Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:10:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 78328 times)
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #360 on: January 18, 2006, 04:06:38 PM »

HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY FRIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGIN SHIT

THE MOTHERF*CKER IS ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #361 on: January 18, 2006, 04:15:02 PM »

Are you serious? Huh? ?

Very.

Unless he starts this process off with a radio freindly single, he will have a hard time reaching casual fans.

Think about UYI, they released YCBM which was very catchy and had the same vibe as their previous work. That got fans excited about the album, which help the average fan sit through some of the more complex songs and gain an understanding for them. If he tries to launch this with an overly produced ballad I think It will turn off the casual observer.

It's also inevitable that he will turn off people with the simple fact that this isn't Guns N' Roses as most people know it. Alot of people on this board point to the Greatest Hits as an indicator of the bands current relevance, but the problem is this isn't that band. I just feel that he will lose more casual fans of the old band than he will gain new fans of the new band.

All of those factors will affect albums sold and asses in the seats once he tours.

Don't take this as my opinion of the new band or of the upcomming release, I will be first in line to buy it and will be sitting patiently waiting for Axl to hit the Stage in Boston from the best seat money can buy.
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #362 on: January 18, 2006, 04:21:44 PM »

but seriously, it's great to hear him actually say about music coming out this year and about wanting to talk to Slash. Still have not gotten any reason for the 2002 tour being cancelled.

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #363 on: January 18, 2006, 04:34:24 PM »

but seriously, it's great to hear him actually say about music coming out this year and about wanting to talk to Slash. Still have not gotten any reason for the 2002 tour being cancelled.

Absolutely it is. I am very excited about this statement but I am not going overboard....yet.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #364 on: January 18, 2006, 04:36:14 PM »

Could all this be plan 1, in Axls, and GNRs marketingplan!? Get out in public with good news, and then things will happen more often and include more good new? yeah, i belive sooo..  yes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #365 on: January 18, 2006, 04:40:09 PM »

Are you serious? Huh? ?

Very.

Unless he starts this process off with a radio freindly single, he will have a hard time reaching casual fans.

Think about UYI, they released YCBM which was very catchy and had the same vibe as their previous work. That got fans excited about the album, which help the average fan sit through some of the more complex songs and gain an understanding for them. If he tries to launch this with an overly produced ballad I think It will turn off the casual observer.

It's also inevitable that he will turn off people with the simple fact that this isn't Guns N' Roses as most people know it. Alot of people on this board point to the Greatest Hits as an indicator of the bands current relevance, but the problem is this isn't that band. I just feel that he will lose more casual fans of the old band than he will gain new fans of the new band.

All of those factors will affect albums sold and asses in the seats once he tours.

Don't take this as my opinion of the new band or of the upcomming release, I will be first in line to buy it and will be sitting patiently waiting for Axl to hit the Stage in Boston from the best seat money can buy.

Well that is your opinion. ?What makes you think that he won't start it off with a radio friendly single?  First off, if he chose to release a ballad first, it would not turn off the casual fan, becasue we have heard ballads before from Axl that have had great success..ex, "November Rain". ?Yeah, "You could be mine" started off the Illusions and reminded us of Appetite, but a ballad starting off Chinese Democracy would take us back to the Illusions. ?It's the same theory. ?We are familiar with ballads from him. ?What makes Axl great is that he makes music that appeals to different people. ?While "You Could Be Mine" might appeal to a young pissed off kid, "November Rain" ?could appeal to an older more mature person. ?Hell, they could both appeal to the same person like they do me. ?However, I think he will have plenty of short rocker hits. ?Just because it might not sound like traditional GNR, doesn't mean it won't be good. ? ?

Also, just as it's inevitable that they will lose fans because this isn't the original GNR, they will inevitably gain fans, because this is a new band. ?Think about all the younger people who haven't heard much of Axl in the first place. ?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 04:41:49 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #366 on: January 18, 2006, 04:46:10 PM »

Motley Crue where succesful without a hit  single because it was the original band reforming after years, had Axl been with the original guys as GNR it would have been a different story, album or not.
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #367 on: January 18, 2006, 04:52:16 PM »

its excellent to hear from Axl after such a long time, i'm sure the album is gonna be awesome and i'll love it and listen to it every day for the next 10 years (until the next album). ?i also get the impression Axl is letting everyone know that they shouldn't expect uyi part 3 or afd 2 - although there will be a few songs for everyones taste. ?Also, i think Axl has been keeping up to date with all the rumours which must mean he or someone he knows must browse these message boards.
Elle
Headliner

« Reply #368 on: January 18, 2006, 05:08:38 PM »

this news totally made my day, probably even my month!!  Smiley

(yes I have a very dull job)

'If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine'
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #369 on: January 18, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

Whoa, Axl speaks. That's pretty cool. I for one am interested to hear something from him. All this time and effort has to count for something right?

As for what happens after the album drops? I sincerely doubt you will see GnR at the level they were at during Appetite or UYI. The world of music has changed too much, and if this album is going to have that layer of Queen-like complexity then I don't know how much of a force it will be on the charts. The people that put records on the charts, ie: the pop-culture consumers don't have the attention-span or the kind of taste it would require to get something as epic as what Axl is describing.

But whatever, chart success doesn't really mean much. I just want to hear something quality from these guys.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #370 on: January 18, 2006, 05:40:13 PM »

i guess the negativity has lost it`s marks in our little community......THIS IS FUCKIN GREAT!!!  it`s actually the best thing i read since i`m into gnr('03)    HE BROKE HIS SILENCE peace

as alwas:  we`ll see what happens....

i think the negativety is still here only this time we have something to actually discuss and dig into instead of loose rumours and bullshit threads about numbers 2+0+0+6=8 and lionel fuckin?richy, my favorite pillow, gn?r dreams and wanted coversongs, botox, vs. vs. etc, you get the drift...

Here?s the question: Why did he come out in the public?

well first: yeah  that was my point....it seems like some people aren`t satisfied with this article and still find something to complain about........     

and well...   i think he came out in public to have some fun and to do some preparatory work for the CD release/promotion................

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #371 on: January 18, 2006, 05:48:15 PM »

To me, judging from what he said, that he loves slash and wanted the world to know how good he is.....to me, i think time has forgiven alot of sins and misunderstandings....i dont know guys, it looks like the door opened to a reunion on friday night

there is no way in hell Axl would say that shit about Slash.....AND, to be talking to Izzy....come on, the writing is on the wall!!!!!

Maybe CD comes out..if it does, Nu GnR will live alittle longer

If no CD, then I think the reunion is just a matter of time.

REGARDLESS, unless someone dies. its safe for us to think that there WILL BE a reunion one day.....2007, 08, 11, 12? who knows...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #372 on: January 18, 2006, 05:52:53 PM »

To me, judging from what he said, that he loves slash and wanted the world to know how good he is.....to me, i think time has forgiven alot of sins and misunderstandings....i dont know guys, it looks like the door opened to a reunion on friday night

there is no way in hell Axl would say that shit about Slash.....AND, to be talking to Izzy....come on, the writing is on the wall!!!!!

Maybe CD comes out..if it does, Nu GnR will live alittle longer

If no CD, then I think the reunion is just a matter of time.

REGARDLESS, unless someone dies. its safe for us to think that there WILL BE a reunion one day.....2007, 08, 11, 12? who knows...

Or, he doesn't want to look like an asshole in the press with regards to Slash.

rainX
« Reply #373 on: January 18, 2006, 05:54:05 PM »

my thinking exactly, thorazine
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #374 on: January 18, 2006, 05:54:23 PM »

OK, but think about Axl....he's looked like SHIT for soooo long, he starts caring now???

i think this is his way of breaking the ice...

and by the way, how the F does Slash get inside info on the release of CD, and why does he share it with the world??

Axl Rose mentions Slash, speaks personally to Izzy...i dont know guys, somethings brewing...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #375 on: January 18, 2006, 05:55:13 PM »

OK, but think about Axl....he's looked like SHIT for soooo long, he starts caring now???

i think this is his way of breaking the ice...

and by the way, how the F does Slash get inside info on the release of CD, and why does he share it with the world??

Axl Rose mentions Slash, speaks personally to Izzy...i dont know guys, somethings brewing...

Of course he cares now.  He has an album coming out sometime. 

W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #376 on: January 18, 2006, 05:57:55 PM »

Yeah....but what does his "stance" on Slash matter to CD and the public? Slash should not even be part of the equation or even spoken about...

I think we're talking about someone who has been hurt, let down, and feels betrayed...maybe its taken him X number of years to start to "forgive"

* I put forgive in quotes b/c i think only Axl thinks he's not to blame for the break-up.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2006, 06:02:36 PM »

Yeah....but what does his "stance" on Slash matter to CD and the public? Slash should not even be part of the equation or even spoken about...

I think we're talking about someone who has been hurt, let down, and feels betrayed...maybe its taken him X number of years to start to "forgive"

* I put forgive in quotes b/c i think only Axl thinks he's not to blame for the break-up.

Ok, and by the same token, we have a man (Axl) who has dedicated 14 years and 15 million on his project and is intent on changing the music scene and being on top once again by his own merits (CD).  He has to look good in the eyes of fans.  He wants to prove himself.  A reunion of the old GNR would be a sign of defeat (at least for the forseeable future).

rainX
« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2006, 06:10:46 PM »

Slash didn't have inside info about CD, as he was WRONG about what he said.

The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2006, 06:12:48 PM »

Maybe Slash is getting back in better contact with Axl and Axl is trying to hide that from us.

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: