Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 media types that don't support/like Axl and GN'R
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 media types that don't support/like Axl and GN'R  (Read 4453 times)
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« on: January 23, 2006, 09:04:44 PM »

Yo,
? Just wanted to drop a few lines about 2 assholes who have talked shit to me about Axl and Gn'R. One was from 3 years ago and the other was just over the weekend.
?
 The first is a meeting in February of 2003 in NYC right outside Madison Square Garden and the second was a phone call I just made to 93.3 WMMR in Philly,from this past Saturday morning (01-21-06).

NYC: I met David Aldridge from the E! channel who was doing something for them outside the Garden. I think it was some music awards show. I asked him what he thought about the state of GN'R (this was soon after the canceled tour).
 He responded with, "He's finished. It's over. It's over. Yeah,he's done." -while shaking his head.

I then asked him "What about Chinese Democracy" and he cut me to the quick with,"It's never gonna come out. Never gonna happen. He's over." I was like,"Okay"and just kinda walked away.

The 2nd was a call I made to Randy Kotz,a 50 somethin' DJ (at least he LOOKS like he is) at MMR in Philly.
 I was just waking up and I heard him say he'd "be back with some Guns N' Roses. Yeah Axl Rose. Good ole Botox Boy. Haha and some......(whatever)"

I called him up and asked him why he "feels the need to perpetuate rumors about him having Botox? It seems childish to me." and he's like,"Oh that's all true. I mean it's nearly documented."
 I said,(sarcastically) "Oh really? I didn't know that." He says,"Yeah,his band mates have got on him about that.
I asked him to "refer me to where that was documented",but he sidestepped the question with a "Oh I don't know...."

I asked him if "WMMR is going to take back what they said after the riot back in Dec. of' 02?"? He asked me,"Oh what was that?" I replied,"They said they wouldn't play anything new off of Chinese Democracy until they got an apology from Axl."
 He said,"Oh,who knows man....I couldn't care less."

Point blank I ask him, "You don't like Guns N' Roses,do ya?!?" Surprisingly he was honest and says "No. No I don't. I mean some of the music is okay but,Axl's a dick and ya know I just don't like his attitude."
 I said ,"You could take a stand." He says,"Against what? Not playing them? We have to play them,like the old stuff but,that's a corporate thing,and you know how THAT goes..."
 I said,"No,not about not playing them,I mean,couldn't you just play a song from them and take a stand against the need to comment in a negative way about him?"
 He's like,"Well..yeah,I COULD...but,I won't." Dick.

I then asked him to name his top 5 favorite bands and he was speechless for a few and then says "I guess,Stones,Stones,Stones...uh...T-Rex...You ever heard of them?"
 I said "Yeah,I've heard of them".

I then asked him to name the 5 he hates and he says "Queen...uh..GN'R...um.."
I start to laugh and say "Well,from what they say,Brian May came into play on the new album and it's going to sound a lot like Queen!! Hahaha!!"

He replies,"Well I guess it's a match made in heaven then."

He then asked my name and said he had to get back to work.
I ended with "Prepare for that album to explode. Then you're really gonna hate your job!!"
 We say bye. End of story.

Fuck David Aldridge and Fuck Randy Kotz. 2 losers who like to spread hate.

Just felt like relaying that info out there.

? ?GN'R FOREVER!!

? ? ? ?MATT
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 09:39:28 PM »

funny conversation, what a clueless dude that was... Roll Eyes

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 09:49:24 PM »

Well, things weren't going well at the time for GNR, so you could expect those types of comments from a few people. But you are insinuating that there is a media conspiracy against GNR, and its simply not true. How many times must it be pointed out that the conspiracy never existed? A few reporters being pessimistic about Axl/GNR over the course of 19 years is not the definition of a conspiracy. By the way, you shouldn't have quoted David Aldridge. Those comments sound like they're off the record, and its very unprofessional of you to bring the comments out publicly. As Gomer Pyle would say, "Shame,Shame,Shame, Shame!" rant

You should remove the David Aldridge quotes.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 09:57:17 PM »

fuck those fuckin fuck faced fuckers.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 11:16:21 PM »

im from philly and don't lisen to wmmr much anymore so who cares about his opinion.i think axl will do just fine.

the one an only horsey !
Elrothiel
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 01:13:12 AM »

Who needz some lowlife shitty media sharkz to like Gn'R and Axl? Axl doesn't need their help! He'll do perfectly fine without them!

Besidez... no one carez what some asshole radio DJ from WMMR thinkz about Axl. People have their own mindz and will think what THEY want, not what someone else TELLZ them to think.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 01:14:58 AM »

fuck those fuckin fuck faced fuckers.

Crazy........

I was just about to start the "What member has used the letter "F" the most on this board thread" in the Jungle section.

You are the obvious favorite now.  The only one I can see giving you a run for the money is MCT and his enchanting "Letter F" haiku poems.

It's too damn close to call..........really.

cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 01:26:17 AM »

http://www.wmmr.com/jock_randy.shtml
-randy kotz web page on wmmr.com  if anyone is interested

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 01:46:42 AM »

Seriously, what are you guys trying to muster up?

Gonna bombard these guys with emails, phone calls and faxes of your ass because they have an opinion you don't like?
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 04:57:53 AM »

New heights(/depths) of blind fan obsession and paranoia have now been reached!? ok

Well done

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Elrothiel
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 05:03:01 AM »

rofl rather true Jimmy... even I admit to being slightly over obsessed... not paranoid though... nope no siree! Not me! hihi
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 05:06:52 AM »

rofl rather true Jimmy... even I admit to being slightly over obsessed... not paranoid though... nope no siree! Not me! hihi

hey, true, I think we're all a touch obsessed if we're to be honest here ( I know I am  nervous)

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Elrothiel
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 05:27:30 AM »

I think my obsession sometimez has a negative effect on thingz... but mostly itz a positive thing! It givez me something to think about when I'm bored/upset/drunk/stoned/tired/excited/weirded out/pissed off/happy/festive/horny/overly horny/with a lot of people in the room who will listen to me/asleep ok rofl
Warren
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 06:21:22 AM »

These 2 media types were pretty realistic, I think. yes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 06:41:40 AM »

These 2 media types were pretty realistic, I think. yes
You're wrong. The DJ's comments were made off the air. Yeah, he may have bashed Axl in the past, and could have some sort of agenda, but I doubt it. Posting the Aldridge comments is despicable. They are obviously personal opinions, made in private, and weren't meant to be broadcast on the net. I feel sorry for the guy, cause he's gonna get a bunch of hate mail over a comment no one should have even known about in the first place, and he cant defend himself over these comments that were only heard by this poster and himself, and the comment could easily have been taken out of context. Jarmo or a mod should either delete the Aldridge quotes, or lock the thread. This kind of shit is way beneath the standard that this forum has set in the GNR online community.

badapple81
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 07:27:09 AM »

Well, things weren't going well at the time for GNR, so you could expect those types of comments from a few people. But you are insinuating that there is a media conspiracy against GNR, and its simply not true. How many times must it be pointed out that the conspiracy never existed? A few reporters being pessimistic about Axl/GNR over the course of 19 years is not the definition of a conspiracy. By the way, you shouldn't have quoted David Aldridge. Those comments sound like they're off the record, and its very unprofessional of you to bring the comments out publicly. As Gomer Pyle would say, "Shame,Shame,Shame, Shame!" rant

You should remove the David Aldridge quotes.

I don't really know who David Aldridge is.. only by this thread.. but is it that much of a big deal that you make out?

Most media personalities know that they are going to get quoted on whatever they say.. public or private.
Warren
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 08:02:34 AM »

Well, things weren't going well at the time for GNR, so you could expect those types of comments from a few people.
Are things going well now ? Huh
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 08:05:40 AM »

is it that much of a big deal that you make out?

Most media personalities know that they are going to get quoted on whatever they say.. public or private.
Yeah, it is a big deal, even though no one here seems to think so. I guess everyone thinks if you put down chinese democracy, even in private, it means you should be thrown to the wolves.
 ?You're mistaken if you think a media personality expects to be quoted everytime they open their mouth. The same rules apply to them in private as the rules apply to us. ?If you were mad at your girlfriend, wife, or mother, and told your friend she was a bitch, would you want your friend to go around telling everyone, which would guarantee the person your insult was aimed at to hear it?

badapple81
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 08:07:50 AM »

Cool, I was just asking? Wink

I hardly think an opinion and comment on GN'R/Chinese Democracy is that much of a big deal though jameslofton, taken in whatever context. At the same time, as they weren't that much of a big deal probably no need for the fan to get so worked up  ok
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 08:12:48 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 08:34:56 AM »

DJs saying bad things about axl, is actually great for axl. it's a hell of alot better than them not saying anything at all.

why do people think every DJ should love axl?

i live in philly, and alot of people got screwed by him in this town. 

i think axl is a big time fuckin dick with serious issues. but that doesn't mean i can't be a huge fan of him as an entertainer.

and if a DJ wants to express his opinion, i welcome it. it's better than them being a phony and kissing every rock star's ass that their station plays.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: