Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:54:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy - Concept Album?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy - Concept Album?  (Read 7076 times)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 11:07:45 AM »

id say your thinking too much......

which of the new songs do you think relates to the "old members"?

most of them could actually.
as far as it being a concept album, the only concept will be to put the best songs on the album(s) in a complimentary fashion...I think.

I specifically think The Blues is about Slash.  TWAT about Stephanie Seymour.  Madagascar about Axl's isolation from the public.  IRS about his lawsuits.  Message For You partly about the drama of getting CD completed.  Then you have songs like Rhiad, Chinese Democracy, and Shacklers which are less autobiographical.  Just my guesses anyway.
I would say that is a fair perception. Time will tell!!  Wink

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 01:15:07 PM »

In the words of the Baz

Well, Ive heard the six tracks that were leaked, and they're amazing

Bach: But those arent the final versions. he laughed about those. those arent the record. those are some other version of whatever. One of my favorite songs - I asked axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "fine"--and one of my favorite songs is this song called "the general" which is so, its by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard axl do, this slow grinding riff with these high peircing vocals, screaming vocals. I was like , when is this coming out? and he said "2012" I was like dude, your killin me! He goes, "well this comes out on the third record. it relates to this song, its a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically." hes got it all figured out, hes just different than other people. he does thingso n his own time, in his own way, but you know...the worlds not prepared for what ive heard from this guy. its got the grandness and the epic-ness of november rain but with the snarl, the attitude of appetite. because the album that ive heard, alot of the drumming is by brain, who plays so heavy and mean. its a really...grand is the word for it, but its still got that attitude. Theres some great music comin' your way. My album meanwhile is 100 percent comin out on november 20. thats 100 percentile. its done, its mastered, ive got it on my fucking ipod and its ready to go.

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 01:18:58 PM »

In the words of the Baz

Well, Ive heard the six tracks that were leaked, and they're amazing

Bach: But those arent the final versions. he laughed about those. those arent the record. those are some other version of whatever. One of my favorite songs - I asked axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "fine"--and one of my favorite songs is this song called "the general" which is so, its by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard axl do, this slow grinding riff with these high peircing vocals, screaming vocals. I was like , when is this coming out? and he said "2012" I was like dude, your killin me! He goes, "well this comes out on the third record. it relates to this song, its a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically." hes got it all figured out, hes just different than other people. he does thingso n his own time, in his own way, but you know...the worlds not prepared for what ive heard from this guy. its got the grandness and the epic-ness of november rain but with the snarl, the attitude of appetite. because the album that ive heard, alot of the drumming is by brain, who plays so heavy and mean. its a really...grand is the word for it, but its still got that attitude. Theres some great music comin' your way. My album meanwhile is 100 percent comin out on november 20. thats 100 percentile. its done, its mastered, ive got it on my fucking ipod and its ready to go.

It will be intresting to hear what tracks Frank and Ron played on the entire album.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 01:27:05 PM »

ron plays in every CD song..
he have said it in a few interviews...

i dont know frank... but im almost sure he will be in the final version of if the world
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:30:24 PM by Pt666 » Logged

SLASH
overmatik
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 04:55:28 PM »

All the songs in a concept album must have a mutual theme, like "Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" and "Division Bell". The songs we know so far doesn't share the same theme.

But, of course, my dream is that CD will feature 13 songs we've never heard of!  peace
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 01:20:11 AM »

it could be a vague theme or a plot..
representing every chapter with dif song..
like Marilyn Manson... and the concept trilogy he created (Hollywood, Mechanical Animals and Antichrist Superstar), the songs dont relate lirically.. but in the whole concept, the whole theme.. they add something to the plot and connect each other

SLASH
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 06:29:59 PM »

I think it'll be a collection of songs but most of the songs are inspired by his relationship with Stephanie (TWAT, MFY, Oklahoma...). BTW, The Blues is about Dylan, Stephanie's son... he said that back in time...
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 11:33:18 PM »

nope
he said THIS I LOVE was about dylan

SLASH
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2008, 11:57:53 PM »

How about this as a concept: "put the album in stores so people can buy it?"

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 12:54:38 AM »

nope
he said THIS I LOVE was about dylan

He said The Blues, n' this appeared in Rolling STone magazine... read the lyrics...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »

id say your thinking too much......

which of the new songs do you think relates to the "old members"?

most of them could actually.
as far as it being a concept album, the only concept will be to put the best songs on the album(s) in a complimentary fashion...I think.

I specifically think The Blues is about Slash.  TWAT about Stephanie Seymour.  Madagascar about Axl's isolation from the public.  IRS about his lawsuits.  Message For You partly about the drama of getting CD completed.  Then you have songs like Rhiad, Chinese Democracy, and Shacklers which are less autobiographical.  Just my guesses anyway.

I think IRS is about the fans that think Axl owe them something.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 10:54:42 AM »

ron plays in every CD song..
he have said it in a few interviews...

i dont know frank... but im almost sure he will be in the final version of if the world

I REALLY hope not. that song has, like many of them, Brain's signature written all over it!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 11:15:15 AM »

yeah i know..
of all the leaks we have heard..
thats the most brain-esque

for me its really a shame that they deleted brain stuff for franks
because i dont like frank style at all