Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:00:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 78318 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2006, 10:38:44 PM »

Yeah, ask the guy who said 2005 would be the year of GNR...

and perhaps it was true at the time he said it.

Perhaps.

as we know things change---but if new music is coming out this year in any capacity-he's the mouthpiece who can confirm it.

I don't beleive he can; as we know things change Wink

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2006, 10:38:58 PM »

Wow... I think its great that he has broken his silence.  Nice words about former bandmates is always a good thing to hear coming from Axl.

With that being said, does everyone here honestly forget when Oh My God was released, the VMAs, the European tour, NYE shows back to back years, the original Rolling Stone interview, and the 2002 tour?  This is the same kind of reaction we had to those events.  I would not expect this to happen.  History has told us that this will not turn out in our favor (meaning an album release).  You are all once again setting yourselves up to be let down incredibly at which I will be laughing the whole time.   ok
Almost Famous
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2006, 10:39:04 PM »

I gotta be part of this.

Being a fan since 1991, joining the online GN'R community back in 2001 and reading the board every day, checking in multiple times a day, thinking about Axl, Guns N' Roses and this freakin' board EVERY DAY really starts to get tiring. But this kinda makes it all worth it.

Thanks for taking the time, Axl. Thank you for keeping out faith afloat for a bit longer. Please don't let us down.

In the meantime, I'm plugging Louis XIV, Arcade Fire and Buckcherry. Fantastic and diverse bands that have killer records out RIGHT NOW.

That is all.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2006, 10:40:27 PM »

YOOOOOO!!!

Halle-fuckin'-lujah!!!!  Man,this is awesome!! We're "gonna hear music this year"!!   Grin

I was excited just to see him in those pics from the party. Now this!!! Hell yeah!!  beer

It was soooo cool to hear him talk nice about Slash,wasn't it? And he's been talkin' to Izzy

too! Gotta love this guy! I agree,I couldn't care less about a reunion,it's just great to hear

him compliment Slash and not say anything negative.

It's for real this time. I don't think we'll see a reunion any time soon

but,we will have Chinese Fuckin' Democracy in our motherfuckin' hands!! 

yes  :  ok:  drool Grin

I agree,our wait is coming to a close...............

GNR FOREVER!!

MATT
I don't understand you,    you don't care about a reunion but you're calling yourself a GN'R fan and forever. Huh

I would hate the idea of a reunion , and Im a huge gnr always n forever ,  Cool

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2006, 10:43:01 PM »

YOOOOOO!!!

Halle-fuckin'-lujah!!!!? Man,this is awesome!! We're "gonna hear music this year"!!? ?Grin

I was excited just to see him in those pics from the party. Now this!!! Hell yeah!!? beer

It was soooo cool to hear him talk nice about Slash,wasn't it? And he's been talkin' to Izzy

too! Gotta love this guy! I agree,I couldn't care less about a reunion,it's just great to hear

but,we will have Chinese Fuckin' Democracy in our motherfuckin' hands!!?

yes? :? ok:? drool Grin

? ? GNR FOREVER!!

? ? ? ?MATT
I don't understand you,? ? you don't care about a reunion but you're calling yourself a GN'R fan and forever. Huh

I would hate the idea of a reunion , and Im a huge gnr always n forever ,? Cool
Sorry, then you're not.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2006, 10:46:37 PM »

Yeah, ask the guy who said 2005 would be the year of GNR...

and perhaps it was true at the time he said it.

Perhaps.

as we know things change---but if new music is coming out this year in any capacity-he's the mouthpiece who can confirm it.

I don't beleive he can; as we know things change Wink

Ahh ha ha-okay ya got me  Kiss but ya know what? I'm going to stay optimistic and say we'll be hearing something from management (here it comes) soon! Whether it will be accurate in the end, i will humbly  put up as questionable. i think the stonewall of silence is going to crumble pretty fast now.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2006, 10:46:58 PM »

YOOOOOO!!!

Halle-fuckin'-lujah!!!!  Man,this is awesome!! We're "gonna hear music this year"!!   Grin

I was excited just to see him in those pics from the party. Now this!!! Hell yeah!!  beer

GNR FOREVER!!

MATT
I don't understand you,    you don't care about a reunion but you're calling yourself a GN'R fan and forever. Huh

Sorry, then you're not.

Who the hell are you to say someone is not a real fan just because they dont want a reunion? Get a life jackass. rant
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2006, 10:47:50 PM »

Interesting regarding Izzy.  It has long been rumoured that the two have written together during short stints in last twelve years.  I have heard of a late 94/95 period where they briefly worked together, and it circulated through studio hands that the two were in contact late in 2002.  Also, I think that due to family ties, and ties back home in Indiana, these two have stayed the closest (of the original band members) during the last twelve years.  I have a feeling the two have sat around a campfire laughing, somewhere near W. Lafyette Indiana during the past five years!!!?Huh    Wink hihi   hihi Wink

I would be very interested if there any credence to Izzy and Axl speaking recently; esp. with Buckethead leaving, and the completion of the album.  It really makes one wonder if he has heard Chinese Democracy, contributed ideas to it, or contributed some studio time and songs?  On the other hand, I wonder if Axl has heard, contributed ideas to, or contributed some vocals and piano work to Izzy/Duff/Slash 2003 jam sessions (12 song ideas Slash mentioned)??  Very interesting that Axl brings this up, at this time.

Also, it should be noted, that the public lovefest between Slash and Axl--both using "love" to describe the other, within one month's period, is intriguing--to say the least.

I have heard from my buddy Darren, that Tommy is really torn right now.  Also, Paul W. has some new songs that he wants Tommy to jam on.  Very interesting times.

Are we going to see Chinese Democracy, and then a reunion right on it's heals?  Which comes first, because they are both gonna happen!

Nice to see some action!

Mysteron, where there is smoke there is fire.  Have you heard anything about that other great songwriter from Indiana?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2006, 10:48:16 PM »

i think the stonewall of silence is going to crumble pretty fast now.

If so, that'll be good, lets hope.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2006, 10:49:59 PM »

Booker may even make an appearence... Shocked

wait..where did you hear this rumor!?? hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Almost Famous
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2006, 10:51:09 PM »

YOOOOOO!!!

GNR FOREVER!!

MATT

Sorry, then you're not.

Ouch... sorry. Can't let that one go. Not wanting a reunion does not a non-fan make. I would like to see the guys accept an award together or something or be part of a VH1 tribute concert thing, but a reunion probably is not best. GN'R, although very influential and authors of a powerfully important catalogue, are not a comtemporary band as we knew them. The old guys playing the old songs would without a doubt come off the same as Motley Crue's Circus of Nostalgia. The two bands (GN'R and VR) are forging ahead. The two bands are making every effort to 'fit in' to the current musical landscape without becoming a tribute to their pasts. I think that a true reunion could be a step backward, not forward. I want to hear more music from all members and I think that the current situation may be the best way to ensure that it does happen. As a GN'R fan, I do not want a reunion.
fartinabag
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2006, 10:53:33 PM »

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album."

Axl said THE FINAL ALBUM.  Does he mean there will be 13 songs on the last cd released in the "Trilogy"?  Maybe Chinese Democracy will have more than 13 songs?  I'm probably reading into this too much though.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2006, 10:57:05 PM »

Wow... I think its great that he has broken his silence.? Nice words about former bandmates is always a good thing to hear coming from Axl.

With that being said, does everyone here honestly forget when Oh My God was released, the VMAs, the European tour, NYE shows back to back years, the original Rolling Stone interview, and the 2002 tour?? This is the same kind of reaction we had to those events.? I would not expect this to happen.? History has told us that this will not turn out in our favor (meaning an album release).? You are all once again setting yourselves up to be let down incredibly at which I will be laughing the whole time.? ?ok

and dont forget when buckethead left the band, Axl said there would be a release announcement in a few months, and that was almost 2 years ago.  So until it happens its hard to get the hopes up.

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2006, 10:57:24 PM »

oh God, this board will explode in a few hours because of this thread

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2006, 10:58:09 PM »

I have heard from my buddy Darren, that Tommy is really torn right now.  Also, Paul W. has some new songs that he wants Tommy to jam on.  Very interesting times.

Well, i hope this isn't true---because if Axl is really sincere about it this time and Tommy bails, I'd really be shocked. Ultimately, we all gotta make up our own minds, but I would hope that Tommy knows how many people would be devastated if he left and this thing got derailed. Then again, I'm sure all the band members are leery of everything at this point, not without good reason-stay Tommy!

---Nick Nasty--

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2006, 11:00:22 PM »

Interesting regarding Izzy.  It has long been rumoured that the two have written together during short stints in last twelve years.  I have heard of a late 94/95 period where they briefly worked together, and it circulated through studio hands that the two were in contact late in 2002.  Also, I think that due to family ties, and ties back home in Indiana, these two have stayed the closest (of the original band members) during the last twelve years.  I have a feeling the two have sat around a campfire laughing, somewhere near W. Lafyette Indiana during the past five years!!!?Huh    Wink hihi   hihi Wink

I would be very interested if there any credence to Izzy and Axl speaking recently; esp. with Buckethead leaving, and the completion of the album.  It really makes one wonder if he has heard Chinese Democracy, contributed ideas to it, or contributed some studio time and songs?  On the other hand, I wonder if Axl has heard, contributed ideas to, or contributed some vocals and piano work to Izzy/Duff/Slash 2003 jam sessions (12 song ideas Slash mentioned)??  Very interesting that Axl brings this up, at this time.

Also, it should be noted, that the public lovefest between Slash and Axl--both using "love" to describe the other, within one month's period, is intriguing--to say the least.

Are we going to see Chinese Democracy, and then a reunion right on it's heals?  Which comes first, because they are both gonna happen!

Nice to see some action!

Mysteron, where there is smoke there is fire.  Have you heard anything about that other great songwriter from Indiana?

I would imagine that Tommy is very anxious. Axl has to deliver some time table to them at some point.

xl said THE FINAL ALBUM.  Does he mean there will be 13 songs on the last cd released in the "Trilogy"?

Good catch. I don't know the answer to the that. Maybe he just meant 13 would make the final cut.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2006, 11:03:46 PM »

Sounds like some people don't want the wait to end by saying it won't be out this year. hehe

Sounds like he has enough songs for 2 albums and an EP. ?That would rock. ?13 songs too few? I don't think so. I rather 13 great songs than 3 great songs and 17 fillers. ?I still think Axl reached perfection in this album, why else would he release it. ?None of the previous albums were junk. ?I just want to hear these songs. It's starting to look promising. ?ok
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2006, 11:13:01 PM »

"I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

Thank you Axl.? I fucking love you for saying this.

Along with Slash's recent comments, we finally can put a lid on the mouths of all these damn kids around here who insist that "Axl and Slash hate each other."
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2006, 11:13:29 PM »

hey, the pic in the article isn?t one of those 4 or 5 that we saw some days ago

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/9155514?rnd=1137555478477&has-player=false

can we find for others pics of that party?? anyone have a clue?

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2006, 11:15:21 PM »

I wouldn't go all reunion-crazy simply because Axl is talking with Izzy and is saying nice things about Slash. As someone has mentioned, it seems he's been speaking with Mr. Stradlin on and off for awhile-these guys were brothers for a very long time. As for his comments on Slash, my guess is that perhaps with his life's work maybe nearing a completion, maybe Axl isnt as bitter as he was and is trying to move past-well, the past! and i say good for him ok

---Nick Nasty--

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: