Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:08:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 78191 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #420 on: January 19, 2006, 12:51:42 PM »

Why was he at Hollywood Forever Cemetery?

Where have u been Buddha?

he was at Korn's tour annoucement party.

The question is...why Axl was at Korn's announcement party?

Apperantly they have nothing in common; they don't share the same label, nor managament, so it's a bit strange also cause Axl doesn't normally hang out with this people (from what we know).

So why was he invited at that party?

1.) AS someone already pointed out, the producer of the DA Vinci Code was there, so it could be assumed Axl was invited cause GNR will contribute with a song. Same as Korn

2.) Maybe GNR and Korn will tour together this year. Yes it was Korn's tour announcement party, but maybe something has been planned for these two in the near future

3.) A move by management so Axl was seen in public with stars younger kids relate to; OC cast, Good Charlotte, Puddle of Mud, Korn, Jessica Alba...

Either way, I don't think it was a coincidence or that Axl chose to accept that invite for no reason. We'll see what future brings.

Is it that hard to believe that maybe he is just a fan of them? 
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #421 on: January 19, 2006, 12:59:55 PM »

Why was he at Hollywood Forever Cemetery?

Where have u been Buddha?

he was at Korn's tour annoucement party.

The question is...why Axl was at Korn's announcement party?

Apperantly they have nothing in common; they don't share the same label, nor managament, so it's a bit strange also cause Axl doesn't normally hang out with this people (from what we know).

So why was he invited at that party?

1.) AS someone already pointed out, the producer of the DA Vinci Code was there, so it could be assumed Axl was invited cause GNR will contribute with a song. Same as Korn

2.) Maybe GNR and Korn will tour together this year. Yes it was Korn's tour announcement party, but maybe something has been planned for these two in the near future

3.) A move by management so Axl was seen in public with stars younger kids relate to; OC cast, Good Charlotte, Puddle of Mud, Korn, Jessica Alba...

Either way, I don't think it was a coincidence or that Axl chose to accept that invite for no reason. We'll see what future brings.

Is it that hard to believe that maybe he is just a fan of them??

yes  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #422 on: January 19, 2006, 01:18:50 PM »

Just for fun I looked up past quotes regarding the album's completion/status:

The first new song from the band in nearly eight years, the electronica-influenced "Oh My God", was released Tuesday on the "End of Days" soundtrack and likely will be on the album, Goldstein was quoted as saying.

Axl Rose Describes Upcoming Album
November 10th, 1999

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. I see the record being done Feb or March for a summer release.''

Axl Speaks
Rolling Stone, January 2000

"The good news is that everyone is ecstatic with the album and we will be meeting with our label to schedule its release following which we will announce the rescheduled tour dates to coincide. Guns N' Roses look forward to seeing everybody next year and once again please accept my apologies for the way this has played out."

Jumped the gun?
November 9th, 2001

Seems like something has happened at least once with the album if Doug was telling the truth.

It's been close to being done a few times and "Oh My God" was even supposed to be on it. Nowadays nobody seems to expect it to appear on "Chinese Democracy".

/jarmo

I'm really glad you posted this.  It shows that what Axl said last week is nothing new.  "We will hear music this year" could really mean anything.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #423 on: January 19, 2006, 01:30:35 PM »

Just for fun I looked up past quotes regarding the album's completion/status:

The first new song from the band in nearly eight years, the electronica-influenced "Oh My God", was released Tuesday on the "End of Days" soundtrack and likely will be on the album, Goldstein was quoted as saying.

Axl Rose Describes Upcoming Album
November 10th, 1999

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. I see the record being done Feb or March for a summer release.''

Axl Speaks
Rolling Stone, January 2000

"The good news is that everyone is ecstatic with the album and we will be meeting with our label to schedule its release following which we will announce the rescheduled tour dates to coincide. Guns N' Roses look forward to seeing everybody next year and once again please accept my apologies for the way this has played out."

Jumped the gun?
November 9th, 2001

Seems like something has happened at least once with the album if Doug was telling the truth.

It's been close to being done a few times and "Oh My God" was even supposed to be on it. Nowadays nobody seems to expect it to appear on "Chinese Democracy".

/jarmo

I'm really glad you posted this.  It shows that what Axl said last week is nothing new.  "We will hear music this year" could really mean anything.

he was a real asshole if he wasn`t speaking about CD hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
sandman
Legend

« Reply #424 on: January 19, 2006, 01:53:17 PM »

Sandman, no. Axl has given timeframes in the past. Jan 2001 he said out by June or July 2001-radio interview. In December 2002-radio interview, he said the record would be out "sometime in 2003". He is not exactly reliable either. Undecided

could anyone provide a link to these exact quotes? (or ANY direct quote where axl mentions a timeframe for the release)

i tried looking for exact quotes from Axl, but couldn't find any.

(cause i certainly do not trust "sources" that CLAIM he said something.)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #425 on: January 19, 2006, 01:57:06 PM »

I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

So it's not been 14 years of silence ...

Thank god for that... ok yes ok yes ok yes ok yes ok yes Kiss Kiss Kiss

Nothing to say
madagas
« Reply #426 on: January 19, 2006, 01:59:06 PM »

Sandman, I actually heard the interviews-Axl's actual voice. Where you find them, I don't know. Trust me. He has said timeframes. I believe the interviews were in Santiago Chile right after Rio and Detroit during the 2002 US tour-after the vma's.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 02:12:27 PM by madagas » Logged
WARose
Legend

« Reply #427 on: January 19, 2006, 02:26:41 PM »

Sandman, I actually heard the interviews-Axl's actual voice. Where you find them, I don't know. Trust me. He has said timeframes. I believe the interviews were in Santiago Chile right after Rio and Detroit during the 2002 US tour-after the vma's.
i thought after the vma`s he wasn`t that positive..........? 

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #428 on: January 19, 2006, 02:33:53 PM »

My prediction is a Davinci Code release this summer, followed by a festival or two, then the album release come November which will be followed by a world tour starting in the spring of 2007.

This IS best case scenario. I'd be happy with half that happening! I hope it ALL does! ok

Don't forget a new Music Video!  Hahahahhhahhaha   and if GNR tours again I am going to fly out to see them within the first 5 shows for sure. I'm not waiting around for it to get cancelled! rant

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #429 on: January 19, 2006, 11:25:14 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=195

In 1999 Axl describes the album as "heavy and aggressive"... in 2006 he describes it as "complex and queen like".... sound like completly different records

I really hope we get all the stuff they worked on from 1997-2006... I want everything!

gnrevolution.com
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #430 on: January 19, 2006, 11:45:28 PM »

IF the album is completely new, meaning its material that was recorded from 2002 till now, then 4 years isn't that bad to wait for an album, however we heard so many different stories the past 10 years.  I definetly hope we get a mix of everything that was recorded too.  I know Axl has talked about the album in 1999 and 2002, but this time it does seem different when Axl spoke.  But then again it's not like we haven't heard all of this before.  So what is the next announcement tour, cd release or does Axl go back into hiding?

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #431 on: January 20, 2006, 01:29:03 AM »

LOL

I was thinking the same... he said we'd hear new music, he didn't say which band  rofl

wait.. that wouldn't be funny
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 01:42:37 AM by Scree77 » Logged

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #432 on: January 20, 2006, 05:40:28 AM »

Sandman, no. Axl has given timeframes in the past. Jan 2001 he said out by June or July 2001-radio interview. In December 2002-radio interview, he said the record would be out "sometime in 2003". He is not exactly reliable either. Undecided

could anyone provide a link to these exact quotes? (or ANY direct quote where axl mentions a timeframe for the release)

i tried looking for exact quotes from Axl, but couldn't find any.

(cause i certainly do not trust "sources" that CLAIM he said something.)

HTGTH has the section ARTICLES. Go through the years from 1999 to 2003 and you'll find Axl's comments on the release.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #433 on: January 20, 2006, 08:32:01 AM »

Axl talking about the album was mentioned in yesterday's (Swedish) edition of free newspaper Metro.

It was also mentioned in today's edition of Aftonbladet (biggest newspaper in Sweden).

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 11:20:15 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WARose
Legend

« Reply #434 on: January 20, 2006, 10:05:09 AM »

LOL

I was thinking the same year... he said we'd hear new music, he didn't say which band? rofl

wait.. that wouldn't be funny

yeah  actually not......  but maybe there?s a new good charlotte album coming.... hihi  i can`t wait.......

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #435 on: January 20, 2006, 06:19:38 PM »

I can't wait for some further news.

It's quite funny how pessimistic people have become after 12 years.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #436 on: January 20, 2006, 06:58:48 PM »

It's also quite understandable.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #437 on: January 20, 2006, 07:32:24 PM »

It's also quite understandable.
I agree...but it has been 14 years. The laws of averages has got to come to our side sooner or later.
With all the crap that's happened over the past 7 years, I can't imagine the signs over the past month being very positive....even if we are a little pessimistic because of how often we've been burned in the past.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2006, 08:19:30 AM »

It was also mentioned in today's edition of Aftonbladet (biggest newspaper in Sweden).

/jarmo

hihi... I knew that. My girlfriend sent me an email with the article yesterday. She replied to another email I had sent her on Wednesday subject "The wait is almost over". She know understands what my priorities are... Grin

"The rumour has spread all the way to Sweden too".

Axl Rose: Nya plattan sl?pps i ?r

Jobbar med 32 l?tar - 13 f?r plats p? skivan.

Foto: AFTONBLADET BILD

HOLLWYOOD. H?r ?r en platta som ?r mer f?rsenad ?n Michael Jacksons hj?lpsingel.
? Men nu h?vdar Axl Rose att Guns N" Roses "Chinese democracy" ska sl?ppas. I ?r.
? - Folk kommer att f? h?ra musiken 2006, s?ger han.
? S?ngaren f?rklarar det f?rsenade albumet med:
? - Det ?r en komplicerad platta. N?gra av arrangemangen ?r n?stan som Queen.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2006, 10:27:05 AM »

There's something you don't see every day. Spanish board member posting Swedish news articles...  hihi

The headline says: Axl Rose: The new album will be released this year.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: