Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:31:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 78457 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2006, 11:41:45 AM »

If the album doesnt come out this year and they just release a single to hold us over i really hope they dont play any other news songs besides the single at any shows they might play in.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2006, 11:42:47 AM »

Quoting Axl in Madagascar....  13 years are nothing  and "Its never too late"
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2006, 11:42:54 AM »

the great thing is.........when he said that the band is gonna get out soon........that means that he won't take that long to finish the other songs listed..........this is sooo fucking positive..............bring on GUNS N ROSES

only a single would already be awesome in 2006!!!

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #323 on: January 18, 2006, 11:44:32 AM »

I think only a single would be dissapointing.... but anyway who knows what to expect.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #324 on: January 18, 2006, 11:48:34 AM »

Axl appears and speaks on the friday 13th...
about 13 songs...
that took 13 years....
and 13 millions...

for the supersticious ( not my case) 13 is a good luck number...

Maybe the album will come out the next time Friday the 13th rolls around.  There are usually two a year. nervous

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2006, 11:58:29 AM »

about 13 songs...
that took 13 years....
and 13 millions...

Maybe the album will come out the next time Friday the 13th rolls around.? There are usually two a year. nervous

October, also June 13 is a tuesday.

seriously though i doubt Axl bided his time till a party for a different band was held on the 13th of a month so he could vaguely release some info to his fanbase Roll Eyes

Everything doesn't have to be in riddles. Maybe he said we should hear something "this year" because he doesn't know exactly when he will finish the album. but it looks like sometime this year.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 12:03:03 PM by Neemo » Logged

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #326 on: January 18, 2006, 12:04:36 PM »

For Axl, this is
A rather precise statement,
In my opinion.

Far, far better than
"Don't know if soon is the word"
And ol' "Live your life."

Also encouraged
That he listed song titles
(And named a new one!)

It seems to me, too,
That he has a long-term plan
(Multiple albums

And tour, perhaps)
Overall, I'm quite happy.
Thanks, Uncle Axl.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2006, 12:08:18 PM »

Also, it should be noted, that the public lovefest between Slash and Axl--both using "love" to describe the other, within one month's period, is intriguing--to say the least.

maybe it way just a sidekick?
but i guess axl "loves" slash guitarplaying, but i doubt that has the same feeling for his personality.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2006, 12:10:16 PM »

does the "nearly" done not alarm anybody?HuhHuhHuh Shocked
No, not really. His whole vibe concerning CD seems to have matured. He could have said something much worse than 'nearly done'(soon still isnt the word, it'll be ready when its ready, I'm not concerned with that right now,etc.). It was very interesting how he actually said how many songs would be on CD, and also naming a song title we hadn't heard before. Those comments were obviously aimed towards us, because the general public doesn't give a fuck about how many songs are on CD, or what he thinks about Izzy and Slash.

Its about damn time, you came around to the positive side  ok
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2006, 12:13:39 PM »

I don't see anything significant here (except a healthier attitude of his former GNR mates) - but I will say I'm damn happy and proud that Axl is coming out of the woodwork. Remember, he didn't appear anywhere public between January 1994 and May 2000. Which makes me even more concerned for the guy.
Remember that he is bi-polar. He can come out and act cordial with people, then the next minute you won;t find him (remember Philly 2002?). He seems to come out when its convenient for him, then disappears for 6 months to a year. If he reappears in the next 2 months, then this is truly news and something is brewing in the nu-GNR world.

Perhaps he'll collaberate with a rock band. Im glad that Papa Roach wants Axl to collaberate, but wait a minute - didn;t Weezer also want to collaberate with Axl back in 2002? What ever happened to that? Axl also failed to collaberate in the past with Ice-T, U2 and Sebastian Bach. He did to his credit collaberate with Don Henley, Gilby Clarke, Steve Jones and Alice Cooper. Hopefully this time Axl means what he says.

I don't understand Axl's plans anyways. Wasn't he supposed to have 3 new albums and a album of b-sides? Now plans have shifted. It would have also been nice if one of his bandmates came out with him, Tommy or Dizzy or Richard. When he goes out solo, it doesn't display the best camaraderie in nu-GNR. At least VR spend time off-stage with each other.

GNR needs to act like a team again, and I mean off stage and off-studio if we want some real news again - that this is a band ready to put out this music they have made in the cover of the four walls of their studio.

MNR
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 12:18:10 PM by marknroses » Logged

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2006, 12:19:29 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing the team together.

about 13 songs...
that took 13 years....
and 13 millions...

Maybe the album will come out the next time Friday the 13th rolls around.  There are usually two a year. nervous

October, also June 13 is a tuesday.

seriously though i doubt Axl bided his time till a party for a different band was held on the 13th of a month so he could vaguely release some info to his fanbase Roll Eyes

Everything doesn't have to be in riddles. Maybe he said we should hear something "this year" because he doesn't know exactly when he will finish the album. but it looks like sometime this year.

1+3+1+3=8  peace
Remember the number on his jerseys. #26..... it could mean the 6th of june (tue) hihi
No I don't think the dates are fixed yet.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2006, 12:29:58 PM »

Hmm, wasn't someone sure 2005 would be the year because it was "14 Years" since the release of Use Your Illusion. Maybe Axl wants to release the album when he thinks its ready rather than to for some cryptic superstitous reason.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2006, 12:41:41 PM »

What does it matter, I'm sure CD will be out this year and that's all I need peace

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2006, 12:43:36 PM »

WOW!- its exploded on here! With damn good reason too, everyone has to be a little happier after this news. just a quick point, Axl is not an 'average guy' he's my god and i'm guessing many more on here! I'm an average guy because I can't sing, entertain and write Like he can (no one can!)- I also cant buy a lambourgini gallardo or get anywhere near super models (let alone shag one) like he can! Undecided
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2006, 12:52:13 PM »

WOW!!!
I've never been this shocked by the news on this site....Axl fuckin Rose baby! I guess any sort of music would be good, when we've waited so long.
Hopefully this means a proper commercial release and not just more touring....Please, No more touring without releasing an album.

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2006, 12:58:18 PM »

What does it matter, I'm sure CD will be out this year and that's all I need peace

You can hope for both of us.

I'm still the President of the "believe it when I see it" club.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2006, 12:58:39 PM »

Fuckin brilliant news.

I can't believe that someone would moan when he says they've got 26 songs nearly done!

That's two fucking albums. After all the talk of "there is no album" and "He can't finish a song"

BTW, when you say "26 are almost done", usually means you've completed a load and you've got some finishing touches ?rofl on a few more to do.

It doesn't literally mean they've got 26 songs and their still working on all of them.? Cheesy

It's coming mutherfuckers.... and props to sp1at who did tell us to look out for this article as Axl had spoken to a RS journalist.

@#$%Funker

Thanks for the good laugh.

BTW he didn't say shit. Maybe 2006 is the year, maybe 2007, maybe 3050 (3+5=8!!!).

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2006, 01:07:23 PM »

here's a qoute'little note.
your like a hotdog without the mustard ,you better ketchup !
axl might have been silent but now he isn't.so that can only be good.speech speech axl cheers to you !
rock -on !
 beer

the one an only horsey !
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2006, 01:18:31 PM »

I don't see anything significant here (except a healthier attitude of his former GNR mates) - but I will say I'm damn happy and proud that Axl is coming out of the woodwork. Remember, he didn't appear anywhere public between January 1994 and May 2000. Which makes me even more concerned for the guy.
Remember that he is bi-polar. He can come out and act cordial with people, then the next minute you won;t find him (remember Philly 2002?). He seems to come out when its convenient for him, then disappears for 6 months to a year. If he reappears in the next 2 months, then this is truly news and something is brewing in the nu-GNR world.

Perhaps he'll collaberate with a rock band. Im glad that Papa Roach wants Axl to collaberate, but wait a minute - didn;t Weezer also want to collaberate with Axl back in 2002? What ever happened to that? Axl also failed to collaberate in the past with Ice-T, U2 and Sebastian Bach. He did to his credit collaberate with Don Henley, Gilby Clarke, Steve Jones and Alice Cooper. Hopefully this time Axl means what he says.

I don't understand Axl's plans anyways. Wasn't he supposed to have 3 new albums and a album of b-sides? Now plans have shifted. It would have also been nice if one of his bandmates came out with him, Tommy or Dizzy or Richard. When he goes out solo, it doesn't display the best camaraderie in nu-GNR. At least VR spend time off-stage with each other.

GNR needs to act like a team again, and I mean off stage and off-studio if we want some real news again - that this is a band ready to put out this music they have made in the cover of the four walls of their studio.

MNR

nothing signficant? LOL. Another MNR gem.

We were just updated on the status of CD and a plan to release some new music.

I think that quite significant.

KV

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2006, 01:32:28 PM »

maybe 3050 (3+5=8!!!).

hihi hihi hihi So you like FKD/sf too? Tanks for the good laugh to you too.
hehe I know behind your pc you're in ecstasies over the news. Tongue

BTW, 26songs :13+13 : 2+6=8!!! hihi

Please, No more touring without releasing an album.

Amen to that. for gods, the fans and the bands sake.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: