Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:38:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Braces
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Braces  (Read 11176 times)
alexh0618
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 12:02:16 AM »

I got my braces taken off this past summer. At first, it felt like my gums were HUGE but you will get used to it after a couple days. The retainer is something you will have to get used to also. The first few days you have it in, it will be kinda hard to talk. I was told that you should only take it out when you brush yur teeth but I take mine out when I eat too. It just bugs me while i'm eating for some reason.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 12:04:53 AM »

I seriously think the people who are around these days are going to stay for years to come. We are pretty close to CD, and after it this board is going to be a so much more positive place, not that it isn't right now, but even more so.

You dont worry about people being so overjoyed about Chinese Democracy finally coming out, they'll find alternate activities than visting here on a daily basis?

I mean, dont get me wrong, I love coming here and everyone here, but once CD comes out, I doubt Ill even be here that much...Before I even registered, I visted here pretty much daily to see the news updates..if there were any... hihi and for some reason, I can myself doing that again.

I think the Jungle and Bad Obsession will still be frequented by me, but let's face it, when CD is released, the Gn'R section is gunna be absolutely insane. 100 posters on one thread, random threads all asking the same damn question, and arguments even more repetitive than the speculative ones that already are in that section..It would just be to much to keep up with..

Here's hoping we find out sooner than later.. Cheesy

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 12:14:49 AM »

Is that how it'll be when I'm gone, nobody giving a damn?  crying

Awwwww, dont worry James...

To the tune of the Poison song....

"I wont forget youuuuuuuuuuu baaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy..I wont forget youuuuuuuu giiiirl" hihi

You are totally right though, I dont really wanna make friends with a couple hundred newbies either once the album drops, it's gunna feel like a bunch of people are invading our territory eh? Almost like those mygnr kids. I dont care there here, I just hate reading threads that are littered in reference to that shit hole of a site.

I kinda miss Eva's posts...she always put so much thought and effort into each and every single one, always making sure they brought out the absolute best in Axl...she seriously struck me as the female dave-gnr2k rofl

Ill probably post in the "Your Chinese Democracy Review" thread like you, but it'll be 100 pages by the next second, and my post will be overlooked by all... hihi

Hey James, perhaps after CD, we should start our own Gn'R forum..."Redemption & Salvation for the HTGTH Elite" rofl

No newbies allowed! Strictly veterans from the classic times here.. ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 12:25:06 AM »

Is that how it'll be when I'm gone, nobody giving a damn?? crying

Awwwww, dont worry James...

To the tune of the Poison song....

"I wont forget youuuuuuuuuuu baaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy..I wont forget youuuuuuuu giiiirl" hihi

You are totally right though, I dont really wanna make friends with a couple hundred newbies either once the album drops, it's gunna feel like a bunch of people are invading our territory eh? Almost like those mygnr kids. I dont care there here, I just hate reading threads that are littered in reference to that shit hole of a site.

I kinda miss Eva's posts...she always put so much thought and effort into each and every single one, always making sure they brought out the absolute best in Axl...she seriously struck me as the female dave-gnr2k rofl

Ill probably post in the "Your Chinese Democracy Review" thread like you, but it'll be 100 pages by the next second, and my post will be overlooked by all... hihi

Hey James, perhaps after CD, we should start our own Gn'R forum..."Redemption & Salvation for the HTGTH Elite" rofl

No newbies allowed! Strictly veterans from the classic times here.. ok
Yeah, I miss Eva too. I was gonna ask about her in that thread where it said she was having some sort of problem and couldn't post anymore, but I couldn't find it.
 Surely Jarmo has something up his sleeve to deal with the imminent changes to the forum once CD is released. I think I will send him some recommendations. hihi

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 12:45:51 AM »

Surely Jarmo has something up his sleeve to deal with the imminent changes to the forum once CD is released. I think I will send him some recommendations.

K, so I intercepted Jame's PM to Jarmo regarding his recommendations:

Dear Jarmo:

"CAN I PLEEEEEEEAAASEE, PLEEEEEEEEEAAAASEEEE, PRETTTYYY PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP...BE A MODERATOR??! Embarrassed

Yours truly,

James Lofton

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 12:50:20 AM »

On your teeth i mean. Mine come off tomorrow  Grin It's been a damn long couple of years.

Anyone else have or had any?

I had mine taken off on my 16th bday.

My teeth sure felt weird after two years of braces. It is a nice feeling though.

My daughter has them now.........
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 12:59:53 AM »

Perhaps a pre-releasers board is in order come the time - admission set on registration time - if that is possible

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2006, 01:22:38 AM »

The retainer is something you will have to get used to also. The first few days you have it in, it will be kinda hard to talk. I was told that you should only take it out when you brush yur teeth but I take mine out when I eat too. It just bugs me while i'm eating for some reason.

Yeah it is hard to talk with the retainer in. The one I have is clear plastic, similar to Invisiline.  I have to take it out when I eat. Actually I just wear it at night, because I eat all through the day. lol
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006, 01:34:29 AM »

Kevorkian, that's just about the best idea I ever heard.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006, 02:15:13 AM »

Isn't there one person here thats only 13? Shocked

nevermiss24 is i think.

Now, Who saw that coming?

I had braces for about a year and a half.? From about 13 to 14...? I hated them at the time, but I got used to them and now I am soooo glad that I got them!!!!  Oh ps.... Make sure you wear your retainer or your teeth will go out of place!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 02:17:33 AM by drama_qween » Logged

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2006, 05:51:44 AM »

Jim, you're a teenager too? Shocked I thought that was you in your avatar. hihi Next thing we'll find out is Jarmo's gallery pics aren't really him, and he's really a 5 year old kid running the show. rofl

Hells yeah man.

At least, I am for another nine months or so...

As for leaving when Chinese Democracy comes out, ha! I'm sure that there are quite a few people here that don't even go in the GNR section much anymore, save for when a bit of news surfaces...

The disscusions, so far, have all been done to death, so I find myself comming here for the other four active sections, as far as I'm concerned. I'll be here 'till I die!

(or get bored)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2006, 06:00:54 AM »

As for leaving when Chinese Democracy comes out, ha! I'm sure that there are quite a few people here that don't even go in the GNR section much anymore, save for when a bit of news surfaces...
A what section?

I thought this was a wrestling board.....
Evolution
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2006, 04:23:08 PM »

^ We need our own section  ok

I got them off today. My teeth felt so weird so a few hours but they have settled down now. I get the retainer in two weeks or so.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2006, 08:45:21 PM »

^ We need our own section  ok

I got them off today. My teeth felt so weird so a few hours but they have settled down now. I get the retainer in two weeks or so.

Wear the retainer or face wearing braces again as an adult (but next time it's on your dime).

I have seen it happen a few times so far........
Evolution
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2006, 10:47:16 AM »

Good call. I can't be bothered having them on again.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2006, 11:19:43 AM »

Anyone get their teeth took out, specially the canines (once again i dont know if thats the name of those teeth)  Huh

No man can be my equal
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2006, 02:32:57 AM »

My wisdom teeth are coming in, and they itch like hell.  I too, have braces, so I don't know if removing the wisdom teeth is a possibility.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2006, 03:42:59 AM »

My wisdom teeth are coming in, and they itch like hell.  I too, have braces, so I don't know if removing the wisdom teeth is a possibility.

I don't know how that works. Ask your dentist.

Mine came in late and I waited.......big mistake. Take them out as soon as you can. I can't remember why, but if you wait they are harder to get out. All four of mine required oral surgery and a week on the couch afterwards.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2006, 03:45:55 AM »

My wisdom teeth are coming in, and they itch like hell.? I too, have braces, so I don't know if removing the wisdom teeth is a possibility.
Just pull them out with a pair of pliers. hihi

Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2006, 03:46:43 AM »

My wisdom teeth are coming in, and they itch like hell.? I too, have braces, so I don't know if removing the wisdom teeth is a possibility.
I can't remember why, but if you wait they are harder to get out. All four of mine required oral surgery and a week on the couch afterwards.

ArgH! ?Scary.

I just re-started wearing my retainer and GOD DAMN it HURTS!! ?Your teeth feel like they are being slowly pulled (Which, is actually whats happening) but damn, it hurts. ?My advice: ?Where it from the start no matter the pain. ?It is worth it!!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: