Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:22:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 78450 times)
vinnylyons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: January 18, 2006, 01:38:05 PM »

i must of promised the record company a song a leat this to stop them bringing out gh2 sound like he still has a bit of work to do and we all know that hes not going to rush them to get them finished but id settle for a studio song from gnr this year give us somthing positive ?to talk about on the ?fourm
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #341 on: January 18, 2006, 01:41:02 PM »

i must of promised the record company a song a leat this to stop them bringing out gh2 sound like he still has a bit of work to do and we all know that hes not going to rush them to get them finished but id settle for a studio song from gnr this year give us somthing positive ?to talk about on the ?fourm

yeah, Axl must have convinced the record company once again since the gh2 is on ice... was it ever confirmed or is it the most likely reason that the GH2 was only a threat from universal?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
vinnylyons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2006, 01:42:06 PM »

please excuse my ?typing mistakes but you get the general idea
vinnylyons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2006, 01:44:26 PM »

think slash said it
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2006, 01:46:29 PM »

maybe 3050 (3+5=8!!!).

hihi hihi hihi So you like FKD/sf too? Tanks for the good laugh to you too.
hehe I know behind your pc you're in ecstasies over the news. Tongue

BTW, 26songs :13+13 : 2+6=8!!! hihi

I'd be happy to hear what Axl thinks to be great. I've been waiting for new material from him since the Illusions came out. But a single hint like 'you'll hear music this year' doesn't excite me. One thing I've learnt is not to take seriously what Axl says. And in this case he really didn't say too much, so I don't hype myself. I'll hype myself when I'll have CD in my hands and go home to listen the album.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 02:05:18 PM by Mikkamakka » Logged

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2006, 01:51:30 PM »

at least, the media are still very interested. very.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #346 on: January 18, 2006, 01:52:11 PM »

The half empty 2002 tour is irrelevant.

If the album kicks ass, He will sell out everywhere he plays.

Jon Bon Jovi said in an interview when asked how important it is to have a hit single, he said:

"A hit single determines whether u play in stadiums or arenas"

the 2002 tour didnt work cause there was no album.

Tours sell out due to the influx of new fans.

Bands have a hardcore loyal fanbase but that isnt good enough alone to sell out big time stadiums.

U gotta have some buzz and some casual fan interest to totally sell out arenas.

When the album comes out and all the interviews,featured stories and of course the video's,singles etc etc

It will be the hottest ticket around.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #347 on: January 18, 2006, 01:56:48 PM »

Great to hear from him, i wish he would use his site more to speak out a little bit.
I also love his comment on Slash and i would hope that those who have been stirring shit on the Net for the past few years (we all know a few of them) about Axl or about ex-members. Comparing Weiland to Axl and all that negative taking sides BS. Well hope they feel a bit embarressed. ?Should have better things to do. The rest of us can just enjoy whatever comes.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2006, 02:14:20 PM »

Jon Bon Jovi said in an interview when asked how important it is to have a hit single, he said:

Bands have a hardcore loyal fanbase but that isnt good enough alone to sell out big time stadiums.

When the album comes out and all the interviews,featured stories and of course the video's,singles etc etc

I don't think that will be the case. Axl said it himself, this is a complicated album, which means (as you said in another thread) it is going to take a few listens front to back for people to wrap their heads around it. Not alot of people have that attitude. The people that fill stadiums tend to be a one and done type of a crowd (as far as album listening goes) The hardcore GnR fans, and fans of whatever genre of music this new cd falls into will give it the appropriate listen and bust ass to their shows when they come around. The average fan on the otherhand is going to give it one listen then go off of other word of mouth which might be other "one and done listeners" as well as fickle music critics that may be expecting "Album A" and don't give Axl's vision the appopriate chance before blasting it in print.

There is also the crowd that is going to bash it without even giving it one full listen because it doesn't sound like "Guns N' Roses" (which is the cross Axl will have to bear based on his desicion to keep the name).

The other problem with the 2002 tour was the scheduling of the dates, he should have started with some stronger venues first. Had the tour started in the North East were he seemed to clean up, I think based on great reviews and ticket sales numbers, the other shows in the midwest may have picked up.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2006, 02:29:16 PM »

The 2002 tour failed/sucked  because they picked poor bands to tour with. CKY and MMMike.  I am sure they fill up the local bar but they are not good enough to help fill an arena.  They should of picked a mainstream rock act that was topping the charts.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #350 on: January 18, 2006, 02:31:03 PM »

that's awesome! I hope CD comes out this year!! I can smell something. But why now??

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #351 on: January 18, 2006, 03:09:35 PM »

I don' t understand how some people here can be so negative! Reading this interview has made my (otherwise shitty) day and I' m quite optimistic about everything that' s going on right now.
I love the comments about the album being complex and different and it' s great to hear him saying something nice about Slash, but the best part IMO is that he' s been talking to Izzy. I' m not hoping for a reunion, but I' m really happy  to see them back together (or at least being in contact with each other)  peace
sandman
Legend

« Reply #352 on: January 18, 2006, 03:15:46 PM »

motley crue had a very successful tour last year with no hit single.

still, i see your point and think it has some truth to it.

i don't think the 2002 tour was a failure. and maybe that's because the 3 shows i went to were all sell-outs (chicago, NY, philly). but GnR sold real well in most of the big markets, and just ok in the smaller markets. i think most bands have similar results.

AND, imo, the lack of marketing/promotion was the biggest reason ticket sales weren't stronger.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #353 on: January 18, 2006, 03:26:01 PM »

I'm so happy to hear Axl again..it's so exciting!! Cheesy? Roll Eyes

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #354 on: January 18, 2006, 03:35:43 PM »

motley crue had a very successful tour last year with no hit single.

it?s ?a little different imo, first off, they did have a "hit" in that sick love song or whatever, atleast it ws a new single, plus the whole thing was sort of like a "best of" tour.... plus, they didn?t play a single stadium AND we shouldn?t forget about all the hype "The Dirt" gave motley crue...

anyways, even tho CD might be quite complex like axl said i doubht that there won?t be songs with huge "hit" potential with awsome hooks, so unlike the 02 tour, which was promoted horribly, i think this round will be much more grandios. and with new material out, more people will show. jeez lol, it?s Axl Rose we?re talking about, he hasn?t put his name to anythng that hasn?t become imfamous yet, and neihter will next the thing he does...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 03:39:30 PM by erose » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #355 on: January 18, 2006, 03:39:27 PM »

i guess the negativity has lost it`s marks in our little community......THIS IS FUCKIN GREAT!!!  it`s actually the best thing i read since i`m into gnr('03)    HE BROKE HIS SILENCE peace

as alwas:  we`ll see what happens....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #356 on: January 18, 2006, 03:42:44 PM »

i guess the negativity has lost it`s marks in our little community......THIS IS FUCKIN GREAT!!!? it`s actually the best thing i read since i`m into gnr('03)? ? HE BROKE HIS SILENCE peace

as alwas:? we`ll see what happens....

That' s the right spirit  beer
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #357 on: January 18, 2006, 03:43:24 PM »

I don't think that will be the case. Axl said it himself, this is a complicated album, which means (as you said in another thread) it is going to take a few listens front to back for people to wrap their heads around it. Not alot of people have that attitude. The people that fill stadiums tend to be a one and done type of a crowd (as far as album listening goes) The hardcore GnR fans, and fans of whatever genre of music this new cd falls into will give it the appropriate listen and bust ass to their shows when they come around. The average fan on the otherhand is going to give it one listen then go off of other word of mouth which might be other "one and done listeners" as well as fickle music critics that may be expecting "Album A" and don't give Axl's vision the appopriate chance before blasting it in print.

There is also the crowd that is going to bash it without even giving it one full listen because it doesn't sound like "Guns N' Roses" (which is the cross Axl will have to bear based on his desicion to keep the name).

The other problem with the 2002 tour was the scheduling of the dates, he should have started with some stronger venues first. Had the tour started in the North East were he seemed to clean up, I think based on great reviews and ticket sales numbers, the other shows in the midwest may have picked up.

Are you serious? Huh? ?There will ATLEAST be one big hit on this album. ?It's Axl Rose ?Cool

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2006, 03:57:09 PM »

i guess the negativity has lost it`s marks in our little community......THIS IS FUCKIN GREAT!!!? it`s actually the best thing i read since i`m into gnr('03)? ? HE BROKE HIS SILENCE peace

as alwas:? we`ll see what happens....

i think the negativety is still here only this time we have something to actually discuss and dig into instead of loose rumours and bullshit threads about numbers 2+0+0+6=8 and lionel fuckin?richy, my favorite pillow, gn?r dreams and wanted coversongs, botox, vs. vs. etc, you get the drift...

Here?s the question: Why did he come out in the public?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2006, 03:57:16 PM »

this is GREAT! ?i had hoped something would have been said/heard at the Korn party.

SO FKN HAPPY!!!! Great to see all the other excited posts.

peace beer peace beer peace beer
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: