Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:17:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228118 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  don't expect paradise city (title of article)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: don't expect paradise city (title of article)  (Read 4109 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: January 21, 2006, 05:51:03 AM »

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060120/ENT07/601200389

So only a few songs will sounds like gnr.. What can that possibly mean?? What does that mean to you??
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 06:02:32 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 05:53:21 AM »

I expect some superb pop songs on Chinese Democracy, if axl copies the old sound it will flop even harder.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 05:56:46 AM »

why would the old sound flop?? isn't that exactly what today's music needs.. Everytime I hear some bitchy 15 year old sounding like the 120 other guys just like him then hear something like scom or PC I say those songs aren't even on the same planet as those.. Mainstream music was once decent at least from 87 till grunge ended... When I see GH's doing good I see people long for the old kick ass rock of gnr..

I also hope I read it right what was said and not as sarcasm.. Huh
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 05:57:51 AM »

So only a few songs will sounds like gnr.. What can that possibly mean?? What does that mean to you??

Uhm, "don't expect paradise city" is not a quote from axl.....it's just the article's headline......having cleared that up.... the essence of this thread has been dealt with on 5 other threads ?Tongue

I don't mean to be an ass mikey Tongue it's just that people may be confused when reading "don't expect paradise city"..... maybe don't expect the same 80's hard rock and everything, but don't expect a great song ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 05:59:38 AM »

yeah just coz its not paradise city,doesnt mean it aint gonna be a great album.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 06:01:26 AM »

I only used the title of the article... I wasn't using it as a axl rose quote or I would have used these "---"

Hopefully someone takes the time to read the brief article..  ALso merge it or whatever wasn't mean to disturb the other topics or rehash shit already spoken of..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 06:03:31 AM »

yeah just coz its not paradise city,doesnt mean it aint gonna be a great album.

of course not.. I was talking about not exspecting the gnr sound we know,.. People keep saying what will this complexity be about, will it have an industrial edge etc..?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 06:04:59 AM »

but surely nobody is.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 06:18:17 AM »

Uhm, "don't expect paradise city" is not a quote from axl.....it's just the article's headline......having cleared that up.... the essence of this thread has been dealt with on 5 other threads ?Tongue

I don't mean to be an ass mikey Tongue it's just that people may be confused when reading "don't expect paradise city"..... maybe don't expect the same 80's hard rock and everything, but don't expect a great song ?
These fucking comments right here ^ are why people like Mike and I dont hardly post threads. Mike goes through the trouble of digging the article up, just to have someone be a smart ass. If you dont want to discuss the article, why respond in the thread? Go to one of the 5 other threads you mentioned. Yeah, it will probably get merged, or Pandora will lock it, but people dont always have to make shitty remarks when someone tries to have a discussion.

Mike, I think it means that he is taking the band in a completely new direction. In one of these "5 other threads" that was referred to, I brought up the possibility that he could take GNR in a direction similar to The Cure's style. Axl working with different composers/producers,  and the use of violins,cellos,etc., leads me to that conclusion. We might not even see any hard rockers on CD. The songs that Axl is saying will sound like GNR  could be piano ballads.

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 06:19:08 AM »

I think the Dont Expect 'Paradise City' is to do with the release date. As it first says "GNR will release a new album this year. Yeah, right"

I don't think this has anything to do with the genre of the new cd, or any of the songs, but the release date.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 06:22:12 AM »

but surely nobody is.

well sopmeone might say the blues or maddy could have been an illusion's tune, or that oh my god could have been right after my world

I believe there will be an assortment of music...

The question I ask is if axl does go in a direction I personally dislike does it mean I should like the song only because of the voice behind it..

James thanks for the backing, but it's all good no harm was done, I had stumbled across the article during a google search looking for album sales..
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 06:23:17 AM »

These fucking comments right here ^ are why people like Mike and I dont hardly post threads.

boohoo cry me a river  hihi...My post was made to avoid confusion, now bite me. ?Isn't Rhyad a hard rocker ? or IRS ?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 06:25:33 AM »

These fucking comments right here ^ are why people like Mike and I dont hardly post threads.

boohoo cry me a river? hihi...My post was made to avoid confusion, now bite me. ?Isn't Rhyad a hard rocker ? or IRS ?
What makes you think those will be on CD? confused

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 06:26:30 AM »

of all the new articles we read I really enjoyed hearing him saying he loved slash and spoke to izzy recently..
Sometimes I look at izzy as the glue between getting axl n slash back together.. That's for another time n topic, just saying is all.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 06:27:21 AM »

boohoo cry me a river? hihi...My post was made to avoid confusion, now bite me. ?Isn't Rhyad a hard rocker ? or IRS ?

james I think there will definetly be hard rockers on cd, but wil they be my type of rockers is the better question.. Wink
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 06:32:19 AM »

james I think there will definetly be hard rockers on cd, but wil they be my type of rockers is the better question.. Wink

well maybe those songs won't be on CD, but they prove that axl still likes hard rockers, and maybe he is saving the best ones for cd ? don't be so ?negative ?Tongue? but I'd say that 80's hard rockers like it's so easy are indeed out of the loop, Axl has said it before you should know by now he said something like "we thought about recreating the afd sound but that would be too easy for us, we're working on something else"

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 06:32:53 AM »

Mike, I'm not so sure thats a safe bet. alot of the songs on these rumoured tracklists floating around apparently use an orchestra. Didn't axl say years ago that it would be different and a big surprise? An album with alot of rockers wouldnt be a surprise. Yeah , there might be a at least a few(we hope), but I wouldn't say its a guarantee.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 06:38:21 AM »

well maybe those songs won't be on CD, but they prove that axl still likes hard rockers, and maybe he is saving the best ones for cd ? don't be so ?negative ?Tongue? but I'd say that 80's hard rockers like it's so easy are indeed out of the loop, Axl has said it before you should know by now he said something like "we thought about recreating the afd sound but that would be too easy for us, we're working on something else"

why must a hard rocker like it's so easy have a date on it./? I mean that song fucking kicks ass whatevr year.. It's not like winger or warrant that sounds the era.. It's not unskinny bop or uncle tom's cabin here.. If you mean that axl is stearing away from that type of har rocker then that's another story.. 

as for the last quote, simplicity seemed to work so fine the first time.. So that quote is telling me he is going to use synths and have sound effects.. A good hard rocker is a good hard rocker, how many ways can one alter it..?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 06:40:30 AM »

Mike, I'm not so sure thats a safe bet. alot of the songs on these rumoured tracklists floating around apparently use an orchestra. Didn't axl say years ago that it would be different and a big surprise? An album with alot of rockers wouldnt be a surprise. Yeah , there might be a at least a few(we hope), but I wouldn't say its a guarantee.

no doubt in my min dhtere wil be a lot of over the top songs, bigger then novemeber rain or estraged, maybe triple layers on vocals..  Keyboards pianos synths, maybe a few turn tables possible background vocals horns a children's choir, black kids playing buckets dancing poodles etc
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 06:42:25 AM »

Good post, Mike. I agree that AFd rockers are truly timeless. But I'm not really against a change in direction. Really looking forward to what Axl's meaning of "complex" is. ok

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: