Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:28:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  13 songs on Chinese democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 13 songs on Chinese democracy  (Read 16900 times)
madagas
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 10:31:10 AM »

Tommy said in his most recent interview that the majority of recordings for the album were done 4 years ago! I am quite sure they are the same set of songs-maybe a few new ones thrown in but I doubt it.  Undecided
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2006, 10:41:45 AM »

Well, we didn't know about those songs like Thyme, General or Better before 2003. I guess there's a lot of titles still unknown or even old titles that have changed.

madagas
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006, 10:44:46 AM »

the titles could change-certainly. But there probably(according to people in the band!)aren't many new recordings/songs.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006, 11:03:21 AM »

possibly the titles of the songs has changed.

Tommy talked about several of songs he hadn't heard finished till he heard the final mixes in 2004. So they might be new songs and not on the old list.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2006, 01:05:05 PM »

Remember in during the 2002 tour Axl said there would 18 tracks, and 10 extras? I wonder what happened to that idea?
madagas
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2006, 01:19:57 PM »

scrapped! Grin That's why there is no reason to worry about anything said by anyone in the past -it is meaningless as to what is happening now. Take their last statements and make of them what you will. The past is gone. 2002 tour-ancient history. Today is the only thing that counts. Thus, Axl probably has since changed his mind on the 13 songs and now wants to release all 32 at the same time!...or maybe just start with a 4 song ep or maybe just not release anything at all! Thus is the mind of a mad professor! beer
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 01:23:20 PM by madagas » Logged
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2006, 03:19:30 PM »

I guess since he mentioned them as his favorites, TWAT, the Blues, and 'Better" are probably all going to make it on the first record. Madagascar will probably be on one of the two albums. Chinese D better be on the first record-i always think it's a cop-out when you have the title track of an album not on the record itself. but really, as long as we get new material, i guess it ultimately doesnt matter.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2006, 03:29:18 PM »

So you think that Axl is going to pick the top 13 songs that he has written and just put them all on one disc?
So then the follow up to Chinese Democracy has no chance of living up to its predecessor?

The songs will be split evenly between the two discs.
What's the point in releasing a great CD, then a CD of leftovers a year later.

I don't want Axl to make the same mistake that Metallica made with Load and Reload.

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2006, 05:21:46 PM »

So you think that Axl is going to pick the top 13 songs that he has written and just put them all on one disc?
So then the follow up to Chinese Democracy has no chance of living up to its predecessor?

I don't want Axl to make the same mistake that Metallica made with Load and Reload.

why do you think is left over?
its not a leftover... they are writing not to cd... they are writing songs to make 2 records

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Grass
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2006, 05:27:32 PM »

I don't think this tracklist could be real. I mean, he said he has 32 songs! Why the hell it would be almost the same rumored titles since '99-'02??
Maybe because they have been working on those same songs. ok If CD is a concept album and has a specific theme to it, it would make no sense to add a bunch of different songs to the album.

What makes you think it will be a concept album?  I've never seen Axl mention this and none of the new material we've heard suggests any shared themes.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2006, 05:32:22 PM »

Much to early to speculate. If Axl said his favorites were The Blues, Better and There was a Time, those are the only 3 you can be certain of.
I would imagine that there have been lots of re-arrangements, lyric changes, etc.. on any of the other songs we've heard. I would guess the other 10 songs on the CD, At least 5 are probably new titles nobody has ever heard of.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 06:05:02 PM »

Even that is uncertain, as ryan said.

Remember in during the 2002 tour Axl said there would 18 tracks, and 10 extras? I wonder what happened to that idea?

Hummmm 32-28=4 
Maybe with 4 new songs they decided to make two albums instead of an album with10 extras?

It's still possible that 13 songs are already slated for the final album, whatever the final means, and the destinations of the rest are under consideration. In this case there will be more than 13 tracks on the album.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 06:21:48 PM by ppbebe » Logged
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2006, 08:34:02 PM »

It's still possible that 13 songs are already slated for the final album, whatever the final means,

I'm beginning to believe they have a fixed track listing by now. Tommy's been saying the music's been done for a good while, meaning the bulk of the work done by musicians, I think. What's left is the producing angle, with Axl tinkering with the mixes.

I found Tommy's recent interview (mid-Nov '05) interesting. He talked about visiting the studio and recording an interlude. Richard went to the studio as well in December. With the music apparently recorded, I'm seriously beginning to think both Tommy and Richard did interludes for CD, which are left to be "finishing touches", as Axl's been waiting for the last minute to really settle on a track listing.

Indeed, I'm beginning to get excited.  beer

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2006, 09:30:50 PM »

I dont want Axl to make that critical mistake either, and you telling Axl to "split them evenly between discs" is the mistake Metallica made. In the mid 90's Metallica spent a few years in the studio and came up with enough(weak) material for those 2 albums. Instead of putting the 5 or 6 good songs on 1 record with maybe a couple bonus songs as filler, they spread those good songs over 2 albums, and essentially stained their legacy, and their career has never recovered. I really hope Axl doesnt do this. Just put the best on CD. He can worry about the other one at a later time. ok

marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2006, 11:28:36 PM »

Heaven Forbid that the first nu-GNR record would start with Chinese Democracy.
Axl has a lot to live up to such strong beginners as WTTJ, RNDTH, Civil War and even SIDHY.
I have no idea what 3/4 of these songs sound like so I have no idea where these assumptions come from.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 12:41:36 AM »

Axl has a lot to live up to such strong beginners as WTTJ, RNDTH, Civil War and even SIDHY.
I have no idea what 3/4 of these songs sound like so I have no idea where these assumptions come from.

MNR

RNDTH strong beginner?? I don't agree  no I think Chinese Democracy is a much better rocker and a perfect opener to the album, I think it will appear also as there have been rumours of at least 3 rockers on there, I don't see why this wouldn't be one of them.

As for Madagascar, I can't stress how much I want this song to be on there! It is such a powerful song that still gives me chills now and that's just the live versions. I know the studio version is going to be unreal. I think this was/is a personal song for Axl and very much a comeback song as it deals with his previous relationships with ex bandmates/the media etc, what worrys me is that Axl didn't list it as a favorite of his when I think it must have been back in 2002 (They picked it for the VMA's!). Only time will tell, whatever happens we will hav 13 masterpieces i'm sure of that.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
McDuff
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2006, 01:01:46 AM »

I really don't care what songs are on the album,I mean it's just gonna be so cool when the album comes out peace
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2006, 01:41:35 AM »

Load Reload....Chinese Democracy World Democracy?  Given the way things are today Huh
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2006, 03:53:59 AM »

All this talk is driving me somewhat insane. I need this album! LOL and I havn't been waiting anywhere close to half as long as the rest of you hihi

Haha

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2006, 04:15:53 AM »

Why do you say that? If it makes it onto the album, I think the title track is a perfect opening track.. If you think RNDTH is a great opener, you should have no troubles enjoying CD as the opener.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: