Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:37:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FAKE: cd mastering rumour (not CD)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAKE: cd mastering rumour (not CD)  (Read 30687 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2006, 07:27:33 PM »

There's a really, really simple answer to this, assuming for a moment that George *IS* mastering GNR's next release.

Perhaps the release is no longer called 'Chinese Democracy' - which would certainly make ALOT of Merck's recent comments alot more interesting.  Just a thought.  Its conjecture, nothing more.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2006, 07:32:22 PM »

Good point dark, Axl did refer to it as "the final Album". Why not 13 tracks will be on Chinese Democracy?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2006, 07:41:17 PM »

or the fact that CD is already done and this is the next album

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2006, 07:54:12 PM »

thats right, its sourced from a lefitlimate site and George Marino is very well known for his mastering. There must be some legitimacy here - possibly it is GH2 and hasnt been updated

I find it odd that Merck dissed sp1at in that way - why has communicated with them in the past if he feels this way?

sp1at likes people to think they have connections.  all they do is bug people to death.  remember the interviews brain did with them and people were dissing brain on the questions and answers (something about only being in GNR for the money)?  it's because brain KNOWS sp1ats reputation as a RUMOR board and gives it right back to them.

what is funny in all of this is everyone on here took the vernacular of big boss as gospel when in reality he runs a RUMOR board and conjures up BULLSHIT and rewrites everything to make it look legit.

who knows what is on sterling's site.  Hell, maybe it's VR's work and George Marino considers VR as Guns n' Roses.

Look at the bigger picture people.  You all do this to yourselves. 

WHEN CD IS READY, IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON VALID SITES, NEWS NETWORKS, MTV, VH1.............NOT off of sp1at conjuring up a finding off of a website that doesn't even have a title with the supposed Guns n' Roses mastering product.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2006, 07:57:38 PM »

who knows what is on sterling's site.  Hell, maybe it's VR's work and George Marino considers VR as Guns n' Roses.

Actually he did Contraband, so he knows who Velvet Revolver are.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2006, 08:01:40 PM »

who knows what is on sterling's site.? Hell, maybe it's VR's work and George Marino considers VR as Guns n' Roses.

Actually he did Contraband, so he knows who Velvet Revolver are.

I was being sarcastic.

reality is when CD is ready, we will see it on every news worthy site.  it will be shoved down our throats.  we won't be posting thread after thread of "is this or could this be CD?"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2006, 08:07:44 PM »

Those of you that think CD is completely done and ready and that this album being remastered is the second album have gone completely insane. Seek help. This could be CD, but I agree with the realists that its most likely GH2 or a song for one of these rumoured soundtracks. I also agree with whoever said that when CD is ready, it will be major news throughout all media and not just be a Sp1at rumour. ok

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2006, 08:15:53 PM »

Those of you that think CD is completely done and ready and that this album being remastered is the second album have gone completely insane. Seek help.ok

Theres the jameslofton29 I remember!? All hail the return of the negative one!!!

I'm just being my usual sarcastic self. You know I agree with you. hihi
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 08:20:08 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2006, 08:18:23 PM »

"2005 will be the year of Guns n' Roses"

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2006, 08:48:06 PM »

"2005 will be the year of Guns n' Roses"

Maybe 2005 was the year of the remastering of Guns N Roses. hihi

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2006, 09:05:03 PM »

sorry, but Guns N Roses = Heavy Metal ?!

or is this guy?s opinion based on what he is hearing in the mastering process of the songs?

umm, here's a quiz for you: What award did WTTJ pick up at the 1988 AMA?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2006, 09:34:27 PM »

Maybe.....Merck means that he is not mastering the SONG Chinese Democracy.....that song is probably already mastered, and he is mastering other songs, who fucking knows what album they may come out on, if ever...... Smiley

Behold, the evil that men do...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

"
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2006, 09:49:14 PM »

sorry, but Guns N Roses = Heavy Metal ?!

or is this guy?s opinion based on what he is hearing in the mastering process of the songs?

umm, here's a quiz for you: What award did WTTJ pick up at the 1988 AMA?

that?s diferent, couse AFD IS a "metal/hard rock" record... but most of the singles of UYI & II [ don?t cry, november rain, yesterdays, KOHD, Civil War ] is not "metal" and couse of these hits GNR became much more popular

I just said that because Bon Jovi is rock, but most of the people that hears those new GNR songs says to me that Axl is making "balads" again, and maybe he compared both new albuns - Bon Jovi and Guns that he is mastering - and thou that the new GNR is more Heavy Metal than Bon Jovi?s... so that?s an answer to these people that are sayin that Guns is not "Rock n Roll" anymore because of Madagascar, The Blues etc...

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2006, 09:50:45 PM »

here is the email i sent merck:

Subject: Websites reporting GNR CD Being mastered

Thank you in advance for clearing this up, as the GNR world is getting pretty antsy, and if this isn't true people should know now.

Websites such as sp1at.com are reporting that George Marino has been delivered Chinese Democracy and started mastering it late last year.

Is this true?

HIS RESPONSE to thenewguns.com (which has been forwarded to jarmo at htgth if no one believes me)

This is rubbish as is most of what splat speculate on.

http://www.thenewguns.com/MetaBB/viewtopic.php?t=2492&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

can you please email him back asking IF CD is already in the mastering process?

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2006, 10:06:34 PM »

HE IS MASTERING CHINESE DEMOCRACY - HOW OBVIOUS DOES IT NEED TO BE...?
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2006, 10:41:43 PM »

thats right, its sourced from a lefitlimate site and George Marino is very well known for his mastering. There must be some legitimacy here - possibly it is GH2 and hasnt been updated

I find it odd that Merck dissed sp1at in that way - why has communicated with them in the past if he feels this way?

sp1at likes people to think they have connections.  all they do is bug people to death.  remember the interviews brain did with them and people were dissing brain on the questions and answers (something about only being in GNR for the money)?  it's because brain KNOWS sp1ats reputation as a RUMOR board and gives it right back to them.

what is funny in all of this is everyone on here took the vernacular of big boss as gospel when in reality he runs a RUMOR board and conjures up BULLSHIT and rewrites everything to make it look legit.

Look at the bigger picture people.  You all do this to yourselves. 

WHEN CD IS READY, IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON VALID SITES, NEWS NETWORKS, MTV, VH1.............NOT off of sp1at conjuring up a finding off of a website that doesn't even have a title with the supposed Guns n' Roses mastering product.

Yes your right, when CD is done it will be announced everywhere, this has been the line that management have given the world since 99 "when we have something to say we will announce it to everybody at the same time". From reading your post i get the impression you just want everyone to shut up and wait for management to tell us that CD is coming out! 75% of the posts on the major GnR message boards are about CD rumours. After 14 years of waiting pretty much everything about the old band has been disscussed. Half the fun, for me anyway is coming onto these boards to see the latest bout of rumours that are coming out!

As for Sp1at, the site meerly posts the info it gets. For instance Sp1at meerly provided everyone else with the link to the Sterling website. They didnt make anything up, its there for everyone to look at! What motivation do the members have to make stuff up..... at the end of the day we all want the same thing.... a god damn Guns n Roses album!

You yourself admit that Sp1at has connections in your post, how else do you think they got in contact with Brain! Sp1at uses the connections that some of its members have to try and get information on CD, some people have a problem with this and i can understand why, but if they dont like it they should just dismiss it and then keep quiet. To immediatly dismiss the site as producing bullshit is a bit harsh!

Mercks comments are to be expected, its his job to deny everything about CD.

Jonx
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2006, 10:49:56 PM »

Didnt your mother ever warn you about making assumptions?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2006, 10:51:56 PM »

Marino mastered something associated with GnR. It had to be some kind of new material.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2006, 10:53:03 PM »

I have a feeling you said that in 2002.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2006, 11:02:08 PM »

Marino mastered something associated with GnR. It had to be some kind of new material.

No its doesnt have to be "new" material at all. It could be an old live show that universal is planning on releasing or anything from the old band.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: