore) in sunset boulevard in L.A city in 1983 cuz the sucker's tried to get money n' fame since then but all he got is shit into his life these days, maybe Axl is gonna bash him on stage in front of us all someday, ... you can see this ridiculous band, i don't know what da'fuck they tried to mean when they showed this crapy picture...they look like the spice girls on drugs after having wild sex with their manager .....? hihi :

? ?http://web.onetel.net.uk/~wb198/shrkband.gif? ?    Roll Eyes   Lips Sealed     nervous    rofl

you just watch right Robert Black to notice the cocaine was travelin' around his body that time!!!!!? Undecided? they all should Thank Lord 'bout Axl is not here to read this cuz the guy might destroy richard's house sooner or later, hey Axl Rose we're all on your side mate!!!! ok .............. oh fuck!!!!!!!!!!?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 08:34:07 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2006, 08:34:52 PM »

I just laughed when I read this.

Feature Interview: Shark Island frontman Richard Black
Shark Island vocalist Richard Black breaks his long silence in this exclusive melodicrock.com interview.

Omg! Just for that i want him to die and will be burning down the US embassy - whether this guy is American or not - death to those who insult my lord Axl Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Elrothiel
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2006, 08:43:34 PM »

Izzy... I know EXACTLY how you feel! Just read my earlier post... ok
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2006, 08:45:10 PM »

Izzy... I know EXACTLY how you feel! Just read my earlier post... ok

read mine too!!! Richard must die for insultin' Axl that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: