Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:33:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 78438 times)
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2006, 11:35:08 PM »

YOOOOOO!!!

Halle-fuckin'-lujah!!!!? Man,this is awesome!! We're "gonna hear music this year"!!? ?Grin

I was excited just to see him in those pics from the party. Now this!!! Hell yeah!!? beer

It was soooo cool to hear him talk nice about Slash,wasn't it? And he's been talkin' to Izzy

too! Gotta love this guy! I agree,I couldn't care less about a reunion,it's just great to hear

him compliment Slash and not say anything negative.

It's for real this time. I don't think we'll see a reunion any time soon

but,we will have Chinese Fuckin' Democracy in our motherfuckin' hands!!?

yes? :? ok:? drool Grin

I agree,our wait is coming to a close...............

? ? GNR FOREVER!!

? ? ? ?MATT
I don't understand you,? ? you don't care about a reunion but you're calling yourself a GN'R fan and forever. Huh

I would hate the idea of a reunion , and Im a huge gnr always n forever ,? Cool
Sorry, then you're not.

Who the hell are you to say someone is not a real fan just because they dont want a reunion? Get a life jackass. rant
And who the hell are u to call me jackass, go lick Axl's cock fag. Get out of the closet and say it,you're in love with Axl,not a gn'r fan. rant
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2006, 11:36:29 PM »

I have not posted in a very long time. I have been coming here on a pretty consitent basis to see what is going on. Needless to say I was shocked to see new pictures of Axl. I was excited and thrilled. Now I come on and see he actually spoke to the press. I am cautiously optimistic, but at the same time I am apprehensive. This gets me the most.
After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album.
It's confusing, and I will not read into what it means. I will just continue to hope that things will start heading in the right direction. I am excited, and this is some of the best news I have seen in a very long time. ?love

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
nevermiss24
Rocker

CD STARTS NOW

« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2006, 11:37:33 PM »

i think u are teh only one who doesnt want to see the original Guns N' Roses on this entire site so u should shut the hell up
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2006, 11:38:04 PM »

Seriously though , when I actually walk into a store and buy Axl's album it will seem like a long chapther of my life is over. Since waiting for this album I've brought a child into the world , watched friends , family , relationships , pets , jobs come and go .... it seems like the one constant has been waiting for this fucking album of music.

LMFAO.?

I'll just be glad to be able to go buy it , hear it and have this all OVER with , cause never again will I put as much into waiting for an album of music like I did this one. Constant trolling of GNR boards at all hours of the day for any tidbit of info , the work you put into trying to convince people the new band are cool and the material will be strong and axl still "has it" ... it's really comical when you stop and think about it.

How true. How true.

I've seen enough.
nevermiss24
Rocker

CD STARTS NOW

« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2006, 11:41:38 PM »

The time is right, eh? ?He said during the 2002 mini-tour overseas that the "timing felt right" and that he was going to disappoint his naysayers in one swoop.

That was three 1/2 years ago and he disappointed his fans instead, and he's done it too many times for me to trust him.

When I see the damn CD in stores, I'll believe Axl. ?Until then, nothing he says means shit.
u have a point but it still is something we need to watch cus u never know
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2006, 11:41:56 PM »

YOOOOOO!!!

Halle-fuckin'-lujah!!!!? Man,this is awesome!! We're "gonna hear music this year"!!? ?Grin

I was excited just to see him in those pics from the party. Now this!!! Hell yeah!!? beer

It was soooo cool to hear him talk nice about Slash,wasn't it? And he's been talkin' to Izzy

too! Gotta love this guy! I agree,I couldn't care less about a reunion,it's just great to hear

him compliment Slash and not say anything negative.

It's for real this time. I don't think we'll see a reunion any time soon

but,we will have Chinese Fuckin' Democracy in our motherfuckin' hands!!?

yes? :? ok:? drool Grin

I agree,our wait is coming to a close...............

? ? GNR FOREVER!!

? ? ? ?MATT
I don't understand you,? ? you don't care about a reunion but you're calling yourself a GN'R fan and forever. Huh

I would hate the idea of a reunion , and Im a huge gnr always n forever ,? Cool
Sorry, then you're not.

Ouch... sorry. Can't let that one go. Not wanting a reunion does not a non-fan make. I would like to see the guys accept an award together or something or be part of a VH1 tribute concert thing, but a reunion probably is not best. GN'R, although very influential and authors of a powerfully important catalogue, are not a comtemporary band as we knew them. The old guys playing the old songs would without a doubt come off the same as Motley Crue's Circus of Nostalgia. The two bands (GN'R and VR) are forging ahead. The two bands are making every effort to 'fit in' to the current musical landscape without becoming a tribute to their pasts. I think that a true reunion could be a step backward, not forward. I want to hear more music from all members and I think that the current situation may be the best way to ensure that it does happen. As a GN'R fan, I do not want a reunion.
I respect your opinion but I can't agreed with it. What's wrong with Motley Crue? go see it live like I did,maybe it'll change the way you think now.  Hell of a show.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2006, 11:42:50 PM »

Fock me, I just had a Kurt Loader interview flashback............ Lips Sealed
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2006, 11:44:05 PM »

I can't believe this is actually happening. ?All that anticipation, build up, etc. ?It seems like we're at the top of the mountain, just waiting for this huge snowball to start rollin. ?I mean, if this is really the beginning, just think, new music, tours, interviews, etc. ?The whole world's gonna get back on the train, I can't wait

Bitch slap rappin'
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2006, 11:46:12 PM »

I have seen AC/DC three times. ?I would see them 100, when you got it, you got it. ?GNR is in a class with Led Zepp, The Who, AC/DC, The Stones.....

Motley Crue is a notch below, though great, they were never really preceived to be as "real" as GNR. ?GNR was America's big band for a few years, actually the worlds biggest band. ?Motley never made it that big.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2006, 11:48:20 PM »

wow 9 pages already and we havnt heard the word ''fake'' or ''bullshit''.

great to hear from axl,and now i do believe the SILENCE IS BROKEN.great to hear the slash n izzy comments to but as far as a reunion goes id rather it came later than sooner.what i mean is that ive waited all these years for CD and now its nearly here,im not even gonna wish for a reunion unless i hate the album (which i very,very,very doubt).but i do still dream about a reunion ?drool
 ? ?
 i do believe that 2006 is gonna be the year and im starting to hold my breath as from now..... hihi...... Grin....... Cheesy....... Smiley......... Undecided.......... Tongue.......... Sad......... Cry........... drool.......... no......... confused........ nervous........nope i cant hold on any longer but im sure i wont have to ?ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2006, 11:50:03 PM »

I have not posted in a very long time. I have been coming here on a pretty consitent basis to see what is going on. Needless to say I was shocked to see new pictures of Axl. I was excited and thrilled. Now I come on and see he actually spoke to the press. I am cautiously optimistic, but at the same time I am apprehensive. This gets me the most.
After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album.

So this could mean that Chinese Democracy is in fact done. ?He says that 13 songs are slated for the FINAL album. ?Does he mean that of those 32 SONGS, only 13 of them will be on the FINAL album? ?This leaves 19 songs that don't even make it onto an album. ?This is what I get out of it.

However, on the other hand, ?Axl says "you will hear music this year". ?I have to think that the interviewer asked something along the lines like "what about Chinese Democracy". ?And Axl responded by saying this Huh ?If Chinese Democracy was done, wouldn't Axl just something like "yeah it will be out this year"?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2006, 11:50:16 PM »

i think u are teh only one who doesnt want to see the original Guns N' Roses on this entire site so u should shut the hell up

I think your a rude punk who should take his own advise and "shut the hell up."  There are a bunch of people who wouldn't care for a reunion. The music wouldn't be the same, the bands passion wouldn't be the same, it would just be a fucking throwback to a once great era. I love the old band as much as anyone but whats done is done. If you want a reunion, then great. But next time try expressing your opinion like an grown mature adult.. not some 9 year old.

gnrevolution.com
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2006, 11:50:41 PM »

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but I was encouraged when he mentioned some of the songs sound kinda like Queen (or something like that). ?I'd much rather have an old-school rock sounding album than something like Oh My God.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2006, 11:54:21 PM »

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but I was encouraged when he mentioned some of the songs sound kinda like Queen (or something like that).  I'd much rather have an old-school rock sounding album than something like Oh My God.

Yeah, this kinda struck me as intersting b/c we know Roy Thomas Baker, who was Queen's producer and produced the new Darkness CD was attached to CD at one time, and perhaps some of his influence possibly carried over even after his departure.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: January 17, 2006, 11:56:56 PM »

So this could mean that Chinese Democracy is in fact done.  He says that 13 songs are slated for the FINAL album.  Does he mean that of those 32 SONGS, only 13 of them will be on the FINAL album?  This leaves 19 songs that don't even make it onto an album.  This is what I get out of it.

However, on the other hand,  Axl says "you will hear music this year".  I have to think that the interviewer asked something along the lines like "what about Chinese Democracy".  And Axl responded by saying this Huh  If Chinese Democracy was done, wouldn't Axl just something like "yeah it will be out this year"?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2006, 11:58:00 PM »

'I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

Lets hope Axl's love for Slash wasn't just the beer talking! ?beer
You know how everyones your best pal after a few beers at a party!

I wouldve been asking if Bucket was still on the album.

oh also I have a slight theory, could IZZY actually be BACK IN GUNS??!!
The reason I think this could be possible is other than the fact he mentioned now he spoke to him the other day, the last time we heard from Axl (March 2004 I think) was the press release when BH left. If you remember he said Bucket leaving has put them in a better position but he wouldn't give any more details. Do you think this meant Izzy replacing BH?? Think about it, that would explain the silence too. Izzy re - recording all BH's parts and writing/recording new shit with Axl. Maybe Axls keeping it quiet so its a big surprise.

Just a Theory guys ?ok

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
darkstar_legend
Opening Act

I am a dog.

« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2006, 11:58:34 PM »

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

I'm sure it won't sound anything at all like Guns N' Roses. But then when they've got Finck, Fortus and Brain...I don't want them to sound like Guns N' Roses. It's a totally new band, and I'm really looking forward to hearing the new songs. However, I'm a bit suspicious when Axl said that it won't sound like Axl Rose. Does that mean he's gonna be swaying away from his typical singing voice? That would be interesting.

I'm very much intrigued with the Queen mention. Can anyone explain what he meant by "arrangements"?

L S N S L X
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2006, 11:59:40 PM »

what does he mean by''Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen''.

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #198 on: January 18, 2006, 12:00:39 AM »

'I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

Lets hope Axl's love for Slash wasn't just the beer talking! ?beer
You know how everyones your best pal after a few beers at a party!

I wouldve been asking if Bucket was still on the album.

oh also I have a slight theory, could IZZY actually be BACK IN GUNS??!!
The reason I think this could be possible is other than the fact he mentioned now he spoke to him the other day, the last time we heard from Axl (March 2004 I think) was the press release when BH left. If you remember he said Bucket leaving has put them in a better position but he wouldn't give any more details. Do you think this meant Izzy replacing BH?? Think about it, that would explain the silence too. Izzy re - recording all BH's parts and writing/recording new shit with Axl. Maybe Axls keeping it quiet so its a big surprise.

Just a Theory guys ?ok

thats a pretty good theory,oh i wish  drool

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #199 on: January 18, 2006, 12:01:19 AM »

I don't think Izzy would be playing Buckethead's lead parts--if anything he would be contributing to the writing, and fine tuning process at this point. ?I would not imagine Izzy playing at all on this project, but if they talked, I am sure he listened to a few of the tunes and made his thoughts known. ?

Who knows, Axl may have been just screwing with the reporter when he said that.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: