Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:19:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NASCAR NEXTEL CUP 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NASCAR NEXTEL CUP 2006  (Read 37729 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2006, 12:59:17 AM »

Darn, I missed the race.  Stupid rain crying  Junior finished 3rd, woohoo!  I'm glad Kahne won, he's a good kid.  Maybe the Dodge teams can stop crying.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 06:39:26 PM »

Earnhardt to honor father with replica car

By JENNA FRYER, AP Motorsports Writer

April 25, 2006

AP - Apr 25, 4:10 pm EDT

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- One object in any NASCAR driver's rearview mirror that may have appeared closer than it actually was: Dale Earnhardt's black No. 3 Chevrolet.

Especially if "The Intimidator'' was gaining.

Gentlemen, start your trembling. There's an Earnhardt back in black.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will mark his late father's birthday this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway by driving a likeness of the No. 3 car his father made famous.

Junior's trademark red Chevy will be painted predominantly black, with white lettering and silver and red stripes. Junior will still use his No. 8 -- his father's No. 3 has not been on the track since his 2001 death.

"The car looks good, it's a cool way to honor my dad,'' Earnhardt said Tuesday. "It's going to be a lot of fun to be behind the wheel of that car, and see the reaction it gets from other drivers on the track.''

The tribute is part of a larger salute at Dale Earnhardt Inc., which is celebrating Earnhardt's Thursday night induction into the Motorsports Hall of Fame, his overall accomplishments at Talladega and his 55th birthday, which would have been Saturday.

All three DEI cars will have the same paint scheme, which Junior views as an appropriate celebration of the seven-time champion. He seemed uncomfortable in February marking the five-year anniversary of his father's death, but birthdays bring happier memories.

"His birthday is something I do enjoy pointing out or celebrating or recognizing because that was always a lot of fun with him,'' Junior said. "When he was getting a little older we was always thinking about what his real age was. There's some things that come and go without a blink of an eye. But there are other things that come and go that you want to point out and you want to recognize and you do appreciate.''

Junior's car will be the most dramatic of the three DEI entries. After all, it's at Talladega and Daytona -- the two biggest and fastest tracks in NASCAR -- where Junior bears the closest resemblance to his father.

Dale Earnhardt was the greatest at restrictor-plate racing, especially at Talladega, where he scored 10 wins and notched the 76th and final victory of his career in October 2000.

Junior inherited the skill required to work the draft. He has five victories at Talladega and two at Daytona.

But none compare to his father's last victory, when he charged from 18th place with five laps to go to cross the finish line first.

"I was running second thinking I was in a position to try to get me a win, and I can see him and his line formed on the outside coming up, getting closer and closer,'' Junior said. "Every time I look in the mirror, he'd moved up a few more feet toward us and was coming on. So everybody was sort of in a panic mode as if, `Wait a minute now, this thing ain't playing out like we had in mind.'''

Junior said drives like that Talladega victory were the ones his father cherished.

"He would do all kinds of stuff like that, make big comebacks or big, great saves or just crazy passes,'' Junior remembered. "Everybody always said he could do a lot of things with a race car a lot of other people couldn't. He'd take pride in those things personally.

"Never would get out and jump up and down and brag about it. But when it was all said and done and over with, and everybody went home, he would take pride in doing those things. I think that comeback was one he really, really enjoyed.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AnKxolj.bkFByfiyzWmsM4bov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-earnhardt-blackcar&prov=ap&type=lgns

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2006, 07:40:37 PM »

That is a sexy paint job.  All the DEI cars are running it, Busch and Cup.  Junior has a great shot at winning come Sunday.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2006, 07:47:55 PM »

That is a sexy paint job.  All the DEI cars are running it, Busch and Cup.  Junior has a great shot at winning come Sunday.

Talladega Baby!!!!!!!! yes ok beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2006, 08:28:11 PM »

Are you going?  That's your home track, isn't it?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2006, 10:03:16 PM »

Are you going?  That's your home track, isn't it?

Yes it is. But I'm not going this time. Maybe in the Fall though.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2006, 08:24:50 AM »

Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins NASCAR Nextel Crown Royal 400

May 7, 2006

RICHMOND, VIRGINIA (TICKER) -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. has done his best to erase the memories from a painful 2005 campaign. A long-awaited trip to victory lane certainly did not hurt.

Earnhardt ended his long personal winless drought by capturing the checkered flag Saturday night at the NASCAR Nextel Crown Royal 400.

It was the 17th career victory for Earnhardt, who had not visited victory lane since winning at Chicagoland Speedway on July 10. But the 31-year-old made a late charge to end a span of 27 consecutive starts without a victory.

"It feels great, I had a great car," said Earnhardt, who won $239,166 in a Chevrolet Monte Carlo. "I want to thank DEI (Dale Earnhardt Inc.), all the guys back home that don't get to celebrate with us."

Arguably the most popular driver on the Nextel circuit, Earnhardt struggled last season to a 19th-place finish in the Nextel Cup standings, his worst career ranking. Amidst the excitement of finally tasting victory, Earnhardt made sure to praise his crew.

"I had a great race team last year, a lot of great guys," he said. "Some of them came with us this year and we took some of the ones from my old team. When I got now is even 10 times better than that."

After trailing Kevin Harvick throughout, Earnhardt took the lead with 47 laps remaining and never relinquished it. He held off a heated field to climb two spots to sixth in the current standings.

"When I come to the track, I know I've got the best I can ask for," Earnhardt said. "I've got the people, they've got their hearts in it. This is going to really help. They need a win or something to improve their confidence."

Rookie Denny Hamlin finished second in a Chevrolet, followed by Harvick's Chevrolet and pole-sitter Greg Biffle's Ford Fusion. Kyle Busch rounded out the top five in a Chevrolet.

"I had a lot of help from guys like Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch," said Hamlin, who recorded his best career finish. "They didn't race me hard there at the end, they decided to let me go. I've got to thank them a lot for them and hopefully I get to return the favor some day."

The winner of Saturday's Busch Series Circuit City 250, Harvick had the dominant car once again Sunday. But despite leading for 272 of the 400 laps, Harvick faded late.

Series points leader Jimmie Johnson struggled in the middle of the pack throughout but had a strong finish to place 12th. He maintained his lead in the standings over Matt Kenseth, who ran 38th after battling early damage to his oil tank.

Defending race winner Kasey Kahne could not overcome engine problems and finished 34th.

Johnson owns a 55-point lead in the standings over defending series champion Tony Stewart, who finished sixth Saturday and leapfrogged Kenseth. Veteran Mark Martin, who ran 11th, is in fourth place and is in front of Harvick by 32 points.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AvHvHWUlb1T3hRyMcmyAAGTov7YF?slug=nascar10&prov=st&type=lgns

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2006, 02:23:02 PM »

JUNIOR!!!!! YEAH!  He hung around in second all day, and made his move at the right time.  But Harvick was in a league of his own.  Drew, that was the best burnout of the year! beer smoking
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2006, 03:33:16 PM »

JUNIOR!!!!! YEAH!  He hung around in second all day, and made his move at the right time.  But Harvick was in a league of his own.  Drew, that was the best burnout of the year! beer smoking

I was hoping for a Jr./Harvick one/two finish. That would've been cool.

Dale Jr. just exploded his right rear tire during his burnout. I don't think anyone at the fab shop this week will mind fixing that back quarter panel. Wink

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2006, 03:45:28 PM »

I'll say!  Those Crown Royal people were annoying!  And what bothered me was that when Junior was racing Harvick for first, then he backed off, he said he conceded the when for Harvick.  His daddy would never do that!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2006, 03:49:06 PM »

I'll say!  Those Crown Royal people were annoying!  And what bothered me was that when Junior was racing Harvick for first, then he backed off, he said he conceded the when for Harvick.  His daddy would never do that!

Dale Jr. apologized for getting in to Kevin. That's why he backed off. He didn't want Harvick to think he was racing him rough. I was a bit nervous on the restart when Hamlin raced Jr. down low on the final restart. i thought he was going to pass but Jr. held on to first.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2006, 03:50:04 PM »

The high line always prevails at Richmond!  It's kind of like the yellow line at the plate tracks!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2006, 09:26:23 PM »

The All-Star Challenge gets worse every year.  It's not that Jimmie Johnson wins every year, it's just that there are so many gimmicks nowadays. Cry  Let's see how June Bug does in the 600.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2006, 09:09:39 AM »

Garry, did you see where Michael Waltrip pretty much bought is way into the 600 tonight? To me, this is so absurb. Another thing about NASCAR that pisses me off. Michael sucks but he is still able to bribe another driver for their car so he be in the race. It should be, if you don't qualify, you don't race. Period!! rant rant rant

Here's the link to the story if you hadn't read it yet.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AlKevvI_lhHpHAUbETmiMq3ov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-charlottenotebook&prov=ap&type=lgns

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2006, 01:59:23 PM »

There needs to be a rule change!  As much as I like Mikey, it's still wrong.  Cope deserved to be in the field.  Unlike Mikey, who has so many high profile sponsors.  Cope's primary is nothing compared to the smallest associate on Mikey's car.  And he still didn't qualify!  So many things are messed up in the sport today. rant

I wonder how many laps Jimmie will lead on his way to the win! hihi
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

Just imagine if Michael crashes or is out of the race very early tonight. hihi

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2006, 02:52:30 PM »

hihi  I think he won't last very long either, being it's a field filler car!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2006, 10:40:20 PM »

What did I say earlier on, Michael out of the race early and ends up finishing 41st place. hihi hihi

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2006, 11:27:25 PM »

Good call Drew! beer  At least Johnson didn't win! smoking
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2006, 11:43:59 PM »

Good call Drew! beer  At least Johnson didn't win! smoking

Hehehe....your so right! So glad Johnson didn't win either! yes ok

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: