Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:21:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 84667 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2006, 11:15:42 PM »

To all the people saying Axl is "suddenly speaking well of Slash"...Axl said the essentally the same thing in the RS2000 interview

"Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.'' - RS '00

"I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but...."
- @ the Korn launch party

Maybe not the EXACT same thing.. but.. someone with some insight can see the statements are almost the same.

Plus.. Izzy calls Axl about once a year.. (izzy says this in an interview)... so.. just because Axl talked to him.. doesn't mean anything.

Also. To the guy saying "your not a fan is you dont want a reunion"... im a damn HUGE fan, and I don't want a reunion. The old band was great... but whats done is done. Let it go

gnrevolution.com
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2006, 11:16:49 PM »

this made my month. and he talks to izzy, thats like hes fuicking brother, thats beautiful.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2006, 11:16:57 PM »

can we find for others pics of that party?? anyone have a clue?

They didn't upload any more on Wireimage...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2006, 11:17:55 PM »

They are the divorced couple that are now letting the positives truly outshine the negatives and everyday they think about the glory days and how great it was to perform together.

They will be reunited, I just don't know when.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2006, 11:19:39 PM »

As someone who has been hearing these statements of a pending release for more years than I would like to think about, I would say don't get your hopes too high. Axl has said himself a number of times before that the release will happen shortly and years have passed since. Like everyone else, obviously I hope this time it is for real and the album will come out soon, but I am not expecting it until I get it in my hands.

The best part of this interview was that he said he has been talking to Izzy. I would think that if he had been talking to Izzy, Izzy would for sure have at least listened to some songs and given his two cents about them. Best case senario would obviously be that he has helped with the writing of some songs, but I even him gave some input is still awesome.

Axl talking to Izzy obviously doesn't mean that a reunion is pending, but at the very least it could be the first steps in a process of getting the old guys all talking again and who knows where that could lead. ?ok
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2006, 11:20:05 PM »

Wireimage is the best site?
let?s start the google search ?hihi

Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2006, 11:20:21 PM »

Thank you, Axl.  Cheesy
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2006, 11:21:34 PM »

To all the people saying Axl is "suddenly speaking well of Slash"...Axl said the essentally the same thing in the RS2000 interview

"Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.'' - RS '00

"I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but...."
- @ the Korn launch party

Maybe not the EXACT same thing.. but.. someone with some insight can see the statements are almost the same.

Plus.. Izzy calls Axl about once a year.. (izzy says this in an interview)... so.. just because Axl talked to him.. doesn't mean anything.

Also. To the guy saying "your not a fan is you dont want a reunion"... im a damn HUGE fan, and I don't want a reunion. The old band was great... but whats done is done. Let it go

thank you Jack for posting this.

you saved me from posting it.

i was thinking the exact same thing.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2006, 11:23:14 PM »

I concur, but this time he said "I love the guy", so now we can squelch all the bullshit around here from people who insist that Slash and Axl hate each other. ?THEY DON'T!

Sure it does, it means that Axl and Izzy are not completely estranged from one another, as we've been led to believe by Izzy's past interviews where he said he showed up at Axl's house only to be turned away at the front gate by Axl.

No, none of this spells reunion, I completely agree, but that's okay. ?If they are all at peace with one another, that's a good feeling for the fans to have. ?It will lead to less of these silly feuds among fans over whose side they have to take.

As someone who has been hearing these statements of a pending release for more years than I would like to think about, I would say don't get your hopes too high. Axl has said himself a number of times before that the release will happen shortly and years have passed since.

You are 100% correct.  I'm not buying into anything Axl says until I see a CD in stores.
nevermiss24
Rocker

CD STARTS NOW

« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2006, 11:25:42 PM »

i think he is serious i think it is the rite time (finnally) and he sounded like he was serous
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2006, 11:27:37 PM »

no wayz dud i dunno maybe posibly spelcheck much? lol
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2006, 11:27:52 PM »

The time is right, eh? ?He said during the 2002 mini-tour overseas that the "timing felt right" and that he was going to disappoint his naysayers in one swoop.

That was three 1/2 years ago and he disappointed his fans instead, and he's done it too many times for me to trust him.

When I see the damn CD in stores, I'll believe Axl. ?Until then, nothing he says means shit.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2006, 11:28:47 PM »

Not sure if anyone posted the photo RS used for the story (and I'm not going to trudge through 9 pages to find out) so here it is.

I've seen enough.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2006, 11:28:54 PM »

Only because he doesn't sound like an alien do I have more hope. ?Only because he didn't try and get too deep, do I think he is serious. ?Only because its only a matter of time before we get lucky and he finally says it is it. ?Therefore, maybe it is better to beleive in this BS because mathematically, our odds get better by the day.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2006, 11:30:17 PM »

Has he been wearing tanning bed goggles?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2006, 11:30:40 PM »

Its about fuckin' time we had some actual news to talk about. ?Not that I'm 100% confident that we'll se CD this year, but this is the most reassuring thing we've heard in a long time. ?And its really nice to hear he's on good terms with Slash and Izzy. ?I don't see a reunion happening soon, but its damn sure more likely if they're on good terms.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2006, 11:32:09 PM »

This damn sure makes me more optimistic, but until its in my CD player blasting I won't be totally convinced.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 11:42:21 PM by Rob » Logged

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
nevermiss24
Rocker

CD STARTS NOW

« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2006, 11:33:14 PM »

hasnt he gone thru this same rutien before thow and what is with the tan line around his eyes
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2006, 11:33:19 PM »

Wireimage is the best site?
let?s start the google search ?hihi

Well that's where the original 5 pics surfaced. I thought that there was a possibility that they added more.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nevermiss24
Rocker

CD STARTS NOW

« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2006, 11:34:45 PM »

fuck the pics lets hear the damn music
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: