Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 07:39:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228419 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 215005 times)
badapple81
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2006, 06:41:57 PM »

No it doesn't mean the whole Axl interview was a fake or isn't true.. just the way some media twisted it around to make it look like Axl agrees there will be a reunion.

Merck makes it sound like he is acknowledging Dizzy did make the comments but they are untrue?
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2006, 07:05:36 PM »

why is everyone giving this kid a hard time. why is it so hard to believe that he hung out with dizzy for a couple hours. Maybe dizzy had a couple drinks and got loose tongued...

I for one would have really enjoyed reading the other half of the interview.... way to be a bunch of wankers and piss the kid off rant

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2006, 07:15:09 PM »

Merck makes it sound like he is acknowledging Dizzy did make the comments but they are untrue?

Or rather the particular comment is untrue? GDU.

Now things are getting rediculous.

Now? Naa, they were getting ridiculous when some ppl started to twist Axls comment.  rofl
Likewise 88 guy must have misinterpreted something.

me, too.  well  let the point alone, that axl said numerous times that it`s a collaborative effort. and he can`t release a new gnr record on which half of the songs are written by him , without having the media bitching about a solo record etc....

and well    i guess you can`t compare the old band?s writing style to the new ones. not that i`d know what`s going on, from what we`ve heard it`s really different. didn?t axl/dizzy/tommy say in an interview some years ago that they were colllecting ideas, first and then saved them and after that started to built songs out of it?        well   i hope we`ll see who wrote what, soon, but until then i`ll believe that it`s a real collaborative effort. ppbebe  do you have some more quotes?

Just so many...for instance this one, which is not the best one but handy. Keen insight btw. ok

After intimating that most of the lyrics and vocals are Axl's, but that he and Dizzy Reed do a lot of the back-up vocals, Tommy states that songwriting-wise, "there'll probably be compositions that started with each of us and were compiled by all of us, on the whole record, yeah. I would be willing to wager that that is how it turns out, because Axl is the kind of guy who is always looking out for the fairest way to do it so everyone's happy. Because obviously, that's the kind of thing that screwed up the old band. Everybody had songs they wanted to write, and have Axl sing, and then there got to be infighting, I think, with whose songs were going to be on the record. He's really conscious of that, so it ends up being a bit of everyone on there."
-Tommy September 2004 bravewords.com
Special Report By Martin Popoff

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2006, 07:22:22 PM »

Dammit, I was just getting into the interview, and it sounds like everybody chased Madagascar88 off.  That's really not cool.  I would have enjoyed Part III.   Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
badapple81
« Reply #244 on: January 25, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

When why would Dizzy say it then? Just seems so out of character for Dizzy  Undecided
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2006, 07:46:23 PM »

Yeah Diz just seems too delibarate in his speech to let slip this kinda gossip. I mean this.

There is also no truth to Dizzy's recent revelations that ex-members have 'offered bigtime for a re-union'.

Did Merck say this?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2006, 07:49:15 PM »

Dizzy might have said it, he might have not. Sometimes people say things which are to a certain extent true but shouldn't have said it. Or for the wiser, should've kept it for themselves. Sometimes it's the other way around. And sometimes people back eachother up to stand corrected or to clear the past sayings. Bar gossip

?

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Evolution
« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2006, 07:59:53 PM »

Dammit, I was just getting into the interview, and it sounds like everybody chased Madagascar88 off.  That's really not cool.  I would have enjoyed Part III.   Sad

Same  no
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #248 on: January 25, 2006, 08:06:34 PM »

There is also no truth to Dizzy's recent revelations that ex-members have 'offered bigtime for a re-union'. Splat has verified though that the interviewer (Madagascar88) does attend Cornell University and is a member of the Zeta Psi fraternity.

Holy crap, that's creepy.

It show's that they're WATCHING.? nervous
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2006, 08:27:15 PM »

There is also no truth to Dizzy's recent revelations that ex-members have 'offered bigtime for a re-union'. Splat has verified though that the interviewer (Madagascar88) does attend Cornell University and is a member of the Zeta Psi fraternity.

Holy crap, that's creepy.

It show's that they're WATCHING.? nervous

It shows that they are BORED... with nothing to do...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #250 on: January 25, 2006, 08:45:50 PM »

When why would Dizzy say it then? Just seems so out of character for Dizzy  Undecided

Um possibly because he didnt say it lol
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2006, 08:52:19 PM »

I think the whole purpose of this was to get us all riled up. Why would it be posted in 3 parts taking days to do so, then witholdingthe last part when some of us got critical. Is this interview so hard not to believe? Especially when it is paraphrased. Why not quote Dizzy accurately? Less mis interpretation that way. I hope it is legit but the 2nd part kind of made me think this is BS.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2006, 09:03:01 PM »

I think the whole purpose of this was to get us all riled up. Why would it be posted in 3 parts taking days to do so, then witholdingthe last part when some of us got critical. Is this interview so hard not to believe? Especially when it is paraphrased. Why not quote Dizzy accurately? Less mis interpretation that way. I hope it is legit but the 2nd part kind of made me think this is BS.

Me too.. did you see how quickly he didnt want to "damage his reputation and integrity".. and he said "anymore than it has been"...

If Dizzy had said that shit he wouldnt have gotten all pissed off and worried when i told him i was gonna ask Dizzy myself..  and the part about "if i get a phone call or email about this" does he really think that Dizzy is gonna call him and say "what the fuck man?"

If he had ANY question about it at all or had any kind of friendship with Dizzy Reed he would have kept his trap shut...  If Dizzy or any friend would tell you something that you know he wouldnt want spread all over the world on the internet they why even hint at it... I think he was full of shit.... I dont belive that shit he made up about Izzy at all... coz all that ive ever heard about Izzy from people who know him or met him have said that Izzy is a cool as fuck mofo....

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2006, 09:05:43 PM »

Dammit, I was just getting into the interview, and it sounds like everybody chased Madagascar88 off.? That's really not cool.? I would have enjoyed Part III.? ?Sad
Would you like me to whip up a quick Dizzy interview? It'll only take about 5 or 10 minutes for me to write. I promise not to hold back any "inside info", or make you wait for a 3rd installment. confused

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2006, 09:32:58 PM »

Dammit, I was just getting into the interview, and it sounds like everybody chased Madagascar88 off.? That's really not cool.? I would have enjoyed Part III.? ?Sad

dont go to mygnrforum looking for it either.. its not there.. i just checked it for curiosity and he hasnt posted it there either...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2006, 09:41:09 PM »

dont go to mygnrforum looking for it either.. its not there.. i just checked it for curiosity and he hasnt posted it there either...

Why not? I thought he was more loved there.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Evolution
« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2006, 09:55:50 PM »

I think the whole purpose of this was to get us all riled up.

Some guy, with nothing better to do, constructs a mass Dizzy Reed interview to piss off a few hundred people worldwide  Roll Eyes
badapple81
« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2006, 10:10:46 PM »

Would you like me to whip up a quick Dizzy interview? It'll only take about 5 or 10 minutes for me to write. I promise not to hold back any "inside info", or make you wait for a 3rd installment. confused

Nah man, if it's not a mygnr exclusive.. then it's not worth the read  hihi
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2006, 10:23:06 PM »

All I have to say is Damn.

This thread is harsh!
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #259 on: January 25, 2006, 10:49:33 PM »

You're all retarded for chasing Madagascar88 off.

Merck just confirms stuff officially - of course there's no plans for a GNR reunion.

Dizzy never said that in the interview, he just said that the ex-band members' agents had been in contact with Axl's management.

It doesn't mean anything came out of it.

Even if this were fake, Dizzy would have contacted Merck or vise-versa and they would have tried to have it removed or at the very least have it discredited.

Until that happens, I believe the interview's real.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 10:52:03 PM by DunkinDave » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: