Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:42:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL SPEAKS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL SPEAKS!!!  (Read 78121 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2006, 09:44:32 PM »

13 songs on CD, about 13 songs on a sequel album released maybe a year later. and about 6 b-sides scattered around on singles?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2006, 09:47:21 PM »

he might still be reluctant to say that the album is done, just for leakings sake?? maybe... this baby will leak quickly tho, i wonder if i'll hear the album pr the internet version....

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2006, 09:47:41 PM »

I'm calling it right now...

Chinese Democracy = September/November

may/june  ok
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2006, 09:47:48 PM »

I wonder how many hard rocker songs will be on it. ?This new song Better has me wondering. ?At least it's good to know he's back to work again.
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2006, 09:49:13 PM »

I love this board. ?I love the GN'R world. ?I've only been in it for a few years, and I love the excitement that everyone gets when even a "rumor" pops up, let alone pics and quotes from Axl. ?I'm with you guys. ?I'm looking forward to "hearing some music this year"! ? beer

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2006, 09:49:53 PM »

may/june   ok

Im with you dude  Cool

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2006, 09:50:15 PM »

I fount the article of RS. ?Hell yeah
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2006, 09:51:20 PM »

may/june? ok
I agree. ok

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2006, 09:52:11 PM »

I love this board. ?I love the GN'R world. ?I've only been in it for a few years, and I love the excitement that everyone gets when even a "rumor" pops up, let alone pics and quotes from Axl. ?I'm with you guys. ?I'm looking forward to "hearing some music this year"! ? beer

Same here dude!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2006, 09:53:16 PM »

it doesn't make sense tho, if he has 6 songs left etc., how long will that take, considering the fact that they've had alot of time to do this.... maybe it was never supposed to happen before 2006....

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2006, 09:55:55 PM »

may/june  ok

Once again, Axl never said the album was coming this year. He said we would hear music from them. This could mean a soundtrack song or a single. 2006 isn't necessarily the year; in fact, he said that there was work left to do before they even select the songs for the album. Roll Eyes

I'm thankful that Axl gave us an update; this is what I've been pleading for a long time. But I think everyone should be realistic about this project. We are not there yet. Still alot of work to go.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2006, 09:58:54 PM »

may/june  ok

Once again, Axl never said the album was coming this year. He said we would hear music from them. This could mean a soundtrack song or a single. 2006 isn't necessarily the year; in fact, he said that there was work left to do before they even select the songs for the album. Roll Eyes

I'm thankful that Axl gave us an update; this is what I've been pleading for a long time. But I think everyone should be realistic about this project. We are not there yet. Still alot of work to go.

The album is coming out this year. You can choose to believe what you want, but at the end of the day you will have been wrong. 2k6 is infact the year that CD is released.  ok
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2006, 09:59:38 PM »

The author leads us to believe axl is talking about chinese democracy though (if that album name still exists)

""People will hear music this year," says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy "

rainX
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2006, 10:01:37 PM »

The author leads us to believe axl is talking about chinese democracy though (if that album name still exists)

""People will hear music this year," says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy "

yeah i mean, i take that to mean that he asked hey axl so how about chinese democracy and he said people will hear music this year
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2006, 10:02:47 PM »

I'm guessing this is the result of the rolling stone interview rumors (ie: there will be no formal interview/photo session in March's issue). Or, maybe it's a pre-cursor.

I sure hope Axl didn't just mean record execs when he says "People will hear music this year."

Interesting that he mentioned that book. Of all the things to talk to Axl Rose about after his long silence, reading material wouldn't be in my list of questions for Mr. Rose (down the line, certainly, but not during one of these once-in-a-lifetime type opportunities). Anyone here read/know of this book? Let the speculations begin!

I still think RIR4 is THE ONLY instance we have a shot of hearing/seeing anything from the band this year. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get a single or soundtrack song on DaVinci Code. But I'm not holding my breath for CD until next fall at the earliest.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2006, 10:05:24 PM »

ummmmmm, I don't buy it. The reporter asks him about the record and he says "People will hear music this year."  That is not an admission that the album is coming. Since a good reporter does not fill in the blanks, this person would have asked axl to confirm that CD is due this year. Once again, this is the GnR double speak that has plagued press statements for year. When they mean something, they say it. They don't imply it.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2006, 10:05:47 PM »

I sure hope Axl didn't just mean record execs when he says "People will hear music this year."

well .. if we're gunna nitpick , I'm actually listening to music right now , so year people will and have heard music this year. lmao.

The sound of music starts now! (just turn on your radio/cd/mp3 player.)

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2006, 10:07:13 PM »

I'm guessing this is the result of the rolling stone interview rumors (ie: there will be no formal interview/photo session in March's issue). Or, maybe it's a pre-cursor.

Interesting that he mentioned that book. Of all the things to talk to Axl Rose about after his long silence, reading material wouldn't be in my list of questions for Mr. Rose (down the line, certainly, but not during one of these once-in-a-lifetime type opportunities). Anyone here read/know of this book? Let the speculations begin!

I still think RIR4 is THE ONLY instance we have a shot of hearing/seeing anything from the band this year. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get a single or soundtrack song on DaVinci Code. But I'm not holding my breath for CD until next fall at the earliest.

The author is very clear to separate what Axl said and what the inference could be. No confirmation that CD is coming this year.

SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2006, 10:07:36 PM »

It seems A Scanner Darkly is an anti-drug novel.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1857988477/qid=1137551529/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/104-7357774-0846303?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2006, 10:10:42 PM »

Seriously though , when I actually walk into a store and buy Axl's album it will seem like a long chapther of my life is over. Since waiting for this album I've brought a child into the world , watched friends , family , relationships , pets , jobs come and go .... it seems like the one constant has been waiting for this fucking album of music.

LMFAO. 

I'll just be glad to be able to go buy it , hear it and have this all OVER with , cause never again will I put as much into waiting for an album of music like I did this one. Constant trolling of GNR boards at all hours of the day for any tidbit of info , the work you put into trying to convince people the new band are cool and the material will be strong and axl still "has it" ... it's really comical when you stop and think about it.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: