Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:28:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Live like a Suicide EP Vinyl for trade (maybe)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live like a Suicide EP Vinyl for trade (maybe)  (Read 5367 times)
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« on: January 31, 2006, 07:27:50 PM »

Shocked

GET YOUR LIVE LIKE A SUICIDE EP HERE!

I have 2 of them and looking to trade for a boatload of good GNR audio and DVD. I have a lot of the DVD out there, but am missing some good ones. I need some audio such as demos, rare recording and sbd/A audience live recordings. I'm looking to make a fair trade for the LLS EP. I will also trade for other rare GNR collectables.

So if you think you can offer something worth while hit me up with a PM.

DVD/AUD LIST http://www.phishhook.org/cgi-bin/gotolist.cgi?login=quexzea

website with collectables and memorbillia? ?www.gnrbaby.com? ? ?

beer
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 04:52:42 PM by gnrbaby » Logged

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 07:05:11 PM »

I must be the only person that thinks alot of these Suicide EPs are fakes. Only ten thousand were made 20 years ago, but you can buy them at any time on Ebay and other places, and alot of people have several of them. The numbers just dont add up. I think at some point in the past, some small bootleg company made some excellent fakes of this EP, and the majority still left in existence are these fakes. Years ago, I was interested in getting as many of these "rare" EPs as I could get my hands on. But when I finally realized that the album is not even rare anymore and you can get one almost anywhere at any time, I just gave up.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 07:19:35 PM »

I must be the only person that thinks alot of these Suicide EPs are fakes. Only ten thousand were made 20 years ago, but you can buy them at any time on Ebay and other places, and alot of people have several of them. The numbers just dont add up. I think at some point in the past, some small bootleg company made some excellent fakes of this EP, and the majority still left in existence are these fakes. Years ago, I was interested in getting as many of these "rare" EPs as I could get my hands on. But when I finally realized that the album is not even rare anymore and you can get one almost anywhere at any time, I just gave up.

I would like to have one, but I'm too wary of getting collectibles over the net.  To many damn scammers out there.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 07:41:43 PM »

I would like to have one, but I'm too wary of getting collectibles over the net.? To many damn scammers out there.
To be honest, I think if you didn't get one between the years 1986-91, then you should just forget it. After that is when they started showing up in way too many places to actually be the real thing. I know most disagree with me on this, but they disagree because they want to believe that they have the real thing. Take a look at the facts. Ten thousand copies were made in 1986. Twenty years later, and you can buy one almost anywhere. Shit, a few years ago a local record store had two sealed for a cheap price. I laughed. In the late 90's, I talked to one guy that had five copies. FIVE! Like I said, the numbers dont add up. After 20 years, a high percentage of those copies would have been worn out, damaged, lost,etc., with a small percentage of mint collectibles in existence.. But right now you can buy mint condition EPs just about anywhere. Mark my words, one of these days someone will figure out that most of them are fakes.

GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 12:31:55 PM »

I would like to have one, but I'm too wary of getting collectibles over the net.? To many damn scammers out there.

Are you calling me a "scammer"? Both these EP are from 1989! My good friend dated GNR tour manager and her gave her two - one for me and one for him. He gave me his a few years ago because he doesn't care anymore. (I also got 1992 tour Jacket, itnierary, and passes,etc)

I do agree that some of these have to be fakes with it being sooooo availible out there.....Anyone have any info on this? Anyone know what to look for?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 12:33:47 PM by gnrbaby » Logged

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 01:54:23 PM »

Are you calling me a "scammer"? Both these EP are from 1989! My good friend dated GNR tour manager and her gave her two - one for me and one for him. He gave me his a few years ago because he doesn't care anymore. (I also got 1992 tour Jacket, itnierary, and passes,etc)

I do agree that some of these have to be fakes with it being sooooo availible out there.....Anyone have any info on this? Anyone know what to look for?
No, I'm not calling you a scammer, and Thorazine isn't calling you a scammer. You took it the wrong way. I seen this thread with you trying to trade/sell them so I just wanted to bring up a few facts concerning this "rare" EP. Its nothing against you. If you got these from back in the old days, obviously theyre authentic. I've just always been surprised that no one ever takes a real close look at this 'Live Like A Suicide' situation. I know most of them are fakes, I dont care what anybody says. Back in the old days, if you had one it was like having the holy grail. GNR fans who seen you had it were shocked. Now the EP is a dime a dozen.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 01:58:58 PM by jameslofton29 » Logged

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 02:30:50 PM »

I would like to have one, but I'm too wary of getting collectibles over the net.  To many damn scammers out there.

No, I'm not calling you a scammer, and Thorazine isn't calling you a scammer. You took it the wrong way. I seen this thread with you trying to trade/sell them so I just wanted to bring up a few facts concerning this "rare" EP. Its nothing against you. If you got these from back in the old days, obviously theyre authentic. I've just always been surprised that no one ever takes a real close look at this 'Live Like A Suicide' situation. I know most of them are fakes, I dont care what anybody says. Back in the old days, if you had one it was like having the holy grail. GNR fans who seen you had it were shocked. Now the EP is a dime a dozen.
   i think you should consider that many people who have those old LLAS eps simply don`t care about gnr anymore and sell them now......   

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 02:47:26 PM »

? ?i think you should consider that many people who have those old LLAS eps simply don`t care about gnr anymore and sell them now......? ?
I know there's people that dont care anymore. But that has nothing to with all these mint condition EPs floating around. Like I said, after 20 years, a big percentage of the albums wouldn't even be in circulation anymore, and the value of those that were would skyrocket. If memory serves me correctly, this album was worth almost 500 dollars back in the late 80's/early 90's. Now you can get one on  ebay really cheap. How can that be?? An album worth hundreds of dollars 15 years ago should have went up in value, not down. Look at Metallica's first Garage Days EP. About as many copies of it were made as Suicide, and its extremely hard to find. Metallica had to re-release it as the "garage days $5.98 ep re-released" because their fans wanted to hear it so bad. You cannot find that original garage days album anywhere. Thats how Suicide should be.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 04:48:47 PM »

i think you should consider that many people who have those old LLAS eps simply don`t care about gnr anymore and sell them now......   
I know there's people that dont care anymore. But that has nothing to with all these mint condition EPs floating around. Like I said, after 20 years, a big percentage of the albums wouldn't even be in circulation anymore, and the value of those that were would skyrocket. If memory serves me correctly, this album was worth almost 500 dollars back in the late 80's/early 90's. Now you can get one on  ebay really cheap. How can that be?? An album worth hundreds of dollars 15 years ago should have went up in value, not down. Look at Metallica's first Garage Days EP. About as many copies of it were made as Suicide, and its extremely hard to find. Metallica had to re-release it as the "garage days $5.98 ep re-released" because their fans wanted to hear it so bad. You cannot find that original garage days album anywhere. Thats how Suicide should be.

well.........supply and demand

There just isn`t the fanbase that existed in '91 anymore.....I`d expect it`s value to increase massively after CD`S release......

i know that many copies could be broken or lost by now, but gnr went popular immidiately after it`s release and as you said it was worth 500 bucks in '91 so i`d imagine that after that not that many copies wore out after 1988.........

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 04:50:08 PM »

it`s possible that there are fakes out there, but i tend to say that it?s the perfect time noe to get a copy...... it could be over after CD ok

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 05:07:39 PM »

There just isn`t the fanbase that existed in '91 anymore.....I`d expect it`s value to increase massively after CD`S release......

i know that many copies could be broken or lost by now, but gnr went popular immidiately after it`s release and as you said it was worth 500 bucks in '91 so i`d imagine that after that not that many copies wore out after 1988.........
Metallica's fanbase isn't what it used to be either. But that didn't cause a trillion mint condition copies of the original Garage Days EP to flood the market. One of the hardcore collectors here should offer their opinion on this.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 05:12:22 PM »

Metallica's fanbase isn't what it used to be either. But that didn't cause a trillion mint condition copies of the original Garage Days EP to flood the market. One of the hardcore collectors here should offer their opinion on this.

well   i don?t really know what?s goin on with LLAS on ebay etc....., but as far as i know there is no flooding......

and i don?t know about metallica`s history either, but i think the point is gnr?s fast rise......

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 05:19:53 PM »

well? ?i don?t really know what?s goin on with LLAS on ebay etc....., but as far as i know there is no flooding......

and i don?t know about metallica`s history either, but i think the point is gnr?s fast rise......
Well, our opinions differ, and I dont want to ruin this guy's thread thats trying to trade them. Maybe at some point we could start a thread concerning the Suicide EP legitimacy. But I know one thing: If you can go on ebay and pick which copy you want, go to some yahoo group and pick which copy you want, go to any local record store and buy one, then something is terribly wrong. Ten thousand copies over 20 years doesn't stretch that far.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 05:33:59 PM »

well   i don?t really know what?s goin on with LLAS on ebay etc....., but as far as i know there is no flooding......

Well, our opinions differ, and I dont want to ruin this guy's thread thats trying to trade them. Maybe at some point we could start a thread concerning the Suicide EP legitimacy. But I know one thing: If you can go on ebay and pick which copy you want, go to some yahoo group and pick which copy you want, go to any local record store and buy one, then something is terribly wrong. Ten thousand copies over 20 years doesn't stretch that far.

or it`s the right time to get one as i said hihi     well you`re right we sould stop it here......but i?m interested in Christos and Pandora`s opinion about this though....

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 05:59:41 AM »

What you have to take into account is that a lot of the supposed LLAS EPs sold on ebay are actually Lies EPs in disguise. Meaning the seller takes a picture of the back of the cover, and passes it off as LLAS. I see that all the freakin time, and I think that accounts for a high percentage of those so-called rarities on ebay. But a well-trained eye can easily see that.

Also, when you start to be a serious collector, you realize that 10,000 copies is a whole lot. I mean, A LOT. From a collector's point of view, it's really not that rare. Some promos are limited to as little as 100 copies ! Now that's rare. With the globalization that the Internet entails, it's not a surprise to see so many copies of LLAS floating around. Why was it harder to get your hands on it 15 years ago? Simply because you couldn't buy from sellers all over the world. In that respect, ebay is a wonderful market.

Oh, and I haven't seen that EP in a local record store for a long while now, but maybe I just live in the wrong place  Grin

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
anythinggoes
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »

Oh, and I haven't seen that EP in a local record store for a long while now, but maybe I just live in the wrong place? Grin

the last time i saw it was 9 years ago in a record shop in Soho it was priced at ?150.00 but i think it was "signed" as well but at the time i was 15 and didnt have that kind of money to spend on a record
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 07:12:44 PM »

Oh, and I haven't seen that EP in a local record store for a long while now, but maybe I just live in the wrong place? Grin

the last time i saw it was 9 years ago in a record shop in Soho it was priced at ?150.00 but i think it was "signed" as well but at the time i was 15 and didnt have that kind of money to spend on a record
Its really been that long since you seen it?? Shocked Damn, maybe alot of the fakes are here in California. I haven't been to any of the local record stores  in awhile, but used to see it quite regularly.

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 09:14:30 PM »

I picked up mine at a local rare records shop for 75 bucks.  That was like 12 years ago, though, so I'm sure things have changed since then.

I will say this much - I haven't seen it locally for a LONG time - and I'm often in retail locations that would carry something like that, too.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
anythinggoes
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 07:21:48 AM »

Its really been that long since you seen it?? Shocked Damn, maybe alot of the fakes are here in California. I haven't been to any of the local record stores? in awhile, but used to see it quite regularly.

But at the time it was only released in the Usa so to see one in a shop in UK is a bit rarer as it needed to be imported been a while since ive been to the record shops in soho too
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: