Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 07:38:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228419 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 215001 times)
madagas
« Reply #440 on: January 27, 2006, 11:42:57 AM »

management makes money from touring! I don't know about the record company but management certainly does. Axl doesn't book the gigs and negotiate the rates by himself.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #441 on: January 27, 2006, 11:48:41 AM »

management makes money from touring! I don't know about the record company but management certainly does. Axl doesn't book the gigs and negotiate the rates by himself.

i don`t think the record company makes money out of the concerts.   but well...i don`t know shit hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #442 on: January 27, 2006, 11:54:21 AM »

It is well known that both sides of management float the reunion thing out there, and have for quite some time

That statement right there throws your credibility right out the window and null's the rest of your post. Do you honestly think that guns management would be pulling for a reunion when they have so much on the line right now? Don't think so. That and the fact that Axl would probably kill them for even thinking it.? ok

Who said they are "pulling" for a reunion?? ?"Floating" means, it is mentioned every now and then, on purpose, just to get a little sense of the other camp's position and feeling is at the time.? ?A little smell test of sorts. It most likely is done without many people even knowing it happens (i am sure Axl is not always aware), and sometimes not even done on purpose.? Maybe buddies from both camps get together and talk, and discuss the possibility of working together again in the future, and if they think this would be plausible.? It happens, and it has happened, and it will continue to happen.? You have to be from Mars, or do not understand the industry, to think that this has not been "floated" out their and discussed.? Trust me, and I am not trying to be condescending at all, but my post is the most rational in this string of irrational obsession.? To clarify, I am sure the current Mgt. team is focused on getting Chinese Democracy into the record stores, to start making some money.

Like I said, who knows what happens.? But I would assume, that at some point, in some way we will see a reunion (anyone inside the business, albeit Sanctuary and Universal knows this).? Moreover, I don't know if we will see the album, and if we do, I guess we may see the new band tour, but it increasingly seems from their various comments that they are kind of on the outside looking in.? I think the album maybe released, with no tour.? The Beatles did this from Sgt. Peppers onward--album, no tour.

Its not going to happen. Slash already said he would not reunite with Axl right now. So stop with this, its just not going to happen.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #443 on: January 27, 2006, 11:58:14 AM »

It is well known that both sides of management float the reunion thing out there, and have for quite some time

That statement right there throws your credibility right out the window and null's the rest of your post. Do you honestly think that guns management would be pulling for a reunion when they have so much on the line right now? Don't think so. That and the fact that Axl would probably kill them for even thinking it.? ok

Who said they are "pulling" for a reunion?? ?"Floating" means, it is mentioned every now and then, on purpose, just to get a little sense of the other camp's position and feeling is at the time.? ?A little smell test of sorts. It most likely is done without many people even knowing it happens (i am sure Axl is not always aware), and sometimes not even done on purpose.? Maybe buddies from both camps get together and talk, and discuss the possibility of working together again in the future, and if they think this would be plausible.? It happens, and it has happened, and it will continue to happen.? You have to be from Mars, or do not understand the industry, to think that this has not been "floated" out their and discussed.? Trust me, and I am not trying to be condescending at all, but my post is the most rational in this string of irrational obsession.? To clarify, I am sure the current Mgt. team is focused on getting Chinese Democracy into the record stores, to start making some money.

Like I said, who knows what happens.? But I would assume, that at some point, in some way we will see a reunion (anyone inside the business, albeit Sanctuary and Universal knows this).? Moreover, I don't know if we will see the album, and if we do, I guess we may see the new band tour, but it increasingly seems from their various comments that they are kind of on the outside looking in.? I think the album maybe released, with no tour.? The Beatles did this from Sgt. Peppers onward--album, no tour.

Its not going to happen. Slash already said he would not reunite with Axl right now. So stop with this, its just not going to happen.

when did he said that?

and what do you think would happen if axl`d actually ask? hihi   i`m not saying he would do it then.....but he`d definitely think about it....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #444 on: January 27, 2006, 12:06:21 PM »

Please Dave, and some others, read the full post before making an untruthful response. ?I am not implying a reuninon is IMMINENT. ?I am saying, that at some point in the next ten years, it most likely will happen. ?Some of you need to read the full posts, before making your pre-conceived comments. ?It is really frustrating, and the lack of rational thinking drives away those who will provide valid insight into Chinese Democracy, and the current band. ?Please, try to comprehend, use logic, avoid insults, and think before throwing out rabid posts full of nothing but garrulous non-sense. ?There are people who read this board, willing to share information, but will not because of the irrational nature of many that post here. ?It is a very small minority of posters (and Dave, I replied to your post, but am not referring to you in particular), but after reading some of these threads, it is quite apparent that their are some fairly quad-polar morons who are more than likely missing some neurological pathways. ?I am not necessarily endorsing labotomies, but maybe a few reading comprehension courses and lithium orotate would help:) Wink Smiley ok

I want to clarify again: ?I am not saying there will be any kind of near term reunion, but at some point in the future I would imagine it is a likelihood. ok

Peace, and TGIF!!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #445 on: January 27, 2006, 12:08:40 PM »

Please Dave, and some others, read the full post before making an untruthful response. ?I am not implying a reuninon is IMMINENT. ?I am saying, that at some point in the next ten years, it most likely will happen. ?Some of you need to read the full posts, before making your pre-conceived comments. ?It is really frustrating, and the lack of rational thinking drives away those who will provide valid insight into Chinese Democracy, and the current band. ?Please, try to comprehend, use logic, avoid insults, and think before throwing out rabid posts full of nothing but garrulous non-sense. ?There are people who read this board, willing to share information, but will not because of the irrational nature of many that post here. ?It is a very small minority of posters (and Dave, I replied to your post, but am not referring to you in particular), but after reading some of these threads, it is quite apparent that their are some fairly quad-polar morons who are more than likely missing some neurological pathways. ?I am not necessarily endorsing labotomies, but maybe a few reading comprehension courses and lithium orotate would help:) Wink Smiley ok

I want to clarify again: ?I am not saying there will be any kind of near term reunion, but at some point in the future I would imagine it is a likelihood. ok

Peace, and TGIF!!

You said the next time gnr play live it will be with the old band minus Dizzy, so what did you mean by that?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #446 on: January 27, 2006, 12:37:57 PM »

i don`t think that the next gnr show will include skash and duff, but it`s even mor unrealistic that itwill happen wihtout dizzy then i think.....

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #447 on: January 27, 2006, 12:47:27 PM »

Peace, and TGIF!!

You said the next time gnr play live it will be with the old band minus Dizzy, so what did you mean by that?

Read please, that is not what I said.  Here is exactly, verbatim what I said (note the definition of "hypothesizing.")  Go back to my original post if you want to confirm.  This is my last post, clarifying what I said.  I would really recomend utilizing objectivity, and attempting not to take things out of context in the future.  It will ensure that those on the inside will be more confident in giving some advanced info to the GNR fans at this site.

"I think that we could hear some of the new bands' work this year, but I would imagine the next time we see GNR live, it will be the original band, maybe without Dizzy after this weird move.

Who knows, I am just hypothesizing."
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #448 on: January 27, 2006, 01:02:02 PM »

I said I would never post in this thread again but I lied.

I just want to say sorry to madagascar88 for doubting him and especially the PM I sent you. I am sorry. I am not saying I believe every single thing you post but I do now believe you are legit...

Your interview and (30 of 31 pictures) are very interesting to look into and I'm sure everybody will agree, we're interesting in the 4th installment.

By the way, did anybody notice that Dizzy Reed looks kinda like a vampire? He looks like he's thristy for blood...
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #449 on: January 27, 2006, 01:29:24 PM »

I said I would never post in this thread again but I lied.

I just want to say sorry to madagascar88 for doubting him and especially the PM I sent you. I am sorry. I am not saying I believe every single thing you post but I do now believe you are legit...

Your interview and (30 of 31 pictures) are very interesting to look into and I'm sure everybody will agree, we're interesting in the 4th installment.

By the way, did anybody notice that Dizzy Reed looks kinda like a vampire? He looks like he's thristy for blood...

I want to also say this:  I recant on my earlier post saying this was a bad move by Dizzy.  I actually think this is super, super cool after viewing those pictures.  He made those guy's year, and they will have this pledge to remember the rest of their lives.  It is very cool to see them, also, getting to jam with him!! 

The only thing that disturbed me, was the lack of common sense, when quoting Dizzy.  I think, basically, that an eighteen year old kid made a judgement mistake, but no harm no foul.  I think Dizzy, also, is handling this fine. 

Madagascar88, that was pretty groovy to get the Dizzmaster to play at your house.  Best of wishes to all.

I still think there will be a reunion in the next ten years (I think, don't know for sure, no sources--Hypothetically speaking), with Dizzy involved.  Now that the smoke has cleared a little, this whole deal looks a little more harmless.

I love the fact that Dizzy went out to see these kid's, pretty cool!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #450 on: January 27, 2006, 01:30:56 PM »

Wow! Great answers. Ta, M88! Cheesy

the best band... the lineup that we had in 2002 is the best band that I ever played with.

Jolly good!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #451 on: January 27, 2006, 02:17:49 PM »

Ok....photoshopping 36 pics would be very difficult! Diddn't mean to give you a hard time Madagascar88. Just wasn't your best move to paraphrase thinks and embellish where there was no need to. You even got Lisa Reed's attention with the interview! Looking forward to part 4.

I hope Journalism is not your major  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #452 on: January 27, 2006, 06:00:27 PM »

Here is your big Sanctuary event.  I wonder if it's related to anything guns, or everybody getting their severance package and walking papers.

http://www.velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=735671&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #453 on: January 27, 2006, 06:11:20 PM »

I hope Journalism is not your major  hihi
I wish Journalism was the major of many rock writers.  hihi
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #454 on: January 27, 2006, 10:32:16 PM »

I hope Journalism is not your major? hihi
I wish Journalism was the major of many rock writers.? hihi

I think it was Frank Zappa who said :

"Rock journalism is about people who can't speak, written by people who can't write, for people who can't read" or something similar..  Wink

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #455 on: January 28, 2006, 07:12:16 AM »

I can't believe that noone has commented this part:

What was the last time that all the members of the band were together in the same location?

Umm... Madison Square Garden.. 2002. [Dizzy laughs]

If it's true than someone missed the Philly riot...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #456 on: January 28, 2006, 11:08:57 AM »

Not only that, but Dizzy says Axl is mentally stable to tour, but admits that he doesn't hang out with anyone but the members of H&B

So how can Dizzy make that deduction about Axl if he hasn't even seen him? Huh
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #457 on: January 28, 2006, 11:42:57 AM »

I can't believe that noone has commented this part:

What was the last time that all the members of the band were together in the same location?

Umm... Madison Square Garden.. 2002. [Dizzy laughs]

If it's true than someone missed the Philly riot...

Maybe not all band members were in Philadelphia....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #458 on: January 28, 2006, 12:33:31 PM »

That's what I was talking about. Maybe the 'ill' bandmember failed to arrive...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
geographicaloddity
Headliner

two weeks from everywhere

« Reply #459 on: January 28, 2006, 02:04:06 PM »

Not only that, but Dizzy says Axl is mentally stable to tour, but admits that he doesn't hang out with anyone but the members of H&B

So how can Dizzy make that deduction about Axl if he hasn't even seen him? Huh
you don't have to hang out with someone on a daily basis to know how they are doing. I go weeks without seeing my best  friends but still talk to them inbetween and know if they are healthy or not
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: