Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:33:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  drugs or drink
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: drugs or drink  (Read 10620 times)
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« on: January 25, 2006, 01:39:59 AM »

whats worse to be an alcoholic or a drug addict ?
both are bad right.but after years of studing drugs i gave them up.but recently took it up again.it's just a once in the blue thing you know.but don't want to go to bad habbits again.i started thinking that being drunk was better.but im not quite sure right now.i know this will get deleted prolly but what is worse for a person,alcolhol or drugs ?

the one an only horsey !
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 01:47:25 AM »

i mean im not giving myself excuses,just looking for answers right now.

the one an only horsey !
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 01:51:45 AM »

I would say drugs, because they seem to be more addicting. Drugs like Meth and Crack can do serious damage in a short period of time.

Alcohol isn't good either, but it can be taken in moderation. My family has a bad history with it. And thats one of the main reasons why I don't drink. Alcoholics are hard to live with, straight up. I don't wish it on anyone.

You should think of what's best for you, and for the ones who love you.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 02:06:15 AM by journey » Logged
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 01:56:40 AM »

i have sense in my head.i know whats wrong and right.but sometimes right can be wrong.im not sure but this thing seems like i can slap myself out of it.im not really hooked on anything but life right now and not looking to be.

the one an only horsey !
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 01:58:15 AM »

Drugs obviously. More addictive, more damaging.  no

Fuck 'Em All.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 02:01:57 AM »

it's been like 6 years and when my dog was put to sleep.i had fallen back.but since then just dabbling with some things.i can only hope it ends as fast as it started back up.im not saying running to the nearest rehabs or anything.

the one an only horsey !
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 02:12:17 AM »

I would have to say I think you need some help to deal with why you are doing this to yourself. ?Both alcohol & drugs are damaging, when not done in moderation. ?Serious drugs are probably more addictive, I would think, but just as bad as alcoholism, when you are only hurting yourself. ?A "once in the blue thing" can become an everyday thing, but I have a feeling you know that already. ?Neither one is a better choice because of the damage it does to you and those who love & care about you. ? I don't even know who you are or anything about you, but my thoughts are with you right now. ?It's got to be a very difficult situation to be in. ?And hopefully, there will be support for you, here. ? ? ? ? ?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 02:47:31 AM »

If you are an addictive personality, they are both bad.

If you really think you need help, go to an AA meeting or NA meeting where people can really help you. People who can relate to you in that regard.

NOT a GnR message board.

My .02 cents.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 03:51:40 AM »

alcohol is a drug and a potent one at that

both can be abused and as bad as one another I guess

drinking can be very destructive as can drugs (especially the harder variety)

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Evolution
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 10:13:43 AM »

Both are bad, but drug habits hits your finance harder.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 11:43:18 AM »

my two cents:
I think they are both "bad" when overdone...alcohol tends to get a lighter rap cause it's legal and it's more socially acceptable to be an asshole on alcohol than on coke, crack, pot, whatever...alcohol access is much easier (which makes it a bit more dangerous for those who tend to over-indulge a good thing) than drugs--you can ALWAYS find alcohol , whereas if your waiting for your dealer, you're waiting for your dealer...both are bad in excess
Sterlingdog
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 12:18:01 PM »

You don't need to do any of it.

But in my experience in social services, working with various substance abusers, I can say that the drug addicts were almost always far worse off than the alcoholics.  Physically, emotionally, financially, they were the most pathetic.  They even smell worse. 

So if you don't want to end up in one of my facilities, I recommend getting some real help, if you can't just stop on your own.  Of course even if you can stop, some decent therapy would be a good idea so you can learn to cope with life.
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 12:40:49 PM »

How can you say if either are 'worse' than each other.  Both from a habit outlook breed the same problems and issues.  Its an addiction thats the problem not the source of it. 

The main difference is that its socially more acceptable to have a drink problem than a drug one.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 12:52:05 PM »

Both are bad, but worst is drugs i think its more addicted, as for alcohol is quiecker to let it go.

No man can be my equal
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 12:57:48 PM »

Both are bad, but worst is drugs i think its more addicted, as for alcohol is quiecker to let it go.

And what proof have you to back up this statement?  How is alchohol any easier to 'let it go' then drugs?  If anything alchohol is more readily avaliable to an addict because it is sold in most shops and for the most part, a lot cheaper.

Families have been ripped apart by both things and one thing is sure, not one is easy to stop.  Not one is worse than the other. 

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 01:19:47 PM »

im saying this on here because i want to not for attention ok.it's just a subject that i need to discuss.and im not addictive person but do like drinking.i gave up drugs because of the money i used to spend.it made me nervous everytime after that.when i had some extra cash in hand.i can't aford a habbit anyhows.i know better it hasn't got me that bad just yet and don't plan on it.im saying someting instead of holding it in.that s bad to do hold things in like that.talking sure helps me think better.with a few opinions help too.

the one an only horsey !
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 01:24:48 PM »

Both are bad, but drug habits hits your finance harder.

You'll end up in the pawn shop either way................ Tongue
sandman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 02:11:37 PM »

whats worse to be an alcoholic or a drug addict ?
both are bad right.but after years of studing drugs i gave them up.but recently took it up again.it's just a once in the blue thing you know.but don't want to go to bad habbits again.i started thinking that being drunk was better.but im not quite sure right now.i know this will get deleted prolly but what is worse for a person,alcolhol or drugs ?

it depends on what drugs you're talking about.

alcohol is much better than drugs (it's not even close), UNLESS you are talking about pot. i still think alcohol is not as bad as pot, but you could make an argument about it.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 02:16:54 PM »

im saying this on here because i want to not for attention ok.it's just a subject that i need to discuss.and im not addictive person but do like drinking.i gave up drugs because of the money i used to spend.it made me nervous everytime after that.when i had some extra cash in hand.i can't aford a habbit anyhows.i know better it hasn't got me that bad just yet and don't plan on it.im saying someting instead of holding it in.that s bad to do hold things in like that.talking sure helps me think better.with a few opinions help too.

I think you should put both down... I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but they've been making you constantly post back-to-back... nervous
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 02:17:29 PM »

the drugs and alcohol, that is... they are making you post back-to-back often....
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: