Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:25:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228118 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  don't expect paradise city (title of article)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: don't expect paradise city (title of article)  (Read 4111 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 06:44:41 AM »

Good post, Mike. I agree that AFd rockers are truly timeless. But I'm not really against a change in direction. Really looking forward to what Axl's meaning of "complex" is. ok

I am too... Excited and horrified at the same time.... ok  I have to sneak this in.. I want axl to do whatever he wants, change the entire way if he must but why do it as gnr..? That my friends is my only negative side to this entire project...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 06:47:04 AM »

another piece I found very cool was that he follows rumours... The idea he always knows about the festivals they say new guns wil be at ... It's nice to know he is following along as well.. No doubtin my mind he reads the net and follows everything.. beer
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 06:49:59 AM »

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060120/ENT07/601200389

So only a few songs will sounds like gnr.. What can that possibly mean?? What does that mean to you??

Uhm, "don't expect paradise city" is not a quote from axl.....it's just the article's headline......having cleared that up.... the essence of this thread has been dealt with on 5 other threads ?Tongue

I don't mean to be an ass mikey Tongue it's just that people may be confused when reading "don't expect paradise city"..... maybe don't expect the same 80's hard rock and everything, but don't expect a great song ?
These fucking comments right here ^ are why people like Mike and I dont hardly post threads.

boohoo cry me a river? hihi...My post was made to avoid confusion, now bite me. ?Isn't Rhyad a hard rocker ? or IRS ?
What makes you think those will be on CD? confused

james I think there will definetly be hard rockers on cd, but wil they be my type of rockers is the better question.. Wink

well maybe those songs won't be on CD, but they prove that axl still likes hard rockers, and maybe he is saving the best ones for cd ? don't be so ?negative ?Tongue? but I'd say that 80's hard rockers like it's so easy are indeed out of the loop, Axl has said it before you should know by now he said something like "we thought about recreating the afd sound but that would be too easy for us, we're working on something else"

why must a hard rocker like it's so easy have a date on it./? I mean that song fucking kicks ass whatevr year.. It's not like winger or warrant that sounds the era.. It's not unskinny bop or uncle tom's cabin here.. If you mean that axl is stearing away from that type of har rocker then that's another story..?

as for the last quote, simplicity seemed to work so fine the first time.. So that quote is telling me he is going to use synths and have sound effects.. A good hard rocker is a good hard rocker, how many ways can one alter it..?

AFD is timeless, but man... that album came from the 80's.... that's just the way it is, it will always sound 80's. ?why must it have a date you say ? When's your birthday ? why must you have a date on you ? where were you born ? -same thing- AFD is an L.A 80's album, and that's how it sounds like, it doesnt mean kids now won't like it, but they'll agree that it is not an album which came out yesterday, just like when I first heard the doors or some other classic rock albums from the 60's/70's, do they sound 60's 70's-> yes they do.. ?You don't need loops and stuff to sound modern, you can still be simple and sound modern.

ps: I think you are in for a disappointment
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 06:51:50 AM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006, 06:51:11 AM »

Good post, Mike. I agree that AFd rockers are truly timeless. But I'm not really against a change in direction. Really looking forward to what Axl's meaning of "complex" is. ok

I am too... Excited and horrified at the same time.... ok? I have to sneak this in.. I want axl to do whatever he wants, change the entire way if he must but why do it as gnr..? That my friends is my only negative side to this entire project...
Its funny how Axl always talked in the late 80's and early 90's about really wanting to do solo material. I remember reading years ago how he wouldn't move forward with doing UYI unless Geffen restructured his contract. But he never did anything. When GNR blew up in his face in 94-96, it was the perfect chance to branch out on his own, and not have any pressure in using the GNR name. Strange how he wanted that opportunity so bad and never used it. Oh wait, we better be quiet. Everyone will accuse us of going "negative". hihi

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 06:55:13 AM »

I am too... Excited and horrified at the same time.... ok? I have to sneak this in.. I want axl to do whatever he wants, change the entire way if he must but why do it as gnr..? That my friends is my only negative side to this entire project...
Its funny how Axl always talked in the late 80's and early 90's about really wanting to do solo material. I remember reading years ago how he wouldn't move forward with doing UYI unless Geffen restructured his contract. But he never did anything. When GNR blew up in his face in 94-96, it was the perfect chance to branch out on his own, and not have any pressure in using the GNR name. Strange how he wanted that opportunity so bad and never used it. Oh wait, we better be quiet. Everyone will accuse us of going "negative". hihi

Ahh, at least you know you're being negative  ok first step towards recovery. The past is the past.  Tongue There is nothing we can do about it, don't you think I would've like things to be different as well ? that slash and axl were best pals for their whole lives, having released 10 more albums in the last 15 years  ? I would've loved that, but that's not the case, that is why I accept and welcome what I have before me, because If I don't I'll sound like my 50 year old aunt saying how life passed too quickly and she shouldve done this and that......FUNK THAT !  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 06:56:39 AM »

I disagree man .. Maybe it's how I picture the music to sound.. Like I hear the darkness I hear an 80's sound even though it's done in the 2000's.... Sure you can say this is that or whatever because you know the era it came out in.. But a blind listening to someoen that never followed gnr or any of those rock groups wouldn't know the date.. We only know the era because we experienced it or follow labels..

Brett michaels can do almost anything today and to me being it's his voice would sould 80's..

When I say an song is timeless that means it could come out any era from late 60's till whenever.. ?Maybe a song like Don't cry can be dated

james axl definetly spoke of solo material.. I think if everyone did a little side project and got out of eachother's faces since that huge illusion's tour and wasn;'t in the studio by 94 things might had been different..

yes the past is the past woody, it's just hard to really say anythign until the new gnr ball gets rolling for sure..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2006, 07:05:05 AM »

james axl definetly spoke of solo material.. I think if everyone did a little side project and got out of eachother's faces since that huge illusion's tour and wasn;'t in the studio by 94 things might had been different..
Great point. Remember when in the late 70's, each member of Kiss did a solo album around the same time? GNR should have done something similar.

Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2006, 07:15:34 AM »

Hey guys.  I have a great idea.  Let's wait until the fucking CD comes out.  So stop fighting about the songs and lets let this thing run its course.  There is nothing we can do about what is on his upcoming amlbum.  Axl did say we would hear it this year right?  Trust him, it will be good.  "SSSSSomkm em' if you got em"

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 07:21:21 AM »

? So stop fighting about the songs
We're not fighting about the songs. We're speculating, debating, analyzing, "whining",etc. Oh well, you're new here. You'll get used to it. hihi

Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2006, 07:25:27 AM »

Don't damn me

Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2006, 07:31:43 AM »

Just because I'm new doesn't mean a fucking thing.  All I am saying is relax and the CD will speak for itself.  If it sucks then it sucks.  If its great then its great.  Be hopefully we will soon know.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 07:40:08 AM »

well it does indeed mean that you`ll have to get used to the "whining" etc.... hihi   that`s the way things work in the gnr community.....

i seriously hope that we won?t have to discuss (and whine) about this new article for that long. now axl has to take this opportunity and let an announcement or statement follow....or even an action ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2006, 07:51:26 AM »

now axl has to take this opportunity and let an announcement or statement follow....or even an action ok
Good point. ok I'm surprised none of us has mentioned that yet. As positive as his latest remarks seem to be, if its followed by months of no more statements and little activity, it means that his statements were just business as usual.

You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2006, 08:21:45 AM »

Well of course it wont sound like the old band. It isnt the eighties anymore

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 08:27:17 AM »

now axl has to take this opportunity and let an announcement or statement follow....or even an action ok
Good point. ok I'm surprised none of us has mentioned that yet. As positive as his latest remarks seem to be, if its followed by months of no more statements and little activity, it means that his statements were just business as usual.

yeah  somehow i`m afraid of that.........you know...i think it`s all the years of non-activity we went through. they lost their marks. but i have a feeling though that this year will be positive in some regards. ( well i think even this new article+pics makes this year more positive than those before.....)

Well of course it wont sound like the old band. It isnt the eighties anymore

well  this is a very good point, too.  hihi  but it won`t stop some people to complain about it not sounding like the old gnr.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 09:07:25 AM »

it won`t stop some people to complain about it not sounding like the old gnr.....

"But you'll like at least a few songs on there." ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2006, 12:58:06 PM »

I look forward to Axl's new vision, whatever the hell it is. hihi I wish he would have elaborated more on what the style of record its gonna be. Interesting he would say Queen. I'm not the biggest Queen fan in the world, although I have heard most of their hits from one of their hits albums. Does the violins, cellos, orchestras etc. fall into line with this Queen reference? Or could it be as I stated earlier in this thread(or another thread I'm to tired to check) that we could see elements of the cure on CD? For anyone who gives a shit, I've uploaded a Cure song for you guys to listen to, and see if you would like a similar direction taken by Axl.

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=32GCSNVJ5THFR2M9FYFYTZ870J

Enjoy! ok

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2006, 02:58:59 PM »

ive just listened to that cure song and personally,i think that would be to mellow for me,but i see where your coming from.maybe similar sound but more aggressive and up beat would suit guns n roses.but thats just my view.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2006, 08:30:21 PM »

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060120/ENT07/601200389

So only a few songs will sounds like gnr.. What can that possibly mean?? What does that mean to you??

It means what he fucken said,  Why do people always think theres some stupid hidden message behind everything.
MY point is that if means what he said and nothing else for fucks sake

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2006, 09:25:05 PM »

ive just listened to that cure song and personally,i think that would be to mellow for me,but i see where your coming from.maybe similar sound but more aggressive and up beat would suit guns n roses.but thats just my view.
Yeah, I know what you mean about maybe he should do it a little more upbeat.  But saying its "a little too mellow"? Cmon! Approach CD with an open mind, because there might be something even more mellow than this song. hihi Plus, if Axl hears everyone saying they dont want 'mellow', it might cause more delays and finishing touches. hihi

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: