Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:43:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rocker Axl Rose sues Beverly Hills car dealership
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocker Axl Rose sues Beverly Hills car dealership  (Read 15067 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2006, 08:53:30 AM »

Now, Axl can empathize with how pissed off his fans feel about waiting . . . and never getting the goods . .  . hihi

The difference is that Axl doesn't owe us anything and is under no obligation to deliver anything to us  Wink

That's not true.  By not delivering the record Axl has violated oral agreements ("See you next summer", etc).  I say we all get together and file a lawsuit.  peace  hihi

Well that rir comment came true didnt it? He did indeed see the fans the next summer while he played shows in Asia and Europe. So your wrong. ok

Oh no, Axl promised the album multiple times and told at least the year of the release, but sometimes even the year and the month. Just for the people here who don't remember.

Uh no he never promised the album would be out in a certain year or month. What he said was we are aiming for, or we hope to have it out by. Those arent promises, they are gueses.
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2006, 09:23:31 AM »

Why get a Gallardo and not a Murcielago?
elmir
VIP

« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2006, 03:39:52 AM »

Isn't this the car we've seen before, in the picture with Axl in front of that studio?

I don't think so. the car in the pic is a Ferarri F430, and the one outside the studio was a F360.
Although similar looking, they are different vehicles.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
shaun
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2006, 04:46:25 AM »

Isn't this the car we've seen before, in the picture with Axl in front of that studio?

Either way, dark grey don'y look too hot. Give me red anyday  Wink or a white F50 (in my dreams  Grin )
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2006, 06:31:20 AM »

Now, Axl can empathize with how pissed off his fans feel about waiting . . . and never getting the goods . .? . hihi

The difference is that Axl doesn't owe us anything and is under no obligation to deliver anything to us? Wink

That's not true.? By not delivering the record Axl has violated oral agreements ("See you next summer", etc).? I say we all get together and file a lawsuit.? peace? hihi

Well that rir comment came true didnt it? He did indeed see the fans the next summer while he played shows in Asia and Europe. So your wrong. ok

Oh no, Axl promised the album multiple times and told at least the year of the release, but sometimes even the year and the month. Just for the people here who don't remember.

Uh no he never promised the album would be out in a certain year or month. What he said was we are aiming for, or we hope to have it out by. Those arent promises, they are gueses.

I'm afraid you haven't learned anything communication-related. If you say

Ditch: You've really, you've... It sounds like really nurtured relationships with these guys, and the new disc "Chinese Democracy". Umm, do you have any idea when the fruits of those labours will come to harvest?

Axl: Uhh, sometime during the next year. (2002)

It means that CD will come out next year. And it's a promise. If I say to a girl that 'I'll love you forever' than it's a promise equal to the  sentence 'I promise I'll love you forever', I mean 'promise-wise'.

Or

Although this, the performance at Rock In Rio was the target of some criticizism from Axl. According to him, his voice was not at his best because of lack of sleep and the band needs to adjust the sound to these great shows. The expectations of the band turns now to the new album, "Chinese Democracy", which will be released in June. The leader guarantees his fans that they will be rewarded for the long wait. (2001)  rofl

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=37
Do you think the guy made up the whole story?

DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter. (2001)

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=39

Etc, etc, etc I don't have the energy to post it again and again for those who have the tendency to forget Axl's words.

Like it or don't, Axl's words ain't mean shit when it comes to CD.

Now back to topic.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2006, 10:56:04 AM »

Now I wonder How he washes so many cars and Keeps them in good repair  confused

He doesn't wash his own cars that's the thing....

Surely you didn't think Beta just did Axl's laundry, housecleaning, and even cut the crusts off his peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches did you...?

She's out in the stable 8 hours a day scrubbing his collection with a diaper hihi

In all seriousness though, It's understandable and highly predictable of Axl to sue these assholes over the $ they owe him..

Im glad he enjoys his cars, but it also makes me nauseous knowing how that a celebrity like him doesnt even hesitate when spending that kinda dough on a mere car when there are millions of homeless and starving people out there who could use that money to get back on their feet... Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2006, 03:51:45 PM »

this story was even news today on a big german tv channel "pro 7".  in a show called "taff"....  really great to see axl on TV.  by the way they didn`t show anything new....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2006, 08:06:38 PM »

Axl wants to test CD in every car's default sound system... that's why! Smiley
In that case, he must have a ford, GMC, Jeep, toyota, Honda, Chevrolet, citroen, mini, audi, Volkswagen etc? and a hyundai, as gypsy suggested, in the garage. confused
"suggested" - no? no? ? .......... shameless begging - YES!!!? yes
I really do need a new car and that's the one I want.? Tongue

but anyways .....

This is from Entertainment Weekly * Issue #860 * January 27, 2006

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2006, 11:41:02 PM »

Chinese Democracy Starts this Year!
rainX
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2006, 10:45:33 PM »

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060123005966&newsLang=en

January 23, 2006 03:52 PM US Eastern Timezone
W. Axl Rose Lawsuit
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 23, 2006--Following the filing last week of a lawsuit brought by W. Axl Rose against Andy Cohen and Beverly Hills Classic Cars there have been a number of questions from the media. In response to those questions Mr Rose's attorney Howard Weitzman commented, "Andy Cohen, owner of Beverly Hills Classic Cars defrauded Axl out of more than $150,000. Mr. Cohen sold one of Axl's cars and pocketed the money as well as keeping a $20,000 deposit on two cars he committed to order on Axl's behalf but failed to do so. We are suing to recover the money that Mr. Cohen converted for his own personal use and are asking for punitive damages to be awarded because of the intentional breach of contract and theft committed by the defendants. Over a period of 4 years Axl bought a number of cars from Mr. Cohen and had built what he thought was a trusting relationship with him. It is unfortunate that Mr. Cohen abused that trust and not only failed to deliver on his promises but also took over $150,000 of Axl's money. Axl has reluctantly sued because Mr. Cohen continually represented to Axl over the better part of a year that he would repay the money and broke each promise for repayment leaving Axl no choice but to file this complaint to get his money returned."

Howard Weitzman, Esq.
Greenberg Glusker
WARose
Legend

« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2006, 03:27:45 PM »

crazy shit rofl

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2006, 10:16:50 PM »

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060123005966&newsLang=en

January 23, 2006 03:52 PM US Eastern Timezone
W. Axl Rose Lawsuit
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 23, 2006--Following the filing last week of a lawsuit brought by W. Axl Rose against Andy Cohen and Beverly Hills Classic Cars there have been a number of questions from the media. In response to those questions Mr Rose's attorney Howard Weitzman commented, "Andy Cohen, owner of Beverly Hills Classic Cars defrauded Axl out of more than $150,000. Mr. Cohen sold one of Axl's cars and pocketed the money as well as keeping a $20,000 deposit on two cars he committed to order on Axl's behalf but failed to do so. We are suing to recover the money that Mr. Cohen converted for his own personal use and are asking for punitive damages to be awarded because of the intentional breach of contract and theft committed by the defendants. Over a period of 4 years Axl bought a number of cars from Mr. Cohen and had built what he thought was a trusting relationship with him. It is unfortunate that Mr. Cohen abused that trust and not only failed to deliver on his promises but also took over $150,000 of Axl's money. Axl has reluctantly sued because Mr. Cohen continually represented to Axl over the better part of a year that he would repay the money and broke each promise for repayment leaving Axl no choice but to file this complaint to get his money returned."

Howard Weitzman, Esq.
Greenberg Glusker

give em hell Axl.  Sue that crook. Angry
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2006, 10:04:10 PM »

Source
Entertainment Weekly - January 27, 2006 Edition

Article
Hit List by Dalton Ross (p12)

Mention
"#5.  Axl Rose sues auto dealership for allegedly not delivering two luxury cars.  You know our boy Axl.  He likes fast cars, fast women, fast exits from public consciousness..."

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
Goldie
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2006, 06:31:10 AM »

Since when is Axl Entertainment Weekly's boyHuh Huh

Funny I don't see them running articles on him WEEKLY! The man has to have trouble in his life before anyone will report it. The media Sucks! rant
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2006, 07:07:31 AM »

is Axl doin something else more interesting than sueing car dealerships? i don't think so. so what should they report about axl other than that? how he was a great rock star and how CD might come out this century?
until he does anything relevant in music or whatever he won't get articles. good one's that is.
it's not the media you should be angry at.

Chinese Democracy!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2006, 07:10:23 AM »

Funny I don't see them running articles on him WEEKLY! The man has to have trouble in his life before anyone will report it. The media Sucks! rant

I haven't read this magazine often in ?recent years, but they used to always be pro-GNR, and always gave GNR albums rave reviews. They were actually one of the only media outlets to give any attention to TSI. This magazine mostly deals with movies, music, and celebrities that have things happening in the present. When CD is released, this is one of the magazines guaranteed to have an Axl cover, and more than likely a very favorable review of CD. ok

WARose
Legend

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2006, 11:27:43 AM »

I haven't read this magazine often in ?recent years, but they used to always be pro-GNR, and always gave GNR albums rave reviews. They were actually one of the only media outlets to give any attention to TSI. This magazine mostly deals with movies, music, and celebrities that have things happening in the present. When CD is released, this is one of the magazines guaranteed to have an Axl cover, and more than likely a very favorable review of CD. ok

i think CD will speak for itself ok

but some nice reviews are fine, too......     

by the way it seems to me that except for some stupid radio dj`s, the media reconciled with axl. i think when cd comes out they`ll even be hungry to report it.... like the rolling stone and his axl interview....

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2006, 01:41:05 PM »

Source
Entertainment Weekly - January 27, 2006 Edition

Article
Hit List by Dalton Ross (p12)

Mention
"#5.? Axl Rose sues auto dealership for allegedly not delivering two luxury cars.? You know our boy Axl.? He likes fast cars, fast women, fast exits from public consciousness..."
The car dealership should be lucky ALL that Axl is doing is sueing them and not going down there and exlpoding on them like the ticking time bomb he is.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2006, 02:02:47 PM »

How dumb can the car dealer be? No way he was going to get away with it.  Screwing over a higher profile customer  like Axl is guaranteeing it hits the papers has got to be bad for business.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2006, 02:12:41 PM »

How dumb can the car dealer be? No way he was going to get away with it.? Screwing over a higher profile customer? like Axl is guaranteeing it hits the papers has got to be bad for business.
Maybe it is just me, but maybe the car dealer just wants some free publicity?  I mean he probalby knows that messing with Axl will cause media attention. 

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: