Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 07:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228419 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 215045 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #420 on: January 27, 2006, 12:52:19 AM »

Where's jamesloften and leesixxrose now?? ?Grin

still here.. still reading... i still dont belive all that shit about the VR members wanting to reunite or that he has any "inside info" ... coz i belive that at the end of this week, next week, this month, next month.. when ever there is still going to be no event that give any news to CD release or a tour...

The part where Dizzy says they havent all been in the same room since MSG is just sad to me... what kind of a band is this???

If ya dont like it dont read it man. Simple as that.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #421 on: January 27, 2006, 01:26:58 AM »

Where's jamesloften and leesixxrose now?? ?Grin

still here.. still reading... i still dont belive all that shit about the VR members wanting to reunite or that he has any "inside info" ... coz i belive that at the end of this week, next week, this month, next month.. when ever there is still going to be no event that give any news to CD release or a tour...

The part where Dizzy says they havent all been in the same room since MSG is just sad to me... what kind of a band is this???

If ya dont like it dont read it man. Simple as that.

peace

Thanks for the tip! beer
Warren
« Reply #422 on: January 27, 2006, 01:37:29 AM »

Which version do you prefer ?

1) Madagascar88 although being a fool didn't lie. Reed's words are true, but unacceptable for any GN'R fan.

2) Madagascar88 did a fake interview. Which implies that is an asshole (sorry Jarmo, I can't find another word for this kind of thing).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 01:47:42 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #423 on: January 27, 2006, 01:39:29 AM »

1) Madagascar88 although being a fool didn't lie. Reed's words are true, but unacceptable for a GN'R fan.

2) Madagascar88 did a fake interview. Which implies is an asshole (sorry Jarmo, I can't find another word for this kind of thing).

How bout the one where were actually grateful for the interview and quit acting like jackasses?

gnrevolution.com
Warren
« Reply #424 on: January 27, 2006, 01:41:02 AM »

1) Madagascar88 although being a fool didn't lie. Reed's words are true, but unacceptable for a GN'R fan.

2) Madagascar88 did a fake interview. Which implies is an asshole (sorry Jarmo, I can't find another word for this kind of thing).

How bout the one where were actually grateful for the interview and quit acting like jackasses?
You start.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #425 on: January 27, 2006, 01:43:43 AM »

I will tell you all a few quick things I know. ?It is well known that both sides of management float the reunion thing out there, and have for quite some time, and will until it happens. ?I would bet the house that it will at some point. ?Way, way, way too much money on the line for it not to.

Secondly, why did this college grad, who is no doubt a bright lad, let the whole world know about this? ?No common sense whatsover. ?Just completely blew this for Dizzy. ?And blew his chance for inside info, and priveliged treatment down the road. ?It's one thing to talk about it, but quite another to completely document this whole thing. ?Not bright at all!!

But, for God's sake, what is Dizzy doing at a frat house, knowing that 18 year olds do not have great judgement and will discuss this publically ?(was he really saying all these kinds of things)? ?I know he was maybe trying to be nice, or wanted to revisit his college (wild booze laden, speed driven, orgy) day's again, but this is the kind of stuff that can destroy reputations. ?Not a brilliant move. ?It really makes one question how serious this new band is, or if there really is any current movement towards a release of live dates??? ?If they were getting ready for a release, their publicist would have squashed Dizzy's frat party attendance in one second--or at least told him: ?"no interviews, pictures, or videotaped interviews for sure. ?Dizzy would not have made this kind of a trip if the album was being prepped. ?Really weird, although it could end up being a brilliant PR move in some whacked-out, GNR way???

I think that we could hear some of the new bands' work this year, but I would imagine the next time we see GNR live, it will be the original band, maybe without Dizzy after this weird move.

Who knows, I am just hypothesizing.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #426 on: January 27, 2006, 01:52:45 AM »

Fuck dizzy was probably just out for a fun time, had a cocktail too many and got a little loose lipped because he liked the young lad.

Leave the guy along. its not like dizzy said 'axl likes having anal sex with male midgets dressed up in turtle suits' or anything. he didn't really give that much info at all.

whille entertaining...definitely not something someone would make up or get kicked out of a band for.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #427 on: January 27, 2006, 01:54:07 AM »

but I would imagine the next time we see GNR live, it will be the original band, maybe without Dizzy after this weird move.

Huh? I'm sorry but that is just so wildly imaginative and liberally erroneous, I have to get Chomsky on the phone.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #428 on: January 27, 2006, 02:15:55 AM »

I will tell you all a few quick things I know. ?It is well known that both sides of management float the reunion thing out there, and have for quite some time, and will until it happens. ?I would bet the house that it will at some point. ?Way, way, way too much money on the line for it not to.

Secondly, why did this college grad, who is no doubt a bright lad, let the whole world know about this? ?No common sense whatsover. ?Just completely blew this for Dizzy. ?And blew his chance for inside info, and priveliged treatment down the road. ?It's one thing to talk about it, but quite another to completely document this whole thing. ?Not bright at all!!

But, for God's sake, what is Dizzy doing at a frat house, knowing that 18 year olds do not have great judgement and will discuss this publically ?(was he really saying all these kinds of things)? ?I know he was maybe trying to be nice, or wanted to revisit his college (wild booze laden, speed driven, orgy) day's again, but this is the kind of stuff that can destroy reputations. ?Not a brilliant move. ?It really makes one question how serious this new band is, or if there really is any current movement towards a release of live dates??? ?If they were getting ready for a release, their publicist would have squashed Dizzy's frat party attendance in one second--or at least told him: ?"no interviews, pictures, or videotaped interviews for sure. ?Dizzy would not have made this kind of a trip if the album was being prepped. ?Really weird, although it could end up being a brilliant PR move in some whacked-out, GNR way???

I think that we could hear some of the new bands' work this year, but I would imagine the next time we see GNR live, it will be the original band, maybe without Dizzy after this weird move.

Who knows, I am just hypothesizing.

There is going to be no reunion.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Warren
« Reply #429 on: January 27, 2006, 02:19:40 AM »

There is going to be no Guns n'Roses.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #430 on: January 27, 2006, 02:29:24 AM »

Not without Paul Tobias at the very least.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #431 on: January 27, 2006, 02:43:07 AM »

whatever you say but the one thing i've learned from being a GNR fan is that you never know what is going to happen and i can't wait to see what we've all been waiting for, for so long!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Warren
« Reply #432 on: January 27, 2006, 02:48:35 AM »

Paul Tobias and Dizzy Reed are both very important.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #433 on: January 27, 2006, 06:41:59 AM »

but compared to chris pittman they`re useless....

well... great interview thanks!!!   by the way funny that it got almost as many replies as the "axl speaks" thread   and most of them are just insults or bullshit hihi

i believed from start that this guy was telling the truth (well not about every detail, but that he at least spoke to dizzel....) i think it`s impossible to be THAT bored and spend that much time just to fuck over some gnr fans on a message board......if that was the case he really should get a life hihi

and about the band not being in a room together since '02..... i guess the question was about the WHOLE band (including axl)...   the other members met for sure. tommy and richard played songs together and i believe there were rehearsals for rio in `04(??)    but in the end it doesn`t matter.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #434 on: January 27, 2006, 10:09:50 AM »

THat a good point , cause richard played with tommy and dizzy in the span of a week here in NY , lil over a yr ago.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #435 on: January 27, 2006, 10:37:47 AM »

What makes me suspect this interview may not be legit other than in part 2 the whole confidential information thing & holding out on the supposed BIG announcement......

If you are paraphrasing it instead of word for word ( which if the interview actally happened can mis interpret what Dizzy actually said) Dizzy's interjections were quoted ( uhhh, hmmmm, etc.)

Im not calling Madagascar88 a liar, just pointing out stuff which makes me suspect this could be a fabrication. I wasnt there so I cant say with certainty.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #436 on: January 27, 2006, 10:45:49 AM »

It is well known that both sides of management float the reunion thing out there, and have for quite some time

That statement right there throws your credibility right out the window and null's the rest of your post. Do you honestly think that guns management would be pulling for a reunion when they have so much on the line right now? Don't think so. That and the fact that Axl would probably kill them for even thinking it.  ok
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #437 on: January 27, 2006, 11:14:58 AM »

It is well known that both sides of management float the reunion thing out there, and have for quite some time

That statement right there throws your credibility right out the window and null's the rest of your post. Do you honestly think that guns management would be pulling for a reunion when they have so much on the line right now? Don't think so. That and the fact that Axl would probably kill them for even thinking it.? ok

Who said they are "pulling" for a reunion?   "Floating" means, it is mentioned every now and then, on purpose, just to get a little sense of the other camp's position and feeling is at the time.   A little smell test of sorts. It most likely is done without many people even knowing it happens (i am sure Axl is not always aware), and sometimes not even done on purpose.  Maybe buddies from both camps get together and talk, and discuss the possibility of working together again in the future, and if they think this would be plausible.  It happens, and it has happened, and it will continue to happen.  You have to be from Mars, or do not understand the industry, to think that this has not been "floated" out their and discussed.  Trust me, and I am not trying to be condescending at all, but my post is the most rational in this string of irrational obsession.  To clarify, I am sure the current Mgt. team is focused on getting Chinese Democracy into the record stores, to start making some money.

Like I said, who knows what happens.  But I would assume, that at some point, in some way we will see a reunion (anyone inside the business, albeit Sanctuary and Universal knows this).  Moreover, I don't know if we will see the album, and if we do, I guess we may see the new band tour, but it increasingly seems from their various comments that they are kind of on the outside looking in.  I think the album maybe released, with no tour.  The Beatles did this from Sgt. Peppers onward--album, no tour.
Almost Famous
« Reply #438 on: January 27, 2006, 11:24:23 AM »

That statement right there throws your credibility right out the window and null's the rest of your post. Do you honestly think that guns management would be pulling for a reunion when they have so much on the line right now? Don't think so. That and the fact that Axl would probably kill them for even thinking it.  ok

Who said they are "pulling" for a reunion?   "Floating" means, it is mentioned every now and then, on purpose, just to get a little sense of the other camp's position and feeling is at the time.   A little smell test of sorts. It most likely is done without many people even knowing it happens (i am sure Axl is not always aware), and sometimes not even done on purpose.  Maybe buddies from both camps get together and talk, and discuss the possibility of working together again in the future, and if they think this would be plausible.  It happens, and it has happened, and it will continue to happen.  You have to be from Mars, or do not understand the industry, to think that this has not been "floated" out their and discussed.  Trust me, and I am not trying to be condescending at all, but my post is the most rational in this string of irrational obsession.  To clarify, I am sure the current Mgt. team is focused on getting Chinese Democracy into the record stores, to start making some money.

Like I said, who knows what happens.  But I would assume, that at some point, in some way we will see a reunion (anyone inside the business, albeit Sanctuary and Universal knows this).  Moreover, I don't know if we will see the album, and if we do, I guess we may see the new band tour, but it increasingly seems from their various comments that they are kind of on the outside looking in.  I think the album maybe released, with no tour.  The Beatles did this from Sgt. Peppers onward--album, no tour.

But doesn't the record company/management, etc make far more in profit from touring than from album sales? Is the album not just a 'hook' to get people to buy concert tickets?

What I'm saying is, would that fly nowadays, as it did in the days of the Beatles?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #439 on: January 27, 2006, 11:29:38 AM »

But doesn't the record company/management, etc make far more in profit from touring than from album sales? Is the album not just a 'hook' to get people to buy concert tickets?
na, i think the band gets all the cash from the touring...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: