Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:05:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 78189 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #400 on: January 19, 2006, 12:58:39 AM »

Why was he at Hollywood Forever Cemetery??

Where have u been Buddha?

he was at Korn's tour annoucement party.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #401 on: January 19, 2006, 02:21:05 AM »

I think the main reason for the positive remarks towards Izzy and Slash is because Axl knows CD is on the horizon, and wants to prevent a GNR vs VR/ex-members war when the time comes.

Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #402 on: January 19, 2006, 03:42:12 AM »

Why was he at Hollywood Forever Cemetery?

They had a party at the cemetery?  http://www.hollywoodforever.com/

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #403 on: January 19, 2006, 03:52:28 AM »

Why was he at Hollywood Forever Cemetery??

The question is...why Axl was at Korn's announcement party?

Apperantly they have nothing in common; they don't share the same label, nor managament, so it's a bit strange also cause Axl doesn't normally hang out with this people (from what we know).

So why was he invited at that party?

1.) AS someone already pointed out, the producer of the DA Vinci Code was there, so it could be assumed Axl was invited cause GNR will contribute with a song. Same as Korn

2.) Maybe GNR and Korn will tour together this year. Yes it was Korn's tour announcement party, but maybe something has been planned for these two in the near future

3.) A move by management so Axl was seen in public with stars younger kids relate to; OC cast, Good Charlotte, Puddle of Mud, Korn, Jessica Alba...

Either way, I don't think it was a coincidence or that Axl chose to accept that invite for no reason. We'll see what future brings.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #404 on: January 19, 2006, 03:57:23 AM »

The amount of news is too much to ignore...  Something big is happening soon ! Loved the things he said about Slash and Izzy, hopefully it will unite fans of both old and new band more than before !!

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #405 on: January 19, 2006, 04:25:40 AM »

Great great news. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that article. It's just amazing to see that something's on the move. Axl appearing publicly, Axl talking to a media...

I love what he says about Slash & Izzy, I'm even fuckin' surprised to read that he talks to Izzy. That's really great news, more than anything on CD

Though bring the music !

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2006, 05:12:53 AM »

The Motley Crue show I went to was bout Half full, maybe 6,000 out of 13,000.

Motley Crue are kinda like Kiss these days, its more about the show than the music *although both bands music kicks ass*

Motley Crue also had a huge VH1 special, Tommy Lee had a reality show come out, Vince Neil had a reality show come out, they had a very popular split so many wondered how they'd react on tour.

They had a phenomenal stage show.

Plus they toured on Red White And Crue, "If i Die Tomorrow" and SIck Love Song were minor hits but they were on TV *Larry King Live* Vh1, they even were on FoxNews.

It was also the original band and it was a great nostalgia trip for a lot of people.

Axl has to do three things to be a touring success again.

1. release some kind of album

2.No more riots, they were cool but there are people who are AFRAID to go to a GNR show for fear of being killed in a riot or being ripped off.

3. Play on time. That rock star shit is annoying, I dont want to sit for 2 fuckin hours waiting on someone to take the stage.

the bands from the 80's *U2,Bon Jovi,Metallica,RHCP* who still sell out everywhere they play and kick ass have one thing in common. they show up, they play on time and they kick fucking ass every single night they play.

Axl cant pull that shit these days cause a lot of people wont buy a ticket just cause they know they arent gonna get home till 2 am.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2006, 05:17:04 AM »

really great news
Axl said a nice thing about slash and Izzy,and reunion would be the best thing,and it would be something posiblle

I have never seen so many tree
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2006, 05:52:35 AM »

I think that it might be possible to see the new album (soon) cuz Axl came out to the world n spoke about it. but then agen its free country n Axl is known of doing things his way so maybe he just desided to go out for the night, cuz he felt like it not because the record gonna come out soon. but i dont wanna bring everyones hopes down cuz  i think i want that album to come out more than anyone, lets just not carried away. rofl
Axlism
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2006, 07:21:31 AM »

I'll believe it when I'm rollin a jay off the cd case.

Ok, what if you get the cd, but you're out of papers?

What is your dog eats all the smoke on release date, and your connection is still on? a 5 mile line to the record store doors?

I see possible troubles here.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 07:32:27 AM by Axlism » Logged
Axlism
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2006, 07:59:56 AM »

I think it's good news on a few fronts.

First, he went out and talked about it with some definite tone. This isn't Fortus saying "You're sure to see it by fall", or whoever said that a couple years back, this is Axl. He could just as easily say nothing, like in 02 at MTVA..."I don't know if 'soon' is the right word", boy he wasn't kidding.

Secondly, I think with all the record co. executive shuffling of late, as once discussed here I believe, he is under real pressure to put it out, perhaps for the first time. There's no way this record will make money at this point, lest it sells 50 million copies. This is a business, and I think recouping some losses, and getting a tour underway to perhaps turn a buck, or lose the label, are possible ultimatums before Axl. He has done things at his own pace for 11 years now, and GnR was soooo big the label put up with it, and paid for it, but the baby has to be born before it dies in the womb.

Third, he does seem excited about it, and is even giving stylistic details! He knows anything he says at this point will be all over the world in a day, he's no dummy. He did that strip club thing, but that was a 1/2 empty, no press, event that? I believe was just him driving around, wanting a beer, and playing a cdr for the lucky few there. This was a planned move to get some word out, I think 06 is very possible! It's also good that Slash said what he did about March before this, he heard something keep in mind, and Axl's almost immidiate resurface with these words point now to 'SOON"!

On the 'how he looks' comments, I say he put some weight back on, and it suits him better. When he was really drawn looking, after the fat jokes started spreading (which history tells us he takes it personally- See Oxygen comment_Stays in NY- No Philly show) he looked awful. If he has implants in his face, they showed up more when he got thinner, the extra weight makes him look more like Axl now. Oh, and yes, looks like tanning goggles.

On the reunion notes, hmmm. Well, I don't see Adler there. Great he's talking to Izzy. Weird that Slash did say what he did followed by Axl all of sudden saying what he did, all in all, pure speculation, probably pure coincidence. Let's just see the record.

I'd love to see it, my hopes are up.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 08:07:58 AM by Axlism » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2006, 10:07:05 AM »

QUESTION: is this the FIRST time axl has ever mentioned a timeframe?

i know his comment is very vague, and could mean just about anything. but he did say we?d hear music ?this year?. 

And I can?t remember him ever mentioning a timeframe before. His comments were always very non-committal (?soon is not the word?).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2006, 10:35:15 AM »

"He did that strip club thing, but that was a 1/2 empty, no press, event "

Was this in 2001? Whats the deal with this event?

Thanks.
madagas
« Reply #413 on: January 19, 2006, 11:12:16 AM »

Sandman, no. Axl has given timeframes in the past. Jan 2001 he said out by June or July 2001-radio interview. In December 2002-radio interview, he said the record would be out "sometime in 2003". He is not exactly reliable either. Undecided
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #414 on: January 19, 2006, 11:29:26 AM »

Sandman, no. Axl has given timeframes in the past. Jan 2001 he said out by June or July 2001-radio interview. In December 2002-radio interview, he said the record would be out "sometime in 2003". He is not exactly reliable either. Undecided
True. But it feels different this time. I cant be the only person here that senses a different vibe. Cmon people!! Lets just ride this gravy train until the wheels fall off. hihi
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:30:59 AM by jameslofton29 » Logged

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #415 on: January 19, 2006, 11:36:02 AM »

QUESTION: is this the FIRST time axl has ever mentioned a timeframe?

i know his comment is very vague, and could mean just about anything. but he did say we?d hear music ?this year?.?

And I can?t remember him ever mentioning a timeframe before. His comments were always very non-committal (?soon is not the word?).

When he announced Buckethead's departure, he said we hope to announce a release date "within the next few months".... soooo

but still im really happy about this its like Axl's first real public appearance since '02, i mean he did this on purpose i'm sure he's been invited to plenty of events over the years... he decided to go to this party for a reason/

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #416 on: January 19, 2006, 11:36:53 AM »

^ well if i remember correctly, axl never said it with so much belief...

he was always using words like "hope" and stuff...... ?at least after the vma`s he didn`t make any statements like this.

and @ axlism: ? do you really think this record has to sell 50 millions to recoup the production costs?? i guess even 4 million copies are enough for that.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #417 on: January 19, 2006, 11:59:13 AM »

Well, we would have to know exactly how much money was invested in CD then, you can make figures.
madagas
« Reply #418 on: January 19, 2006, 12:34:43 PM »

Warose, he most certainly did make a statement about the album after the VMA'S. That was the late 2002 radio interview where he said the album would be out sometime in 2003. You people really need to get your facts straight. He has only spoken officially on the subject a few times. It really is not that hard to remember. James, he does sound different but he sounded pretty confident in that late 2002 radio interview as well. It's still all talk at this point-nothing more! hihi
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 12:46:28 PM by madagas » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #419 on: January 19, 2006, 12:37:27 PM »

Just for fun I looked up past quotes regarding the album's completion/status:

The first new song from the band in nearly eight years, the electronica-influenced "Oh My God", was released Tuesday on the "End of Days" soundtrack and likely will be on the album, Goldstein was quoted as saying.

Axl Rose Describes Upcoming Album
November 10th, 1999

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. I see the record being done Feb or March for a summer release.''

Axl Speaks
Rolling Stone, January 2000

"The good news is that everyone is ecstatic with the album and we will be meeting with our label to schedule its release following which we will announce the rescheduled tour dates to coincide. Guns N' Roses look forward to seeing everybody next year and once again please accept my apologies for the way this has played out."

Jumped the gun?
November 9th, 2001

Seems like something has happened at least once with the album if Doug was telling the truth.

It's been close to being done a few times and "Oh My God" was even supposed to be on it. Nowadays nobody seems to expect it to appear on "Chinese Democracy".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: