Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 07:51:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228419 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 215030 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2006, 10:54:50 PM »

I agree. It was at least worth archiving for later confirmation. Now Maddie88 is probably pissed as hell. I would be.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2006, 11:02:13 PM »

I think it's really uncalled for and unnecessary the way some people attack someone they don't believe.  Its not like anybody doing the name calling had any facts to back up their position. 

The guy was probably telling the truth, even if he didn't quote exactly or misinterpreted some things Dizzy said.  He's not a professional journalist.  I don't blame him for bailing either.  And its a good thing he didn't say whatever that "bit of info" was.  Some fool would have asked Dizzy about it on myspace and Dizzy will never talk to him again. 

Being the first one to call someone a liar doesn't make you look smart, in case anyone was wondering.  When you don't really know what you are talking about, it just makes you look like an ass.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2006, 11:18:46 PM »

The guy was probably telling the truth, even if he didn't quote exactly or misinterpreted some things Dizzy said.? He's not a professional journalist.?
but he did say he had it video taped.. the interview... so there should be no misiterpretation....

And its a good thing he didn't say whatever that "bit of info" was.?
why not just keep it for yourself then??? ding ding ding... suprise!!! coz he never had any "info"

Some fool would have asked Dizzy about it on myspace and Dizzy will never talk to him again.?
then why would he open up his trap on the internet about something that dizzy didnt want him to reveal??? you know why???
again coz there wasnt any info... thats why he bailed out..   Its a free internet.. i can ask dizzy anything i want to ask him.. if dizzy replys then fine.. if he tells me fuck off thats fine too.. but if he wants to tell something  then "some fool" has all the right in the world to try to verify it....

Being the first one to call someone a liar doesn't make you look smart,
being the first one to belive a fans interview stating that the members of VR want a reunion doesnt make you look smart either

in case anyone was wondering.?
i know i wasnt....

When you don't really know what you are talking about, it just makes you look like an ass.
glass house, stones.....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2006, 11:21:56 PM »

I think it's really uncalled for and unnecessary the way some people attack someone they don't believe.? Its not like anybody doing the name calling had any facts to back up their position.?

The guy was probably telling the truth, even if he didn't quote exactly or misinterpreted some things Dizzy said.? He's not a professional journalist.? I don't blame him for bailing either.? And its a good thing he didn't say whatever that "bit of info" was.? Some fool would have asked Dizzy about it on myspace and Dizzy will never talk to him again.?

Being the first one to call someone a liar doesn't make you look smart, in case anyone was wondering.? When you don't really know what you are talking about, it just makes you look like an ass.
This guy conducted himself in a childish and unprofessional manner with this "interview". It had nothing to do with giving GNR fans any information, it was about having the spotlight on himself, and he was trying to keep that spotlight on for as long as possible. He acted shocked when we all didn't fall in line with his little agenda, but he had to know witholding "inside info" would cause a minor stir. If you'll look back and research Dizzy interviews, you will see that he has never spoken like this before.
 ?Misquoting and embellishing the words of your interview subject is almost criminal. In this case, he quite possibly put Dizzy's status in GNR on the line. Did anyone think that Axl's recent positive remarks towards ex members was his way of hoping in the future to build back the burnt bridges with his old bandmates? Well, with these derogatory remarks by Dizzy, that has been set back indefinitely. It basically wipes away the positive Axl comments.
 ?The next time you want to insult me or one of the other people here for not falling for this hook, line, and sinker, go read a book on ethics, or take a journalism class.

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2006, 11:26:29 PM »

Misquoting and embellishing the words of your interview subject is almost criminal. In this case, he quite possibly put Dizzy's status in GNR on the line. Did anyone think that Axl's recent positive remarks towards ex members was his way of hoping in the future to build back the burnt bridges with his old bandmates? Well, with these derogatory remarks by Dizzy, that has been set back indefinitely. It basically wipes away the positive Axl comments.

You're acting like this interview was published or something.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2006, 11:27:12 PM »

I'll be the FIRST asshole to just come out and say it , burn me afterwards if you like ... for me personally , if Dizzy didnt say in "part 3" of this interview when Democracy was coming out then I really dont care what he has to say.

Thats pretty selfish I know , but thats just how I feel.

Flame away.  peace

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2006, 11:30:30 PM »

I'll be the FIRST asshole to just come out and say it , burn me afterwards if you like ... for me personally , if Dizzy didnt say in "part 3" of this interview when Democracy was coming out then I really dont care what he has to say.

Thats pretty selfish I know , but thats just how I feel.

Flame away.? peace
Since Axl told Madison what the first single is, maybe Dizzy told Madagascar what the 2nd single is. hihi

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2006, 11:31:55 PM »

Misquoting and embellishing the words of your interview subject is almost criminal. In this case, he quite possibly put Dizzy's status in GNR on the line. Did anyone think that Axl's recent positive remarks towards ex members was his way of hoping in the future to build back the burnt bridges with his old bandmates? Well, with these derogatory remarks by Dizzy, that has been set back indefinitely. It basically wipes away the positive Axl comments.

posting it on the internet is damn near the samething.... your quoting someone famous.. and then when any verification is done you run and hide??? ?thats pretty chicken shit if you ask me...
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2006, 11:34:02 PM »

posting it on the internet is damn near the samething.... your quoting someone famous.. and then when any verification is done you run and hide??? ?thats pretty chicken shit if you ask me...

The interview wasn't discredited - just the bit where the author implied that Dizzy's comments suggested a band reunion.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2006, 11:40:11 PM »

the author implied
Now you understand the problem with this "interview".

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #270 on: January 25, 2006, 11:41:12 PM »

The interview wasn't discredited - just the bit where the author implied that Dizzy's comments suggested a band reunion.

thats true... so if its already getting replys from the band management you know they are looking at this thread and interview...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #271 on: January 25, 2006, 11:43:36 PM »

I've seen my share of fake interviews with band members on this very site. They all sound the same.

If this were real:

Dizzy is a prick

Dizzy doesn't know anything about anything going on with the band, except that Slash and Duffs managers want a reunion.

If this were real the whole "interview" could have been done in one post, not over several days. The meat of the interview wouldn't need to be teased about.

I may be wrong and this could be real, but I would be very disappointed in Dizzy.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #272 on: January 25, 2006, 11:45:06 PM »

if Dizzy didnt say in "part 3" of this interview when Democracy was coming out then I really dont care what he has to say.
Flame away.? peace

So you would rather have had Dizzy make something up... hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #273 on: January 25, 2006, 11:55:27 PM »

Quote from: Splat
No To GN'R Re-union
Written by Administrator? ?
Wednesday, 25 January 2006

Merck Mercuriadis has told Splat that there is 'no truth' to recent news reports stating that Axl wants to reform the original line-up of GN'R (a story that has somehow evolved from the recent Rolling Stone story).

There is also no truth to Dizzy's recent revelations that ex-members have 'offered bigtime for a re-union'. Splat has verified though that the interviewer (Madagascar88) does attend Cornell University and is a member of the Zeta Psi fraternity.

Notice how Splat doesn't say "According to Merck there is also no truth to Dizzy's recent revalation...". From the above passage, we can conclude that Merck knows nothing of the interview posted in this thread.

Now that is shitty journalism.
badapple81
« Reply #274 on: January 25, 2006, 11:57:35 PM »

I think it's really uncalled for and unnecessary the way some people attack someone they don't believe.? Its not like anybody doing the name calling had any facts to back up their position.?

The guy was probably telling the truth, even if he didn't quote exactly or misinterpreted some things Dizzy said.? He's not a professional journalist.? I don't blame him for bailing either.? And its a good thing he didn't say whatever that "bit of info" was.? Some fool would have asked Dizzy about it on myspace and Dizzy will never talk to him again.?

Being the first one to call someone a liar doesn't make you look smart, in case anyone was wondering.? When you don't really know what you are talking about, it just makes you look like an ass.
This guy conducted himself in a childish and unprofessional manner with this "interview". It had nothing to do with giving GNR fans any information, it was about having the spotlight on himself, and he was trying to keep that spotlight on for as long as possible. He acted shocked when we all didn't fall in line with his little agenda, but he had to know witholding "inside info" would cause a minor stir. If you'll look back and research Dizzy interviews, you will see that he has never spoken like this before.
 ?Misquoting and embellishing the words of your interview subject is almost criminal. In this case, he quite possibly put Dizzy's status in GNR on the line. Did anyone think that Axl's recent positive remarks towards ex members was his way of hoping in the future to build back the burnt bridges with his old bandmates? Well, with these derogatory remarks by Dizzy, that has been set back indefinitely. It basically wipes away the positive Axl comments.
 ?The next time you want to insult me or one of the other people here for not falling for this hook, line, and sinker, go read a book on ethics, or take a journalism class.

I never thought I'd say this.. but jameslofton29, you're spot on?word for word ok
rainX
« Reply #275 on: January 26, 2006, 12:05:49 AM »

this was brought to my attention by chineseblues:

posted by Lisa Reed:

I believe that interview is HIGHLY embelleshed to make the frat boy look better, maybe he just added stuff to make it sound better since he wasn't getting much info. Some of the stuff is most likely true, but a lot of it is not

http://p221.ezboard.com/fthesirdizzyreedappreciationsocietypart2frm2.showMessageRange?topicID=3103.topic&start=21&stop=29
badapple81
« Reply #276 on: January 26, 2006, 12:10:05 AM »

Thanks rainx.

Such a shame people have to take advantage of how cool and easily accessible Dizzy is to his and the bands fans. Must make him just not want to do it anymore.
rainX
« Reply #277 on: January 26, 2006, 12:11:17 AM »

I think you are starting to understand why most superstars end up appearing like assholes  ok
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #278 on: January 26, 2006, 12:11:34 AM »

posted by Lisa Reed:

I believe that interview is HIGHLY embelleshed to make the frat boy look better, maybe he just added stuff to make it sound better since he wasn't getting much info. Some of the stuff is most likely true, but a lot of it is not

http://p221.ezboard.com/fthesirdizzyreedappreciationsocietypart2frm2.showMessageRange?topicID=3103.topic&start=21&stop=29

I don't doubt he is a student there, or that he met Dizzy. I just doubt EVERYTHING else.

If you are paraphrasing an "interview" like that, wouldn't you write everything you can remember all at once? And if its not exactly what he said, why write his answers out like its exactly what came out of his mouth? Why is the "good stuff" not written right away? If he was sworn to secrecy about it, why would he say anything in the first place?

Pleeeease...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 12:13:28 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #279 on: January 26, 2006, 12:11:57 AM »

posted by Lisa Reed:

and there you have it.... looks like we were right to question it.....
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: