Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 208708 times)
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2006, 10:46:53 PM »

great interview, can't wait for the rest! thanks alot!

Hey C, did you go and see Dizzy?

No I didn't.  Undecided  I got so busy that I actually forgot!  Lips Sealed  I missed a chance to hang out at the frat house too.  Tongue

Thanks for posting the interview!  ok

Why don't you just....
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

Madagascar 88, I have to ask why you won't provide us with your juicy bit of information that will dispell all concerns about the album?? It's not as if you made a promise to Dizzy that you'd keep your mouth shut, I mean he would hardly provide a complete stranger with "confidential" information.? Let alone if he knew this person was going to post this information on Guns N' Roses forums.? Either provide us with something that can be confirmed in about? a week or go post your attention seeking bullshit elsewhere.? I have an interview from this weekend where Axl came to my college and he let me listen to Chinese Democracy, hell he gave me a copy of it as well as the follow up albums; but he trusted me not to make it available to everyone on the internet.? He did however say that we will be getting some information "soon".? Roll Eyes

wow... thanks man... what an asshole.? guess what? if you think I'm trying to seek attention vs. just give you guys some info... I'm not gonna post the second half.? The interview part of my weekend was the worst part of my weekend with Dizzy 'cause guess what? I was drilling him with questions and in fact we cut it short 'cause he was obviously getting a little impatient.? I did that interview to answer your goddamn questions... my own questions I had answered during lunches and during the car rides.? So you know what?? I'm not gonna seek "attention" anymore... I'll shut up... saves me an hour tonight to do some work anyway
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »

I am interested.  Come on with it! ok
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2006, 11:18:17 PM »

Great interview....But how in earth would Dizzy expect someone he never met (no matter how cool they were), to keep silent on
ANYTHING?

Especially if your not a journalist.
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2006, 11:22:07 PM »

real simple.  start by checking ip with cornell university ips/new york ips.  if they match, he at least has a chance of telling the truth.  also, dizzy did hang out and join a fraternity for a weekend with some guys he knew.  obviously someone hung out with him enough to have regular discussion.  i for one believe this guy is telling the truth.  i'm still waiting to know if you guys hazed him or just did a ritual initiation or what. 

Mike
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2006, 11:25:55 PM »

Great interview....But how in earth would Dizzy expect someone he never met (no matter how cool they were), to keep silent on
ANYTHING?

Especially if your not a journalist.

I met Dizzy last year backstage after a concert here at my university. ?I interviewed him for 30 minutes for the local radio station I worked at. ?Next, I emailed Dizzy's drummer (Troy Patrick Farrell) about possibly having Hookers N Blow play at my fraternity. ?Troy passed the word onto Dizzy. ?Dizzy, remembering who I was, called me on my cell phone one evening (the most shocking call of my life) because I had included my cell phone number in the email to Troy. ?We then emailed each other back and forth about three times trying to set up Hookers N Blow to play at my house last Fall. ?Things fell through because they were asking for approximately 4-5k and our house didn't have those kinds of finances. ?But, me and Dizzy stayed in touch. ?I did a phone interview with him asking him several big questions including one about the song "catcher in the rye" which was posted I think last October. ?Then, as a joke, I emailed him asking him if he wanted to pledge my fraternity as an honorary brother. ?Somehow, totally unexpected, he said 'yes.' ?We worked out the flight details (our house paid obviously)- he had to fly in from LA and then depart to Ft. Walton, FL for another gig. ?So that's that.
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »

real simple.? start by checking ip with cornell university ips/new york ips.? if they match, he at least has a chance of telling the truth.? also, dizzy did hang out and join a fraternity for a weekend with some guys he knew.? obviously someone hung out with him enough to have regular discussion.? i for one believe this guy is telling the truth.? i'm still waiting to know if you guys hazed him or just did a ritual initiation or what.?

hahaha... haze him... are you serious?

no... we skipped right to a ritual initiation... here's our frat website: http://www.psiofzetapsi.org

I'll let you guys know when pictures are posted from the weekend (they will be at the above address) but I for one am too frustrated at some of you to even make the effort in watching the recording of the interview and typing any more...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 11:29:08 PM by Madagascar88 » Logged
rainX
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2006, 11:37:28 PM »

real simple.  start by checking ip with cornell university ips/new york ips.  if they match, he at least has a chance of telling the truth.  also, dizzy did hang out and join a fraternity for a weekend with some guys he knew.  obviously someone hung out with him enough to have regular discussion.  i for one believe this guy is telling the truth.  i'm still waiting to know if you guys hazed him or just did a ritual initiation or what. 

hahaha... haze him... are you serious?

no... we skipped right to a ritual initiation... here's our frat website: http://www.psiofzetapsi.org

I'll let you guys know when pictures are posted from the weekend (they will be at the above address) but I for one am too frustrated at some of you to even make the effort in watching the recording of the interview and typing any more...

Man, don't let that get you down. You should know from hanging out on GNR forums the nature of the beast. Again, much thanks for what you've posted so far.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2006, 11:38:56 PM »

Madagascar 88, I have to ask why you won't provide us with your juicy bit of information that will dispell all concerns about the album?  It's not as if you made a promise to Dizzy that you'd keep your mouth shut, I mean he would hardly provide a complete stranger with "confidential" information.  Let alone if he knew this person was going to post this information on Guns N' Roses forums.  Either provide us with something that can be confirmed in about  a week or go post your attention seeking bullshit elsewhere.  I have an interview from this weekend where Axl came to my college and he let me listen to Chinese Democracy, hell he gave me a copy of it as well as the follow up albums; but he trusted me not to make it available to everyone on the internet.  He did however say that we will be getting some information "soon".  Roll Eyes

wow... thanks man... what an asshole.  guess what? if you think I'm trying to seek attention vs. just give you guys some info... I'm not gonna post the second half.  The interview part of my weekend was the worst part of my weekend with Dizzy 'cause guess what? I was drilling him with questions and in fact we cut it short 'cause he was obviously getting a little impatient.  I did that interview to answer your goddamn questions... my own questions I had answered during lunches and during the car rides.  So you know what?  I'm not gonna seek "attention" anymore... I'll shut up... saves me an hour tonight to do some work anyway

No reason to get defensive. You claimed you had an important piece of info, all I'm asking is that you provide that lil tidbit.  Hell if you post pictures of you guys hanging out that will suffice.  Point is, we get a hundred people every year claiming to have some piece of information and then "hold it over our heads"  in order to earn some respect/attention.  If this isn't the case with you (and you can easily prove it isn't) then I'll be the first to thank you for your excellent work.  Until then, don't blame me or anyone else for being skeptical - after all you only have like 10 post on this forum.
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2006, 11:41:07 PM »

Madagascar 88, I have to ask why you won't provide us with your juicy bit of information that will dispell all concerns about the album?? It's not as if you made a promise to Dizzy that you'd keep your mouth shut, I mean he would hardly provide a complete stranger with "confidential" information.? Let alone if he knew this person was going to post this information on Guns N' Roses forums.? Either provide us with something that can be confirmed in about? a week or go post your attention seeking bullshit elsewhere.? I have an interview from this weekend where Axl came to my college and he let me listen to Chinese Democracy, hell he gave me a copy of it as well as the follow up albums; but he trusted me not to make it available to everyone on the internet.? He did however say that we will be getting some information "soon".? Roll Eyes

wow... thanks man... what an asshole.? guess what? if you think I'm trying to seek attention vs. just give you guys some info... I'm not gonna post the second half.? The interview part of my weekend was the worst part of my weekend with Dizzy 'cause guess what? I was drilling him with questions and in fact we cut it short 'cause he was obviously getting a little impatient.? I did that interview to answer your goddamn questions... my own questions I had answered during lunches and during the car rides.? So you know what?? I'm not gonna seek "attention" anymore... I'll shut up... saves me an hour tonight to do some work anyway

No reason to get defensive. You claimed you had an important piece of info, all I'm asking is that you provide that lil tidbit.? Hell if you post pictures of you guys hanging out that will suffice.? Point is, we get a hundred people every year claiming to have some piece of information and then "hold it over our heads"? in order to earn some respect/attention.? If this isn't the case with you (and you can easily prove it isn't) then I'll be the first to thank you for your excellent work.? Until then, don't blame me or anyone else for being skeptical - after all you only have like 10 post on this forum.

pictures will be up on our website in a day or two.  and i'm a mygnrforum.com frequenter... i've never used HTGTH.. not even to post my previous interview responses with Dizzy last semester (but people always copy and paste it over here)
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2006, 11:44:27 PM »

and at about that one detail...

no... Dizzy did not say to me explicitly "DO NOT POST THIS ON THE INTERNET!" ...
but- I for one know that some stuff we talked about, including that piece, Dizzy would not want to be posted.

As his friend and now fraternity brother, I'm not gonna post something that might be detrimental in some ways.? I don't wanna get the Diz-man in any trouble (not saying it would but its a possibility)? I wish I could tell you how it's detrimental but well....

but about that piece... it's about an event that will happen in the near future- when it does occur (and it will)- it could be directly related to the coming release of Chinese Democracy. ?Dizzy is hopeful that that is what this event is directed towards.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 11:55:51 PM by Madagascar88 » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2006, 11:53:37 PM »

How legit is this anyway?? Huh

Yeah Im thinking the same thing. I cant buy this "interview" for one reason and one reason only. The fact that Dizzy supposibely says "this is confidential stuff" but then goes on to talk about the confidential stuff is completely out there. Diz wouldn't do something like that...
I feel the same way. Even if the interview is true, "this is confidential stuff" basically means "off the record", and this guy tells the whole world. I just dont believe that ex members are begging for a reunion. They're having too much success on their own to be begging Axl for a reunion. I've also noticed he's holding back that juicy piece of info that makes him think its coming soon. How convenient.

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2006, 11:56:48 PM »

Rock in Rio?

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2006, 11:57:28 PM »

How legit is this anyway?? Huh

Yeah Im thinking the same thing. I cant buy this "interview" for one reason and one reason only. The fact that Dizzy supposibely says "this is confidential stuff" but then goes on to talk about the confidential stuff is completely out there. Diz wouldn't do something like that...
I feel the same way. Even if the interview is true, "this is confidential stuff" basically means "off the record", and this guy tells the whole world. I just dont believe that ex members are begging for a reunion. They're having too much success on their own to be begging Axl for a reunion. I've also noticed he's holding back that juicy piece of info that makes him think its coming soon. How convenient.

Well, I have to disagree with you for the simple fact that a reunion with Axl would make Duff and Slash a hell of a lot more money than VR is.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2006, 11:58:48 PM »

but about that piece... it's about an event that will happen in the near future- when it does occur (and it will)- it could be directly related to the release of Chinese Democracy. ?Dizzy is hopeful that that is what this event is directed towards.
So when this event happens will we be well aware of it? like "okay so this is what madagascar88 was talking about" or is it something not obvious?

And thanks for the interview! ok

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2006, 11:58:56 PM »

but about that piece... it's about an event that will happen in the near future- when it does occur (and it will)- it could be directly related to the coming release of Chinese Democracy. ?Dizzy is hopeful that that is what this event is directed towards.

this is that thing that you said that you will wait one week to let us know?
why wait this week then?

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2006, 12:00:40 AM »

why wait this week then?

He's waiting because he doesn't want to be the first one to let the cat out of the bag.  It will speak for itself when it happens. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2006, 12:01:01 AM »

I think the juicy info/what dizzy said was this .. "If my phone rings next week and I look on the call display and see it's axl calling then man , that means somethings up!! Then I wont have to hang out with washed up , drug addicted 80's rockers and be in a cover band while telling everyone I am a member of Guns N Roses , I'll actually BE in Guns N Roses again , so if you are gunna print this , Axl , it's me dizzy , please call next week."

Yup. That was it.

If not someone will copy and paste it from mygnrforum when it does get posted.

Even better , maybe dizzy will sell the info on ebay!!

Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2006, 12:01:46 AM »

why wait this week then?

why on earth would I let you know in a week??? jesus... i'll put it down in laymans terms... Dizzy is participating in some event within a week ok? I will not be within a thousand miles of him when this event occurs so I will not know anything of what it produced.? It is what this event is and more importantly whose participating in said event that I'm keeping to myself.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 12:03:36 AM by Madagascar88 » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2006, 12:06:03 AM »

why wait this week then?

why on earth would I let you know in a week??? jesus... i'll put it down in laymans terms... Dizzy is participating in some event within a week ok? I will not be within a thousand miles of him when this event occurs so I will not know anything of what it produced.? It is what this event is and more importantly whose participating in said event that I'm keeping to myself.
If you're keeping it to yourself, then why did you mention it in the first place?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: