Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 07:39:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228419 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 215002 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #480 on: January 28, 2006, 10:04:43 PM »

OMFG
don?t say that that AWFUL bicycle with GUNS N ROSES writen in PAINTBRUSH SPRAY is the cover of the album... AXL, PLEASE, NO DUDE

The one we saw was FAKE. We never got to see the real cover

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #481 on: January 28, 2006, 11:51:53 PM »

Hey guys. I posted the whole interview over at a livejournal. I cleaned it up a bit too.. gave it a more professional feel..

Overall tried to make it an easier read.

http://jacktopia.livejournal.com/2012.html?mode=reply

gnrevolution.com
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #482 on: January 29, 2006, 06:20:11 AM »

In terms of the tracklisting on Chinese Democracy, what is your favorite track on the album?

umm... I don't know... last year Brain had this song called 'the General' that was really cool... and another song called "we were lying [not sure if thats the name he said]" ... I don't know [Dizzy shrugs]

So wait a minute. We heard rumours before that "the general" will be on CD. How about "we were lying" ?? This is something new that we have not heard before. Means one more new songtitle guys!!

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Warren
« Reply #483 on: January 29, 2006, 06:27:36 AM »

On Izzy:? But, its almost like the guy has lost the fire... I mean I saw the guy a couple years back in the studio... and he was showing me a song he had just written called "Toothpuller" - it was literally about him visiting the dentist and getting a tooth pulled out.? [Dizzy then sings some of the lyrics] I mean... this is a guy who wrote some badass songs and now he's writing about getting his tooth pulled... I mean come on...

I'd prefer a song about visiting the dentist than one about taxes (IRS), or about silkworms... ok

About Izzy having lost the fire, that's something Mr. Dizzy Reed will never have to personally worry about.
You can't lose something you never had...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 08:43:44 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #484 on: January 29, 2006, 07:17:59 AM »

In terms of the tracklisting on Chinese Democracy, what is your favorite track on the album?

umm... I don't know... last year Brain had this song called 'the General' that was really cool... and another song called "we were lying [not sure if thats the name he said]" ... I don't know [Dizzy shrugs]

So wait a minute. We heard rumours before that "the general" will be on CD. How about "we were lying" ?? This is something new that we have not heard before. Means one more new songtitle guys!!

I can probably verify that second song title if I watched the footage enough times... give me a sec.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #485 on: January 29, 2006, 10:31:53 AM »

Mad88, thats for going through all the trouble and BS, you had to deal with while posting this stuff. the gnr community can be a cruel and often times downright  mean and unappreciatative. But for myself I just wanna say thanks for posting your interview. It was a good read, (myself) wasnt lookin for any earth shatttering news, have met the diswald myself and hes a great person, an is open to talk with fans .

(one of my favorite moments, was while he was performing and richard and he and the band had a botle of jeigermiester and he poured me a shot from the stage Smiley ), also was a night that richard fortus came on to help him out with a few tunes on stage at the LIONS DEN here in NYC).

SO just want to say thanks , and rock the fuck on!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
JAC185
« Reply #486 on: January 29, 2006, 12:05:35 PM »

I can probably verify that second song title if I watched the footage enough times... give me a sec.

Thanks for typing the whole thing up man, and thanks for bothering to ask what questions people wanted asked and all that, i hope everyone realises you didn't HAVE to do that.

Just wondering if you could confirm that song title?

Sounds an interesting title, all the others that have been mentioned seem to generally be one or two word titles, i know this is only three words but the rest seem to be names e.g The Blues, General, Madagascar instead of phrases like this
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2006, 12:25:35 PM »

Like I said at the 'other' forum, you asked some really great questions. The questions are the best part of the interview. His answers leave way too much to the imagination. Someone needs to ask Dizzy point blank if he is still a member of Guns N Roses, because with these new answers that give new meaning to the word vague, I'm starting to wonder if Axl didn't fire him, and he just hasn't found out yet.

those are great questions.. I haven't even looked at this thread until now.. Just figured another dizzy reed blah blah nowhere know nothin ginterview.. Pretty much the same old answers not knowing ....

CD is more like a cause then an album.. So in the closet people trying to get it to happen, no one really knowing anything except axl..

There's way to much to read into and guess very general answers..
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 12:32:22 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #488 on: January 29, 2006, 12:28:18 PM »

You know you have to elaborate on (but guys, don't give up because from talking to him over the weekend- there's one thing coming up that gives me reason to believe that the staging for the release is underway), otherwise it's just attention seeking? Tongue

I think we should lock both Madagascar88 and Madison from MyGNR in a room.

I can imagine the conversation:

Madagascar88: So, what did Axl tell you?
Madison: In 2002 he told me the title of the first Chinese Democracy single
Madagascar88: Cool, Dizzy told me something big that's going to happen with the band in 2006
Madison: Awesome, what's that?
Madagascar88: You go first
Madison: No really, I insist
Madagascar88: Only after you tell me the name of the single
Madison: .....
Madagascar88: .....

!!!!!!!!HEADS EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!

the name of the single hihi rofl That one cracked me up.. I know tons of people asked after she said axl told her the single's title but would neevr reveal it...
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #489 on: January 29, 2006, 12:31:43 PM »

On Izzy:? But, its almost like the guy has lost the fire... I mean I saw the guy a couple years back in the studio... and he was showing me a song he had just written called "Toothpuller" - it was literally about him visiting the dentist and getting a tooth pulled out.? [Dizzy then sings some of the lyrics] I mean... this is a guy who wrote some badass songs and now he's writing about getting his tooth pulled... I mean come on...

I'd prefer a song about visiting the dentist than one about taxes (IRS), or about silkworms... ok

About Izzy having lost the fire, that's something Mr. Dizzy Reed will never have to personally worry about.

so if you prefer that songs.. shut up and dont post here.. go to the Ex Gunners part of the forum and talk about those songs... ok

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Warren
« Reply #490 on: January 29, 2006, 01:02:13 PM »

so if you prefer that songs.. shut up and dont post here.. go to the Ex Gunners part of the forum and talk about those songs... ok

Hey Mr. wanna-be mod,
Just because I don't like Silkworms, IRS or Dizzy Reed doesn't mean I'm not a GN'R fan.

I don't like Riad and the beduins either, you know...
Origen
« Reply #491 on: January 29, 2006, 01:24:08 PM »

You know you have to elaborate on (but guys, don't give up because from talking to him over the weekend- there's one thing coming up that gives me reason to believe that the staging for the release is underway), otherwise it's just attention seeking? Tongue

Madagascar88: Cool, Dizzy told me something big that's going to happen with the band in 2006

the name of the single hihi rofl That one cracked me up.. I know tons of people asked after she said axl told her the single's title but would neevr reveal it...

And does miss Madison not think think that in 4 years Axl just might of changed his mind.

Catcher in the Rye will (was) ment to be the first single because I remember in 2002 it was reported that the band had filmed that video for it in China
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #492 on: January 29, 2006, 02:15:30 PM »

Thanks for typing the whole thing up man, and thanks for bothering to ask what questions people wanted asked and all that, i hope everyone realises you didn't HAVE to do that.

Sounds an interesting title, all the others that have been mentioned seem to generally be one or two word titles, i know this is only three words but the rest seem to be names e.g The Blues, General, Madagascar instead of phrases like this

i'd have to get it on my computer or something before I can do that well unfortunately... right now I'm still rewatching it on my non-digital camcorder.

it's definitely "we were ____" ... the last word sounds like "lying" or "line" or something.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #493 on: January 29, 2006, 02:30:19 PM »

i'd have to get it on my computer or something before I can do that well unfortunately... right now I'm still rewatching it on my non-digital camcorder.

it's definitely "we were ____" ... the last word sounds like "lying" or "line" or something.

Hi Maddy88... What's your view on CD. Is it going to come out or are we going to see it this year? You can email me instead of posting here. I know there's lot of dickheads who already criticise you for posting the interview thread. Thanks

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #494 on: January 29, 2006, 02:50:47 PM »

Maddy88, thank you for the information.  Over the past few years, there has been so much mis-information thrown around, some members here doubt anything new is true. 

For whatever reason, the "big news" from Part IV had to be left out I assume.  I'm sure you and/or Dizzy had your reasons.  Highend88 asks a good question.  Do you think CD's arriving this year?

beer   

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #495 on: January 29, 2006, 02:52:26 PM »

And does miss Madison not think think that in 4 years Axl just might of changed his mind.

Catcher in the Rye will (was) ment to be the first single because I remember in 2002 it was reported that the band had filmed that video for it in China

of course that would be the logical thing, or maybe not .. ?Why switch the single, if it was the first choice then why not now too? They may have never done an ounce of new material since then only brushed up the old, like re doing parts...

Bottom line is if you knew something wether it came out as a yes or a no it would have been fun to just know what he said..
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #496 on: January 29, 2006, 06:11:30 PM »

CITR was said to be the 3rd single off of CD not the first. And the Video thing was BS

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #497 on: January 29, 2006, 06:28:32 PM »

I believe she said at one point that it was a one-word title that ended with the letter "a".

"Insomnia" is my guess. Only Uncle Axl knows for sure!

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #498 on: January 29, 2006, 07:09:06 PM »

These 'interviews' further enhance my belief that the 'band members' have little to no clue as to what form/shape the songs/album will take. I would imagine that they jammed a whole lot of riffs/segments of songs  some time ago, with some loose direction given, and that Axl has been piecing this thing together bit by bit since with added bits and pieces along the way

The 'band' will basically have to learn the arrangments prior to doing any shows.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #499 on: January 29, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »

These 'interviews' further enhance my belief that the 'band members' have little to no clue as to what form/shape the songs/album will take. I would imagine that they jammed a whole lot of riffs/segments of songs? some time ago, with some loose direction given, and that Axl has been piecing this thing together bit by bit since with added bits and pieces along the way

The 'band' will basically have to learn the arrangments prior to doing any shows.

sounds pretty much like how it is.. Either they know and act like they don't or axl really runs eevrything and keeps them out of the loop..
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: