Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:35:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 78616 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2006, 01:43:59 AM »

This couldnt have went into the other HUGE thread , why?!  Huh

And FYI , nah , I dont think he was serious , I think him going there to that party , taking pics and giving out info was an elaboarate ruse just to fool us internet fans.  ok

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2006, 01:48:06 AM »

All I got out of it is that it appears Axl confirmed that there will be a GNR song on that movie soundtrack.

Can some one please explain this to me?  I have seen it repeated over and over again that a GNR song on the Da Vinci Code soundtrack (or any soundtrack for that matter) looks 'promising'. 
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #242 on: January 18, 2006, 01:59:36 AM »

For some reason, I hope that the album title has changed.

Me too. I think there is a good chance that when CD comes out, it won't be called that anymore.

Naw.. I love the name Chinese Democracy. Why change a name that has so much buzz attached to it? Call it negitive buzz.. but people want to hear Chinese Democracy... its been in peoples minds for too long to change

gnrevolution.com
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #243 on: January 18, 2006, 02:21:50 AM »

Okay, where to start. By GNR standards, this is, like, five years worth of news in one day.

Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

I liked that quote a lot. It's a good attitude to have toward this whole thing. I don't recall Axl ever insinuating that Chinese Democracy would change the world, but, of course, the fans expectations have grown over the years. It's smart to let the purists know that this may not be the album for them.

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,"

I was hoping that they were closer to finished than that. Hopefully this whole thing's drawing to a close though.

"I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

I like that part the best. Probably not for the same reason as most of you. None of us really know Axl, but we've developed a certain fondness for the guy over the years. I like the idea of him being happy, and I've always said that I'd like for him to patch things up with the old band members (especially Izzy). They accomplished a lot together. It'd be nice if they could be cordial. That doesn't mean I'm hoping for a reunion or anything. I've been waiting for an epic trippy album for far too long. If the old band wouldn't be interested in that direction, I wouldn't be interested in them returning right now. Maybe in a few years or something.

Overall, it was an interesting interview. Axl came across well. I thought that he looked better and more natural in the pics, and I thought that he seemed happier and more content in the interview. A nice read to cap off an otherwise terrible day.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 02:33:09 AM by disease51883 » Logged
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #244 on: January 18, 2006, 02:38:00 AM »

Just some random thoughts:

- The nice words about Slash and the fact that he talks with Izzy can we assume that the lawsuit between Duff/Slash and Axl is now a matter of formality?

- I think the plan about the 3 cds hasnt changed, or atleast the process (maybe it wont be 3 but 2) because he is still going to record atleast 2 cds worth of material with the 26 songs almost finish. So GNR wont go back to the studio once the thing finally begins.

- I wonder down the line if guest spots with the old line up wont happen, like Izzy playing with Axl or something, a reunion I think will certainly happen but its far away for the moment.
badapple81
« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2006, 02:41:58 AM »

I predict some sort of action in terms of an appearance/single/soundtrack around mid-year, with an album later on Sept-Nov.. a bit like the timeline of events in 91.

Interesting to see some posters who fill this section with negatibity and snide jokes and comments suddenly become quite positive, and some gone extremely quiet.. thought you would..

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #246 on: January 18, 2006, 02:55:32 AM »

I predict some sort of action in terms of an appearance/single/soundtrack around mid-year, with an album later on Sept-Nov.. a bit like the timeline of events in 91.

Interesting to see some posters who fill this section with negatibity and snide jokes and comments suddenly become quite positive, and some gone extremely quiet.. thought you would..

what did u expect/lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2006, 03:01:10 AM »

Anyone know when Chinese Democracy starts, exactly?

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2006, 03:01:37 AM »

Just an aside, how much different would Axl's comment have been if he had said, "People will hear THE music this year. " I think this comment would have convinced me that 2006 was the year for the album.

good point KV

that is the only worrying aspect to this statement in my view
such a non-committal type answer, even vaguer than past suggestions

on a positive note, Axl sounds a lot healthier and accepting here - it's really refreshing
this is worlds apart from the BH statement, the OMG press release, the 2002 interview or the "Dive in and find the monkey" fax

and for a guy whos been a huge Guns fan since '88, its a nice feeling hearing him have some respectful and warm words for his former brothers

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2006, 03:35:23 AM »

the best part was what he said about slash and izzy. way better than any cd news

Agreed

Megaguns
« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2006, 03:59:53 AM »

AXL SPEAKS!!!!!!! Well aint that just fine and dandy ?ok
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2006, 04:03:02 AM »

Oh Yeh! Just seen the news! Its happening!! All we ever had to do was keep the faith!! I havent read through all these pages to this thread yet but I hope to god that this thread has no negative people talking shite on it!! This is the kind of thing everyone has been waiting for! Here we go people lets get ready for the crazy ride that wr have all been waiting for! Mike

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2006, 04:10:42 AM »

Just a side note... and believe me, I love Axl and favor him over Slash in this whole dispute... but I'm thinking the whole "I love Slash. I wanted everyone to know how great he was" bit is an embodiment of what was wrong in the relationship. The general public didn't need Axl to show/tell us how great Slash was/is. Slash did that on his own. Even a die-hard Axl Rose fan like myself has to admit that...

BTW: IMHO I think Slash will get a chuckle/smile out of Axl's statement... because after 10 years some things haven't changed... but on the other hand I have to believe that it will warm his heart to know Axl cares about him and respects him despite all the BS. ok
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 04:12:47 AM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
badapple81
« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2006, 04:11:10 AM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/tully/entries/2006/01/quick_notes_1.html

-- Finally, this story about the potential release of Chinese Democracy by Guns ?N? Roses should remind you that anything said by Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash should probably be taken with a full-blown salt lick, never mind the grain. March? Really? My opinion: closer to March 2018.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2006, 04:29:04 AM »

Well, I hope the next few months will be great to follow...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2006, 04:31:22 AM »

Glad to see Axl talkin' again.

It's funny how some people are trying to put the hopes down... I mean, what's the point? Try to be "more realistic" with this news sounds like whinning to me...

About the reunion theory.. Do you guys really read the article? It says:

As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

Also, I AM a GN'R fan (since '90) and I don't want a reunion.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2006, 04:32:26 AM »

Amazing news!

I like a lot of things about the whole story.

1.- He seems to be comfortable to where he is right now. It seems like he's found internal peace.

2.- Everyone in the party wanted a piece of him, everyone. He still has it. There's nobody like him.

3.- Comments on the album. While I didn't particulary enjoyed the part in which he talks about those need-to-be recorded tracks, I liked the way he described the album...there was no tension there, seems like he was talking to a friend about it. No pressure.

4.- "People Will hear music this year" Ok, these could be a single, a Soundtrack, the album or a few gigs. Maybe a late European summer festival tour.

5.- We got ourselves a new title "Better".

6.- I love the fact that he talked to Izzy a few days ago. Like Pandora said, I don't see a colaboration there, but those two were too close to not work thigs out between them. I've also liked what he said about Slash. I'm pretty sure he heard the interview Slash had a few weeks ago.

Finally we got what we wanted. I have a feeling this board will become much optimistic after this. We've waited two years for a statement, we finally got it.

There was a post in there, Saul made it, that pretty much reflects what all of us veteran fans will experience when we get the album. I've waited so much for this...I can almost feel the Cd in my hands.

On a side note Axl likes Science Fiction books ?ok I'm currently reading Philip K. Dick's Ubik at the moment. not my favorite genre, but an impressive book so far.
Megaguns
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2006, 04:35:33 AM »

6.- I love the fact that he talked to Izzy a few days ago. Like Pandora said, I don't see a colaboration there, but those two were too close to not work thigs out between them. I've also liked what he said about Slash. I'm pretty sure he heard the interview Slash had a few weeks ago.

SEE!!! he does still go on the internet. maybe as just a guest on HTGTH... Be nice people cos axl reads your comments!! hihi
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2006, 04:46:22 AM »

i could actually see this as a the release of the long awaited album...
and a possible reuniun for the original line up for a one time gig or something in the future...if they don't hate each other anymore... they might as well get together and do something..

but Axl n Izzy! wow. that's heavy!

Chinese Democracy!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2006, 04:47:11 AM »

Also, the movie Scanner Darkly will be released in March 31st, but the rumour is that Radiohead will make the soundtrack because poeple loved the movie, but thought the soundtrack sucked. The producers called the Radiohead guys, but that's only a rumour.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: