Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 12:24:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228460 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Proposal: Personal bans on "CD Songs"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proposal: Personal bans on "CD Songs"  (Read 6240 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« on: January 21, 2006, 08:44:37 PM »

Ok everyone.  I wanna first say that for the last couple of years I had been convinced that Chinese Democracy would never see the light of day.  With the recent comments from Axl (and other folks) I think I was wrong.  I am doing a 180 here.  I now truly beleive (for the first time ever) that we are going to see CD soon...this year.

So here is what I propose.  Let's all STOP listening to Chinese Democracy songs.  If we have live versions burned on CD's...through them out.  Put purchased bootlegs in storage.  Remove live versions of Madagascar, Silkworms, The Blues, and the rest from your ipods.  Just stop listening.  Part of me wishes that I never listened to them so when the album finally drops (sorry for that line) it's 100% fresh to me.  but that can't be done. so this is the next best thing.

Thoughts?

D

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »

Im hoping that CD is all new songs, and that maybe we'll get a bonus disc of the studio versions of the songs that were introduced in 01-02

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 08:51:01 PM »

Ok everyone.  I wanna first say that for the last couple of years I had been convinced that Chinese Democracy would never see the light of day.  With the recent comments from Axl (and other folks) I think I was wrong.  I am doing a 180 here.  I now truly beleive (for the first time ever) that we are going to see CD soon...this year.

So here is what I propose.  Let's all STOP listening to Chinese Democracy songs.  If we have live versions burned on CD's...through them out.  Put purchased bootlegs in storage.  Remove live versions of Madagascar, Silkworms, The Blues, and the rest from your ipods.  Just stop listening.  Part of me wishes that I never listened to them so when the album finally drops (sorry for that line) it's 100% fresh to me.  but that can't be done. so this is the next best thing.

Thoughts?

D

uh no! lol. Listening to the "new" songs is pretty much what helps me get through the wait for the album. I don't think I could go a week without listening to at least madagascar. But if you want to do it then that's your choice, but myself I couldn't do it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »

Im hoping that CD is all new songs, and that maybe we'll get a bonus disc of the studio versions of the songs that were introduced in 01-02

Yeah but for 90% of people those songs will still be new when the album comes out.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 09:05:02 PM »

I dont really listen to the new songs much anymore... the ones I like I dont figure will be on the first disk anyways...

So im not worried

gnrevolution.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 09:13:43 PM »

Why in the hell would i follow that advice? I dont even listen to the old stuff anymore, because I had listened to it so many times and for so many years, that I didn't want to suffer extreme burnout like I did with bands I had listened to since I was a small child like Kiss, Zeppelin,etc. Whenever I listen to GNR now, I listen to The Blues or Chinese Democracy.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 09:20:54 PM »

Remove live versions of Madagascar, Silkworms, The Blues, and the rest from your ipods.? Just stop listening
I love too much that song to stop listening to it. Tongue
However, I don't listen to "silkworms" and "oh my god". they're bad music.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 09:47:04 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 09:27:31 PM »

fuck no'

the one an only horsey !
Warren
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 09:36:55 PM »

People should keep on listening to Silkworms, OMG and Chinese Democracy.

So they won't be surprised if the album is mediocre. Smiley
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 09:54:43 PM »

That's only your opinion and not fact. Alot of people like those songs myself included. You just need to open your mind and stop listening to britney spears and justin timberlake  rofl
badapple81
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 10:01:43 PM »

I think the studio versions will be a bit different anyway. Madagascar will sound kick ass with Axl's old school rasping studio vocals on it, which alonewould make the song sound so much different to what we have heard.
Warren
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 10:18:02 PM »

That's only your opinion and not fact. Alot of people like those songs myself included. You just need to open your mind and stop listening to britney spears and justin timberlake? rofl
Listen to My World several times. Then it will appear that Silkworms and OMG are masterpieces.

With a great amount of will, people will assume that nugnr is doing great music.

Repeat after me : "Nugnr is great, nugnr is fantastic, nugnr is fabulous, nugnr is the best, etc"
All day long.
misterbrownstone
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 10:42:47 PM »

i can't go a day without the blues, i'm sorry.
Warren
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 10:44:53 PM »

I really feel sorry for you, as the blues is not better than Breakdown for example.

I would even say that it's worse.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 10:53:17 PM »

That's only your opinion and not fact. Alot of people like those songs myself included. You just need to open your mind and stop listening to britney spears and justin timberlake  rofl
Listen to My World several times. Then it will appear that Silkworms and OMG are masterpieces.

With a great amount of will, people will assume that nugnr is doing great music.

Repeat after me : "Nugnr is great, nugnr is fantastic, nugnr is fabulous, nugnr is the best, etc"
All day long.

Well I know Im in the minority but I think my world rocks.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 10:59:39 PM »

I think 'My World', 'Silkworms', and especially 'Oh My God' are all really strong songs (from certain aspects). But it's actually a good idea to stop listening to the new songs, so they'll sound fresh, but I love them too much. I've gone a couple of weeks before, and they sounded different when I started listening to them again. Good, but different. Which to me, the studio versions will have so many improvements (hopefully) that they won't be "the same song"...///.//./.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Megaguns
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 11:07:47 PM »

I rarely listen to them, I think that most of them wont be on the album anyway, Axl never said that The blues, Madagascar etc were the best songs he had, They probably were the only ones at the time of touring that were arranged and ready to go so they played them. Im glad they didnt play more newys than they did or it would have completely spoiled CD for us.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 11:08:12 PM »

I think 'My World', ... are all really strong songs (from certain aspects).

What aspect is that? 'My World' a strong song? It barely makes the title of 'filler'.  Tongue

Fuck 'Em All.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 11:27:12 PM »

I really feel sorry for you, as the blues is not better than Breakdown for example.

Why are you here? confused

badapple81
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 11:27:50 PM »

Cool cos Breakdown is a great song!  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: