Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:52:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Supposed big news from Dizzy:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supposed big news from Dizzy:  (Read 18482 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2006, 10:04:29 PM »

as a longtime (since '91) guns n' roses fan and an awaiter for the new album since 1999 i feel obligated to say something about this. i'm as excited about axl's reemergence and the forthcoming release of new music as any diehard gnr fan, and having watched an online fanbase as dedicated and patient as the gnr one, which i take great pride in being a part of, it's a shame to see gnr fans either deceive other gnr fans or withhold potential new info from them. we are watching something amazing take place here together, the long-awaited new guns n' roses album is finally coming after all these years and we are right here awaiting it and experiencing it together online, and for anyone to try to withhold news about this event from other dedicated fans who spend parts of their lives supporting their favourite band, is simply dispicable. this is music we are talking about here, not governent secrets. i respect and appreciate axl's choice not to speak until he has something to say, but i refuse to believe that he or any other member of gnr would let a select few fans of theirs in on crucial information about the album and at the same time make them swear secrecy and refuse them to pass the information on to other fans. regardless of what may or not be happening now, fans who keep other fans from taking part in the guns n' roses experience we are now witnessing, are a disgrace to the loyalty and the dedication gnr fans show both the new band and this unique community.
Thats the best first post by a new member  that I've ever seen.  Welcome to the forum! ok beer

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2006, 10:05:51 PM »

The way I see all of this "I have news and you don't" thing is like this:

Mygnr.com person: ?"I have news and you don't"

Htgth person: ?"Good for you"

In other words, DON'T let it AFFECT you. ?IF THERE IS REAL NEWS, IT WILL BE MADE PUBLIC FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW.

You can let these people affect you or you can NOT give a shit and let them spew whatever they want.

In the long run, we will all be made privy to the same info someday and that'll be the release of CD. ?So I say fuck everyone until then ok
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2006, 10:11:22 PM »

as a longtime (since '91) guns n' roses fan and an awaiter for the new album since 1999 i feel obligated to say something about this. i'm as excited about axl's reemergence and the forthcoming release of new music as any diehard gnr fan, and having watched an online fanbase as dedicated and patient as the gnr one, which i take great pride in being a part of, it's a shame to see gnr fans either deceive other gnr fans or withhold potential new info from them. we are watching something amazing take place here together, the long-awaited new guns n' roses album is finally coming after all these years and we are right here awaiting it and experiencing it together online, and for anyone to try to withhold news about this event from other dedicated fans who spend parts of their lives supporting their favourite band, is simply dispicable. this is music we are talking about here, not governent secrets. i respect and appreciate axl's choice not to speak until he has something to say, but i refuse to believe that he or any other member of gnr would let a select few fans of theirs in on crucial information about the album and at the same time make them swear secrecy and refuse them to pass the information on to other fans. regardless of what may or not be happening now, fans who keep other fans from taking part in the guns n' roses experience we are now witnessing, are a disgrace to the loyalty and the dedication gnr fans show both the new band and this unique community.

The fans you're talking about have been around forever. Axl's silence has allowed people who want attention- to get it by having "insider" knowledge and causing a huge stir.

An easy solution: GNR has an official website... GNR should use it.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »

fuck gnronline.

they should just use HTGTH peace
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2006, 10:24:35 PM »

Thats the best first post by a new member  that I've ever seen.  Welcome to the forum! ok beer
thank you.
The fans you're talking about have been around forever. Axl's silence has allowed people who want attention- to get it by having "insider" knowledge and causing a huge stir.
so in your eyes, if a person (in this case an artist) chooses not to speak or defend himself in a while, that automatically makes impersonation or lies about this person's life or projects in life acceptable and legit? strange logic. by that logic i should just accept and outright welcome any bashing or lies about me as a person that accurs after i log off this board tonight.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »

Thats the best first post by a new member? that I've ever seen.? Welcome to the forum! ok beer
thank you.
so in your eyes, if a person (in this case an artist) chooses not to speak or defend himself in a while, that automatically makes impersonation or lies about this person's life or projects in life acceptable and legit? strange logic. by that logic i should just accept and outright welcome any bashing or lies about me as a person that accurs after i log off this board tonight.

I took up for Axl's "silence" for a long time... Then time rolled on... rolled on... rolled on.. Tour Cancelled for no reason... time rolled on..? time rolled on... Buckethead left... A statement saying a release date for CD would be announced in the next few months...

That never happened. I'm saying when you decide to tease your fans, and not say anything, your asking for fake insiders to start causing havoc.

Axl should not bitch about the "garbage can" known as the internet when his actions play a part in it.

Does he owe anyone anything? No. Should he show the fans more respect? YES.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 10:37:45 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
gav
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2006, 03:13:31 PM »

Great posts from 'that certain someone'.

ARC - assuming you do know what this 'event' is, can you at least tell us when you think that knowledge of it's nature will be PUBLICLY available?? Huh
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2006, 03:57:14 PM »

Is it just me or is this waiting crap harder now that it was 2 years ago?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2006, 03:59:28 PM »

Is it just me or is this waiting crap harder now that it was 2 years ago?

I think it's easier now.  Undecided

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2006, 03:59:41 PM »

Now it's just getting rediculas. ?You guys are building this "event" up way too much. ?Maybe Madagascar88 shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place, but it's not as big as you guys think. ?He said from the get go, that it could lead to the release of Chinese Democracy. ?It's not an announcement, a show, a single or antyhing like that. ?It's simply something that I think he agreed with Dizzy that he would not share. ? ?

Check this thread (Grammys Feb. 8, 2006. Could GNR show up?), and your answer is pretty much spelled out for you on page 2. ?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
gav
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2006, 04:01:54 PM »

I think the recent furore will serve only to make people even more impatient. I can only hope our wait isn't too long, however I fear it may be.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2006, 05:33:01 PM »

Great. So GN'R had a band meeting after which Dizzy promptly decided to book a Hookers N' Blow Spring Tour... sounds like an encouraging meeting. Roll Eyes

Chinese Democracy Starts Now![tm] Saul

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2006, 06:18:28 PM »

Great. So GN'R had a band meeting after which Dizzy promptly decided to book a Hookers N' Blow Spring Tour... sounds like an encouraging meeting. Roll Eyes

Chinese Democracy Starts Now![tm] Saul

LOL. More of the same. I would guess the band gets a phone call or fax anyway acknowledging a release date. I doubt they get together unless they have to play live which could be awhile from now.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2006, 06:55:07 PM »

Guys, there have been "insiders" and shit for the last 10 years on the boards....from Usenet to GNROnline, to MYGNR to HTGTH, everywhere. The only 2 things I can remember being true from all that time is that someone posted about OMG being in the trailer on MTV Awards in 99, (although the major news wires also picked it up), and that GNR were going to play MTV in 02.

Thats it. There may be more but thats all I can remember right now.

All other "info" is pure specualtion. Because I bet the "info" that people thought they had has changed so many times that it doesn't matter anymore.

Dizzy could very well have told him something...but who gives a fuck. Who's to say that it will happen? And if he DOES say something, and then it doesn't happen, then he looks like a dick. Dizzy says "album is coming in 6 weeks," (which he really believes), but guess what, something happens and the album is delayed. Is it FALSE info...not really. Innacurate, yes.

So I don't blame him, IF (if if if) he does know something, for not sharing it. But do I care? No. We'll all be holding CD in our hands the same day, and that's all the info I need to know.

Until then, take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2006, 08:25:39 PM »

Guys, there have been "insiders" and shit for the last 10 years on the boards....from Usenet to GNROnline, to MYGNR to HTGTH, everywhere. The only 2 things I can remember being true from all that time is that someone posted about OMG being in the trailer on MTV Awards in 99, (although the major news wires also picked it up), and that GNR were going to play MTV in 02.

All other "info" is pure specualtion. Because I bet the "info" that people thought they had has changed so many times that it doesn't matter anymore.

Dizzy could very well have told him something...but who gives a fuck. Who's to say that it will happen? And if he DOES say something, and then it doesn't happen, then he looks like a dick. Dizzy says "album is coming in 6 weeks," (which he really believes), but guess what, something happens and the album is delayed. Is it FALSE info...not really. Innacurate, yes.

So I don't blame him, IF (if if if) he does know something, for not sharing it. But do I care? No. We'll all be holding CD in our hands the same day, and that's all the info I need to know.

GH was predicted on the boards, as were a few other events like Bucket's departure, and a few other things.  Does anyone remember any other things that were predicted, or rumored on the boards which became true? 

I agree with Lofton, that 1st post was fantastic, and I should add, that we would all find out more without the insane in-fighting between different sub-segments of the GNR community.  We all love the band, and that should unite us.  Also, I think it will only help the band, if all of those with some info share it with all, and build the grass roots movement.  The rumors will spread to other sites, like wildfires in the Malibou hills.  Also realize, the OMG thing was leaked on purpose by the label, to be shared online, and generate buzz within the GNR community for the single.  Many things are leaked, in a very discreet manner, by mgt. and the label---and sometimes not solely for promotional reasons.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2006, 08:40:38 PM »

I agree with Lofton
You're smart. ok But I think you're wrong about "insiders" predicting BH's departure. If memory serves me correctly, when rumours were swirling that he left, the "insiders" were saying he was still in the band.

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2006, 10:58:09 PM »

maybe he is still in the band  Wink

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2006, 11:14:01 PM »

maybe he is still in the band? Wink
Yeah, thats why Slash is begging for a reunion. He wants to work with BH before he decides to leave for real. hihi

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2006, 11:16:10 PM »

how can slash and bucket play together when there really both the same person  peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2006, 11:34:41 PM »

amen. Why fight about something that can neither be confirmed or discredited? It was a fun read nevertheless.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: