Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:40:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses movie script
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses movie script  (Read 7180 times)
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 12:14:41 PM »

I doubt this is real, but if so then they really need to understand grammer.  "They're" vs. "their" vs. "there"  would be a great start.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 12:52:54 PM »

Shit I can definitely see this on Howard Stern's On Demand. Right next to Super Twink. Maybe make it a back-to-back double feature.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 12:53:20 PM »

can't really remember the rest of the convo.
Just make something up. Everyone will believe it.

anythinggoes
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2006, 12:59:04 PM »

ow you bitch  rofl
anythinggoes
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2006, 01:05:21 PM »

posted the script over at MYGNR.com and look what Madison had to say its no wonder i dont post over there normally

Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors on the forum.
This looks like a bogus story a high school kid made up.

If you don't have a legitimate source for "news," please don't post it.

*locked*

bearing in mind it was posted in the discussion page
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 01:08:07 PM »

ok james, we get it, you don't believe madagascar88, just let it die

that doesn't surprise me about mygnr, seems a little like a dictatorship sometimes when attempting honest discussions

Bitch slap rappin'
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 01:58:19 PM »

I can't wait till we get to the part where Slash says, "It used to be about the music...."
This is very poor stuff. The way they put in the fact that Izzy never wanted to be as big as The Ramones was really obvious, and then Duff telling them to make a song called Nighttrain in the same scene???!!! I suppose it coulda happened but id rather see the band do a proper book like Motley Crue's Dirt before they start a movie script. Also, i agree, it does seem like a really amatuer writer who has probably only read the History section at Heretodaygonetohell.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 02:10:31 PM »

o yea...

actually talked with Dizzy a little about this- 'cause he saw the article that Classic Rock magazine did on G'n'R which included a section about the "lost G'n'R movie."

basically, he just said that camera crews were following them around for quite a while for this film and he doesn't know what has become of it all... can't really remember the rest of the convo.

I think your confused with the actual "lost GnR Movie" which is supposidly sitting in Axls basement. This script is meant to be for a proper..... i suppose Doors like movie!

Jonx
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2006, 03:50:36 PM »

rofl

Wow man, someone pinch me and tell me it was all just a dream cause that shit was fucking dope ok

In all seriousness, it wasn't attrociously bad, but as someone else mentioned, it just came across with as much suspense as a Scooby-Doo re-run. Also, the cliches were really bad man, I mean "Attitude blares on the sterop", "Duff exclaims this shit fucks you up! Hey, it must be Nightrain!" If you cover all the Gn'R trivia tidbits in the first scene, wtf are you gunn write about in the next few acts? hihi

Gn'R need an officially compiled and written biography before any movie goes into production. It's on Axl's to do list, right after Chinese Democracy yes

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Warren
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 03:54:59 PM »

It all depends on the actors. If Beavis and Butthead are available, then anything is possible.
anythinggoes
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2006, 04:20:46 PM »

Ok thought about it what about if it was done as an animation then there would be no dodgey lookalike if the animation was done right as in the style they use for a more realistic style i know it wont happen just a thought
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006, 06:12:10 PM »

is this written by some retard?

LOL. My thoughts exactly. Too many flat characters. Where are the dynamics?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2006, 07:30:31 PM »

posted the script over at MYGNR.com and look what Madison had to say its no wonder i dont post over there normally

Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors on the forum.
This looks like a bogus story a high school kid made up.

If you don't have a legitimate source for "news," please don't post it.

*locked*

bearing in mind it was posted in the discussion page

To be honest, we don't care about mygnr or what madison has to say.  Stop it.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2006, 11:48:35 PM »

The script is ok, at least it seems to be in proper format. You use too many of the typical GNR cliches. To actually write a great script about GNR, you have to dig much deeper into what the band was really about, you have to feel their hunger, and you must make it sound like its really the band members talking. Like I said, you're using the same old tired cliches. For any GNR script to have true legitimacy and vision, it will have to be from Axl's point of view, because that is where the true mystery and heart of GNR is at. For your sake, I hope you copyrighted this script before deciding to post it all.

TRUTH! Good feedback James, thank you! Me (I'm not $$ involved yet) and The guy who is working on this have been argueing over stuff, so I posted this to prove a point. IT NEEDS WORK. Although, there are more scenes that haven't been posted it has a "scooby doo" vibe. The good news is that once you get the actors and sets and costumes the script reads better than this first draft Idea.

The grammer is messed up, but that is only because it's a first draft and was written fast I think.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
McDuff
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2006, 11:57:03 PM »

No offense to the author, but I feel dumber for reading that.

I'm sure it's possible that someone was commissioned to start a script about a GnR story, but the writer doesn't seem to have much experience with writing dialouge, that's for sure.
It sounds like an old episode of Scooby Doo.

Yeah I agree,I mean can you imagine band member really saying shit like that,if there was a movie made from that script it should be on the Lifetime network,but to be honest if a movie about GN'R did come out I'd watch it no matter how stupid it was hihi peace smoking
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2006, 12:04:33 AM »

The script is ok, at least it seems to be in proper format. You use too many of the typical GNR cliches. To actually write a great script about GNR, you have to dig much deeper into what the band was really about, you have to feel their hunger, and you must make it sound like its really the band members talking. Like I said, you're using the same old tired cliches. For any GNR script to have true legitimacy and vision, it will have to be from Axl's point of view, because that is where the true mystery and heart of GNR is at. For your sake, I hope you copyrighted this script before deciding to post it all.

TRUTH! Good feedback James, thank you! Me (I'm not $$ involved yet) and The guy who is working on this have been argueing over stuff, so I posted this to prove a point. IT NEEDS WORK. Although, there are more scenes that haven't been posted it has a "scooby doo" vibe. The good news is that once you get the actors and sets and costumes the script reads better than this first draft Idea.

The grammer is messed up, but that is only because it's a first draft and was written fast I think.
It needs alot of work. Actually, it needs a major rewrite. I'm not talking about grammar. I'm a writer myself, and know how easy it is to fuck things up like that every now and then, and its easily fixable. Before writing the script, profiles need to be written about each band member, and how they evolved over time, how they each dealt with the sudden realization of being rock stars,etc. A "scooby doo" script isn't gonna sell. You have to attempt to unwrap the GNR mystery and show the world not just why they were idolized, but show the dark side behind that idolization.
 I've always thought a GNR movie should revolve around Axl's unwillingness to deal with fame, and the domestic violence, paranoia, and megalomania that was produced from that unwillingness.

GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2006, 12:22:25 AM »

True and that is for sure a focus here. Certainly Axl must be the focus, and so should "unwillingness to deal with fame, and the domestic violence, paranoia, and megalomania that was produced from that unwillingness", Yet, to show the film we must first start off on a good note and show the slow progession in to Axl's maddness. The script begins in 1985 and ends in 1993 with Axl (estragned) going his sepperate way after thier last show in Argentina. A possible title for the script is "Estranged", and one is the obvious "Welcome to the Jungle"

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2006, 12:24:19 AM »

I have written a number of screenplays and I can say, it ain't that bad. It certainly does feel like a first draft but if it's page 5-7, you're in the first 10 minutes, showing that the band started with nothing and of course will eventually reach the top of the world, then throw it all away. Plus, there was always tension and drama with these guys.

Axl seems to be in character, a little bit crazy but still lucid and the integral part of the band at that time.

Grammar has to be up to par, it's hard to take a writer seriously who can't differentiate "you're" from "your". The GNR story could definitely work as a movie.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2006, 12:29:00 AM »

sorry, I agree that this is not up to speed

far too many cliches and stereotypes

to make a great GNR movie, the screenplay would really have to capture the various personalities that made the band up - these and the various relationships they had with one another were what made GNR such an intriguing proposition (coupled with the  music of course)

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2006, 12:37:27 AM »

rofl rofl classic stuff!

perhaps this is the "big news" the mygnr refugees keep referring to?  Shocked

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: