Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:00:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Lip synching at PUkkle Pop?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lip synching at PUkkle Pop?  (Read 3719 times)
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« on: January 22, 2006, 01:41:50 AM »

I downloaded like a 2 minute video clip form Pukklepop 02 of Guns playing Rhiad and I think AXl may be lip synching on it. At one point he holds the mic at his waist and you here the ooooohhh. It looks like he is lip synching on that song to me. It doesnt sound like other versions of Rhiad either. Im not saying i think he lip synched the whole show but on that song it definately looks like he is lip synching. It's possible the video is just lagging though. Anyone else notice this?

They just thought Id know better. Better.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 02:03:23 AM »

There is a fan video someone made where they took the audio from one version of Riyadh and synched it over the video from another performance of the song.

You might have that, or perhaps the audio's just sunched wrong on your particular video.

He didn't lip-sync.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 02:14:26 AM »

or its mic delay effect thing

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 02:43:33 AM »

Axl obviously used effects during the 2002 tour to help him sustain his vocals during parts of songs that required him to hold a note for long duration of time. There is a video of him performing Jungle where he says "you know where you are?" and his mic isn't even close to his mouth nor is his mouth even open yet the word "are" is sustained for like five seconds.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 02:50:25 AM by BabyGorilla » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 02:47:36 AM »

No way in hell has Riyadh ever been lip synched.  It wouldnt have sounded the way it did if it had.

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 02:51:07 AM »

No way in hell has Riyadh ever been lip synched.? It wouldnt have sounded the way it did if it had.

Thats true. Coz he sounds as if he fucks a bit during pukkelpop. And his voice was never 100% during 2002 anyway

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 09:56:09 AM »

There is a fan video someone made where they took the audio from one version of Riyadh and synched it over the video from another performance of the song.
I did the video with Pukkelpop video dubbed with Osaka Mix audio. That's why sometimes it doesn't match and the audio sounds different.

You can download the video here:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16036.0

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 11:48:06 AM »

I honestly doubt he lip syncs...Half the time his voice was all over the place...Britney Spears does that,that's why her voice sounds like it does on her records.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 12:52:22 PM »

If you read the post above your, you would know he didn't lip synch anything.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 01:15:31 PM »

Axl obviously used effects during the 2002 tour to help him sustain his vocals during parts of songs that required him to hold a note for long duration of time. There is a video of him performing Jungle where he says "you know where you are?" and his mic isn't even close to his mouth nor is his mouth even open yet the word "are" is sustained for like five seconds.

Yeah, it's called... echo.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 02:14:59 PM »

So then does this mean that it was really Milli Vanilli giving the shout-out to Jarmo??? hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 03:00:11 PM »

Isnt it called delay?
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 10:38:12 PM »

Ii would never believe Axl would lip synch.

He'd fuck up lyrics, but lip synch?  No way.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 01:57:15 AM »

Isnt it called delay?

Same thing. He used it on the UYI tour too

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 01:58:46 AM »

Isnt it called delay?

Same thing. He used it on the UYI tour too

Axl's voice was totally enhanced by at least a dozen vocal effects and filters on the 2002 tour , dave.  ok

LMAO , kidding , dont bust a nut on it.  peace

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 03:29:01 AM »

who gives a shit how many effects they put on his voice..... they wouldnt help me put on a show like he does or sound as good!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 05:18:11 AM »

Axl uses effects, cuz it's the only way to give a proper show. any big band, who can afford it will have a sound tech just for the voice. cuz it's one of the most dificult "instruments" to get a proper sound off in a live situation.
using echo and compressors and all sorts of effects is the same as using them on your guitar, you use it to sound better or more adequate to a certain song.
i use a delay pedal all the time. that doesn't mean i have a playback machine playing my parts.
even tho this might sound strange for a "non-musician" getting effects to enhance the voice is problably what makes a band sound decent instead of complete shit live and in a studio situation it's even more necessary.

Chinese Democracy!
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2006, 09:45:25 AM »

plus, and i'm a singer so i know what i'm talking about, every time you sing a bit of song where your voice is louder, being it a scream, or a verse where you sing using a different range or technic, or using an uncommun position of your mouth, most singers have to either get away from the microphone (my case since i also play the guitar), or if they're olding the mic just put it far away from the mouth, otherwise not even a big compressor effect would make it sound good since it would be loud enough to cause distortion.
Christian
VIP

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006, 10:40:44 AM »

The question here is not Axl using effects and anything else.
The question is about Pukkelpop Rhiad 02.
As voodoochild explained, the video is from Pukkelpop, but the Audio is from Osaka.
So, axl is not lip synching, just the audio is out of time with the video!
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 11:17:55 PM »

I would be very dissapointed if Axl did anything like that. Even if he used vocal enhancers I would be upset. In the old days Axl didn't need anything like that and he was amazing. If he is unable to put on a show without having enhancers, then I think it's time for him to stop performing live. I still think he should drop the whole ear piece thing too, he didn't need it before and it just seems to screw him up now, so get rid of it.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: